Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Bills Are CRAZY!

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I agree that sims shouldn't be taxed on items in their house or inventory. Real estate taxes irl where I live are based on the land and house value, not how much a person owns. We have auto taxes but the sims don't have cars. They shouldn't be taxed for having furniture or from collectibles, though it would be more true to life if when sell them a percentage is taken off for taxes. The household weekly bill should be based on the land, house, and the electric/water bills not everything they own. You can't decorate your home with the collectibles you find in the world or when adventuring in the jungle because it increases your bill to a crazy amount. I always feel the need to sell it just to keep bills down, which is a shame after my sim's hard work finding it! lol My sims struggle to buy a larger home because as soon as they earn enough they pay their bill and very little is left.
  • Options
    troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    Bills are insane because after simmers complained for so long they overhauled the billing system and bills were $300 and what did simmers do? They complained bills were too LOW, so they fixed it again and now bills are outrageous.

I just cheat and give my sims money to pay the bills. Not worth the aggravation
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    bruceleroy98bruceleroy98 Posts: 333 Member
    Yo I have an apartment building that I stayed in solo but once the first bill hit, I was immediately in over my head. First bill was 13k, now I'm behind 28k. I'm not going to cheat though. I'm getting roommates and hoping I can catch up before all of my apartment building items are repossessed lol
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,979 Member
    Bills are still too low for me. I still think OP had the vacation bills bug.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    @haneul

I have no idea how much does it cost, but it is 2 stories high and 2 stories underground with pretty much everything one would need (But not literally everything available). I would reckon that the bills come from lights and from NAP plans. Eco lifestyle really reworked the bills. BUT the house is essentially a powerplant :-)
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    edited July 2021
    ArcherDK wrote: »
    @haneul

I have no idea how much does it cost, but it is 2 stories high and 2 stories underground with pretty much everything one would need (But not literally everything available). I would reckon that the bills come from lights and from NAP plans. Eco lifestyle really reworked the bills. BUT the house is essentially a powerplant :-)

I don't think it would be that much. My issue was with bills of supposedly 2 million a week. I think that's a mistake and not really possible in the game with reasonable gameplay. For my own sims, the utilities are almost nothing. It's mainly the 50k to 60k in lot taxes. If the bills scale, for someone to have bills of 2 million the lot has to be worth 40 million or so, which is possible but unlikely.

Bills in the millions is likely a bug, not a feature: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Bills-are-really-high/td-p/9756329
  • Options
    zoeisabeliazoeisabelia Posts: 67 Member
    I wish my bills in Real life were covered by rent / mortgage. When I was younger , never found a place that paid off utilities and found out real quick to turn off a light if I am not in a room and wear a sweater in the winter and have the thermostat set to almost not freezing. Now as an adult, on top of electric , gas, water there’s even waste management that I thought it was covered but it was the one thing my landlords always paid for. Believe me, the bills my sims get are realistic, that’s why I try to use/ upgrade anything to eco power and basically use the auto lights for everything and fix that leak in the sink once it starts.
  • Options
    Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    My highest bill is something like 8.9k. I'm a builder but my homes suck compared to the others out there.
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    Bills are still too low for me. I still think OP had the vacation bills bug.

I'm in a new family (play in rotation) but I used MCCC to adjust the bills. So now nothing is higher than 1K. Which seems more reasonable to me.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!