Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Least fav CAS trend?

Comments

• Tequila_Rose_13191Tequila_Rose_13191 Posts: 143 Member
    It drives me crazy that we don't have a career tab in CAS. I want to be able to put socks with a work uniform or assign a professional looking updo with a work outfit.
  • BettyNewbie1BettyNewbie1 Posts: 336 Member
    iamoz96 wrote: »
    Tumblr sims. Basically this, an exaggerated one:

8dagpin66gp21.png

Red cheeks, thick lips, vitligo, heterochromia etc all in one

I avoid that website like the plague. I once got called racist because i was playing a black legacy as a white simmer.

My sim married the black premade from discover university because I thought he was cute and I liked his major.

I believe they said I was basically doing digital blackface 🙄

🤨 People are so weird. I don’t even know what to think of tumblrites. I stay far away from that site and also Twitter.

A few years back, stopped going online, just video games and eating. When I eventually again scrolled Twitter, think I had a stress brain aneurysm... Pushed that far away from me, don't need that.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    The red nose stuff, yah sim looks like they got a bad case of allergies, looked like that myself
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    How some of the Sims 2 Pleasantview Sims were remade in the Sims 4. So I end up having to fix them especially with the Caliente family that are supposed to be part alien with Nina and Dina.
    sims2-pleasantview-premade-families-neighborhood.jpg
    EVT7e_NWkAAoqJE.jpg

There is a difference of eye color between these two Get Famous premades too.
    https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Dirk_Dreamer
    https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Dirk_Dreamer_(The_Sims_4:_Get_Famous)

https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Dustin_Broke
    https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Dustin_Broke_(The_Sims_4:_Get_Famous)
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    I have to agree with the aforementioned "skilled" sims. I only ever download sims from the gallery when I want them to look like characters/actors from movies or TV shows, since I'm terrible at recreating faces myself. I remember being so happy when I found a sim that looked exactly like a certain character, just to discover while playing that they had everything maxed, skills and aspirations. As someone who needs a goal for sims to work towards, this totally put me off. And I know there's cheats to remove skills and aspiration reward traits, which would have been fine if there had been only a handful, but all of them? Ain't nobody got time for that!

Other than that, I don't really have any problems, since I can easily change everything I don't like. I never come across sims with terrible alpha hair because I exclude cc from my searches, and custom model poses, while pretentious, don't bother me either because I'm used to sims looking better in CAS than they do in Live Mode. Once they start and never stop smiling, all the hard work you put into their faces goes out of the window anyway.
  • GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    edited April 2021
    It drives me crazy that we don't have a career tab in CAS. I want to be able to put socks with a work uniform or assign a professional looking updo with a work outfit.

Do you mind using cheats? This cheat allows your to edit your Sims career outfit:

sims.modify_career_outfit_in_cas

I've used it because my sims seem to refuse to wear their glasses to work.

I don't download Sims, but enjoy looking at people's creations. I think some CC can look beautiful, and a lot of talent goes into making it, but sometimes too much CC makes it seem like I'm not looking at a sim at all.
  • magic_cat_treemagic_cat_tree Posts: 292 Member
    I download sims from the gallery and then use MCCC to make them populate my towns. When searching for sims to download, what I've noticed (which isn't necessarily a "trend", just something I don't really like) is that most sims look the same ie small nose, full lips, big eyes etc. I personally like to create and play with sims that have certain quirks in their appearance that make them unique and then when those sims have babies, I love to see their parents' unique features passed down the generations.

So yeah, I feel a slight annoyance at often having to scroll and scroll down the gallery in order to find original-looking sims. But that's personal preference, of course :)
    Drummer in Seize The Day
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    My least favourite trend. All those skirts well above the knee and those shorter trousers. I want more knee length skirts for my older women and long length trousers for my men.
  • Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    In this thread: CAS poses & Alpha
    Me: *cries*
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • BettyNewbie1BettyNewbie1 Posts: 336 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    My least favourite trend. All those skirts well above the knee and those shorter trousers. I want more knee length skirts for my older women and long length trousers for my men.

Mid length dresses, too. Under the knee slightly. Saw a thread, Reddit saying those were granny dresses, I wear those... Nothing is wrong with dressing how somebody wants if they are an adult, but I cover myself more. Really not the biggest of my worries, thought you might relate.
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    edited April 2021
    I generally don't care what other people do with their games. That's their business. However I, like all others, have preferences and thus I personally dislike certain things. I'm not really aware of "trends" since I don't use the library to download sims but overall these are the type of things I dislike.

- Hyper realism / Alpha CC. Just has this off-putting uncanny valley look which, ironically, ends up looking more fake than realistic. Can work in still images I guess but during gameplay I find it a really ill fit due to how cartoony TS4 is from world design to exaggerated animations and such.

- Toddlers who are so decked up on cc that they look like mini adults instead of toddlers. Some give them like this really long stylish hair and even makeup. Just... no.

- Copy-paste faces / everyone is a super model. I especially love how some people go like: "I fixed these townies." which actually translates to: "I erased every unique feature of them and made them all traditionally pretty + stylish". Like, you do you but I don't have to like it. We all have our types so it's no surprise if certain things might repeat in our games (I'm guilty of that too) but I just find it really freaking boring when every sim looks the same. I like some distinct features, not every sim needs to look traditionally beautiful/handsome either. TS4 is the first one in the series which let's you give your sims unique bodyshapes too so I say take advantage of that.
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Super alpha cc babies and toddlers freak me out because a lot of them either look like tiny adults or forensic recreations from the NamUs database.

The only premades that need to be “fixed” are probably the ones like Christie Sigworth and Evie Delgato. It’s possible to have sims with big eyes or ears without going that far. Christie’s jaw/chin is unbelievably tiny. Some other premades like Bob Pancakes or Eric Lewis have really scrawny bodies under maxed/nearly maxed sliders, which is a weird choice.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member

Mid length dresses, too. Under the knee slightly. Saw a thread, Reddit saying those were granny dresses, I wear those... Nothing is wrong with dressing how somebody wants if they are an adult, but I cover myself more. Really not the biggest of my worries, thought you might relate.
    I like dressing Sims more modest like that too. I don't care for the crop top trend either. I cover myself more too. I don't like showing my belly other than with swimwear and I wear my skirts and dresses mid length or longer. Shopping can be tough sometimes and I end up going to Goodwill. I don't care for guys or girls showing underwear with their pants too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited April 2021
    I have two that really get to me.
    • CC. Specifically alpha cc. I don't use cc at all in my game currently but alpha cc is just too stylized for me. Especially when I go to download a sim with a bunch of alpha cc because I like the way they look and its a completely different sim underneath it all.
    • Using the wrong hashtags just to get your sim seen by more people. I get so frustrated when i'm looking for a certain kind of sim using a hashtag and all these sims that have nothing to do with said hashtag pop up. What's even the point of me filtering then?
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
    • CC. Specifically alpha cc. I don't use cc at all in my game currently but alpha cc is just too stylized for me. Especially when I go to download a sim with a bunch of alpha cc because I like the way they look and its a completely different sim underneath it all.
    • Using the wrong hashtags just to get your sim seen by more people. I get so frustrated when i'm looking for a certain kind of sim using a hashtag and all these sims that have nothing to do with said hashtag pop up. What's even the point of me filtering then?

I wish they’d implement some punishment system for the people who insist on using the hashtags for packs they didn’t use.
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Missmagoo2 wrote: »
    In this thread: CAS poses & Alpha
    Me: *cries*

You do you. If CAS poses and alpha are your jam, don't let this thread hurt your feelings. I felt the same in the build thread because everything they hate is what I do. Oh well...good thing I create for me first. 😁
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,942 Member
    edited April 2021

highwaisted skirt > any other skirt
    highwaisted pants > any other pants
    long shirt > any other shirt
    mid length dresses>barely covering 🐸🐸🐸🐸 dresses

croptops? :bawling: not again sims team we have freaking enough
    sleeveless? cute but seems bit cold.... my sims don't all live in sulani
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    I’m not a fan of cas or the gallery cas but what I have noticed a lot seem to have these silly poses and look like Instagram sims which I hate so much. It’s hard to find “normal” sims.
  • greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    Small heads. :# I know it sounds terrible but my sims all end up having huge skulls to fit all the lack of brains, and small heads just look so dramatic next to them. I always have the end up resizing if I download from the gallery, so for the most part I stick to builds...which I also end up not using since my sims are homebodies but whatever.
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member

Oh my gosh the hash tags drive me crazy 😱😱😱I'm often looking for very specific things and the hashtags make the filter pointless because they will literally tag #apples #oranges #cutesim #zombie under pizza 🙄 lol
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,870 Member
    Oh my gosh the hash tags drive me crazy 😱😱😱I'm often looking for very specific things and the hashtags make the filter pointless because they will literally tag #apples #oranges #cutesim #zombie under pizza 🙄 lol

:joy::joy:

Thanks for the laugh :p

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,484 Member
    I rarely, if ever, share the Sims I've created. I don't generally use cc either, except in my own game. Why use cc and then upload a Sim, when it's not likely the recipient has the same cc as me? I would have to create a list of what was used, where I got it, etc. Too much of a hassle, if you ask me.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    edited April 2021
    Onverser wrote: »
    It's partially not sims related, but the obsession tumblr has with vitiligo is very weird and borderline fetishism. The amount of sims creators on there who use vitiligo and heterochromia as an "aesthetic" is very off.

Wait, that wasn't just a broken mesh CC skin?
    A1hnP0t.png
    Ray_Trace wrote: »
    Onverser wrote: »
    It's partially not sims related, but the obsession tumblr has with vitiligo is very weird and borderline fetishism. The amount of sims creators on there who use vitiligo and heterochromia as an "aesthetic" is very off.

Wait, that wasn't just a broken mesh CC skin?

It’s definitely a skin detail. There was a point where it seemed like half of the sims you’d see had Winnie Harlow‘s vitiligo (it’s more symmetrical than most), but people are finally broadening their horizons. I usually see vitiligo on black sims or the recolours on berry sims.