Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What aspect of The Sims 3 Store would like to bring back?

What aspect of The Sims 3 Store would like to bring back? 35 votes

the super-large worlds
37%
MichelleWIsb917alanmichael1akaniki0bloodydarkangljheyjuneicetexxx78DominicLaurenceSERVERFRAdearie_blossomAlHusainHavenRoseTuskor 13 votes
awesome premium content and objects
11%
MysticalMummaBabykittyjadeAuroraskiesMak27 4 votes
free SimPoints and promotionals
2%
waterywatermelon 1 vote
other (please explain)
17%
LeGardePourpreFelicityTeeSeaelelunicyCalico45SandyLee149 6 votes
what? Sims 3 Store? Please, NO WAY!!!
25%
PlayerSinger2010haneulluthienrisingBecka28SimmingalCatzillaEternalSunshineVeeDubVeganisiniz 9 votes
not much experience with the Sims 3 Store / cannot comment
5%
sims4_packideasClarity88 2 votes

Comments

• Options
    waterywatermelonwaterywatermelon Posts: 473 Member
    The Sims 3 was the only game that allowed me to gain free SimPoints (free money).
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    other (please explain)
    I really, really hated the Sims 3 store back in the day. I didn't use it at all. I didn't even redeem my limited edition codes and register my game copies. I resented having to take Origin seriously. I resented having to use any launcher. In fact, apparently between the time my account solidified into a resemblance of what it is now, my old stuff was segregated from the later packs. (Found out the hard way years later.)

I still remember how disappointed I was getting a Barnacle Bay box with a code. (Took me forever to redeem it, and for the record I still didn't have Internet in my house until a few years after 3's launch.) But I was a kid and didn't have pocket change or any control over the Internet. I had to beg for every pack I got, and imagine trying to explain digital currencies to parents that just brought the Internet into their home.

Years later and having used it, I like the content, but still dislike how it was sold. Yes, there were deals to be had, but absent something an extreme couponer would be proud of you're paying a lot for substantial additions. Not having this store I considered a bonus when moving from 3 to 4, but I do admit I have wanted for new content much more in 4 than 3.

So, if this were brought back, I want it kit style. Aka, bundles. Yes, I understand that you pay technically less overall when you buy one item at a premium, but your money is worth less at that same premium. So worlds, kits/bundles, and I don't want another psuedo currency. List it straight in legal tender. If it does all that, I wouldn't complain.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    nothing. absolutely nothing.
    I still hate it very much.
    regardless of content.
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    I enjoyed the Sim Store. When I think back to many of my purchases I do so with pleasure. The new content was frequent, diverse, and interesting. The worlds especially were beautiful and had a lot more lots per than just about all given to us in Sims 4. As for the money I got more enjoyment out of my purchases off the store than say a myriad of ways I spend money now, for example buying a world that I will enjoy for many months is cheaper than eating out for two in my town for one night.
    β€œAll mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I only recently started paying attention to the store and wow, the prices are still ridiculous!! I'm so glad it was done away with!
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    other (please explain)
    The best thing about TS3 store is how frequent it released content. I would love new paid content at least once every month.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    I only recently started paying attention to the store and wow, the prices are still ridiculous!! I'm so glad it was done away with!

It isn't any different now except we don't get things as often. Im sorry its gone
    β€œAll mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    SandyLee149SandyLee149 Posts: 65 Member
    other (please explain)
    I am enjoying Sims 4, but in general much preferred the open world in Sims 3. The game ran fine for me until they came out with Animals (not sure if it was a pack or full expansion). I took that off my game and it ran great as an open open world. I also miss not being able to make ponds on your property and stock them with fish. I'm enjoying Sims 4, but in general much preferred Sims 3.
  • Options
    @SandyLee149 Why don't you install all the Sims games on your computer? That's what I do, and everything runs fine.

If I feel like playing Sims 2 or Sims 3, then I'll just play that instead of Sims 4.

Play with what you prefer more, and I'm sure you will get more enjoyment out of that.
  • Options
    SandyLee149SandyLee149 Posts: 65 Member
    other (please explain)
    @SandyLee149 Why don't you install all the Sims games on your computer? That's what I do, and everything runs fine.

If I feel like playing Sims 2 or Sims 3, then I'll just play that instead of Sims 4.

Play with what you prefer more, and I'm sure you will get more enjoyment out of that.

That's a good idea. I've never played 2, but there were a lot of things I liked about Sims 3. Thanks. :-)
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    the super-large worlds
    Today I wish we could by CAS and build mode from expansions and game packs separately for a SP price each.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    @DominicLaurence That sounds like The Sims 2 Store content. The Sims 2 Store was mostly stocked with pack content sold separately, and it did have some unique Store items. The Sims 3 Store had mostly unique Sims 3 content.
  • Options
    TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    other (please explain)
    Babies not stuck in bassinet
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,235 Member
    edited July 2021
    other (please explain)
    The themes : Cambodia, Africa, Russia, ...

The Sims 3 Store explored themes never seen in the packs from TS2 to TS4.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    other (please explain)
    I used the promotions to the point where I got most of my store stuff for pennies on the dollar (daily deals, ads, buying large simpoint packs, complete your set). So that was fantastic. The large worlds, *chef's kiss* though not as necessary because of CAW. The premium content was great as well.

I chose "other" because what I miss most is the engagement of the team. People would post their wants in the store thread, and usually it got incorporated into a store set. The gurus talked to people constantly as well and got feedback. Plus there was new content every other week.