Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What gender sim do you usually like to play?

Comments

• Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,128 Member
    Female
    I have both in my game, but I lean towards females. CAS is my favorite part of the game, and it's fun to see what kinds of hotties I can create lol
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    Female
    9 times out of 10, i am playing with a female sim.
    Onverser wrote: »
    Onverser wrote: »
    Female. I like fashion and there's more options for female sims, dressing male sims is just boring. Currently I'm playing with just one female sim but honestly it varies, sometimes I play with a male sim and a female sim

Welp. Since I first commented on this thread last year I've played exclusively with male sims
    Yeah, i read your older comment and was like "but onverser usually posts male sims" haha XD Maybe i will find myself playing with more male sims in the future, like you did.
  • Options
    skybird14skybird14 Posts: 90 Member
    Other:
    I play both and although I have created slightly more female characters to populate my world, I wouldn't say that I necessarily play them more than the males.
  • Options
    dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    Female
    Always female. I do have some male sims but I don‘t really play with them. My female sims are the leading actors while my male sims are the supporting or guest actors. I just can‘t identify with them.
  • Options
    polishsimmepolishsimme Posts: 20 Member
    Female
    Female.
  • Options
    jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    Other:
    Either to be honest.
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,361 Member
    Male
    Almost all of the sims I actually play with are male.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    Female
    My main 'sim' in any household is always female.

Though I'll drop a male in there as a side cast member when I can, or try to get a relationship going with a townie and then have things progress to a natural move-in (which seems to be amazingly difficult to do, the male townies in my game tend to be extremely non-receptive to any romance interactions, whereas my sims are always trying to push flirting on other females. Sometimes it feels like if I leave any of my sims alone for more than 3 seconds there will be an army of female townies trying to push a relationship, and any males they knew will have run off to hide somewhere with the romance bar having half depleted - regardless of what traits I cheat into everyone).

All that noted, when I go looking for CAS CC, I'm more often looking for male stuff because I've gotten so bored with every male in the game looking like a 'mega-brand retail store employee'...

I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • Options
    Anchor283Anchor283 Posts: 18 Member
    Female
    I usually play a female but the looks change. I do play a male and usually give him an extreme skin color if I start the 100 baby challenge but I've never finished it.
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Other:
    hunniboo1 wrote: »
    for some reason I always begin my game with a single female. Dont really know why..maybe because I'm a female in real life or the female sims have better clothing option. It is rare for my to start off a game with a male sim.
    Depends on the type of gameplay I want to do. I start with both genders as roomies and have them marry each other. The first-born of each generation in my latest gameplay(gender doesn't matter anymore) will be heir. Their first-born is a son. So if their first grandchild is a female, she becomes the next generation's heir. :)
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    edited May 2021
    Male
    I play a lot of both over the course of a save, but when I'm starting a new game, it's almost always as a dude sim.

I think it's because townie chicks are usually less odd looking to me than townie dudes, so I'm more likely to pull them into the household ... and I don't want to wind up playing nothing but women!
  • Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    Female
    I think because I'm female that I seem to make female sims more however, when my sims have children I try to get males in the family when my sims are constantly having girl children
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,020 Member
    Male
    I usually make more male Sims because there’s a lot of TV shows I like recreating. Also sometimes IRL I’ll see someone I want to try and make.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 883 Member
    Other:
    I put in other.
    I usually make families from the get go, and play most of the members of the family, male and female alike.
    My single Sims are a mixture as well, some single Sims are females, while others are male.
    Also, not all the dynamics of my Sims are the same either, so for me it is a mixture of both, and depends on my goal for the family as well.
  • Options
    grassharpgrassharp Posts: 70 Member
    Female
    Generally, I use female sims to start a save because I simply don’t find male sims as engaging or as interesting. Whether that’s due to the limitations of CAS or my own personal bias, I’m not sure. I’m perfectly willing to believe it is my own bias, because there’s obviously no real difference in gameplay based on gender, especially since the customization was added.
  • Options
    TARDISgradeTARDISgrade Posts: 193 Member
    Other:
    I create and play with/ develop a lot of characters and the male/female ratio is balanced. I genuinely enjoy playing both with male or female Sims.
    Feel free to download content from My Gallery
  • Options
    inkyvioletinkyviolet Posts: 147 Member
    Must admit that I generally create female sims just because there are so many options in CAS. Do use cc as well, so it's even more tempting.
    Then a townie male surprises me with his potential and after a serious makeover I get attached and let them shine as much as my created females.
    Do have a soft spot for male vampires
  • Options
    ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    Male
    Depends where the story takes me. Sometimes it's men, sometimes it's women, sometimes it's "whichever gender offspring two sims from a previous chapter of my ongoing tale had" without conscious choosing a man or a woman.

I do, however, find that it's easier to find a good partner for my male sims than my female sims—for some reason, the male townies are unworthy of my chosen women, but the female townies are met with a reaction of "Eh, she'll do."

Even in the Sims, men have lower standards!
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • Options
    mitchiebanjomitchiebanjo Posts: 172 Member
    Other:
    I tend to lean a bit male but play both. I don't worry about trying to make it equal. I just go with whatever turns up in cas. Sometimes I download a household of sims, change each one to the opposite sex and then put them all in a house to play or just let them be townies to befriend or hook up with for fun or procreation.
  • Options
    Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    Male
    Most of my household is male with a few females but I generally prefer being the guys. That's not to say I don't have attachment to my female Sims too, one who has a masculine build, love them all.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • Options
    TheStarrSimmerTheStarrSimmer Posts: 206 Member
    Other:
    I don't play a specific Gender. When I make sims I make them based off the storyline I have in my mind, they all play a part. If i have a single male sim, i will make a single female sim, and vice versa.
    Snap_5bFm8Er5qd514231703.png
  • Options
    LJKLJK Posts: 257 Member
    Other:
    Both. I have one main male Sim I use all the time, but constantly create and play female Sims alongside my male Sim. Recently, I've been creating male Sims as well, though.
  • Options
    sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member
    Other:
    I play both male and female sims about equally. I have a few "nonbinary" sims as well. :)
  • Options
    AmeliaToddAmeliaTodd Posts: 226 Member
    edited May 2021
    Female
    I have all sort of sims in my save, but there are slightly more females.

I try to have a balanced population, but still lean more toward female characters, plus 99% of babies that are born in my game end up being females. I don't like controlling the pregnancy outcome, so I end up with mostly female children.

Then there are times when I come up with interesting male character idea and enter the CAS only to spend couple hours trying to make the character look right, then I give up due to the limited customization selection for males. I have one main rule in my game, no character can overlap the other when it comes to outfits combinations and general styling (unless they are twins), this helps me to not create same character over and over again and it's a lot more difficult to do this with males (and elders)
  • Options
    MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    edited May 2021
    Female
    Only because I have my own decorating styles for my female sims and I have a lot more CC for women.

My male sims are all downloaded from other people, otherwise my boys would all pretty much be the same guy with different hair styles. I love them, but I’ll find myself in CAS like... wait, what shoes do guys wear? The result is that my males sims all dress like my fiancé, a frat boy or a cute academic. That’s it, three styles,