Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Six years in The Sims 4, Does the Lack of open world still bothers You?

Comments

• Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Sometimes
    I say sometimes because I get pretty annoyed by the loading screens in the same neighborhood, but I never needed an open world. I also like being able to go between worlds. I just wish it would have open neighborhoods without loading screens.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    No
    Nay. Whenever I go back to playing Sims 3, it's like who cares. It doesn't mean anything in my play.
  • Options
    sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
    Sometimes
    I said sometimes but The Sims 4 worlds just aren't big enough to really immerse yourself into. While I like that you can travel from world to world, the issue for me is that most worlds are so different that things start to look out of place when they all mesh together. For example you have Sims that live in Sulani showing up to a cafe in Newcrest.
  • Options
    IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    No
    Nope. Actually I prefer a closed world. The open world in The Sims 3 caused so many issues.
  • Options
    wormofthebookwormofthebook Posts: 176 Member
    edited June 2021
    Yes
    Yes, I remember getting so excited when TS3 came out with open world and my sims can finally visit their neighbors without loading screens. Going back to loading screens was hard (for both going back to playing TS2 and TS4). I just want my sims to be able to visit next door :( .
    ldauop39735.png
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Yes
    I said sometimes but The Sims 4 worlds just aren't big enough to really immerse yourself into. While I like that you can travel from world to world, the issue for me is that most worlds are so different that things start to look out of place when they all mesh together. For example you have Sims that live in Sulani showing up to a cafe in Newcrest.

This irritates the heck out of me. I hate seeing my sims in communities where they don't live. And I absolutely despise that the world's are so different and I'm just supposed to believe that my sims can travel to different biomes in no time at all. I actually make those world off limits unless they are staying the night more more. But it bothers me to see sims in the background that don't belong there.
  • Options
    WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    No
    I don't enjoy open wordls, they're padded with filler chore. In sims I'm mostly focused on my sims. Random events are what I need, something wild going on here and there.
  • Options
    TheSpotted_CTheSpotted_C Posts: 293 Member
    No
    Also a rotational player and I hated open world so much. I'm still convinced that it caused the majority of my issues with The Sims 3.
    If Sims 4 worlds are "closed," then that's what I like best.
  • Options
    MindofyMindofy Posts: 313 Member
    No
    musteni wrote: »
    Never bothered me, I count it as a plus because it makes rotational play work.

Same.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Sometimes
    Sometimes yes. I wish my neighbors had lives that I could watch so I really hope TS5 has semi-open neighborhoods :)
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    Sometimes
    There are infrequent times when I would like to control multiple sims in different areas of the world.

Other than that, I would be happy if it was just open districts so we could visit next door without a loading screen.

This so much. Plus my sometimes leans a little more heavily to Yes than No. I like rotational play and closed does work better with that IMO. I don't use mods in 4.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    SimtaniumSimtanium Posts: 256 Member
    No
    The closed world doesn't bother me. To be honest, it never really did.
  • Options
    ScarletonScarleton Posts: 55 Member
    Sometimes
    As many have said, it is when the loading screen is in the same neighborhood that I have a problem. Having to load my next door neighbor's house's lot is silly, in my option. It'd be better if the whole neighborhood was loaded and depending on the house that the selected sim is interacting with is the house that is visually open. For example, your sim's home is open and they are let into another's home, while that new home opens, your sim's closes, so you only see the inside of that one. If you go to another sim, whatever plot they're interacting with is open. That way everything is available in one load, just the insides are waiting. The way that they do it just doesn't make sense since we are already closed off. Why can't this one section be load screen-less?
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Sometimes
    @Mstybl95 wrote: »

This irritates the heck out of me. I hate seeing my sims in communities where they don't live. And I absolutely despise that the world's are so different and I'm just supposed to believe that my sims can travel to different biomes in no time at all. I actually make those world off limits unless they are staying the night more more. But it bothers me to see sims in the background that don't belong there.

I would suggest you to get Sim spawn overhaul by Lotharihoe

https://lotharihoe.tumblr.com/post/622921247655919616/sso-sim-spawn-overhaul-download-google-drive

The mod is a total game changer. No more sims from other worlds and if you choose those sims only visit on the community lots. Then use the Language Barriers mod by Frankk. It makes the whole world very immersive with both of this mods.

I hope you can try these mod because it totally changes the game experience. With Language Barriers too sinces sims are locked in their own worlds. You can just Go to Sulani and expect your sim to talk to them without getting embarassed, since sims in Sulani only speak Toki Sulani. This gives you insentive to study the language from different worlds before heading out to travel with 5 level skill for each language. It is good :)
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Yes
    In some aspects an Open Neighborhood has the same attributes as an Open World the only difference I see between them is an World is much bigger than an Neighborhood so there is much more to encompass than an Open Neighborhood. So in reality for me an Open Neighborhood is just as good as an Open Word except it is on an smaller scale..
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    No
    Honestly, it's never really bothered me. I liked it in TS3 but I'm ok with it not being in TS4. The loading screens aren't as annoying as when I first started playing.

I do wish we had at least open neighborhoods. I still find it a bit ridiculous that you have to go through a loading screen to go to a neighbor's apartment in San Myshuno or Evergreen Harbor. But it is what it is.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    No
    It was never essential for me, I actually hated Sims 3 and it's open world style. Giant open worlds just means endless boring, rabbit hole lots and nothing interesting for my Sims to actually do. A lot of my gameplay depends on going to clubs and bars and cafes and such and socializing or causing mischief. And also, the few active lots I did have in Sims 3 had no one in them. Plus, we were stuck on one, single world. It didn't matter how big it was, we were still stuck there in the same, stagnant environment, save for the occasional vacation (or time travel). No thank you. I like Sims 4's style so much better.

I think the only thing I have an issue with though, is that we don't have any neighborhood tools and can't change or alter our neighborhoods, move lots, or switch any of the objects or scenery at all. That's a complete bummer.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,906 Member
    No
    Actually it really doesn't bother me all that much. To be honest, the open world was cool and all but it likely the reason Sims 3 was so unstable.
  • Options
    HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    Sometimes
    I'm more bothered by inability to change anything in the world. From removing/adding some dressing even plants to the possibility of resizing and moving lots.

As for loading screens they are irritating only within one neighborhood. For those, yes, I wish they would be open. When it's about going to another world or another subhood I do not mind at all.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    No
    I am just getting to Generation 4 in my main, legacy save and, counting just descendants and in-laws, have seven played households. In the old, "open world", I'd be crowding out natives of a town to find them all a space. As it is, they are easily spread around across six cities.

I am doubled up, in Oasis Springs, because one Gen 2 kid kept the Old Family Home Place, and his kid & spouse and grandkid moved back there as well. I still see my founders, their three offspring, and their four grandkids around, visiting each other all the time.

Free access to all worlds across as save is, in my played experience, far, far better than either cramming everyone into one world, culling all but one offspring, or splitting into a half-dozen forked saves and losing family connections.
  • Options
    superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    No
    No, I hated open worlds.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • Options
    mewo13mewo13 Posts: 60 Member
    No
    No. What bothers me is how small and limited the worlds are. We can't even create custom worlds anymore, can't place down additional lots, and can't even build multiple lot types in one lot. Want to create a shopping mall with a mix of retail, food and services? TOO BAD.

At this point, EA can release a World Pack and I'll buy it if it means new urban cities to live in or at least a world that isn't America-simulator. I get the game is American but we've only got one Asian world and now two European worlds. Come on.
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    No
    It never has. I have always liked it better this way. At least there are no ghost towns liek in TS3. You arrive in a park and there is nobody around. You go to a bar for your bachelorette's party and there is nobody in there. This could never happen in TS4.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,298 Member
    Sometimes
    Yes and no... I find myself not liking to leave my home lot as much because I hate the loading screen but it doesn't bother me as much as it used to. I think I would be happy in future games with a compromise of open districts.
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    No
    Nope. But then again I only played Sims 3 after playing Sims 4.

I prefer the closed world. only thing I care about is that the neighborhoods have some amenities (kids park, stalls, chess, grill, etc).