Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Y’all, the patch didn’t fix ANY of the DHD bugs smh!

ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
What in the world?!

Why am I still seeing gigs for additions when Sims live in apartments?! A Guru addressed the bug on Twitter and we had a patch today, so I expected it to be fixed!

Come on, son. I’m rooting for y’all 🙏

Comments

• Options
    HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 323 Member
    I’m disappointed, too. I was hoping that a couple of the bugs just hadn’t been fixed by release but they’d get them sorted right away. I decided to wait to buy the pack until a patch came, and the patch not touching it doesn’t inspire hope that it will be fixed by the next patch.
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I noticed that. It is a real shame.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Yeah I immediately went to the patch notes to see. And .... nada! I'm assuming this will just remain another broken pack.

I don't even want to know what will break with the Cottage Living pack. I have no updated yet, and probably will not until that pack releases.

• Options
    shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 256 Member
    Warning, Do NOT Update. These fools have totally broken the entire UI.
    CAS can not be used as it shows NO UI at all and even the exit is broken.
    I had to use task manager to kill the game to get online to write this message.

EA\Maxis do NOT make us wait a month to get this fixed!!!!
  • Options
    troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    edited June 2021
    Also didn't fix the rummage trash bug that's been out for a year.
    @shorty943p did you empty your mods folder before updating? CAS works for me. The UI is fine. Still can't rummage trash tho
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    To eleunicy.

My LastUIException.txt file tells me what you don't see.

Why is it always MODS with you lot?

To troshalom.

Gameplay is fine, with no game breaking errors, Only in CAS does my game break.
    I have sent a copy of the UI eror file to Maxis.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    What in the world?!

Why am I still seeing gigs for additions when Sims live in apartments?! A Guru addressed the bug on Twitter and we had a patch today, so I expected it to be fixed!

Come on, son. I’m rooting for y’all 🙏

They are aware of it.

Was it in today's patch notes?

It probably is intended for the July patch, if a fix is ready by then. Bug fixes take the time they take.
  • Options
    shadavshadav Posts: 12 New Member
    kind of surprised, this is the first update that didn't seem to break any of my mods....everything so far is working as it should...however the new update did break their own stuff...I turned off the dust in my game because it was annoying, I have 5 butlers and 3 maids and still my house was getting covered in dust and dust bunnies everywhere....now with the new update guess what, even though it's turned off my place is collecting dust and dust bunnies....ug....at least now I can go into build buy mode and delete them all.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    troshalom wrote: »
    Also didn't fix the rummage trash bug that's been out for a year.
    @shorty943p did you empty your mods folder before updating? CAS works for me. The UI is fine. Still can't rummage trash tho

What’s the trash bug?
  • Options
    AmeliaToddAmeliaTodd Posts: 226 Member
    I've come to expect only the bugs that are announced in the laundry list before the patch to be fixed.
  • Options
    Madachan88Madachan88 Posts: 360 Member
    edited June 2021
    @shorty943p The more cas columns and UICheats broke again with the patch update those mods.

• Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    edited June 2021
    May 13th was the last time I updated my game. I've just been too busy to bother with updating my mods twice in a month, to then turn around and do it all over again in July. Especially when the bug fixes don't seem to be working. That gardening one is very annoying because the teams have had 13 months to get it fixed and gardening is still borked. Plus many of the players who bought DHD and Bust the Dust are upset because a bunch of new bugs have cropped up because of those new packs. Not every new bug that is found can be blamed on outdated mods because not every player reporting these bugs uses mods. And it's hit or miss as to when a lot of these bugs get fixed. Permanently fixed. As in we don't see any of them spring up again whenever another update comes along. That is what keeps me from updating more than anything else. We get a fix for one bug then two or three old bugs make a return appearance. Ugh. So even though I'd like to see my Sims participate in the new summer festival event, it does sound as if it'll be a fun new thing to do, I probably won't bother with it. I might update before Cottage Living but even that is not set in stone as of today. If the gardening bug, the DHD bugs and the Bust the Dust bugs are still running around unchecked, I might not update my game until September or October. I didn't buy DHD and I disabled Bust the Dust, so those bugs aren't a nuisance, but not fixing those as well as the gardening bug is like a joke without a punchline. I don't get it. I do not understand why the teams made the effort to create a limited time event when the game is teetering like a Jenga tower ready to collapse.
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    I have low expectations, but I was still surprised that they didn't address any of the DHD bugs. I intended to get that pack and finally update, but I'm still sitting here without bunkbeds in my game... Why has the quality been so poor this year?
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited June 2021
    It really feels like even more than usual they're completely ignoring the issues with this pack. They've just pushed out one thing after the other since like it never happened and isn't completely broken, and there's been no acknowledgement of any of the bugs (despite them literally being visible in the developer livestream). This stuff should've been given a hot fix within two weeks, instead it seems destined to be Dine Out 2.0 🤷

It's really disappointing because this theme of completely broken content coming out and not being fixed for months seems to just be getting worse rather than better at the moment... Everything they add is completely broken now and it's getting so ridiculous. I'm sure Cottage Living will be totally broken and won't work until 2022 and these new family activities will be totally broken as well.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    EA/Maxis are poor at fixing their games even if there were no mods. EA/Maxis has lost control of their own product but yet continue to make new packs and If EA/Maxis wish to assume control of their product stop making new packs and take the time to fix the game as much as they can. Players please disengage all mods from game to determine if the patches actually work. I do not use them for one of those reasons I do not use mods.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    haneul wrote: »
    I have low expectations, but I was still surprised that they didn't address any of the DHD bugs. I intended to get that pack and finally update, but I'm still sitting here without bunkbeds in my game... Why has the quality been so poor this year?

Because they are pushing all these packs out and not fixing most of the bugs that do exist. as they push out those packs it becomes harder to fix the game being the coding does increase in size.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    To be fair it wasn’t mentioned anywhere in the laundry list and those seem to be basically all they fix in most patches. Might be one or two things added but not much. Unfortunate for sure but I honestly wasn’t thinking they’d be fixed yet.
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    This is why I don't buy packs early if I do buy them - because they're 99% likely to be bugged for months. I'm not gonna buy full price for a defective product.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

Because they are pushing all these packs out and not fixing most of the bugs that do exist. as they push out those packs it becomes harder to fix the game being the coding does increase in size.

Obviously, but I wonder if anything unusual is going on because these products are unusually broken on launch. Bust the Dust and DHD released incredibly broken with common sense errors in them. Bugs are normal, especially for this game, but the amount and severity recently has been a lot. It's been super sloppy like the whole 32-bit for chairs...
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    shorty943p wrote: »
    Warning, Do NOT Update. These fools have totally broken the entire UI.
    CAS can not be used as it shows NO UI at all and even the exit is broken.
    I had to use task manager to kill the game to get online to write this message.

EA\Maxis do NOT make us wait a month to get this fixed!!!!

You have outdated mods. Instead of blaming EA you need to realize that it's your responsibility to take care of removing mods. They are not responsible for anything to do with mods. The mod that is causing it is either UI Cheats extension, More CAS columns, or the color sliders for clothes by pancake1. I had same issue and can't remember which one was causing it.
  • Options
    Removed more Cas columns, don't use UI cheats extension, never heard of colour sliders by pancake 1. Still CAS is dead.

Any more bright ideas?
    And yes I realise the bleeding obvious, but when all else has been eliminated the only thing left is "IT IS BAD CODE" in this latest update!

This last section of the UI Last Exception file says it IS bad EA code to me.

<report><version>2</version><sessionid>79648d2dff93262d60dc6887</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2021-06-30 12:59:23</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.76.81.1020-1.300.000.128.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>(AS)widgets.CAS.controls::CASSimSelectorCellView</categoryid><desyncid>79648d2dff93262d60dc6887</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>TypeError: Error #1006: AnyExpeditedSimState is not a function. at widgets.CAS.controls::CASSimSelectorCellView/UpdateTooltips() at olympus.views::CellView/Draw() at olympus.layout::GridLayout/OnFeedAdd() at olympus.data::ArrayDataFeed/AddItemsFromIterable() at olympus.data::ArrayDataFeed/AddItemsFromIterable() at widgets.CAS.SimSelector::CASSimSelectorMain/HandleRefreshSimIcons() at olympus.io::CommunicationObject/Dispatch() at olympus.io::CommunicationManager/SendUIMessage() at olympus.io::CommunicationManager/CallGameService() at olympus.core.widget::WidgetBase/Initialize() at olympus.core::LayoutManager/LoadWidgetCompleteHandler() rtim=54301 ClientInfo isn't here</desyncdata></report>
    <report><version>2</version><sessionid>79648d2dff93262d60dc6887</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2021-06-30 12:59:23</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.76.81.1020-1.300.000.128.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>(AS)widgets.CAS.SimSelector::CASSimSelectorMain</categoryid><desyncid>79648d2dff93262d60dc6887</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>TypeError: Error #1006: AnyExpeditedSimState is not a function. at widgets.CAS.SimSelector::CASSimSelectorMain/UpdateAddSimButton() at widgets.CAS.SimSelector::CASSimSelectorMain/HandleRefreshSimIcons() at olympus.io::CommunicationObject/Dispatch() at olympus.io::CommunicationManager/SendUIMessage() at olympus.io::CommunicationManager/CallGameService() at olympus.core.widget::WidgetBase/Initialize() at olympus.core::LayoutManager/LoadWidgetCompleteHandler() rtim=54301 ClientInfo isn't here</desyncdata></report>
    <report><version>2</version><sessionid>79648d2dff93262d60dc6887</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2021-06-30 12:59:24</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.76.81.1020-1.300.000.128.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>(AS)widgets.CAS.SimSelector::CASSimSelectorMain</categoryid><desyncid>79648d2dff93262d60dc6887</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>TypeError: Error #1006: AnyExpeditedSimState is not a function. at widgets.CAS.SimSelector::CASSimSelectorMain/UpdateAddSimButton() at widgets.CAS.SimSelector::CASSimSelectorMain/OnHideGeneticsPanel() at olympus.io::CommunicationObject/Dispatch() at olympus.io::CommunicationManager/SendUIMessage() at olympus.io::CommunicationManager/SendUIMessage() at olympus.core.widget::WidgetBase/Initialize() at olympus.core::LayoutManager/LoadWidgetCompleteHandler() rtim=54334 ClientInfo isn't here</desyncdata></report>
    </root>

Have fun all, I give up and am going to virtual reality to do a gig.
    Yes I work as a guitarist and singer in a real simulator mostly.
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    All else has been eliminated only when you have removed ALL mods and still get the issue. Remove ALL of them and if it's still occurring try a repair.
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Removed more Cas columns, don't use UI cheats extension, never heard of colour sliders by pancake 1. Still CAS is dead.

Check if you have mods that increase the number of Clubs Sims can join.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited June 2021
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

Obviously, but I wonder if anything unusual is going on because these products are unusually broken on launch. Bust the Dust and DHD released incredibly broken with common sense errors in them. Bugs are normal, especially for this game, but the amount and severity recently has been a lot. It's been super sloppy like the whole 32-bit for chairs...

Problems with communication maybe, they have a large QA department in Hyderabad, India according to their credits. And India is not doing well right now.