Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Least fav CAS trend?

Comments

• Options
    SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    As for CAS itself, I like the changes they've made to it. As they broaden the options, it gets more fun to make sims. However, I do download sims from the gallery from time to time but of course, they do not have cc. I don't download Sims with CC anymore anywhere but my biggest pet peeve with the gallery is that if you download a sim with CC from the gallery and you don't have the cc in your sims folder, your sims end up bald, too skinny, and in their underwear. Most of us get this. Unfortunately, I don't think a lot of people who upload their creations to the gallery understand this nor do a lot of the players attempting to download it. I see so many that give 0 credit to the creator of the CC so you have no idea where to get said CC and then the comments end up being "where did you get the hair, I love that top where did you get it?" or the ever funny "I downloaded this sim and it looks nothing like the picture" and no response from the creator. No matter how good a sim is, if there is CC without some sort of credit given to the creator of the CC, I will not favorite it or even give it a second glance.

I also #hate #hate #hate the 5000 hashtags people put in their descriptions. Calling your own creation #beautiful #cute etc. is stupid (IMO). Does anyone actually search for #beautiful? Beauty is objective LOL.

I also abhor the HQ mod. It makes picking out cc clothing, eys, hair, etc. difficult if they don't offer a non-HQ mod alternative.

I also agree that the trend of making toddlers look like teenagers in small bodies is also a no-go for me. I actually like the Maxis toddlers and their clothing so I don't download any of that stuff. I'd rather have them be born in-game anyway.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Options
    MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    Alpha CC.

Heavy CC Toddlers/Kids

Ugly To Beauty challenge, as beauty is subjective and objectifying it to a certain look makes others self-conscious.

• Options
    pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    Super red blush that's on a good portion of the face, including a bright red nose. Normal people do not constantly have a blush that looks as if they've just had the most embarrassing moment of their life. :D
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    hyrulerose wrote: »
    Super red blush that's on a good portion of the face, including a bright red nose. Normal people do not constantly have a blush that looks as if they've just had the most embarrassing moment of their life. :D

Guilty! But my sims are cartoony so it fits with their aesthetic.

C8HSI6T.png

• Options
    matheus_mar_1999matheus_mar_1999 Posts: 105 Member
    sinusitis

The red nose makes Sims look like they got a really bad cold or rhinitis
  • Options
    dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    „I fixed XYZ“ and 9/10 times it‘s a non-white sim made white.
  • Options
    dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    somewhsome wrote: »
    Jyotai wrote: »
    I've just found another one: a highlighter (that was added recently) on every single popular sim on the gallery.
    Don't get me wrong, I think the highlighter is cute, but it's overused & also too obvious on these sims, like instagram contouring that looks weird in reality.

Highlighter? Can you post a screenshot? I'm looking at the gallery by 'most popular', 'popular now', and flipping Maxis curated on and off, and not seeing any difference. Wondering what this one is.
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    I've just found another one: a highlighter (that was added recently) on every single popular sim on the gallery.
    Don't get me wrong, I think the highlighter is cute, but it's overused & also too obvious on these sims, like instagram contouring that looks weird in reality.

I need a picture!

I mean this thing on noses
    SwV0RPiVXSU.jpg?size=1122x633&quality=96&sign=6137bf6f231f231627597c17c1aef8f2&type=album
    Is the guy in the bottom left naked? o:)
  • Options
    Holy heck, I didn't even notice that, but what the heck was that person thinking uploading that to the gallery.
  • Options
    pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member

Guilty! But my sims are cartoony so it fits with their aesthetic.

C8HSI6T.png

Haha, yeah I can see how it's cute for a more cartoony/artsy type of aesthetic. But I guess for me, I lean more towards realism in both CAS and gameplay, so in my mind I interpret the bright blushing too literally. :D
  • Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    Jyotai wrote: »

Highlighter? Can you post a screenshot? I'm looking at the gallery by 'most popular', 'popular now', and flipping Maxis curated on and off, and not seeing any difference. Wondering what this one is.

I need a picture!

I mean this thing on noses
    SwV0RPiVXSU.jpg?size=1122x633&quality=96&sign=6137bf6f231f231627597c17c1aef8f2&type=album
    Is the guy in the bottom left naked? o:)

I think he must be in underwear? There's no way to upload a totally naked sim on the gallery without it being marked as modded. I think.
    But topless "hot" guys are everywhere anyway, lol.
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    - Practically every top being a freaking crop top. Yeah they can be cute and work some Sims, but some of us don't like prancing around with our bellies showing all the time. And this peeve extends to CC as well as EA items. Why is it so freaking hard to find a good full length top that that's actually cute?
    - On that note, the fact that all the tops with cute patterns/graphics are for kids whereas Teen+ get stuck with mostly plain clothing. :cry: I'm a young adult in real life and I absolutely hate plain tops. I'd elect to wear a t-shirt with a kitty cat or melon slices on it a million times over again before choosing a plain blue or pink t-shirt. Even as I write this now, my tank top has a sun and a moon on it. Why is it so hard to understand that Some adults like cute clothes too?
    - When people upload a Sim to the gallery with only one outfit. I'm not talking about one in every category, but one outfit total. Like... really? If I'm going to the gallery to download a Sim, it's because I don't feel like doing any work on them myself.
    - Toddlers that look like mini models as many others have mentioned. (Kids too, but mainly the toddlers) Like excuse me, have you ever met a toddler? They don't have elaborately hair all the time, and they're not supposed to have contour and perfectly done make up? They're supposed to look like toddlers not mini 20-somethings for crying out loud. And the poses people use for the screenshots don't help either.
    Like seriously, what is up with some people?

These are NOT toddlers.
    hh9etu2294u21.jpg
    w-920h-690-2888674.jpg
    mhu3dnchmzi31.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=d87870fe46735782c5bb32c8e8d8f7eed98d4f0d

These ARE
    5f2d254c9def5ac8bcce66569de84a1fb851ea58.png
    SC4-104150_MAIN.jpg
    Sims-4-Toddler-Hair.jpg

And that's just a few. I'm sure I'll think of more as time goes on.
  • Options
    MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    edited May 2021
    - Practically every top being a freaking crop top. Yeah they can be cute and work some Sims, but some of us don't like prancing around with our bellies showing all the time. And this peeve extends to CC as well as EA items. Why is it so freaking hard to find a good full length top that that's actually cute?
    - On that note, the fact that all the tops with cute patterns/graphics are for kids whereas Teen+ get stuck with mostly plain clothing. :cry: I'm a young adult in real life and I absolutely hate plain tops. I'd elect to wear a t-shirt with a kitty cat or melon slices on it a million times over again before choosing a plain blue or pink t-shirt. Even as I write this now, my tank top has a sun and a moon on it. Why is it so hard to understand that Some adults like cute clothes too?
    - When people upload a Sim to the gallery with only one outfit. I'm not talking about one in every category, but one outfit total. Like... really? If I'm going to the gallery to download a Sim, it's because I don't feel like doing any work on them myself.
    - Toddlers that look like mini models as many others have mentioned. (Kids too, but mainly the toddlers) Like excuse me, have you ever met a toddler? They don't have elaborately hair all the time, and they're not supposed to have contour and perfectly done make up? They're supposed to look like toddlers not mini 20-somethings for crying out loud. And the poses people use for the screenshots don't help either.
    Like seriously, what is up with some people?

These are NOT toddlers.
    hh9etu2294u21.jpg
    w-920h-690-2888674.jpg
    mhu3dnchmzi31.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=d87870fe46735782c5bb32c8e8d8f7eed98d4f0d

These ARE
    5f2d254c9def5ac8bcce66569de84a1fb851ea58.png
    SC4-104150_MAIN.jpg
    Sims-4-Toddler-Hair.jpg

And that's just a few. I'm sure I'll think of more as time goes on.

those alpha toddlers tho :'( imma cry i only stick to light usage of MM cc

EDIT: Light MM on toddlers. My Adults are fully cc'ed up.
  • Options
    JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member

The Klan instinct is just so strong in a lot of people who are in denial over that fact. But they call themselves out everytime they do something like one of those "fixes".
    I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,969 Member
    Yikes on the changing a non-white Sim to white and calling them “fixed”! They’re not broken!!
  • Options
    I noticed quite a few people making changes like that to non-white sims as well and I literally just don't get it.

I mean, I have tweaked some skin tones before. However this is rare, and I only do it if their skin tone is one that has super a weird undertone (ie the ones that look sort of grey-ish.) And as a personal rule, I will pick the closest possible shade to what they already have. Just sans the weird undertones. And typically, I try to stay within the warm, neutral, cool category it orginally came from too.
    MyriadSims wrote: »
    those alpha toddlers tho :'( imma cry i only stick to light usage of MM cc

EDIT: Light MM on toddlers. My Adults are fully cc'ed up.

I know, :cry: it's terrible honestly. And those are just a few examples of many.

I use probably 90-99% MM cc with only a few alpha things here and there. But yeah, I generally keep it light on the toddlers (a few toddler appropite hairstyles and pieces of clothing.) But will go out all for my adults.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    I noticed quite a few people making changes like that to non-white sims as well and I literally just don't get it.

I would only understand changing genetics = fixed

if it is sim from ts1,2 or 3 or other sims game

and they existed with completely different set of genetics in those games so player "fixed" sim to look like how they used to

but also like I really dont like whole "fixed" word in general id rather use "edited" or "makeover" or something

i very rarely change genetics myself so only things i can really recall is matching something to sims appearance in previous game

or changing the yellow cheese hair to natural blonde for few of the sims cause i feel that looks more natural
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member

I change skin color a lot for my game, but only if it's appropriate. All of my townies are Asian and it drives me nuts.

In Sulani, most of my sims get turned into sims with dark hair and brown skin, since that's what the natives usually look like. A few may be kept white or black for diversity, but usually it's darker.

In My Komorebi it's the opposite, it's Japan and sims should mostly be asian.

The new skin tone update has made it worse tbh, so many wild sims with asian names being spawned everywhere with every accessory under the sun.

That being said, giving makeovers and saying fixed when you change the skin color is yikes.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    @Zeldaboy180 I'm having that same issue. All of my townies are Asian with Asian names. It seems like once SE was installed, the game went wild with Asian culture and has them doing every job, uni roommates, butlers, maids, everything! And they are wearing the weirdest clothes. I have to give everyone a makeover all the time. It drives me insane.
  • Options
    LenaDietersLenaDieters Posts: 254 Member
    I wish you could turn off townies😩
  • Options
    @MeowchaFrappe Deeliteful Simmer has a few patterned tops/outfits. It may be worth checking out and seeing if any of the stuff is your style. There's some stuff that is just plain colours, but some are available in both plain and patterned and some are just patterned. https://deelitefulsimmer.tumblr.com/tagged/clothing
  • Options
    mitchiebanjomitchiebanjo Posts: 172 Member
    I don't care what you do with your sims. I may not like a sim I see online but I don't feel the need to tell anyone. I don't have to play with your sims style of sims. All play styles are valid. If you like the way your sims look, enjoy them.
  • Options
    @MeowchaFrappe Deeliteful Simmer has a few patterned tops/outfits. It may be worth checking out and seeing if any of the stuff is your style. There's some stuff that is just plain colours, but some are available in both plain and patterned and some are just patterned. https://deelitefulsimmer.tumblr.com/tagged/clothing

Oh my goodness, thank you so much for this link.

I think I've downloaded a few pieces of their cc before, but never really looked at all of their stuff. So I appreciate it. :)
  • Options

Oh my goodness, thank you so much for this link.

I think I've downloaded a few pieces of their cc before, but never really looked at all of their stuff. So I appreciate it. :)

Glad I could help! I’ve downloaded a few of their pieces, too. Admittedly I have quite a few of their plain recolours of things, but the patterned stuff is cool too.
  • Options
    As I've been trying to play sims made by other people, I now absolutely know for sure that I despise sunken in cheeks. Like it makes the sim look evil and emaciated and just weird. When you look at them from any other angle than head on, they look deformed.

I've just spent the last 2 days "fixing" cheeks, especially teens and kids.
  • Options
    LogicallyironicLogicallyironic Posts: 137 Member
    Caliente makeovers that whitewash them even more than Maxis did...
    ex: https://www.thesimsresource.com/scaled/3174/w-920h-690-3174036.jpg

:(

Really long, luscious, styled locks on toddlers. I can turn a blind eye to the clothes since some people definitely dress their kids that way IRL, but no 2 y/o is going to have hair of that length, volume, and precision unless they're wearing a wig.

Another pet peeve, more specific to CC and dating back to TS2 (IDK if you can call it a trend) is custom eyes/lenses that look off to the side by default. *shudder*

I also wish there were more female sims who don't have the heart-shaped face, button nose, big eyes, full lips combo. I just want a girl with an aquiline nose!