Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cottage Living Official Countdown Thread (Now Available)!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »

Maybe they just want to make it fair so that everyone receives the pack at the same time.

I like the fairness of it, TBH. I just wonder if it might cause the server to crash or other technical difficulties since there will be a lot more people downloading all the same time.

I worry about this, too.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    I found it odd it wasn't available at midnight (or when I woke up at 5 am my time), but I also found it odd it was releasing on Thursday instead of Friday. This is an off pattern release anyways so the middle of day release doesn't really bother me. If we went by pattern it's actually still coming earlier than 12:00 AM 7/23.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    I'm ready. :)
    I just logged into my save that has the family that I'm going to move in HoB. I packed their things and I'm ready to move them as soon as the pack is downloaded. I probably don't have time to play much today, but I can play tomorrow and during the weekend.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    We fell asleep on the sofa while watching a movie so I am up a lot earlier than I planned to be. 4 hours and forty minutes to go. Yay!! Hubby went to bed but I'm up, drinking a latte and counting down the hours. Sorry, EA, but the EA Play Live Stream will have to wait. Once ten AM rolls around, I'm going to be playing the heck out of this new pack. Who wants to listen to Cottage Living being announced when it's already installed on my PC and ready to roll? B)
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Calico45 wrote: »
    I think it is 100% EA Play. They changed the day, why wouldn't they change the release time, too? Then they post to watch EA Play. They broke all the norms specifically all around EA Play so it only makes sense.

Also, when were midnight releases unfair and problematic? Everyone got theirs at midnight their time so no conversions to keep track off and if it were the case everyone would have gotten it earlier than it stands.

Not true.

From what I understand that is how a midnight release worked. However if I am wrong, please inform how so I will know better.
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    I'm honestly confused about the bonus content and if you'll get it depending on where to buy the pack? Has any SimGuru mentioned it?
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Okay so close now guys. Off to physical therapy at 10am and I’ll be back a little after 11am. This will give me less than an hour to wait by then. Im kind of happy I have to do something this morning. Will keep me from going crazy and staring at the clock lol
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    edited July 2021
    When you play please come back to the forum and write about it. Still waiting offline but I want to play vicariously through you guys.

My husband is ill, nothing critical but I have a household to run and a kid to entertain. It will take some time before I have free time to check mods.

I am looking forward to reading about the new pack so so much :smile:
  • Options
    ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    Can't wait! Just finished updating my game since all of the mods I use have been updated :)
    He/Him
  • Options
    dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    Who else is planning to make a swamp with this pond tool?😆😆😆😆😆😆
    oh please.....the base game patch is already out. Ive already turned one of the plots in Forgotten Hollow into a bayou complete with alligators!LOL

(am now worried that Im going to go crazy and give all my sims chickens, llamas and cows wether it makes sense to own them or not!!)
  • Options
    crimsonnclover324crimsonnclover324 Posts: 73 Member
    It's 9:30 here... and 1 PM is too far away!! Cannot wait!
    OriginID: crimsonclover324
    YachD4h.png
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Got my code from Cdkeys this morning so I'm all entered and set for launch time. I feel much better not paying full price for something I know is going to be bug ridden.
  • Options
    SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Aine wrote: »
    I'm honestly confused about the bonus content and if you'll get it depending on where to buy the pack? Has any SimGuru mentioned it?

So it seems that you will get the bonus content in the new pack. James Turner was showing off the bike and gnome statue in his Let's Play.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    for me it might be 1 pm 12:00 pm (noon) or 2:00 pm montreal time zone so waiting
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    edited July 2021
    I just realized it's the last week of autumn in my save that I will play in HoB. The winter will be interesting in there. I'm just worried that my Sims aren't going to earn much during winter. It's going to be tough and they will probably struggle a lot. The father just quit his job and the mother doesn't even have a job and they have two toddlers. I'm very excited though. :)
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    Who’s calling off work tomorrow to play? 😁

I was tempted! But instead I decided to start work early so I could leave early. That gives me time for the game to download while I'm working, and then a few hours to see whether anyone is reporting any apocalyptic game-destroying bugs before I jump in to it.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member

I'm pretty sure a guru mentioned on Twitter that it didn't matter where you bought it so long as you redeemed your code by the date required. I bought mine at CD Keys so I will see later whether I have got the bonus content or not.

Less than 3 hours to go!
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    I think it is 100% EA Play. They changed the day, why wouldn't they change the release time, too? Then they post to watch EA Play. They broke all the norms specifically all around EA Play so it only makes sense.

Also, when were midnight releases unfair and problematic? Everyone got theirs at midnight their time so no conversions to keep track off and if it were the case everyone would have gotten it earlier than it stands.

Not true.

From what I understand that is how a midnight release worked. However if I am wrong, please inform how so I will know better.

Well, it was regional so the times differed depending on time zone. For example, the game would unlock at 9pm for some people, 11pm for others, and various other times. That's why simscommunity.com always put up countdown timers to help everyone keep track.
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    for me it might be 1 pm 12:00 pm (noon) or 2:00 pm montreal time zone so waiting

Montreal time is the same as EST time - so 1:00 pm
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    Just over two hours to go now, and after what the patch has broken, I'm more scared than excited now. If loads of stuff in the pack is broken, what I've been so looking forward to is going to be ruined. Am trying to keep hopeful. :'(
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    2 hrs 8 minutes to getting our clucking hands on Cottage Living!
  • Options
    KeyserFnKeyserFn Posts: 1,424 Member
    2 hours left it's 11am here on the east coast of the US.Is it just me or is time going by really slow
    b96a6288-80b2-4a90-b4f2-d0ff50a849e2.jpg~original

Origin gtgirl1999
    twitter @gtgirl_99
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I guess I can start preparing my Sim to move. I need over 21k Simoleans to get the lot I built for her. PLUS I’ll need more so I can build her a starter home; so I better start now. She only has a few thousand simoleans right now.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited July 2021

Not true.

Well, it was regional so the times differed depending on time zone. For example, the game would unlock at 9pm for some people, 11pm for others, and various other times. That's why simscommunity.com always put up countdown timers to help everyone keep track.

Okay. So I thought a midnight release meant midnight whatever your personal time (so regional, of course, but when my clock says 12 I get it and when your clock says 12 you get it even though it may technically be hours apart) and that is how it always seemed to be talked about in my opinion.

Excuse me for still being slightly confused, but does the normal midnight release just pick a time for a global drop like this one with CoL (which I did not originally think was the case at all) and if not why are the times you mentioned so variable?

Obviously CoL launch is a set time for a global launch so it is different for everyone, but I thought the point of the standard midnight release was to stagger it.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    edited July 2021

I'm pretty sure a guru mentioned on Twitter that it didn't matter where you bought it so long as you redeemed your code by the date required. I bought mine at CD Keys so I will see later whether I have got the bonus content or not.

Less than 3 hours to go!

As I bought here EB Canada I have to wait to have code sent in box but then I save $20. so I'm good with that. The code for bonus items came in email today so I was able to put them in my game right away.
    So just watch your email or see if they mention the bonus content where you bought it.

"Gnomeful Exclusives — We are ALL about the Gnomes, and even more have managed to sneak into the game for those who purchase by September 2! Ride around town with the Scenic Commuting Bicycle, make a statement with the "Onward" The Adventurous Gnome sculpture, and delight your Lot with the Bramblewood's DeLIGHTful Tree. (Don’t worry about the tiny door in the trunk. It’s fine. We promise.)" this was on my ad.

Would like to add I really hope you all get them as the tweets don't say "participating only" at least not the one I saw from SimGuru Romeo. I can't wait to see the screenshots you all post as well.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion