Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you use mods?

Comments

• Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Yes. sometimes.
    Discovered some time ago what lots of folks here have been saying, MCCC is an essential. Not used any others. Yet.
  • Options
    WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    Absolutely! Mod the world!!!!
    Of all the mods I have, with the exception of MCCC and Wonderful Whims, the bulk are either food related or crops created by Icemunmun. I just love having a wide variety of foods for my sims and vegetarian sims to eat.
  • Options
    L00NYL0V3L00NYL0V3 Posts: 66 Member
    No. But I've considered and am curious.
    I've branched out into making my own custom content, and I'd really like to try some mods, but I'm hesitant for a variety of reasons, including fear of messing up my game. I only *really* started playing TS4 last year, so there's a lot I'm not sure of.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Yes. sometimes.
    A few small 'fixes' is all I use - Zero's no route events for the dust pack, Little Miss Sam's no animation for shoe removal (cos that animation is WAY too annoying lol) and MCCC - but this I only use to stop relationship decay for my rotation, nothing else. I wish there was a small mod just for that somewhere.
  • Options
    CareyEve36CareyEve36 Posts: 287 Member
    Yes. sometimes.
    I just use mc command for now, I tried using wicked woohoo but I found it glitched my game so I uninstalled it and haven't used it since. Was thinking about trying out a slice of life!
  • Options
    jjayfrogsjjayfrogs Posts: 4 New Member
    i love sims so much and i’ve played it so much that sometimes just the base game is a bit boring after a while. i think cc and mods add a lot more stuff and can make gameplay and also cas a lot more fun. i also like seeing the mods and cc people come up with. theres so many talented people. recently ive been enjoying decor cc ! i do find myself moving in between no mods and mods. it just depends on how i feel.
  • Options
    notasmokealarm09notasmokealarm09 Posts: 240 Member
    Yarp. I need mods.

EA story progression is kinda trash, so I use MCCC. Without mods, Sims don't reproduce and my worlds stagnate and die off. I also use Slice of Life to add a little spice to my game. Sims become more lifelike with it. I'm always open to considering other mods to add. I tried Wonderful Whims (NOT the dirty one), but couldn't get it to work right. Loved the attraction system, but it was causing my already paired off couples to break up, which was messing with my stories. :P
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I only use one mod: MCCC. On the other hand I literally consider the game unplayable without it because the default game is just badly coded.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    RipleyrawrRipleyrawr Posts: 273 Member
    Yes. This game is simply not playable to me without mods.

That goes for TS3 as well.
    iBVfjxN.gif
    Breadquanda is my spirit animal.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Yes. sometimes.
    I rely on mods, to make things how they should have been.
    And I have the essentials to make my game more customer to me.

For Realm of Magic
    Mods for more spells that I wanted Weather Spells, Turning sims into Vampires
    Mods for magic to work how I wanted, and rename them to what I wanted.

for other packs I have Add ons, expanding the variety of Build/buy content, Windows and doors for high medium and low wall heights.
    Map Overrides.
    Trait exclusive interactions
    Good and Evil just got more interesting now that I can have sims threaten other sims.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    PlatinumblondePlatinumblonde Posts: 28 Member
    A big yes!!!
    Mostly cosmetics, clothing, shoes, hairstyles, walls, floors and objects.
    I do have a number of script mods also but only the bear minimum as it is a pain in the butt to get them quickly updated after each patch.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    SimsAddict_244SimsAddict_244 Posts: 274 Member
    Absolutely Not! I don't need mods to have fun in the game.
    Not for Sims 4. If I ever decide to use mods, it would be because of another Island Paradise type pack, which I'm pretty sure will not happen anytime soon. I generally prefer playing as is, plus I'm not comfortable messing with game files.
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Can't play without mods.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    No. But I've considered and am curious.
    I once used MCCC, but I generally don't like having to update every mod every month and worrying about what might suddenly no longer work, so I've gone back to not using mods. Some of them look quite fun, but I don't like messing with game files.
  • Options
    mitchiebanjomitchiebanjo Posts: 172 Member
    Yes. sometimes.
    Yes. I have both 2 and 3 modded so even though I think 4 is playable without mods it's more fun with. I have seen sims poop, eat, and sleep so why do I want to see it again? I prefer watching them interact, create, and play.
  • Options
    CattyBetsyCattyBetsy Posts: 62 Member
    Yes. sometimes.
    I recently deleted them all except UI Xtension, and I'm actually having fun...minus the DHD bug of getting up EVERY night to look at my diner table. Never thought 4 wooden legs and a glass top would make some1 that obsessed !
  • Options
    xjosephinexxjosephinex Posts: 39 Member
    I definitely couldn’t play without mods
    origin id - victimizedharry
  • Options
    BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    I wouldn't be playing without mods
  • Options
    SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited June 2021
    Console: Yes, I would try some of them.
    @NightlyCoffee Sorry, I thought my reply to your comment about your mods posted earlier...but I forgot to post it at all until now : P

It's cool all of the mods and things you have installed. As a fellow story-telling sort I understand the desire to want as much 'control' over certain elements of the game as is possible where necessary, and also story progression. I'm a console player, but one thing you mentioned that does bug me is the random townies dropping in on conversations all of the time. It's a bit annoying when I'm doing screenshots or something and some randomer turns up wanting a chat. (Apparently I make my Sims just as asocial as I am IRL...) I have to keep chasing them off.

Out of all the mods, one of the ones that does interest me a lot other than MCCC is the Untamed Magic is Untamed one where the spells are more destructive. Also I believe there is another dark magic mod of sorts that looks pretty fun.
    they/them or she/her
  • Options
    SkyrryxSkyrryx Posts: 201 Member
    I have 12,1 go in my mods folder, but only four mods (1,87 go): more CAS columns by Weerbesu, whim overhaul by Bienchens, visibles needs by Zero and nomosaic by Moxiemason (just because I use Vanilla skin default replacement by Lumia, I like the more detailing body and aging but still maxis match). The rest is CC: 1,49 go for CAS in clothes and accessories, body and facial hairs, eyebrows, teeth, mermaids tails, tops ans scales, other occults (plantsims, zombies skintones), etc. and 8,74 go in hairs only.
    Thank you @83bienchen for modding the game. Whims Overhaul is essential for my gameplay.
  • Options
    SimmzSimmz Posts: 72 Member
    Yes. sometimes.
    Currently using MCC to fix an issue with townies. My game has a glitch that causes random townies (and sometimes playable characters) to walk around either bald, half-dressed, or just in their underwear. Sometimes they're unlucky enough to be bald and naked. :D:|
  • Options
    Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    edited June 2021
    Yep. I've been using mods since TS2 but this is the first game where I feel like I actually....need them. And not just mods, but custom content as well. My game is overflowing with all of it. And...surprisingly enough, despite having enough mods to make a completely new game, keeping them up to date has been mostly painless. Most of the ones I need the most are made by creators who are constantly updating. I've got so many mods, my TS4 might as well be considered a completely different game.

TS4 just has...such an amazing modding community. If it wasn't for them, I would have jumped ship and became an exclusively TS2 (sometimes TS3) player a long time ago.

MCCC. On the other hand I literally consider the game unplayable without it because the default game is just badly coded.

This too....All of this.

Mods and CC can also be REALLY good money savers. I'm way less inclined to buy certain packs when they're things that modders have already give us or things that they give us better versions of. Especially when it comes to stuff packs and kits. This is the only iteration of the sims where I don't feel compelled to have every pack. I'm perfectly fine with skipping some now.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    Yes. sometimes.
    I've been using mods since the sims 2 era. But with the frequent mod breaking updates, I try to limit the amount of mods and prefer mod creators known for updating their mods.

I only have one 'big' mod, mccc. For the rest I use small mods to adres a specific issue. For example tweak the potion of plentiful needs, unlock pointy ears for all sims,... I won't use big mods that overhaul entire systems because I am afraid an update might mess them up. I don't want a corrupt save.

I think I am actually somewhere between options one and two. I use mods pretty much constantly but I stay away from mods that fit into the 'mod the world' category.
  • Options
    djacquelynstewdjacquelynstew Posts: 641 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I love mods. I have been removing a bunch of my mods lately, though. I wanna get it to where I only use mods when absolutely necessary. My game runs better this way plus less stress having to update them when game updates occur.

I am starting to adopt this feeling as well. My game does run well with the mods but I DO HATE having to have to uninstall and wait for/if the mods get updated, every single time there is a new release/patch. That being said, I could never ever go without, the following mod: UI extension (I think that's the name of it) MCCC, and Lil Miss Sams (and she has a lot that I use actually). I recently went back to installing a couple of pieces of CC, but might restart and do without the CC. This I can live without, but I truly wish EA gave more jewelry/shoes options.