Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cottage Living Positive Thoughts Thread 🐓

Comments

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Oh....my....god....

Has the Sims team redeemed itself after the horrible packs we've been having? I am living for this EP....it looks like an actual EP for once in EA's life since TS3.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,449 Member
    edited June 2021
    We're getting some kind of grocery delivery service? At least that's what the official EA pack blog says...
  • Options
    dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    The Simple Living Lot Challenge makes cooking cheaper, but it also means recipes depend entirely on what you’ve got in your inventory.

I'm so looking forward to this feature.

Do they mean the cooking sim‘s personal inventory or every inventory on the lot including the fridge? I hope the latter. I never liked how the fridge is always full. I only want to be able to cook dishes when I have all the ingredients.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,928 Member
    Awww.. what a long time to wait!

I love everything in it ! :love:
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    Did everyone see the pond tool? 🐸🐸🐸🐸 I swear.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I love your positive thoughts threads @simgirl1010

That trailer had a lot to take in, so I'm going to give myself a chance to rewatch it a few (hundred) times before I comment properly, l am definitely feeling positive about it though!

The stand out thing for me, was the activities that children could partake in. :smile:

Yea thanks for making these threads!! @simgirl1010 I always drop in when I just wanna vibe😎
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2021
    Positive remarks: Pond tool? Finally!!!
    Kids can cook? Finally! Please
    Kids can embroider? Yay.
    Chicken Farm? Yay.
    Milk Cows..finally! Yay.
    Mrs. Crumplebottom and her purse, YAY
    Festival/Fair/Judging veggies...Nice. I wonder if that is like in CL's festival appearances.
    Pumpkin Patch..YAY.
    Nice representation of cottages..nice.
    Hope world is not just for visiting, and has lots of spaces for cottages for many Sims.
    I won't mention a little too cute for my deviant tastes, but hey, it looks like a better EP than I have seen in a long time.
    Deviant play? I hope the rabbits eat the veggie patches like TS3's zombies. :D
    After reading the blog post, I might get it. I'm very happy Simmers who wanted farming got their dream.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    wormofthebookwormofthebook Posts: 176 Member
    I love the theme for this pack. It look like kids can cook now (and hopefully garden too,EA?), so I’m really excited with more activities for younger sims.
    ldauop39735.png
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    "Henford-on-Bagley is a cozy village where everyone knows everyone. So pack a
    picnic basket and cross-stitch hoop, and head down to The Gnome’s Arms pub
    to kick back with the locals after a long day. Earn unique gifts and learn about the
    town’s lore from neighbors, or participate in the Finchwick Fair to show off your
    most prized cow or chicken."

Here's hoping there are some weird and wonderful premade sims.
  • Options
    GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    Oh wow, this thread is growing too fast for me to keep up!

I just wanted to add that I can't wait to grow pumpkins for Halloween!

Oooh! Exciting!
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    I do hope we have some decent lot sizes in this town, too. If not, I'll just have to remake one of the other Worlds to suit 18th century Commonwealth of Virginia. I can make that happen. I'm willing to get the 'setting' right for my story-telling of my ancestors.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Starfree wrote: »
    We're getting some kind of grocery delivery service? At least that's what the official EA pack blog says...

It also looked like there was a grocery store in the village centre (near the market veg stall).
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I have to get busy on the last leg of my yard makeover project but I just wanted to pop in and say it thrills me to no end to see a positive thoughts thread absolutely on fire. This pack looks stunning and if the trailer wasn’t enough the blog post makes it sound even better!
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    calaprfy wrote: »
    "Henford-on-Bagley is a cozy village where everyone knows everyone. So pack a
    picnic basket and cross-stitch hoop, and head down to The Gnome’s Arms pub
    to kick back with the locals after a long day. Earn unique gifts and learn about the
    town’s lore from neighbors, or participate in the Finchwick Fair to show off your
    most prized cow or chicken."

Here's hoping there are some weird and wonderful premade sims.

Well, we already have seen Mrs. Crumplebotton. She's a tad quirky, or at least she was in Sims2. Plus, we saw her wielding her purse, same as ever. No public displays of affection! That's her mantra. LOL Oh, I'm too excited to think. Interesting that some thought the next EP was Country Living. Close, but they mistook cottage for country. Either way this looks great. I can hardly contain myself.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Did everyone see the pond tool? ❤️❤️❤️❤️ I swear.

Yup and there's also swimming in the pond and a new fishing sign that you can plunk down so you can fish in it too.

I'm dying inside! Dying! I can finally get rid of all my stupid fake pool ponds and make some real ones that actually serve a function. Squeeeeee!
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

I really like this recent trend of having builder GCers making lots for new packs -- less remodeling work for me to do. :D (At least I've still got a few BG houses for my interior decorator to refurbish!)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Positive remarks: Pond tool? Finally!!!
    Kids can cook? Finally! Please
    Kids can embroider? Yay.
    Chicken Farm? Yay.
    Milk Cows..finally! Yay.
    Mrs. Crumplebottom and her purse, YAY
    Festival/Fair/Judging veggies...Nice. I wonder if that is like in CL's festival appearances.
    Pumpkin Patch..YAY.
    Nice representation of cottages..nice.
    Hope world is not just for visiting, and has lots of spaces for cottages for many Sims.
    I won't mention a little too cute for my deviant tastes, but hey, it looks like a better EP than I have seen in a long time.
    Deviant play? I hope the rabbits eat the veggie patches like TS3's zombies. :D

Maybe if instead of befriending them we make them enemies they might destroy our veggie gardens? We can hope.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    This EP actually has me exited...I just can't believe EA would go back to doing actual EP's again. The trailer actually shows a new world and new gameplay for once. And the limited edition items are gorgeous.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Daravi wrote: »
    So how many times have you watched the trailer? :p

5 times. I was checking if children could help with gardening too, at least help watering the plants, like I did when I was a child, but unfortunately no sign of it.

Somebody spotted a toddler with a trowel -- remains to be seen if that's just a toy or if they really can help (at least with watering/weeding; I might hold off on putting in sprinklers on my farm then...) :)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    @stilljustme2 I can't help but think that some mods out there, have influenced this pack, which isn't in any way a bad thing. The flavored milk is something I can have with the mod I use. Depends on just what you feed said cow. Me? I'm old enough to know you don't get chocolate milk out of a brown cow. LOL Milk is milk, and I'll keep it that way in my game. ;)
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Did everyone see the pond tool? ❤️❤️❤️❤️ I swear.

Yup and there's also swimming in the pond and a new fishing sign that you can plunk down so you can fish in it too.

I'm dying inside! Dying! I can finally get rid of all my stupid fake pool ponds and make some real ones that actually serve a function. Squeeeeee!

You're dying inside, I'm trying to keep from crying.
  • Options
    kemowerykemowery Posts: 371 Member
    If we can put swimmable ponds on lots, I'm thrilled. Finally, a reason to have mermaids somewhere other than Sulani.

The animals all look good. I'm hoping we can befriend and adopt rabbits and maybe foxes. I'm also hoping, though I know other people will not want it, that we can get wild rabbits roaming in other worlds. They're an invasive species, after all, but mostly I want sims from non-HOB worlds to be able to play with rabbits.

The combination of the rabbit going into the tree stump, the spiral paths on the hill, and the old ruins makes me think there should be something supernatural here, but judging by the trailer and the blogs, it doesn't look like it. Unless the carrot-looking man at the farmer's market was something. Still, though, the build-buy stuff looks like it will help with making more medieval-style builds.
  • Options
    DrukiDruki Posts: 163 Member

This all looks very British, I love it!

I'm not a country girl myself but my ancestors were proper British farmers for a century or so, might have a go at recreating the family farm!
  • Options
    lexibeelexibee Posts: 163 Member
    Not only are we getting a pond tool but the kid was IN the water!! Can they swim or just stomp around?

It looks like they made sure kids and toddlers finally had some new gameplay/interactions so I'm very happy about that! The gardening looks amazing! I love that you can get milk bottles from the cows! A picnic basket 🥺!!

I see a lot of potential in this pack!! But I'm still trying not to get my hopes up because lately things aren't as great as they seem from the trailers... But fingers crossed! I haven't been excited for a pack in a while now but this looks like it could be as nice as I was hoping a farm pack would be (sans horses unfortunately, but now I think it's safe to think we'll get them in a GP someday...).
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Also did everyone see the jam jar in the screenshot?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    Stardew Valley Challenge ago!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top