Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hobbies or crafting activities for a farming EP

Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,115 Member
There's a lot of crafting or hobbies activities and skills for a farming EP based in the last games and spin-off titles. However, if you have to choose one, which and why?

Hobbies or crafting activities for a farming EP 22 votes

Sewing
40%
crocobauraAnmirladavina1221annaliese39JMEllis2020RememberJoyDaWaterRatM1ss_PlumbumArarine 9 votes
Pottery
4%
VanPelt81 1 vote
Glassblowing
9%
bixtersCangwen 2 votes
Forging
27%
NationalPokedexSERVERFRAGlacierSnowGingasnap27GreenTurtleMak27 6 votes
Weaving
0%
Archery
13%
ghjdiedBabykittyjadeEnkiSchmidt 3 votes
Another
4%
luthienrising 1 vote

Comments

• Options
    NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    Forging
    I picked Forging because I think it could add another use for the elements/metals in the game aside from just selling them, displaying, or donating them. They could be used for building furniture or a component to upgrading or something.

This is my ideal scenario for if they added Forging. But if they wouldn’t add some sort of integration like this, and instead leave the whole thing in its own bubble where they introduce a new resource like the recyclable materials from EL or spawn resources out of nothing like the woodworking table, then I might not find the whole thing as interesting, at which point I guess any other activity would be fine too.
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,348 Member
    Forging
    All of those would be fun to have and I almost chose archery. But when I read @NationalPokedex 's reason for wanting forging, my whole brain just went "Oh yes yes yes!" It would be fantastic to actually be able to make stuff from metals and minerals.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    Forging
    All of those would be fun to have and I almost chose archery. But when I read @NationalPokedex 's reason for wanting forging, my whole brain just went "Oh yes yes yes!" It would be fantastic to actually be able to make stuff from metals and minerals.

Also horseshoes ;)
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Forging
    I love all the above. That being said, I would love my Prehistoric, Civilization & Medieval households in my game saves to be able to make Axes, Swords, Horseshoes, Masons & other stuff. Also, the weapons would be playable. >:):D
  • Options
    NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    Forging
    And forging could offer a new way to develop handiness, as well.

I wanted to build a forge/smithy/warehouse thingamabob for the first draft of my BACC and I realized all I could really add were woodworking benches or random objects that are designated for upgrading solely for the skill gain.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Sewing
    I think sewing is something sims can do during long winter days. Weaving would be nice for sims in Sulani, they could weave mats or parasols out of banana leaves. Pottery and glassblowing are not really farming crafts, though pottery could be useful to make pots and jars and decorate them. Archery is more of a medieval or sports hobby, not really employed on a farm. Forging could work if they add horses, you could make horses shoes and maybe some tools used on a farm like an axe for wood cutting, or a rake to rake leaves.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Another
    I'd like to see something that feels related to food products, like canning.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Forging
    I'd like to see something that feels related to food products, like canning.

Yes but canning is not crafting. I think canning will be a must for the farming EP
    Post edited by Mak27 on
  • Options
    candybootcandyboot Posts: 129 Member
    You forgot about the butter churner.
  • Options
    Forging
    candyboot wrote: »
    You forgot about the butter churner.

Of course you're right, the butter churner was featured in TS1 Makin' Magic
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited May 2021
    all of them honestly

but since its probably impossible i shall divide in this way:

Sewing
    Pottery
    Glassblowing
    ^ a separate crafts hobby pack with also
    + sculpting
    none of these need to relate to farming per say but i want them
    ---

Forging
    Weaving
    Archery
    ^ farming pack
    + butter churn
    + spinning wheel

justification being:

weaving + spinning wheel
    in farming pack there is possibly animal we could get wool from in which case id need spinning wheel to use that and then weaving could use the spinned thread/yarn (knitting pack also gets cross pack function of using spinned yarn)

Forging
    useful for creating farming tools, making horse shoes etc. and also for creating weapons for which

Archery

if there is wild animals i would like for my sims to be able to hunt them

even if its only shooting at moving bushes and collecting meat object type of toddlerfied version

and ofc if one doesnt want their sim to hunt there is always the sport side where sims would shoot target boards

butter churn

not a whole hobby i guess but if we have dairy animal might as well make some butter

+edit: id also like to be able to preserve food items through canning or other means
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Canning would be great. I think it’d work best as something to do on the stove though. I don’t really want another huge machine, especially for stuff like jam making.
  • Options
    Gingasnap27Gingasnap27 Posts: 98 Member
    Forging
    Since you said "farm EP" I am going with foraging, as it will give another gameplay aspect to the pack...however, I would very much like to see pottery and ceramics!!
  • Options
    JMEllis2020JMEllis2020 Posts: 25 Member
    Sewing
    lol I want them all, but sewing fits the most with farming...Forging would come second since you could make horseshoes with that.
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Sewing
    I don't consider forging a farm related thing. That should be in a horse pack with unicorns, pegasus, castles, ect. It just isn't real farm work.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited May 2021
    Archery
    I want forging but couldn't resist archery😁😁
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(