Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Occult VS Family, Which Do You Think Should Get New Packs?

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Antwerpo wrote: »
    CelSims wrote: »
    CelSims wrote: »

But I do understand why people hate the occult packs. When I bought The Sims 4 there was a sale on bundles. So I bought a bundle containing vampires. Back then the game wasn't as finished on consoles as it was today so I shelved the game after playing the game a few hours only to return to the game a few weeks ago. In the beginning I was surprised there were mentions of vampires in the conversation commands and on the computer. Then Vlad showed up, That's when I realized it was because of the small pack I got with the bundle.

That really bothers me and it's just only one occult pack. The reason why it bothers me is because you can't play a game without vampires. I don't dislike the idea of playing with vampires but that would be another story (my saves are called stories). If not for vampires be annoying when you want to play a game without the occult I would have bought the other occult packs as well. Knowing that one occult pack breaks the game for me prevents me from buying the other ones. Once you have them you can't disable them without deleting your game on console and installing it again. Too much work if you want to try a game with one of the occults.

I look at the occult packs as packs I would like to play but I can't buy them or I ruin all the other gameplay I love. They should really fix that and I guess nobody would complain anymore about occult packs as they would not interfere with the gameplay no more.

Both sides Occult and normies need to team up. The packs are not the problem, it's the way you have no control over the packs that is the problem.

This is so irritating. Use the toggles provided in game.
    And you are complaining about the vampire text in conversations and on the computer. A toggle would turn off vampires spawning but I highly doubt it could banish forever all signs of their existence in text. At some point you just have to accept that a pack called 'vampires' is going to mention 'vampires'. I don't find your complaints of the text at all reasonable.

This is so irritating. People that don't read the entire story and then highlight some words and say they are irritated. Oh I can get so upset by such people. >insert drama emoji<

But I'll explain it again for you. I bought a few years ago a bundle. Did not play it enough then, tried it again. Forgot I bought vampires, and notice all that occult nonsense in my Sims game now that I have played it longer than a few hours.

I don't need it explaining. It's quite clear what the issue is. You bought Vampires.
    I'm so sorry that a bit of text is so intrusive. In the real world you will also see references to vampires, I personally would write off the in game computer references as one of those oddball internet websites and simply ignore the option with an eye roll. Do you think having conversation options that you can simply not choose to use is too invasive? NPC sims will never use them.
    One thing that you may not know since you didn't play for a while is a new addition to doors. Click on your front door for the no trespassing options and you will be able to prevent vampire break ins from occurring on that lot. Not that they actually happen any more. Too invasive.

Well you clearly need a lot of explaining as you don't seem to understand what people are saying and just answer with prejudice. You seem to assume I don't know how to lock doors. I know you can lock the door. >insert irritated emoji<

Yes text mentioning Vampires is very annoying. Every time I'm confronted with it I'm remembered how stupid it was to buy a bundle just because it made the City Living I wanted cheaper. I'll never be so stupid again to buy a bundle.

Again EA is missing sales because I would have bought other occult DLC if it was not so intrusive to my normal gameplay.

Except occult activity should be "intrusive" or what I would call the NORM in an occult specific pack. That's the whole reason that occults were given their own packs in the first place. So that players who want occult activity could play with them fully fleshed out and not have to seek everything out on their own. If it's an occult pack, the occult activity should be the default.

That's like me saying Parenthood should be less intrusive when it comes to parenting or correcting kids/teenagers/toddlers when they do something wrong, or that laundry is too intrusive in Laundry Day and that there shouldn't be so many references to it.

I get that you made a mistake when you bought the bundle and I'm sorry you had that experience, but occult activity should be the default (or what you call "intrusive" in an occult themed pack. Period.

So true. I have been playing sims 3 with the supernatural pack and it's so cool that occults are everywhere and they use their powers anywhere. This is what i want in occult packs. In sims 4 spellcasters and vampires don't go around using their powers... not even in their own residential worlds...
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    I think it’s probably pretty obvious what I’d vote for based on my signature!

I’ve always been more of a realist in previous games but something about the Sims 4’s occults just speaks to me - I love how this game gets me out of my comfort zone and has me exploring stuff I never have done before. I think that’s my favourite thing about TS4.

Got to be able to complete some of my story’s characters so werewolves and fairies it is!
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Alternate between them.
    Realism one EP, occults/scifi weirdness next EP.
    Realism one GP, occults next GP.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited May 2021
    BOTH.

I don't really understand the rivalry between these two types of players. I personally play with both occult and realistic (even though I prefer realistic).

Occults have been a part of The Sims since the beginning with Making Magic.

What I ask for both types of playstyle is that they effect the gameplay in MEANINGFUL and SUBSTANTIAL ways, and not be shallow (aka. lazily made mermaids, plantsims, etc.)
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    596x397.3333333333333-789086803473.jpg
    I play with both too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Both? Many of us want both.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    It would be bias of me to say family lol as I'm a family player. However, if I'm to be fair I would say a good mixture on both to cater to both types of players. Since it will be a pack you can choose to buy it or not.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    Why not both they both lacking tbh