Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When are we finally gonna get cars ??

Comments

• Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Private guess is that it's from the online roots of the game where nearly everything is fake artwork in the distance, rather something solid sims can interact with. Would probably require major rebuilding of the worlds, which they're not likely to do at this point.
  • Options
    FungieFungie Posts: 17 Member
    I love bikes and using them but I also do want cars, or let Sims have public transportation like buses or trains
  • Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Perhaps we're getting them in TS5 Online, lol.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Idk but they’re testing my patience at this point lol
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    edited March 2021
    Same, they’re torturing me ! Boats, Jet-skis, bikes, even freakin’ spaceships and still no cars ??
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Idk but they’re testing my patience at this point lol

• Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited March 2021
    I think cars would have to come as an expansion pack if they ever come at all. It would have to involve a complete new type world with driveable roads or large special lots for car racing zones or something like that.

It's probably too late in the game though and possibly not able to be done in this iteration.

Nissan used the UK Sims Forum to advertise a couple of new cars as a download for us in Sims 2 once though so maybe a car manufacturer could back a pack tie up as Moschino did. I loved the snob effect of having an up-market car in Sims 2 or one that nobody else had.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    I think cars would have to come as an expansion pack if they ever come at all. It would have to involve a complete new type world with driveable roads or large special lots for car racing zones or something like that.

It's probably too late in the game though and possibly not able to be done in this iteration.

Nissan used the UK Sims Forum to advertise a couple of new cars as a download for us in Sims 2 once though so maybe a car manufacturer could back a pack tie up as Moschino did. I loved the snob effect of having an up-market car in Sims 2 or one that nobody else had.

So did Ford and Toyota. I have them in my disk version of the game on an old machine. Very nicely done, too. I vaguely remember one of them doing so with TS3, but I forget which.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Well I’d rather have them as an EP than not at all but I think they should ideally be basegame, as well as garages (well, at least garage doors).
    Then they could add car racing, car dealerships or garages with a mechanics career, new types of cars etc in an EP.

• Options
    Well they’re still torturing us!! I was hoping if we got farming we’d get tractors.....
    And I want cars so bad.....the sims team is torturing me!!!!
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Probably never, there's too many worlds that aren't designed for them. I don't know about anyone else but I don't want to see cars driving on the beaches in Sulani
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    June or July of 2022 when they announce Sims 5. I suspect do the engine of Sims 4 it wouldn't be possible for cars thus the reason also for not fixing baby's.
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited June 2021
    Onverser wrote: »
    Probably never, there's too many worlds that aren't designed for them. I don't know about anyone else but I don't want to see cars driving on the beaches in Sulani
    Yeah, cars in tropical places or the mountain area would be odd.
    Perhaps you’d have to place a car park spot or something to allow the car on the lot.

I don’t have Island Living but do the decorative cars drive around there?
    I’m playing later so I’ll check the mountain. I wasn’t looking last play as I explored the lower neighbourhood with my Sim walking to where the vending machines were. It was gorgeous views.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    So don’t use cars there. There are still plenty of worlds that are designed for cars. Players can move their sims there if that’s the way cars work. It can be totally optional.

I also don’t see why they can’t add flying cars for the places with no roads. This is a quirky game and it could be something you have to buy to use, otherwise you can’t see them flying around.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I do not see it happening as it may be one of those features that will never make it into Sims 4 so EA/Maxis will continue to give me the illusion of cars, bus and trains in the game and what an joke.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    I mean, cars would be nice and all but they're simply not high on my priority lists; they're really only here for immersion's sake and wouldn't actually change the gameplay around all that much. What made cars work in the Sims 3 a lot was that it was integrated very well into the open world nature of it: you can actually see your Sims head to work and take time commuting to there and it's an investment to be a time saver compared to waiting for a car pool, whereas here, they'd teleport to it regardless if they walked to walk or if they suddenly started driving.

They could make a world that integrated use of cars similar to Sims 3 but the problem with that is that it'd be extremely self-contained, so therefore wouldn't integrate well with the rest of the worlds and we know they're not going to change around the pre-existing ones to accommodate it.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • Options
    Lorenerd11Lorenerd11 Posts: 105 Member
    edited June 2021
    We will definitely never get drivable cars, simply because the worlds were not designed for it. We won't ever see a Sim get into a car and drive away, unless the team implements that functionality in specific neighborhoods.

That said, it would still be great to have cars as purchasable, interactable objects that Sims can get inside of, or tinker with.
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited June 2021
    Lorenerd11 wrote: »
    We will definitely never get drivable cars, simply because the worlds were not designed for it. We won't ever see a Sim get into a car and drive away, unless the team implements that functionality in specific neighborhoods.

That said, it would still be great to have cars as purchasable, interactable objects that Sims can get inside of, or tinker with.
    Tinkering with a car was possible in Sims 2 Freetime. Once repaired you had a useable car. I didn’t get Nightlife until I got Sims 2 Double Deluxe, my first disc wore out. I could only buy stuff packs until I started working. So my first experience of cars for my Sims were the hobby ones to fix up.

Maybe they could use that system to start implementing cars in Sims 4. 🤔
    The more you repair the car, you upgrade your lot to be able to use it. Parking space, unlock additional moves and car alarm etc.
    That way players who don’t want cars just don’t place the one to be fixed. Would that work?

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    That's what my Sims 3 is for, to play the cars, have spiral stairs, heartshape bed, color textures/color wheels & the time machine.
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    If a modder with the limited resources can give us a mod for cars and driving cars so can EA with a lot more money and resources to their disposal,
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
    edited June 2021
    Sims 5. They're going to need to give us some incentive to buy it after buying 42 expansion packs for the Sims 4 (estimate by the time they're finished).
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    We were told that we won't be getting cars a long time ago. Now that Senior Producers Michael Duke and Grant have left I doubt if we will get them either. I think the game is winding down towards a new iteration coming out. There has been no notice of their replacements and even SimGuruLyndsay has gone quiet on Twitter and the forums.
    Not once has any Guru ever said no to cars just no to them coming with packs with certain packs like recently asked if they were coming with the Cottage pack in which the Guru said "sorry not this time" not no cars will never come to Sims like they have said with open world and color wheel for clothing and hair.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    SimtaniumSimtanium Posts: 256 Member
    I watched a video by IronSeagull who talked about how they specifically mentioned they know the community wants farming, bunk beds, cars and freed babies last year in a blog post. Well we've gotten two of those things recently, so logic says the other two could follow soon...
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    I didn't mind living without cars til I started playing Sims 3 and now I can have sports cars with custom paint jobs and skins, and even a motorcycle, and that plus the open world where you can go around town instead of teleporting from playable lot to playable lot via loadscreens, really adds to the game. Also in Sims4 the world is mostly false, like stickers you can see but cannot visit. In sims3,you can go around everywhere. It's not fake.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    @Dianesims I hope we never get cars. However, they can bring back that build a car kit - would be great for handy sims. Sims can build cars, trucks, monster trucks, they can have a monster truck rally venue with competitions and other simmers in the world compete - you get to join them and see it. Now that would be cool. But to actually have cars they drive around in like TS2 and TS3 nah - they don't need them in TS4.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited June 2021

Honestly I think it'd be a step up from previous games if vehicles don't need roads to be driven. And probably there could be a ''no cars allowed'' lot trait which would prevent cars from driving on certains lots. :smile:
    Post edited by Jordan061102 on
    Lu4ERme.gif