Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why are we not allowed to discuss TS2 on the 411 thread?

RifftraxRulesRifftraxRules Posts: 145 Member
Serious question: Why are we not allowed to discuss that game? Are we supposed to pretend it doesn't exist simply because EA refuses put it Origin so that it can be bought legally instead of people having to resort to other means to get it? Stop pretending TS2 doesn't exist, EA. People (like me) still play it and custom content is still being made for it. So why can't we discuss that game? Afraid people will flock to that instead of this current one?
Post edited by EA_Leeloo on

Comments

• Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    edited April 2021
    Maybe because it's a thread meant for people to talk about Sims 4.

Where's this thread, anyway? I can't find it.
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    RifftraxRulesRifftraxRules Posts: 145 Member
    Here's what I'm talking about. It specifically says we can't discuss #2. I want to know why.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/989179/sims-411-forum-feedback#latest
  • Options
    Here's what I'm talking about. It specifically says we can't discuss #2. I want to know why.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/989179/sims-411-forum-feedback#latest

Oh, well then the answer is clear. It's not meant for Sims 2, it's meant for Sims 4. To talk about Sims 2 would be derailing.
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    This thread is in the wrong place anyway since it's a sims 4 discussion and not sims 2. Just for the sake of the context in this thread, the obvious may as well be mentioned.
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Does it say we can talk about TS3, but not 2? That's the only way it wouldn't be "fair". But if it's supposed to be to talk about TS3, then there is no reason to talk about TS2.

However, I think it should be ok to bring up a feature that was in TS2 that maybe isn't working well in TS4 and ask about that. I don't know how their rules work.
  • Options
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    Does it say we can talk about TS3, but not 2? That's the only way it wouldn't be "fair". But if it's supposed to be to talk about TS3, then there is no reason to talk about TS2.

However, I think it should be ok to bring up a feature that was in TS2 that maybe isn't working well in TS4 and ask about that. I don't know how their rules work.

I read over the thread, there is no mention of Sims 3.
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited April 2021
    It's not meant for the sims2 or the sims3 either I think, it's a way for them to gather feedback and ideas about what they can talk about on sims 411 which is about the sims4.

I also think both sims2 and sims3 are kinda out of their control anyway, those games are not really supported anymore so only executives and higher ups could give the answers that people would probably ask like "are you going to release the sims2 on origin?" or "will you update the sims3 to 64 bit for PC?". And even then, they can't really answer it because it's a company decision that they have to bring to many other people.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I think they've mentioned 2 as they would have mentioned 3 or 1... they are just saying that it's not supposed to be asking for features from older games. I get them. Usually when this kind of comparison is made the threads get derailed and nothing is acomplished. Because 4 will never be 1, 2 or 3... (this comes from someone that has been rediscovering 3 in the latest weeks and inevitably doing some comparisons... but also from someone that has understood that 4 doesn't have the structure to be any of the older iterations. So just let it be what it is, suggest things that 4's structure may be able to reach to make it better, but really never expect it to be the older ones).
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    I agree with Logion. They're likely expecting a ton of requests for Sims 2 on Origin, and they can't do anything about it because that's out of their control. They're trying to stop those questions now, so people don't waste their limited time asking questions the Gurus can't answer.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited April 2021
    Tbh I don't really know what the 411 is even about..? Can't talk about bugs...can't talk about content requests....what can we talk about? Can I ask why they stopped adding new whims to the game after Seasons?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
    I mean this is a sims 4 forum. i post about the sims 3/2 in their respective forums. However, i do agree- EA should rerelease the sims 2. Luckily for me i have the discs but there are people out there who liked the sims 2 and would want it back on origin.
    Maybe it is out of their control but tell us- "That's for the higher ups to decide, but we will bring your concerns to them". i mean let's face it, if enough people do haave that interest, perhaps they could reconsider.
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    edited April 2021
    they probably just mean its not place to compare ts4 to whichever older sims game and ask why its not like that sims game

or ask things about ts1,2,3 because sims 411 should just be about sims 4 related things they can actually discuss

+ lately trend has been talking about how ts2 is superior in everyway which is probably why that was mentioned separately

though i doubt they want to read any novels about ts3 or 1 either there

basically you missed the whole point of that thread

which is to send them comments to go through during Sims 411 which is livestream section where they only talk about sims 4 so theyll only want comments relating to sims 4
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member

Most likely because the word came down EA is no longer supporting Sims2.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited April 2021
    As @ Sigzy05 said, it seems a bit pointless if you can't talk about content, bugs or peoples wants for Sims 2 on Origin which are probably the main topics people want answers on. What are you supposed to ask, "What's your favorite color"? The only thing I'd want to ask is if they're aware of the bugs that are badly affecting my game, but alas.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited April 2021
    I figured they wanted us to tell them things we would like changed in the game. Like having real babies, and making it where kids can play tag and things together. Just like over the 7 years people have talked about watered down emotions, and they have tried to change it. I’d like to see some more eye colors. We get 16 more eye presets, but no new eye colors. Oh and I want lashes and body hair too.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited April 2021
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I figured they wanted us to tell them things we would like changed in the game. Like having real babies, and making it where kids can play tag and things together. Just like over the 7 years people have talked about watered down emotions, and they have tried to change it. I’d like to see some more eye colors. We get 16 more eye presets, but no new eye colors. Oh and I want lashes and body hair too.

I think that falls into the "wishlist" category that we're not suppose to talk about.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    My interpretation of the upcoming 411 thread is feedback about sims 4 and nothing to do with sims 1,2 & 3. I don’t see what the issue is here.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    I think sims 2 was just an example. I think they don't want us to start comparing to any of the older versions.
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Tbh I don't really know what the 411 is even about..? Can't talk about bugs...can't talk about content requests....what can we talk about? Can I ask why they stopped adding new whims to the game after Seasons?

I am also wondering what I can ask? I can ask why did you go for additional hair color swatches instead of a slider like we have for makeup. But I can't say I want sliders for hair? Can I say I would have preferred sliders over swatches?
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    It was clarified that you can ask about things that increase representation

I'd still try to word it in a way as "I'd like to see people with disabilities better represented" over "I want wheelchairs and prosthetics" because the former is something they can talk about, while the latter is more specific to how it can be better represented.

I mean, I'm planning to ask if they can share any behind-the-scenes stuff about the new game pack which will hopefully have been at least announced if not about to be released by the next Maxis 411. I like learning about the processes behind things.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    As @ Sigzy05 said, it seems a bit pointless if you can't talk about content, bugs or peoples wants for Sims 2 on Origin which are probably the main topics people want answers on. What are you supposed to ask, "What's your favorite color"? The only thing I'd want to ask is if they're aware of the bugs that are badly affecting my game, but alas.
    I'll need some clarification to be sure, I think you can talk about what you think they've done poorly in the past. I actually have a couple of posts prepared ahead of time: one for when and how communication has been poor; and one talking about how themes are often done poorly and then never touched upon again, leaving us with inferior or incomplete gameplay without any hope for updates.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited April 2021
    I'm kind of confused about what can be said also, but I'm assuming so far we are suppose to talk about concerns about what is there in our game right now and what changes can be made to make the broader game better?
    It sounds also like they don't want people to be (bleeped) about stuff and comparison threads or the insufferable spamming for certain content that they can't talk about usually just shuts conversation down. Maybe they are expecting people to act rationally and realistically about the game and seeing if it can happen?
    Personally I'd like to know more about cross pack functionality and keeping up with that for instance. Especially in things like the club function that came with Get Together... Although in a way that is also a content request. I'm hoping for more clarification. I like the idea that there is a thread that we absolutely know will be read... and hopefully closely moderated. I really want more chances for open discourse in the future.

*edited to take out the bleeped word. Maybe I should say they don't want people to act up.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Gordy wrote: »
    . I actually have a couple of posts prepared ahead of time: one for when and how communication has been poor; and one talking about how themes are often done poorly and then never touched upon again, leaving us with inferior or incomplete gameplay without any hope for updates.

*whispers* dragons are on the wishlist that shall not be mentioned
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Well, my daughter & I never experienced Sims 2 except when Sims 2 Castaway was on Wii. That was actually fun. And it would be so cool for it to be put in Sims 4.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Honestly though... this is really how it reads to me so I don't think I'll end up having any comments to share either
    "We’d like to know what’s on your mind when it comes to The Sims"
    - oh yes finally! there is few things that really drive me nuts!
    "what topics you’re interested in"
    -is there hope for things that drive me nuts to stop driving me nuts is it even in realm of possibilities, have you considered it might drive me nuts to have this game mechanic uncontrolled why does it even exist...
    "what your concerns are"
    - neverending randomized townie generation overriding my own sims at everything ruining game experience for no reason and me having no way to turn it off
    " and what you’d like to chat about with us."
    - this. and if there is any hope youll give me a nice tick box to turn townie generation off or let me at least choose some of the npc sims that show up to do stuff
    "oh btw don't talk about any of that"

- oh :/ yeah
    - idk then
    - have a good day i guess
    - very sorry
    - btw is there any possible romance pa- oh right i was supposed to not talk about that either
    - continue having a good day

= this conversation is not very fruitful
    lets just talk about the stuff i don't care very much about

like idk
    -what color was vlads hair before it turned into grey?
    cause that kind of concerns me ?
    cause I have canon it was blonde and he had blonde hair and blue eyes ?
    but some decide he has black hair and....? please solve the mystery?
    "thats still off topic and slightly sounds like troll"
    -oh. yea :/ idk
    I guess my brain is just not wired for this thread
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    It was clarified that you can ask about things that increase representation

I'd still try to word it in a way as "I'd like to see people with disabilities better represented" over "I want wheelchairs and prosthetics" because the former is something they can talk about, while the latter is more specific to how it can be better represented.

I mean, I'm planning to ask if they can share any behind-the-scenes stuff about the new game pack which will hopefully have been at least announced if not about to be released by the next Maxis 411. I like learning about the processes behind things.
    Yeah I plan to try to request tools and themes to represent different groups more. Like superheroes or carnival pack idea for differently abled representation and a club/seasons event based tool for religions so it is more customizable.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller