Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,971 Member
    I finally went ahead and bought a new desktop! Hopefully it won’t take too long. I’m going to take a break from playing till then. In the meantime, I’ll try something a little different and do some actual story planning, writing stuff down rather than keeping it in my head :D:D What I write now will likely be a draft and the final product that ends up on my thread may not be the same, but the general story will be.
    I’ll still be on here and reading people’s stuff, though!
  • Options
    RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited June 2021
    SnowBnuuy wrote: »
    @RipuAncestor Really random question, did you draw the artwork on the right-hand half of your signature banner? It looks really cool!

@SnowBnuuy Thanks! I drew the characters (they're actually character portraits on The Chrysanthemum Tango -site's character page) and the flowers and edited them together with the star background which is a screenshot I took in-game (TS3). I've just been thinking I should draw a new banner, though, maybe.
    Post edited by RipuAncestor on
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,770 Member
    @RipuAncestor It looks awesome < 333
    they/them or she/her
  • Options
    @RipuAncestor It looks awesome < 333

@SnowBnuuy Thanks! :blush: Your avatar pic is really cute and cool!
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    @RipuAncestor Thank you so much ;-; I can draw animals for the most part but not humans : p I ought to work on that again sometime.

On a general note, I started writing my next SimLit project but I’m not as ‘hooked’ on it as I was with writing the Realm of Magic stuff. It also involves more characters as well so I’m having to figure out how to balance a slightly bigger cast X_X I want to try not to rush it though, so I’ll probably just work on it when I feel like it and not rush to release chapters like I did with the last one.

However I’ve now fallen into the trap of constantly comparing myself to other writers, which I don’t normally do XUX
    Post edited by SnowBnuuy on
    they/them or she/her
  • Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    Happy to announce Generation 1 is complete and will be starting Generation 2 with the people's choice. Thank you again to @CathyTea and @Shadami for the inspiration to do a gameplay blog.

Below is a quick access to Plain ol' Legacy Generation One:

levi_hayward.jpg?w=700

GENERATION 1 (Levi Hayward):
    1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 1.19 1.20 1.21 1.22 1.23 1.24 1.25 1.26 1.27 1.28 1.29 1.30 1.31 1.32 1.33 1.34 1.35 1.36 1.37 1.38 1.39 1.40 1.41 1.42 1.43 1.44 1.45 1.46 1.47 1.48 1.49 1.50 1.51 1.52 1.53 1.54 1.55 1.56 1.57 1.58 1.59 1.60 1.61 1.62 1.63 1.64 1.65 1.66 1.67 1.68 1.69 1.70
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • Options
    @RipuAncestor Thank you so much ;-; I can draw animals for the most part but not humans : p I ought to work on that again sometime.

However I’ve now fallen into the trap of constantly comparing myself to other writers, which I don’t normally do XUX

@SnowBnuuy I'm the other way around; I can draw animals with reference only. Well, maybe cats and super simple cartoon animals are manageable too. I should work on my animal drawings.

I hope you get out of the comparing yourself to others -trap. I quickly checked out the first chapter to one of your stories (Untamed), and it seemed like a lot of fun and solidly written. I hope you keep writing. I should get back to reading other people's stories more. Maybe when I have a break from work... so July.

Also your sig just reminded me that it indeed is Pride Month! Yay! Happy Pride Month to all my fellow LGBTQA+ people, and allies too!
    My Sims stories:
  • Options
    @RipuAncestor I'll snap out of it eventually, probably X_X and thank you that means a lot ;-; I'm really behind on reading others' stories, but I'm slowly catching up.
    they/them or she/her
  • Options
    @DeafSimmer I appreciate that a lot ;-; Thank you < 333
    they/them or she/her
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    i kept my promise to rip. said my new post would be up today.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Welp, just caught up fully on a few of my favourite SimLits. Just have one more longer story to catch up on now!
    they/them or she/her
  • Options
    DeiraShadeweaverDeiraShadeweaver Posts: 647 Member
    After taking a break for a couple of months, I've been posting an update or even two almost daily since I'm taking some time to play again! It is a lot of fun to explore sides of the game I knew nothing about.
  • Options
    Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,552 Member
    That's how I feel as well, Deira. As I'm enjoying a bit of downtime I'm only working on the next chapter very slowly. I'm also wondering if I should start a whole new story as well...one with a theme or a hook or a present day legacy? Hmmmm......
  • Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    I'm finally catching up on stories xD and finally getting over a half writers block I wAs having.
  • Options
    @Kellogg_J_Kellogg Yesss! Do it! (if you want!)

I might try to get my first chapter of my new project done tonight, but I’m not as emotionally invested in it yet as I was with my Realm of Magic stuff. I’m trying to do more structured planning this time, but not too structured that it’s rigid and restrictive. If not, might try and do a build of some sort.

they/them or she/her
  • Options
    So while I’m waiting for the PC to arrive, anyone got any recommendations for SimLit? I haven’t got any particular preferences/dislikes. Obviously I know about the Nightblaze Legacy and Untamed/The Sun and her Fire.

@SnowBnuuy It can sometimes take a while to get into a new project. I enjoy your builds too! My building skills are awful, despite years of playing The Sims and building and furnishing multiple houses my architecture and interior design skills are still somewhat lacking :D
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    @Lucy_Henley @_sims_Yimi ’s Tales of Camelot, @Kellogg_J_Kellogg ’s Sim 66 and @mercuryfoam ‘s Between 2 Worlds are all ones you can sink yourself into! And thank you I’m glad you like my writing and builds ;-; You will like ToC and B2W if you like the Realm of Magic stuff.
    they/them or she/her
  • Options
    Thanks for the recommendations @SnowBnuuy ! I will check those out!
  • Options
    Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,552 Member
    I'm still trying out various stories by a number of people. My recommendations are @SnowBnuuy's collected works (they're well written), Tusnelda & Trix, Jeb & Ulrike Swapping Story and @orenjiAi's Unloved...which is on hold right at a cliff-hanger point but it's a good story with amazing screencaps and builds in it.
  • Options
    @Kellogg_J_Kellogg If I could reach (and if social distancing wasn't a thing XD) I would give you a hug ;_;
    they/them or she/her
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    If you want something off the forum then I've been enjoying Inheritance by a Tumblr URL that the censors might catch (LOVE YOU THO)

Also Haunted by our own @Dollyllama108. Catastrophe Theory it's great too but Haunted is less daunting to catch up on. It makes me think of Type O Negative so that's even better.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    Ooh, plenty of recommendations! Thank you everyone. It’s so fun to see how everyone plays. There are endless possibilities.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top