Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Development Team Expanding to Maxis Europe

The Sims 4 is looking to expand on providing a world-class experience for our players. As part of an initiative to provide broader coverage, we are looking to establish a distributed development team based in the EU region to complement our team in Redwood Shores CA, USA. We are looking for a strong Technical Lead to oversee tech planning and implementation of features/tools and to lead a team of cross-functional engineers.

Comments

• Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    That's more like it. It's nice to see that they are using the money they get to invest in Maxis.

Hopefully this will lead to more development put into their games.
  • Options
    dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    For some reason I don‘t want them here
  • Options
    JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    For some reason I don‘t want them here

Hahaha
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,893 Member
    Potential locations.

Multiple Locations: Guildford, England, United Kingdom • Cologne, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany • Madrid, Community of Madrid, Spain • Helsinki, Finland • Stockholm, Stockholm County, Sweden • Sweden • Germany • Spain • United Kingdom

https://ea.gr8people.com/jobs/165393/senior-development-director-maxis?locale=en
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Looks like things are waxing and waning, because they closed their Utah branch years ago, and now they're scaling up again but this time in Europe.

Several parts of western Europe have strong labor laws though, like strict laws on shifts and paid vacation, so I hope EA is ready to absorb that cost
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Looks like things are waxing and waning, because they closed their Utah branch years ago, and now they're scaling up again but this time in Europe.

Several parts of western Europe have strong labor laws though, like strict laws on shifts and paid vacation, so I hope EA is ready to absorb that cost

Pretty sure they can. They have EA DICE, Ghost, and Criterion in Europe.

I Find this a great news. I will not be suprised if the team will handover TS4 to the Maxis Europe in a few years so that the main Studio can work on the Next Generation game.
  • Options
    BettyNewbie1BettyNewbie1 Posts: 336 Member
    edited May 2021
    Never hurts to have different insights on board, I am happy to see this.