Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cottage Living: Prep and Plans

Comments

• Options
    lori171957lori171957 Posts: 233 Member
    Jennifer_ wrote: »
    What do you guys think about a rustic modern hybrid house would it fit the world?

This one kinda looks a bit modern on the side there..

ep11-cottageliving-woods-png-adapt-crop16x9-1455w-1.png

It might be a conservatory addition or a modern greenhouse. I did wonder.
    I think you could make it fit in, @deadncrispy :)
  • Options
    mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    I would really like to give off-the-grid another go when Cottage Living comes out. I've done this only once before in Sulani. I don't have Eco Living though, so it was a bit of a challenge, especially when it came to cooking. I was limited to using the cooking pit or the grill, and I think I was able to prepare a few things like salad or sushi. These kind of fit the world of Sulani though, but not so much for Henford on Bagley, especially if we will be getting new recipes for the new ingredients. I really hope the pack will offer a few options for off the grid cooking.

I think the base game stove that looks like it's wood-burning works off the grid, and I think it would definitely fit the HoB vibe.

I think that would fit in quite well with the new pack too, though the new kitchen set in the trailer looks quite nice. It's been a while since I've played off-the-grid, but if I recall, my main gripe with using the stove was the extremely limited choices, and the way they've narrowed down which dishes can and can't be made really didn't make much sense to me. If a few fried or soup dishes can be made off grid, then how are the other dishes any different. My hope with this new pack coming out is there will be a real, functional wood cooking stove where our sims can prepare most, if not all, dishes available.
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    In my game, Siobhan Fyres convinced her parents to move to Brindleton Bay so she can mover her new husband, Sergio into the giant mansion.

But Sergio is planning to kill Siobhan and marry J Huntington and move him into the mansion.

After the murder, Dominic and Moira are so sad that they ask their other daughter, who’s a vampire to erase their memories.

Anyway… Dominic and Moira can now start a new life at the HOB!

Dominic is never loyal, so he can try to woohoo with a premade. And Moira can leave him, fall in love with a nice vet and enjoy her new life.
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,780 Member

I usually create all my Sims. I haven't had a baby in the game in a very long time. This pack has inspired me to have babies and age them up once my Sim gets married. My plan so far is to have a teen, child and twin toddlers.

My Sim will move to this small town, tend his farm, fall in love and marry a small town local girl, have babies and live their happily ever after farm life.

I'm so excited for this.
    tenor.gif
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    lori171957lori171957 Posts: 233 Member
    I am practicing building cottages, lots of them. I am getting better, figuring out a good livable design.
  • Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    I plan to move Gunther Munch (elder), his long-term girlfriend Carina Pleasant (elder) and their son Marvin Pleasant to HOB. I plan to age Marvin to a teenager in the new location. I want to give him the new traits/aspiration - if there are any - and the new clothing.
    Gunther and Carina will retire from their jobs (writer and painter) eventually and live on a farm (with at least one chicken coop, one lama and one cow). Their boy will help them with the animals and become a farmer when he is a young adult. He is already bonding with nature playing around the large grassland in Windenburg.
    From time to time their siblings will visit them and bring their children for a weekend at the farm. Wolfgang Munch is in a relationsship with Carina's sister Lorena. They have two sons: Damian and Linus. They live in the big city of San Myshuno. So I am sure they will visit as often as they can.
    Gunther's other brother Lucas won't visit that often. He works as a gardener and runs a small flower shop in Newcrest despite still living in Windenburg. His girlfriend Wilhelmine von Sonnenburg and their children Rebekka and Moritz might visit them on their own.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    So, I've seen discussions in in other threads about how it will be too easy to make money quickly from farming. We already have a very easy/lucrative option, which is selling directly from the plant. We will also be able to sell our produce individually from either the existing sales tables in the games, or potentially a new similar type of object, which would likely make it much slower/harder to earn money.

But I'm playing around with another idea as well. I think I might have my various farming sims regularly gift their produce and animal products to Bernard, my grocer. Then he can simply go around once a rotation and pay them a set sum, since we have the option to pay cash to other sims. Then when you go to Bernard's little shop, you will be able to buy apples grown by Alice, honey made by Hannah, grapes grown by George, eggs harvested by Emily, etc. (I'm trying to remember whether produce actually shows who grew it, and I think maybe it doesn't, but some of other products do, so I'm hoping at least the eggs and milk will.)

Anyway, I think that will give the shop a nice country store vibe, and also provide steady but not extravagant income for my farmers.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    edited July 2021
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    So, I've seen discussions in in other threads about how it will be too easy to make money quickly from farming. We already have a very easy/lucrative option, which is selling directly from the plant. We will also be able to sell our produce individually from either the existing sales tables in the games, or potentially a new similar type of object, which would likely make it much slower/harder to earn money.

But I'm playing around with another idea as well. I think I might have my various farming sims regularly gift their produce and animal products to Bernard, my grocer. Then he can simply go around once a rotation and pay them a set sum, since we have the option to pay cash to other sims. Then when you go to Bernard's little shop, you will be able to buy apples grown by Alice, honey made by Hannah, grapes grown by George, eggs harvested by Emily, etc. (I'm trying to remember whether produce actually shows who grew it, and I think maybe it doesn't, but some of other products do, so I'm hoping at least the eggs and milk will.)

Anyway, I think that will give the shop a nice country store vibe, and also provide steady but not extravagant income for my farmers.

Love the way you play! Sounds like a fun arrangement, and even if some produce don't tell who harvested, your locals will "know". You could even place a photo of that farm on the table or on a wall.

I might try this. I do something slightly similar with bee wax, sims deliver their harvest to a store that sells both bee and soy wax to candle makers, but those products are more generic, and nobody care who delivered the wax :) I just cheat them some money. Sounds more fun to actually pay them through gifting.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    b1USB3m.png
    j4orGEk.png
    1RDjV9Z.png
    d4MqRni.png
    1. McFreely Farm - A typical American farm owned by the McFreely family. It's gonna feature a cow and some chickens.
    2. Queen Maria's Castle - A garden-themed castle owned by my alter ego Queen Maria Zowanski.
    3. Emperor Roman's Castle - A dark/lava-themed castle owned by my alter ego Emperor Roman Zowanski.
    4. Simletubby Land - A magical countryside landscape home to all four little Teletubby sims. It's gonna feature more flowers, bunny rabbits, trees, and voice trumpets. There's also a magic windmill, so when it spins with sparkles, it's time for all the Teletubby sims for a TV event or a magical event.
  • Options
    HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    Suddenly realized that farming seems more up Moria Fyres's alley a bit more than being a botanist is and her home has loads of room for some farming plots.

Says something that the people in other worlds that I associate with are the Winenburg country side fellows. Though there is also the Harris family in Eco Lifestyle, I bet they would also pull in an improper cow, llama and chicken within a suburb.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I'm not doing any preps and plans for this, saved for maybe some new sims with new names and surnames. But the lots, I already have some built that would fit very nicely in with this Pack.
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    Handel wrote: »
    Suddenly realized that farming seems more up Moria Fyres's alley a bit more than being a botanist is and her home has loads of room for some farming plots.

Definitely moving Moira over to Cottage Living area. Possibly Lucas Munch.

• Options
    dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    Ive just bulldozed Oasis Springs in one of my saves so I can turn it into an Old West style town. The park is now a gold rush town (courtesy of the gallery!), the Landgraabs are the wealthy ranchers, Johnny Zest a poor cowboy and the Calientes run the best brothel in town!LOL
    I figured that whilst I will enjoy playing an english country village it might be nice to have a different kind of off-the-grid farming option available.
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    dogzdinner wrote: »
    Ive just bulldozed Oasis Springs in one of my saves so I can turn it into an Old West style town. The park is now a gold rush town (courtesy of the gallery!), the Landgraabs are the wealthy ranchers, Johnny Zest a poor cowboy and the Calientes run the best brothel in town!LOL
    I figured that whilst I will enjoy playing an english country village it might be nice to have a different kind of off-the-grid farming option available.

That’s a great idea. 😎🎉

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,140 Member
    You all have such great ideas, you make me feel inadequate because I'm just sitting around waiting for the new livestream on Thursday before delving into making plans! So many possibilities but so many questions needing answers, I haven't come up with anything yet. I do know I will start a new save just for this pack, though. It's the only way I'll be able to use all the new content without having to compromise on space. or change the storylines in my current save. At some point, Glimmer Brook will be incorporated as an extension of HoB, but that's weeks away from happening. I do know I will be using all the new animals and wildlife, of course. Now I need to come up with some unique Sims and storylines for them. I really enjoy Rags to Riches game play ( Thank you, James Turner ), and at least one of my Sims will start their new life as a very poor but hardworking individual. I have a male Sim I created, but never played, in my library who might become my Rags to Riches Sim. But he will need a wife so perhaps I'll create a sweet country girl for him to court once he has attained some success and can afford to start a family.

I do want the live stream to show us more about the premade Sims in HoB. I have never been a huge fan of most of the premades, but I'm hoping the ones residing in HoB are interesting, with good backstories and will be fun to play. Or, at the very least, be the kind of neighbors that don't intrude every five minutes or steal my crops. Speaking of crops, I hope the teams fix that gardening bug in the pre-EP update. :D
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    edited July 2021
    I did an Internet search and found images of homes built in Virginia in the 18th century. Mind you, all I had to go on was the outside, but I managed to create a floor plan for each. The first one is what's called a shot-gun format, IE room behind room behind room, as it were. Both are built on a 40 X 30 lot, since someone was kind enough to read off the list of possible lot sizes.
    vqYno4l.jpg
    First floor:
    tWj9z88.jpg
    Second Floor:
    pqlKBaB.jpg
    Third Floor:
    6TPJuwu.jpg

The other image I found was something I'd call a forerunner to the rambling ranch style"
    d1qSUPI.jpg
    A Cutaway of the first floor:
    aXL9PPp.jpg
    The Second Floor:
    ltJsquD.jpg

I have yet to give either one a play-test, so I'm anxious to try them out.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    @Amapola76 what a wonderfully creative idea. I may have to do something like that also.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited July 2021
    I always feel like I can't make any major planning till I learn all about the world 😅😅😅
    I'm desperate lol
    Can't wait for detailed world info and pics.
    My sims are on a 40×30 lot. But if I want to play all the new farming stuff along with what I already have no way that's gonna be big enough..... so I'm thinking a may have to move to the new world even if I'm not that crazy about the design...
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    FleGtDz.png
    UsLp7A2.png
    Ry9oQBa.png
    HlhHzXf.png
    1. McFreely family - A European-American featuring Lawrance McFreely Jr. and his wife Rochel, his older son Rich, his younger son Victor, his daughter Vanellope, and his father Lawrance Sr.
    2. Queen Maria Zowanski - An alter ego of mine and a good witch of London, England, UK. She is the mother of her estrange evil Emperor Roman.
    3. Emperor Roman Zowanski - An alter ego of mine and an evil over-dramatic spellcasting demon of London, England, UK. He is the son of Queen Maria. He's gay and uses he/they pronouns.
    4. Simletubbies - Four little colorful Teletubby sims with plumbob aerials and TV screen in front of their bellies. Featuring two males and two females, Dinky Linky (Tinky Winky), Bipsy (Dipsy), Taa-Taa (Laa-Laa), and Bo (Po). Their favorite things are a red bag, cow textured hat, orange ball, and a scooter.
  • Options
    deadncrispydeadncrispy Posts: 500 Member
    I'm leveling my vampires gardening skill cause I'm gonna use a vampire in this pack
  • Options
    MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    My god, the Teletubbies… cursed!
  • Options
    PurpleHeatherPurpleHeather Posts: 83 Member
    I'm starting a Jane Austen story with the new pack, were Bingley/Jane and Elizabeth/Darcy are already married. The Bennet, Darcy, Bingley and Wickham families are already created. Pemberley, Netherfield, Longbourn are also ready for Henford, I hope they will fit on the lots.

I'm currently working on a single men household, they are possible partners for Kitty, Georgiana, and Mary. The men and women have their own club, and their activities include being friendly and flirting with the other club. They can meet in the town, or in the Meryton village/ballroom lots and the Lambton Inn/Tearoom/shops lots.

Kitty and/or Mary will live in a cottage when they find their partner. I'm excited for them to have their own garden, cow and chickens :).
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I have really liked reading about different plans and ideas. I haven’t decided what I want to do yet. Start a new save or incorporate parts of it for one of my existing stories.

First thing to do is to make sure that my main mods are ok, otherwise I will just wait. Then I will check my favorite CC. After that I usually put a clean Tray folder in and just download everything I like that suits the new world from the Gallery. I have individual tray folders for every world in sims 4 so that I have lots that suits the vibe I am going for. After getting a good haul for the new world I will go offline and probably stay that way for a few months. Will see what I feel like playing at that point.
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    I want to move three families to HOB, one in each hood. My ideas now (subject to more info tomorrow) are for 1 single guy to live in a haunted home, a couple to take up farming and canning, and animal breeding, and a single mom and her daughter to move in close to town. The daughter wants to do cross stitch.
  • Options
    KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    I’ve been having a bit of fun recently, I already have my main Sims set up and the shell/house built. I detailed it earlier in thread. :smiley:

At the moment I have a single female sim who has moved out to the countryside in Windenburg. She bought a vineyard/orchard for $70,000 and she has been building up her juice fizzing business. She’s got 12 fizzing stations in her basement and has been making a ton of money. I’m in day four of her little vineyard operation and she’s made over $14,000

It’s crazy profitable. It’s been fun.
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]