Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The sims 4 Cottage Living Negativity thread.

Comments

• Options
    scoed1227scoed1227 Posts: 145 Member
    There will be no new careers. That is my official complaint.

This thread isn't up to the usual level of negativity. Where's the pitchforks? Only 10 pages? This is the smallest such thread in a while for being announced over a week ago.
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited June 2021
    scoed1227 wrote: »

This thread isn't up to the usual level of negativity. Where's the pitchforks? Only 10 pages? This is the smallest such thread in a while for being announced over a week ago.
    Pitchforks?! 😂😂😂.

I have to say the pack itself is a great concept. The world looks stunning. I do like the cows and llamas. I just don’t think there’s enough to grab me straightaways.

I don’t like the fact there’s not many lots and some will already be filled. I would’ve liked a farmer career.

How helpful are these bunnies 🐰 going to be? I could see them popping constantly getting annoying. It could be like Donkey from Shrek, pick me, oh pick me! 🙄🤦🏼‍♂️.

I wouldn’t like them funding high value items if they can dig like the dust bunnies 🐰.
    Can you follow them them through the tree trunk they go in? Are they tied only to the new world like the plants in StrangerVille? Will they fill a slot like a cat or dog if you invite them to move in?

How interactive is Mrs. Crumplebottom going to be? Can you move her in? Will another Sim take her place? I would love her to teach my Sim purse smacking!
    I think though, she is going to be like Sims 2 and not playable but just shows up.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    shailaputriishailaputrii Posts: 64 Member
    Akl500P wrote: »
    My only currently concern is that it’ll be locked to the new world.

WHAT??????????
  • Options
    jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    Andrew Wilson said : "aggressive plans around The Sims"

Bonus content is a good way to encourage the addicted players to purchase a pack before the sales.

I'll either be waiting for a sale or buying it via cdkeys or similar. No more full price for me, the packs aren't worth the full price, it's getting to the point they barely work without mods to fix them!

• Options
    scoed1227scoed1227 Posts: 145 Member

Pitchforks?! 😂😂😂.

I have to say the pack itself is a great concept. The world looks stunning. I do like the cows and llamas. I just don’t think there’s enough to grab me straightaways.

I don’t like the fact there’s not many lots and some will already be filled. I would’ve liked a farmer career.

How helpful are these bunnies 🐰 going to be? I could see them popping constantly getting annoying. It could be like Donkey from Shrek, pick me, oh pick me! 🙄🤦🏼‍♂️.

I wouldn’t like them funding high value items if they can dig like the dust bunnies 🐰.
    Can you follow them them through the tree trunk they go in? Are they tied only to the new world like the plants in StrangerVille? Will they fill a slot like a cat or dog if you invite them to move in?

How interactive is Mrs. Crumplebottom going to be? Can you move her in? Will another Sim take her place? I would love her to teach my Sim purse smacking!
    I think though, she is going to be like Sims 2 and not playable but just shows up.

Bunnies cannot join your household but you can put an object that makes it so they hang at your lot more. They are tied to the new world until you befriend them, then you can place an object to have them hang out at your lot in any world. Same with the birds.foxes can also be befriended but are not like foxes in Cats and Dogs. They are like the bunnies and birds. They are not pets as they require no maintenance nor can they join you household. Rewards are supposedly tied to gardening somehow not like the dust bunnies. They only sorta move in. Crumplebottom purse smacking is a interaction available only to them. Very little else is known except they are immortal and they have a fruit stand and they will not invade your home to smack you. I answered you questions if the information is known.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member

Bonus content is a good way to encourage the addicted players to purchase a pack before the sales.
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I usually try to avoid negativity threads but this issue deserves to be mentioned here. Tcuhr8d.png
    This makes me more angry than the kit cash grabs. Urging people to buy before a certain date... . Disgusting. Too bad because the bike looks cute. :'(

Exactly, it is an shiny or even an carrot that they dangle hoping like you said buy it early before it is released.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options

Some gave up on Sims 4 and stepped aside maybe.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options

Pitchforks?! 😂😂😂.

That is true the world looks stunning, it is an great concept but everything else is like the other other packs, small neighborhoods with static lots and lot of stuff and fluff for that is all these packs now contain. I do like it but I want something that EA/Maxis is not giving and no shinies will keep my eye off the prize I seek.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I guess my only real complaint is the animals being connected to objects. The cow sheds for instance are rather large and I feel it could be quite limiting in how many farm animals our sims can own.
  • Options
    SimSpockSimSpock Posts: 273 Member

I think that a lot of people are giving up.
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited June 2021
    Bunnies cannot join your household but you can put an object that makes it so they hang at your lot more. They are tied to the new world until you befriend them, then you can place an object to have them hang out at your lot in any world. Same with the birds.foxes can also be befriended but are not like foxes in Cats and Dogs. They are like the bunnies and birds. They are not pets as they require no maintenance nor can they join you household. Rewards are supposedly tied to gardening somehow not like the dust bunnies. They only sorta move in. Crumplebottom purse smacking is a interaction available only to them. Very little else is known except they are immortal and they have a fruit stand and they will not invade your home to smack you. I answered you questions if the information is known.

Thanks for answering 😎.
    I’m glad the animals don’t become part of the household. I think that would be more manageable. And if it’s placing an object then it means not every house you load. The only problem is if you want more animals then you place have to place more objects.

It’s a shame the purse whacking is restricted though. 😭.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Bonuses for early ordering is all just to get us to buy before people have had a chance to review properly or worry about the bugs.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,192 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

I usually try to avoid negativity threads but this issue deserves to be mentioned here. Tcuhr8d.png
    This makes me more angry than the kit cash grabs. Urging people to buy before a certain date... . Disgusting. Too bad because the bike looks cute. :'(

Exactly, it is an shiny or even an carrot that they dangle hoping like you said buy it early before it is released.

To be fair this has more positive than the previous pack.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,907 Member
    edited June 2021
    Loanet wrote: »
    Bonuses for early ordering is all just to get us to buy before people have had a chance to review properly or worry about the bugs.

I mean, what's the point in worrying about the bugs? We know the pack will have them, we know that some will be fixed quickly, some will be fixed eventually, and some will never be fixed. It's the same story with every pack. Almost every pack I've bought-- and I've bought all of them, except DHD and maybe two of the stuff packs-- has had some issues that are annoying, but none of them have ever broken my game entirely.

That being said, I do usually like to wait to purchase to see what the bugs are, but in this case, I loved the concept as a whole, wanted to convey that message, and wanted the bonus items, so I preordered. YMMV. All the same, I will still probably wait a few weeks to play, even though I'm excited about this pack, mostly because the actual release date is at a very busy time for me. (If it had dropped this month, I probably would have taken a chance on the bugs.)
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

To be fair this has more positive than the previous pack.

Another hit and miss for me as it only has stuff and fluff and one pack is not going to bring Sims 4 to its potential for me for me to run out to get it. But I agree with you on it being more positive than the super SP.
  • Options
    Amapola76 wrote: »

I mean, what's the point in worrying about the bugs? We know the pack will have them, we know that some will be fixed quickly, some will be fixed eventually, and some will never be fixed. It's the same story with every pack. Almost every pack I've bought-- and I've bought all of them, except DHD and maybe two of the stuff packs-- has had some issues that are annoying, but none of them have ever broken my game entirely.

That being said, I do usually like to wait to purchase to see what the bugs are, but in this case, I loved the concept as a whole, wanted to convey that message, and wanted the bonus items, so I preordered. YMMV. All the same, I will still probably wait a few weeks to play, even though I'm excited about this pack, mostly because the actual release date is at a very busy time for me. (If it had dropped this month, I probably would have taken a chance on the bugs.)

That may be true for you, but you only can speak for yourself so in essence what you posted is subjective.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

Technically they're not "early order" bonuses -- you've got till September 2nd so that's about 6 weeks of watching videos, reading bug threads and seeing what mods take advantage of the new features. B)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    edited June 2021
    SimSpock wrote: »

I think you're right and I think there are numerous reasons we could consider for why.

Like that: the game is pretty old at this point and instead of injecting life into the game, new packs seem to increasingly inject more disappointment with the amount of bugs and the worsening monetization strategies; there is not much to talk about other than that despite the increased ire, certain things are getting undeniably worse; if you really liked the game before, you'll prob continue to like it, but if you had problems, not a lot has improved (like yay likes and dislikes and sentiments, it's something, but it's contrasted against the relentlessly mediocre pack releases).

I can personally say that the Kit Packs 6 years in or whatever time it was mutilated what little flagging interest I had left in this game and I have not found the motivation to mod or play it much at all since. I feel like I should have seen it coming, but even if I had, idk, I might have still found it uniquely galling. It's not the first time I've had problems with the way this game has handled monetization (remembering that BS where stuff was, maybe still is? way overpriced in some countries), so I think it was kind of a last straw type of thing. All they had to do was do a few more years of the same overpriced model people were used to of 3 different types of DLC, but they wanted more. Always more. Can't even manage a pack release without major bugs, but they can add more packs.

I have to wonder how many staff who worked on this game over the years have straight up burned out on the bugs and content churn. Can't imagine it's motivating to deal with from their end either.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member

Farming is a pretty highly wanted theme for a lot of people, so honestly even if they did farming absolutely terribly and it was the worst pack yet people would still be more positive than usual. In my opinion it does looks like a pretty terrible execution of farming (no pigs, horses or tractors, animals locked to objects, the world lacks country charm and just looks like Windenburg x Britechester 2.0 and it's a tiny world with barely any lots again). I think this thread will definitely grow when it comes out and the hype dies down and people realise how shallow it is...

The farming mod looks more fun, and better executed, so personally if I want farms I'll save myself the money and download that instead 🤷

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kV8pGHfqCkE&ab_channel=Arnie-TheSimsPlus
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    SimSpock wrote: »

Exactly this. What is the point for fighting for a game 7 years down the line that continues to disappoint 85% of its fan base?

Pass. I have better things to do. If I didn’t talk to people on this site about other subjects that are not the sims, I doubt I would be here at all. This iteration of The Sims literally offers me nothing. It makes me feel… nothing.

Still, yay for TS2 sun forum! I check that a lot for inspiration.

—T
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,875 Member
    Onverser wrote: »

The farming mod looks more fun, and better executed, so personally if I want farms I'll save myself the money and download that instead 🤷

I really want to try this mod. It releases today for Patreon supporters. Not sure of the release date to the general public.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Haven't really posted because I'm just kind of done with the Sims 4 right now. Been playing YGO. But I thought I'd voice by biggest complaint with the animals being objects.

One of the biggest perks of owning animals is that you can see them grow over time. You nurture them, just like any member of the family. Buying a fully-adult cow or llama isn't nearly as fun or immersive. They don't grow with the family. Chickens, at least, are breedable and can age up.

On the plus side, I found a baby bunny in our yard. I think I'm starting to bond with him, since he's not afraid to get close to me or eat with me hanging around.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    Haven't really posted because I'm just kind of done with the Sims 4 right now. Been playing YGO. But I thought I'd voice by biggest complaint with the animals being objects.

One of the biggest perks of owning animals is that you can see them grow over time. You nurture them, just like any member of the family. Buying a fully-adult cow or llama isn't nearly as fun or immersive. They don't grow with the family. Chickens, at least, are breedable and can age up.

On the plus side, I found a baby bunny in our yard. I think I'm starting to bond with him, since he's not afraid to get close to me or eat with me hanging around.

Are you sure it's not a baby dragon?
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited June 2021
    I haven't posted because I've given up on Sims 4. I tried to play it, but after coming from Sims 3, it's impossible. I know usually people say the reverse, but wow Sims 4 has issues that are just unacceptable to me which aren't present in Sims 3. Last time I tried to play, I couldn't get my sim to do what I told her to do half the time, and the other half I couldn't get her to drop the action I wanted her to drop. That's a slight exaggeration, but only slight. It's just too frustrating. Add to it simulation lag, and I'd just rather go to a game where what I have queued up actually will be done but can also be cancelled even if already started, where they don't walk through each other or through furniture, where they chat while eating without it taking 3x as long to finish the meal, etc.

The farming theme does look cute. But I've tossed so much money to EA only to be disappointed repeatedly. I would be surprised if the gamepack features more repetitive gameplay that will have people complaining or looking for more gameplay in a couple of weeks tops.

Edit: Sims 3, modded, runs like a charm on my machine. Modern hardware with mods like overwatch take care of most of the technical issues with the game.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Onverser wrote: »

Farming is a pretty highly wanted theme for a lot of people, so honestly even if they did farming absolutely terribly and it was the worst pack yet people would still be more positive than usual. In my opinion it does looks like a pretty terrible execution of farming (no pigs, horses or tractors, animals locked to objects, the world lacks country charm and just looks like Windenburg x Britechester 2.0 and it's a tiny world with barely any lots again). I think this thread will definitely grow when it comes out and the hype dies down and people realise how shallow it is...

No offence, but this is another mod that will crach your game, and it probably won't be updated after Cottage Living is released with official farm tools. Of course it depends how good the farming is in Cottage Living.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top