Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why are we not allowed to discuss TS2 on the 411 thread?

Comments

• Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,535 Member
    Serious question: Why are we not allowed to discuss that game? Are we supposed to pretend it doesn't exist simply because EA refuses put it Origin so that it can be bought legally instead of people having to resort to other means to get it? Stop pretending TS2 doesn't exist, EA. People (like me) still play it and custom content is still being made for it. So why can't we discuss that game? Afraid people will flock to that instead of this current one?

I'm confused.
    Why not just discuss it on The Sims 2 forum?
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-2-general-discussion
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,970 Member
    edited May 2021
    I see but it is their forum and so it is their rule, but
    greydonn wrote: »
    Here's what I'm talking about. It specifically says we can't discuss #2. I want to know why.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/989179/sims-411-forum-feedback#latest

Oh, well then the answer is clear. It's not meant for Sims 2, it's meant for Sims 4. To talk about Sims 2 would be derailing.

Hmmm not that clear as it said nothing about Sims 3. maybe EA/Maxis feels embarrassed about talking about what Sims 2 had and what Sims 4 lacks. :D
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited May 2021
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    Here's what I'm talking about. It specifically says we can't discuss #2. I want to know why.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/989179/sims-411-forum-feedback#latest

Oh, well then the answer is clear. It's not meant for Sims 2, it's meant for Sims 4. To talk about Sims 2 would be derailing.

Hmmm not that clear as it said nothing about Sims 3. maybe EA/Maxis feels embarrassed about talking about what Sims 2 had and what Sims 4 lacks. :D
    Does that include the Sims 1, the Sims Freeplay, the Sims Mobile, the Urbz, the Sims Social, the Sims Stories series, MySims, and the Sims Medieval as well? XD
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,024 Member
    Look, they didn't mention Sims 1 directly, so that means it's fair game to talk about Torch. Even if it's not, I'm going to mention him anyway. I'm not going to just stand here and let my boy be left behind.
    ugMcxZk.jpeg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,467 Member
    edited May 2021
    "Don't discuss The Sims 2" reminds me of that Fawlty Towers phrase: "Don't mention the war."

Then again. It's a 24 hour feedback session about The Sims 4. Makes sense not to discuss any other title. The reason they specifically mention Sims 2 is because folks constantly go on about how much better that game is compared to TS4. In that case discussing Sims 2 might be a complete waste of those 24 hours. :D

The trick is to ask questions about The Sims 4 and its future without specifically mentioning another Sims game, even if you mean to. Just insert the word "inclusion" or "representation" and you'll be grand. Like so:

"I've been dealing with anxiety and phobias my entire life and I want my life to get better....is there any chance you'll be able to represent folks like me in your game and add something like....FEARS & WANTS or something like that? It will make my life better."

Might work?

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,971 Member
    The trick is to ask questions about The Sims 4 and its future without specifically mentioning another Sims game, even if you mean to. Just insert the word "inclusion" or "representation" and you'll be grand. Like so:

"I've been dealing with anxiety and phobias my entire life and I want my life to get better....is there any chance you'll be able to represent folks like me in your game and add something like....FEARS & WANTS or something like that? It will make my life better."

Might work?

"Uh oh I'm actually dragon and I really wish that I could use the game to represent myself as a whole not just as floating object" :lol:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »

Might work?

"Uh oh I'm actually dragon and I really wish that I could use the game to represent myself as a whole not just as floating object" :lol:

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Scobre wrote: »

Does that include the Sims 1, the Sims Freeplay, the Sims Mobile, the Urbz, the Sims Social, the Sims Stories series, MySims, and the Sims Medieval as well? XD

oh yes those too :D
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    Look, they didn't mention Sims 1 directly, so that means it's fair game to talk about Torch. Even if it's not, I'm going to mention him anyway. I'm not going to just stand here and let my boy be left behind.

“Do you plan to implement better dragon representation in the game at any point in the future”? 😉
  • Options
    "Don't discuss The Sims 2" reminds me of that Fawlty Towers phrase: "Don't mention the war."

Then again. It's a 24 hour feedback session about The Sims 4. Makes sense not to discuss any other title. The reason they specifically mention Sims 2 is because folks constantly go on about how much better that game is compared to TS4. In that case discussing Sims 2 might be a complete waste of those 24 hours. :D

Might work?
    I loved that show. Farty Towels was my favorite sign. I do think everyone does face some kind of fear. Mine is a fear of heights.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Deleted
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    LittleFox2 wrote: »
    OP its TS4 not TS1, TS2 or TS3 topics. I hope there is a moderator on to delete every post that tries to derail the thread.

Why are the little things missed? Inside Maxis is about TS4 base game. Sometimes they may, and barely mind you, touch on or mention other things.

Might work?

Point to where it states that one can't post about 1 or 3 even if those are not being produced anymore. You like mostly everyone else is just speculating until an moderator said the same thing about Sims 1 or 3. Until I see that in writing w/o assuming, Sims 1 and 3 is game and open to talk about.
    Yeah probably best to get clarification about it. User defined rules I take with a grain of salt over the official rules. If people do the user defined rules again like they did with the Ask the Admin thread, going to ruin this communication for everyone again. Only takes some clarification to clear it up. I honestly think it is nice using past games as reference for inclusion for the current iteration on how to improve past experiences. Like with the makeup opacity sliders I used Sims 3 as idea reference before.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Scobre wrote: »
    OP its TS4 not TS1, TS2 or TS3 topics. I hope there is a moderator on to delete every post that tries to derail the thread.

Why are the little things missed? Inside Maxis is about TS4 base game. Sometimes they may, and barely mind you, touch on or mention other things.

Might work?

Point to where it states that one can't post about 1 or 3 even if those are not being produced anymore. You like mostly everyone else is just speculating until an moderator said the same thing about Sims 1 or 3. Until I see that in writing w/o assuming, Sims 1 and 3 is game and open to talk about.
    Yeah probably best to get clarification about it. User defined rules I take with a grain of salt over the official rules.

That the way I see it. :) There was an video that was not posted on this site but it was on Twitter and hence the confusion as it was said in the video. :) It makes me think EA/Maxis cares more about Twitter than it's own site.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    @Goldmoldar I'm not speculating. I'm going off what they said on the last Inside Maxis Sims 411. They only talked about TS4.

Might work?

Feel free to watch the whole short twitch video for clarity or just jump to the end as they clearly tell everyone what it is and what it is not. Now if they decide to change that and allow other things, fair game. But, so far I have not heard or read anything different than what the two Gurus stated.

Seeing the feed from Twitter which I do not frequent I stand corrected but if anything what is said on Twitter should be officially said or posted on this site as to lessen the confusion as some people do not use twitter and OP had not posted an link to that video for I would have not posted what I posted if I had access to the video until now, so I thank you for posting that video and OP, sorry it was put out and it is their forum and rules.
  • Options
    Deleted
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,672 Member
    What is Sims 411?
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,910 Member
    February11 wrote: »
    What is Sims 411?

Hot topics that are discussed at the Inside Maxis livestreams.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/sims-411
  • Options
    Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    411 is also the US number for (all?) most states that you call when you need specific state information.
  • Options
    SamDenny wrote: »
    411 is also the US number for (all?) most states that you call when you need specific state information.
    Canada and the United States: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4-1-1
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,672 Member
    edited May 2021
    February11 wrote: »
    What is Sims 411?

Hot topics that are discussed at the Inside Maxis livestreams.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/sims-411

Thanks for that.

@SamDenny and @Scobre I didn't know that either.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    Informal.the 411, information or knowledge, usually about an event or activity and acquired by oral communication:

Here's the 411 on tomorrow night's party.

Planning for Spring Break in Cabo—what's the 411?"
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    600 comments on the post already... I feel like very few people are gonna get answers to their questions :s
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,441 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    600 comments on the post already... I feel like very few people are gonna get answers to their questions :s

LOL. I am afraid you are right. But that didn't stop me from giving my feedback. There is more chance for me feedback to be read in there than anywhere else on this forum. We can always try...
  • Options
    There were some great ideas posted. So many new members joining to comment.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,467 Member
    Onverser wrote: »

From what I've seen this 411 thread turned into a ginormous Wish-List. Many comments will be ignored.

Sims Team:

“And remember dear community, NO Wish Lists!”

All these new members:

“Dear Santa...”

🤦🏻‍♂️