Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are You Buying Dream Home Decorator?

ยซ134
simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
Well it looks like the Livestream didn't change many minds. Negatives are still negative and positives are still positive. :p

So are you buying Dream Home Decorator?
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Are You Buying Dream Home Decorator? 288 votes

Yes. On release.
53%
Akl500Pauroraael14Freckles1971CK213honeypooh1267EvvieSimmertams2578grnblzJadeleinebrackencat31BreeSashaSara1010PGalacticGalIcewolflori171957alexspoom13Nighteyesalan650111IceyJdreamergrl84 153 votes
Yes. On sale.
20%
BluegayleCabelle1863love7680PlayerSinger2010MelisendreIsb917justChrisUkbabajayneCynnakemoweryAxelTaylor01SimplyJentaydevRamblineRosewormofthebookhalloweenchildMoonfoxNightcrySindocatLadyBepsannaliese39 60 votes
Still not sure.
12%
Goth583jeepjeepcataelias24BloodC24overonAngel_mixSimpatsyannsam123taffy550szajkaANNETTE1951loubyloulouHarukotyandoogerieMissmagoo2adamzaidSigzy05ChadSims2Oldeseadoggekappowan 36 votes
No
13%
GoldmoldarimhappyncisGibbs02Paigeisin5BluelleTorieSimChic1KhrisstyneemeretroshalomTo7mmannannaLenaDietersbixtersbenson2006wormstache999Onverseradele_katluxsylvanlyra 39 votes

Comments

• Options
    JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    edited May 2021
    Yes. On release.
    Yes! Iโ€™m buying this pack because I do like the BB. I also want to support this pack because they added likes/dislikes. I gotta give credit where itโ€™s due. This will hopefully make my gameplay experience so much better.

Iโ€™m only afraid of what bugs will happen on release for both the patch & game release.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Yes. On release.
    Darn straight I am. I am dying to get this into my game! I was excited about likes/dislikes but I never anticipated 20 slots! ๐Ÿ˜ฑ The Career looks super fun, and that furniture/decor, I could gush for days about it.
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Yes. On release.
    This pack is right up my alley, but I'll probably wait to play until bugs are revealed and I can update mods and stuff. I'm on a Sims 4 hiatus atm, so I'll get the pack for sure, because I love all the items and the addons, but if something major breaks I definitely need to wait.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,928 Member
    Yes. On release.
    On release. About time for try to play vanilla for some days again :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    Yes. On release.
    I was on the fence, but they convinced me!
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Yes. On release.
    After my holiday in June.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited May 2021
    Yes. On release.
    Not particularly on release but I don't wait for sales. I get it when I'm ready. It doesn't have enough to wow me into buying it right away according to my playstyle but it has some things I would like. ๐Ÿ™‚
    Now if they make a pack like that tv channel.....๐Ÿ˜
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    No
    No. I just get the sense itโ€™s a novelty pack. Try a few times and forget.

The furniture is amazing though. Likes and dislikes are a good idea but overall I donโ€™t think Iโ€™d end up using the career only the furniture. (Must try and save money!)
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! ๐Ÿ˜Šโ˜•๏ธ๐ŸŒž
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    Yes. On sale.
    The things I dislike about the pack are still the same. But I really enjoyed the career. The revel really put it over the edge for me. I also loved the BB enough to eventually buy this pack.
  • Options
    NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 272 Member
    No
    I think I'll let this one pass me by. A decoration career just doesn't interest me, even with the other things they're adding.

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Yes. On release.
    I'm getting it. I love the small build challenges in the new career and i love the reveal :) i was really happy when they showed we can rewatch the reveal :lol:

But... it's the first time a livestream puts me down... i really hated the let's play they did, explaining every detail, every interaction... reading texts... like if talking to kids, trying to convince us that if we walk through everything slowly and spend some long minutes watching a sim's tv channel it will look like they're showing us tooooons of stuff... It was kind of insulting really...
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Yes. On release.
    Absofreakinlutely! I have wanted something like this in TS4 since the release of the active careers.

For me personally, it will really drive how I play the game and incorporate one of my favorite things in the game which is to makeover houses, to make them more user friendly to my playstyl.

I know there are a bunch of people who are like "How is this any different than what we've always been able to do?"

Well for starters:

1 - Reputation system (this can be played several ways, try to be the best of the best ... or deliberately torture yours sims by putting in things they'd hate to see how quickly your reputation drops or trying to see often you can get fired). You don't have that when building freely.

2 - Restrictions on what you're allowed to redecorate. Being lower level on the career ladder you can only redo "rooms" so you may have to wait to make over the rest of that particular house, as you climb the ladder you get the option to make over "levels" ... as in the 1st floor or the 2nd floor. Eventually your reputation will allow you to make over entire venues too.

3 - Staying within a budget, if you're a builder or decorator who likes a pretty environment, staying within a budget might be tricky. I know I personally never worry about how much my houses are when I play. I normally decorate first, and then use the freerestate cheat to buy the house and then play.

4 - Footprint restrictions, some jobs will require you to only have a certain footprint size and keeping within those limitations might be a little more challenging

5 - The modular shelving and furniture will be easier to fit into smaller footprint houses, such as Tiny Houses.

6 - Making money once the gig is done, redecorationg freely doesn't pay you unless you cheat.

So yeah, to me personally, this pack will keep me busy and interested for a while.

• Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Yes. On release.
    There's lots of things I want in this pack that'll tie in with all the others I have, so yes. I like decorating a lot but need practice and loved that career in Sims 3. This is deeper than that.
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    Yes. On release.
    Yes! On release. As soon as itโ€™s available, lol. I love interior design & the build/buy looks amazing!
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Yes. On sale.
    The BB and CAS looks nice, but there just isn't enough gameplay for me to justify playing $20 for it.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Still not sure.
    If, and it's a very big if, I got it:
    Be on sale, at least 50% off
    have lots of content I would actually use - pictures I've seen so far point to content being mostly modern :(
    the usual disappointment/frustration with glitches/etc. reports are within reasonable levels - learned a long time ago that with EA's packs a wait and see approach is best.
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    edited May 2021
    Still not sure.
    I really like some of the BB designs I've seen from the pack, but I also intensely dislike some of them, and I didn't see any CAS stuff that interested me. So it's still pretty iffy at this point whether or not I'll end up getting this one. If I do, it likely won't be very soon, and I'm certain it won't be at full price.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    No
    I think it's overpriced and too small to be called a Game pack with only 1 new career and no aspiration or traits. It's a Game pack that literally doesn't impact your game unless you play the career, it just adds stuff... which means it's a stuffpack
  • Options
    Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    I'm sure that people who love decorating homes will dig this and I occasionally enjoy doing something like this but it's unfortunately not much for me and I don't think I'll get much use of its contents.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    Still not sure.
    I don't want to, because it's about one thing... that I don't like about the game. I don't even know what to do on those job gigs. Where to even start? Do people actually see everything clear in their minds or how do they know what to do and where to start?
    I hate the new career and I don't want to do it but I like the items. I just don't have any idea how to use those modular shelves, it's like rocket science to me to combine them and it gives me anxiety to even think about it. :s
    I'm probably buying the pack some day, some time after release, maybe later, but I'm not happy about it. Seriously... a game pack just about one career. :/
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Yes. On release.
    Possibly.
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    Still not sure.
    A couple days ago, it would have been flat out "no," but after seeing the live stream, I'm a bit more neutral about it.

I like the sectional sofas, the closet pieces, and the clutter items, but have no interest in the career itself. And a few build items isn't really enough to convince me to buy it.

If I decide to buy it though, it's going to be on a 50% sale. It's not worth any more than $10 to me, since it's still essentially a glorified stuff pack if you ask me.
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Yes. On sale.
    Definitely, I will, but only on a discounted price.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Yes. On sale.
    I do like the BB, but ehhh the gameplay seems weak to me. I dont think I'd use the career much. Ive got Amazon giftcards to use on it so I'll probably be buying a few days after release.
  • Options
    WinterKhirinWinterKhirin Posts: 248 Member
    Yes. On release.
    Of course I am! I have always bought all the sims 4 packs the day they came out. And this pack has one of my favorite careers in it that I loved in past sims games. Plus having likes/dislikes finally added to the game through an update and even more added through the pack, is truly amazing! I will be able to finally take out the mod that was giving that to me!
    Owlenmoon is the house which most values creativity and wisdom. They're intellectual and introspective, and can find poetry in situations that may appear irrelevant to others. They're also good at making things more complicated than what they're supposed to be.

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top