Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So we are getting burglar foxes before acutal burglars...

In the new gameplay trailer we can see there's an alarm for the fox, plus they even used the iconic music from previous iterations we heard back then when a burglar broke into houses. Does this mean we could get burglars later?

The scene is at 3:23 minutes.
https://youtu.be/xlYojESNBIg?t=203
Lu4ERme.gif

Comments

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    We already have burglars, they are called kleptomaniacs. I thought the fox looked cute and they said it's a wild animal, but in the trailer it wore a sweater. Wonder who knitted her a sweater or was that stolen as well?
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    We already have burglars, they are called kleptomaniacs. I thought the fox looked cute and they said it's a wild animal, but in the trailer it wore a sweater. Wonder who knitted her a sweater or was that stolen as well?

Are you a new simmer? Kleptomaniacs are not actual burglars. Back then, we had actual burglars, inform yourself & look it up.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options

Are you a new simmer? Kleptomaniacs are not actual burglars. Back then, we had actual burglars, inform yourself & look it up.

I am not a new simmer and please don't make excuses for kleptomaniacs.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member

Yikes!
    kWSzfT4.gif
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Interesting observation. Maybe we will? I hope we get them with a full on Superhero/Villainy pack so we could have even more crime in the game. I really want some more grit like we got in Vampires.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    LiELF wrote: »
    Interesting observation. Maybe we will? I hope we get them with a full on Superhero/Villainy pack so we could have even more crime in the game. I really want some more grit like we got in Vampires.

Well I don't think we should pay a pack for burglars...
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options

What's even the corelation between kleptomaniacs (which is a trait) and burglars that are NPCs. You don't make no sense.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member

Yeah as much as this pack looks cool it's all so... "happy" lol. Waiting for the vampire style nitty gritty pack! And definitely we need crime and police!
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options

What's even the corelation between kleptomaniacs (which is a trait) and burglars that are NPCs. You don't make no sense.

They both steal your stuff. An NPC with the kleptomaniac trait always steals your stuff.
  • Options
    KuroiKuroi Posts: 137 Member
    Thinking of how split the community is into pro-burglar and contra-burglar players, I consider the burglar fox some kind of compromise. And that's why I wouldn't bet on us getting real burglars in the game anymore.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I love that the fox is wearing a sweater & a mask. Also, that there's a fox alert alarm on the chicken coop.
    It reminds me of when we had burglars in Sims 3. Hopefully, we will actually have playable burglars put in Sims 4 base.
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I am guessing the fox only wears the sweater and mask when stealing from the chicken coop.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Kuroi wrote: »
    Thinking of how split the community is into pro-burglar and contra-burglar players, I consider the burglar fox some kind of compromise. And that's why I wouldn't bet on us getting real burglars in the game anymore.

Are people really against burglars in game? Most people on here appear to very pro-burgler. I get not wanting them because they may get annoying, but hopefully there is a toggle to just turn them off.

I don't consider a fox to be a good compromise and hope we get burglars in the future.
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I played Sims 1 & 2. The burglars were a little annoying, but at least we could have the burglar alarm. I liked having the cops catch them and getting that reward. They didn't come around all that often, so that helped. I seem to remember some sims being frightened by the burglars. I think if we had burglars we'd also need our sims to become terrified, depending on temperament. If they added burglars maybe they could add a toggle, so those who weren't interested could turn them off, rather than nerfing them into nothingness, like the vampires.
  • Options

They both steal your stuff. An NPC with the kleptomaniac trait always steals your stuff.

Yeah whatever.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    summertaffy68summertaffy68 Posts: 211 Member
    I really don't care about "actual burglars". I don't want my stuff stolen. The fox is a lot cuter too, so I'm fine with this.
    1500x500.jpg
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member

Well I don't think we should pay a pack for burglars...

Maybe they could be patched in and the rest of the crime come in the pack. :)
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    bixters wrote: »

Are people really against burglars in game? Most people on here appear to very pro-burgler. I get not wanting them because they may get annoying, but hopefully there is a toggle to just turn them off.

I don't consider a fox to be a good compromise and hope we get burglars in the future.

For me, personally, the issue is not burglars per se, it's that the visual of cops bursting in and beating up the burglar is... not really a great look these days. It's definitely not something I feel like I need to see in the game. I'm not interested in debating whether anyone thinks that it's a valid concern or not, it's just how I feel... and I have no idea what the percentage is of people who would care about that, but I'd wager that it's at least enough people that the devs don't want to touch it with a ten foot pole. Even if they aren't personally uncomfortable with it, which they very well may be.

Now, if they wanted to have burglars break in, the alarm goes off, and there's a non-violent scene where the burglar simply walks out with hands up, cool, fine by me, but there are people who would complain that that portrayal is not violent or gritty enough. So it's pretty much a no-win situation for the devs.

Whereas here we have an anthropomorphized but non-human version of the burglar, which may or may not be enough to scratch the itch for everyone, but it's clearly a nod to the game's history.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member

They were always toggable. It's called a burglar alarm.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    Well, we got boats, brooms and bikes before cars (if we ever get them) so why not foxes before burglars (again if we ever get them)

I played the older versions of the game and remember the burglars but don't particularly miss them. I always got a burgler alarm as soon as possible. I wouldn't mind getting burglars back, but I can do without.

And in real life we just bought a device to scare away foxes because we don't want to loose our chickens again. It is strange to have to repeat that in the game. :)
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member

They were always toggable. It's called a burglar alarm.

I think that may be how it worked in TS3, I don't really remember... but in TS2 at least, the alarm didn't stop the burglars from entering. They could still break in and steal your stuff, the alarm just woke up the household and contacted the police.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    The Sims 3 burglars was so fun. I actually got my sims to fight the burglars. :D
  • Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    There should be a toggle to turn burglars off for people that don't want them, I don't see why classic player should miss out on those classic villains because some don't want them, everyone should win its our game, they added unpredictability, for me the sims 4 worlds are annoyingly perfect
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    edited July 2021
    I'm sorry, I know you're all talking about burglars but all I can think of is "Swiper no swiping!"

Anyway, as @Atreya33 said, we got cars, boats, and bikes before cars, why not Swiper the fox before actual burglars?

The fox dressed as a burglar in the trailer is adorable though. Maybe its a hint. Kidding...sort of.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    While I wouldn't mind actual human burglars in the game, I also don't miss them as it is now. I remember back in TS2, they weren't such a big deal, only showing up once in a blue moon. And knowing TS4, they'd probably be poorly implemented anyway, like the much requested firefighters that I only had to call once so far, and then they just stood there doing nothing while my sims had to put out the fire themselves.

I'd rather have a freelance burglar career where a client hires you to steal a certain object from a certain household, so you go there and have to figure out how to do it. That would be a lot of fun, and those who get triggered by burglars could just ignore it.