Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How much money did you spend on The Sims 4?

I spent this much:

Base game + Luxury Party stuff + Perfect Patio stuff + Holiday stuff = $20.00 (Target-exclusive edition)
Seasons expansion pack = $20 (paid with free Amazon gift cards, earned through Bing Rewards)
Get To Work expansion pack = $20 (paid with free Amazon gift cards, earned through Bing Rewards)
Laundry Day stuff pack = $5 (paid with free Amazon gift cards, earned through Bing Rewards)
Bust the Dust kit = $5 (paid with leftover money on my EA Wallet)
Get Together = $20 - $5 = $15 (EA's discounted price further discounted by a free $5 Amazon gift card earned through Bing Rewards, paid the rest with own money)
Parenthood = $15 (EA's discounted price, paid with own money)

Comments

• Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    edited June 2021
    I spent a lot more than that….. lol! I don’t wait for sales often, usually get packs within a week or two. But, I am careful with the way I spend my money on most things in my life. I do splurge on my sims though.
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • Options
    Hauk150Hauk150 Posts: 358 Member
    Lol, I don’t know, i try to not much, I like to buy DLC’s when they are on sale :)
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    I try not to think about the cost. Been playing the Sims since day one and it's a little late to worry about how much it cost.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Motherlode, baby! :D:p
  • Options
    bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member
    way too much
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,929 Member
    The amount I decided to pay for it. No regrets.
    I still do not have all the packs. But that has nothing to do with how much they cost.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited June 2021
    Well... I mean... I think the amount I’ve spent is... the total? Well... when you calibrate currency... always watch for sales and totally not hooked by trailers... not being enticed by CAS or build items and always being logical in purchases... well the total would be...

Oh my phone is ringing! Gotta go.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    So far, whatever the cost is of everything minus Batu (still don't know how to spell that, still don't care), and the kit with just the clothes in it. Although, I do sometimes buy expansions early on sale from CD keys.

Now wondering what I've spent in total for all sims games? Been playing for 21 years now, so I'm sure it's an absurd amount.
  • Options
    dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    Don’t make me cry
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    I don’t even want to think about it 😂
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Well... I mean... I think the amount I’ve spent is... the total? Well... when you calibrate currency... always watch for sales and totally not hooked by trailers... not being enticed by CAS or build items and always being logical in purchases... well the total would be...

Oh my phone is ringing! Gotta go.

:D:D Exactly!!
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    SimtaniumSimtanium Posts: 256 Member
    edited June 2021
    Like your username, my eyes would be watery if I calculated it.

£85 (physical) Collector's Edition Base Game
    10x EPs at £34.99 each (£349.90)
    10x GPs at £17.99 each (£179.90)
    18x SPS at £7.99 each (143.82)
    4x Kits at £4.99 each (£19.96)
    =£778.58 (plus I bought a few packs as gifts/giveaways over the years) :flushed:

To be fair, that's over 8 years (2014-2021) and I don't spend much money on eating out/cinemas/streaming services etc. So it's an interest I enjoy. :blush:
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,929 Member
    edited June 2021
    Anyway I think it as a hobby. As playing it is a hobby to me.

And I can think a lot more hobbies what would cost me a multiple amount of money , than this game ,during past 7 years.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    ZorgaZorga Posts: 614 Member
    edited June 2021
    oh I enjoy stuff like this!
    I'm Australian, so USD will be in brackets.

I have spent $864.52 ($666.33USD) on purchases both full price (mostly the EPs) and sale (mostly the SPs etc).

What interests me *more* is looking at things I purchase in a "Dollars per hours of entertainment" ($/HoE) ratio. When done this way, the Sims becomes insanely cheap! I don't even play Sims very frequently, I play other games and tend to play Sims for a month or so then not play it for a few months, so since release of the first EP I have played 1133 hours (per Origin).

Which means that, $/HoE I have spent 76c (.59cUSD) for each hour of gameplay.

Now, a movie ticket costs $23(~$18) where I live and runs for 1-2.5h, so being generous: that movie on the $/HoE ratio costs $9.20($7.09) -- Super expensive!

Edit: OH! I also spent a bit of money for two realllly good CC content makers on Patreon so its more like $900 but still!
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Too much to have it feel like a bargain, but little enough that I don't feel I wasted my money.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Even though I got everything (except the Bust the Dust) up-to-date & somehow managed to also give my daughter most of the packs. I'm not a heavy gamer. I only like once in a blue moon, playing Sims 3. And I really enjoy my Sims 4 & my Civilization IV. That's about it. ;)
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    Anyway I think it as a hobby. As playing it is a hobby to me.

And I can think a lot more hobbies what would cost me a multiple amount of money , than this game ,during past 7 years.

Yeah, it’s a hobby for me too. There isn’t a lot I do much anymore, my youngest lets me use their Netflix, when my friends and I go to movies ( which I haven’t done in over a year because of the pandemic ), we usually go on senior day. I do enjoy eating out with friends, and family ( also limited because of the pandemic ), but we don’t usually go to fancy restaurants, and there are often lunch specials. I don’t spend a lot on clothes….. I do usually buy most of my clothes on sale. To me, sims is a priority right up there with electricity and water ( two things I hate spending money on, but is inevitable ).
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    The amount I decided to pay for it. No regrets.
    I still do not have all the packs. But that has nothing to do with how much they cost.

I am going to echo this.

I pick up packs that interest me. The price point isn't a concern (although a sale might persuade me, if I am waffling).

I migrated from TS3 when base game was free in 2019. Since then, I don't know, a few hundred bucks? I am not keeping count.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member
    None of your business. 😋
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    It was over the course of some years, I don't worry about it. I've made good use of the gaming computer that I was gifted when I started playing TS4. If I divide it by how much I played it, I got my money's worth so far.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    All of it. Full price, release day purchases for all but Batuu and kits.
  • Options
    AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    Uhh, so I have 8 EP, 2 GP, 6 SP.
    Some of them I bought on sale. Full price is ~$420, so a little less than that.
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    However much is everything at full price lol sims is my luxury gift to myself 😍
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    I've bought everything for full price, except for 'Cats & Dogs' (which I bought at Target for 50% off), 'Eco Lifestyle' (which I bought from Amazon for 50% off), and 'Snowy Escape' (which I got from Best Buy after redeeming reward points).

I haven't bought 'My First Pet' or the cringe worthy Star Wars pack... and don't plan to!

Otherwise, yeah, everything else was full price!
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg