Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This Is What Happens When You Raise A Teen For 4 Years

simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
edited March 6 in Nominated Threads
I had two birthday celebrations this weekend. My teen aged up to young adult at a small immediate family only birthday party.

YLDdlNz.png

She aged up with a pristine reputation.

9LTUvbM.png

6lbGZFY.png

She also aged up with perfect character values.

wLb5zOc.png

Emotional Control Trait - High Emotional Control Value
Sims who have the Emotional Control Trait can relieve negative moods
by jogging, listening to certain music, blogging on the computer, or
playing an instrument. In general, their negative emotions will go away
faster than other Sims. The rate of decrease for negatives is double the usual value, so these emotions (angry, stressed, embarrassed, sad, bored, and uncomfortable) are far easier to handle. The initial moodlet may be the same, but the removal of negative moods by doing things like listening to music is much faster.

Good Manners Trait - Reward for High Manners
Sims with Good Manners won't want to do any gross manners interactions, at least not in front of anyone. They also have a new Polite Introduction and can gain friendly relationships faster. GoodMannered Sims can also Offer Gratitude to the Host of a house they are visiting. They may get good moodlets from the polite introduction, but that's a side attraction. The increase to friendly relationship gain is a whopping 50%.

Responsible Trait - Reward for High Responsibility
Responsible Sims perform better at their jobs and can teach children and teens how to be responsible. Sims with Responsible seem to work hard by default, and have half the usual chance of getting stressed out doing it. Career chance cards may also be very beneficial to responsible Sims, assuming you pick the good option.

Mediator Trait - Reward for High Conflict Resolution
Mediator Sims have a higher chance at successfully apologizing to other Sims and can Mediate the Forums. They can also mend differences with Sims they have not been friendly with for a long time.

Compassionate Trait - Reward for High Empathy
Compassionate Sims can help other Sims relieve their negative emotions. They can also empathize with them by Sharing Emotional Burdens. However, these Sims get stressed when being Mean.

I'm feeling like a proud parent. :p

Now to decide what she's going to do next.
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    Oh, so that's how long it takes to max out all character values, good to know! :D
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Also, I remember reading that you only (or mainly?) play one family and the Mom is a kind of Supersim? Will you move the daughter out, or at least for a while - to go to Uni or live in a dirt cheap apartment in San Myshuno - or will she stay with the household?
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required

we all try ...
  • Options
    @Netzspannung my original plan was to age her up when Get Famous released and move her to Del Sol Valley to start the acting career. That was almost 3 years ago. 😄. I'm really torn. I don't want to play two households so I need to give it some thought.
  • Options
    I play completely differently, which is why I was curious. But it might be fun to have her explore the world on her own for a while and then move back in, even if it's just during Uni and she lives at the dorms? In any case, I never had a Sim age up with all the character values maxed out, so I expect great things from her. :)

we all try ...
  • Options
    Yes I'm also considering Uni where she might meet her future husband.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I had two birthday celebrations this weekend. My teen aged up to young adult at a small immediate family only birthday party.

YLDdlNz.png

9LTUvbM.png

6lbGZFY.png

wLb5zOc.png

faster than other Sims. The rate of decrease for negatives is double the usual value, so these emotions (angry, stressed, embarrassed, sad, bored, and uncomfortable) are far easier to handle. The initial moodlet may be the same, but the removal of negative moods by doing things like listening to music is much faster.

Sims with Good Manners won't want to do any gross manners interactions, at least not in front of anyone. They also have a new Polite Introduction and can gain friendly relationships faster. GoodMannered Sims can also Offer Gratitude to the Host of a house they are visiting. They may get good moodlets from the polite introduction, but that's a side attraction. The increase to friendly relationship gain is a whopping 50%.

Responsible Sims perform better at their jobs and can teach children and teens how to be responsible. Sims with Responsible seem to work hard by default, and have half the usual chance of getting stressed out doing it. Career chance cards may also be very beneficial to responsible Sims, assuming you pick the good option.

Mediator Sims have a higher chance at successfully apologizing to other Sims and can Mediate the Forums. They can also mend differences with Sims they have not been friendly with for a long time.

Compassionate Sims can help other Sims relieve their negative emotions. They can also empathize with them by Sharing Emotional Burdens. However, these Sims get stressed when being Mean.

This is why I do not understand why people keep insisting that TS4 is shallow and offers nothing for family game play.
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Way to go @simgirl1010 ;) I have tried and can for the life of me not figure out how to work on the emotional control and you maxed that, AweSim :) She will be a very interesting sim to play. I definitely noticed gameplay differences if you work on those values. I had a sim that I taught lots of manners as a toddler and child and when she was a teen if her mom started cooking and she was doing nothing, she would autonomously start setting the table, which I thought was a nice touch :)
  • Options
    ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    Awesome!
    He/Him
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I think that is why Parenthood is one of my favorite packs. I really enjoy playing around with the child and teen trait system in different ways. Fun to do the reverse too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    you know if you want to get some room in your house hold you could use the enlist mod if they don't die there a war hero if they do die free space and its good for your story ether way
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member

That’s brilliant!
    I really like the character value system and hidden trait socials that comes with Parenthood. I confess that I normally cheat those traits onto my sims without going through the parenting process since I tend to avoid raising children in the sims.

Sims do a lot of things autonomously based on these character traits which really adds to their personality. This is the reason why Parenthood is one of my favorite game packs.

I often use the negative traits on my male sims and the positive traits on my female sims. Most females are very well mannered and sincere in my game because they deserve it. My males...well..they’re more like me and awful to deal with.

I’m currently raising one baby girl in my game without cheating, although I doubt I’ll be as good at it as you @simgirl1010 ! It’s the most challenging thing I ever did in the sims and she’s not even a toddler yet. 😂
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 Hang in there, it's challenging but so rewarding.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    BettyNewbie1BettyNewbie1 Posts: 336 Member
    Wow! Was this four sim years, I think this is impressive.
  • Options
    Wow! Was this four sim years, I think this is impressive.

Haha, this was four real life years. :p I've been playing this family for a long time.
  • Options
    That’s brilliant!
    I really like the character value system and hidden trait socials that comes with Parenthood. I confess that I normally cheat those traits onto my sims without going through the parenting process since I tend to avoid raising children in the sims.

Sims do a lot of things autonomously based on these character traits which really adds to their personality. This is the reason why Parenthood is one of my favorite game packs.

I often use the negative traits on my male sims and the positive traits on my female sims. Most females are very well mannered and sincere in my game because they deserve it. My males...well..they’re more like me and awful to deal with.

I’m currently raising one baby girl in my game without cheating, although I doubt I’ll be as good at it as you @simgirl1010 ! It’s the most challenging thing I ever did in the sims and she’s not even a toddler yet. 😂

I'm really looking forward to discovering the new socials.
  • Options
    SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    edited May 2021
    YLDdlNz.png

9LTUvbM.png

6lbGZFY.png

wLb5zOc.png

You have been playing with them for 4 actual years? WOW. I generally take about a week because I rotate. LOL I play a lot of families though so I am constantly doing the things needed to level these traits. Mine are not allowed to age up until all this is complete but I almost always get it all done in the time allotted. Someday I am going to be brave and let the traits go the other way >:) Some of them were also almost global superstars when they aged up LOL I don't really like that but their parents are both famous so they started off with fame. A lot of the time I let the fame lapse completely and have them start fresh as young adults.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Options
    WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    Really good pack. This got me inspired to max all values again, since I achieved this once.
  • Options
    SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    mcrudd wrote: »
    Way to go @simgirl1010 ;) I have tried and can for the life of me not figure out how to work on the emotional control and you maxed that, AweSim :)
    She will be a very interesting sim to play. I definitely noticed gameplay differences if you work on those values. I had a sim that I taught lots of manners as a toddler and child and when she was a teen if her mom started cooking and she was doing nothing, she would autonomously start setting the table, which I thought was a nice touch :)

As children, have them "Wind Down with Classical" on a radio. As teens, they can do that plus "Go Jogging to Clear Mind." Both of these help immensely with leveling that trait.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Options
    A few more to build emotional control.

Having the Self-Assured Trait
    Writing in Journal
    Jog to Clear Mind when in a Negative Mood
    Listen to Classical to Wind Down when in a Negative Mood
    Playing Instruments with Emotion when in a Negative Mood
    Play with Emotion when in a Negative Mood
    Blogging About Feelings when in a Negative Mood
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,970 Member
    I think my maximum number of character traits I had in a Sim was three, Responsible was definitely one of them but I’m not sure about the other two.
  • Options
    nice for real life years cool
  • Options
    FleurraFleurra Posts: 19 Member
    Actual super woman
  • Options
    it must have been a little hard to age her up after so long to you save a young version of her that what I do so I can go back any time I want
  • Options
    it must have been a little hard to age her up after so long to you save a young version of her that what I do so I can go back any time I want

That's a good idea but I didn't think of it.
  • Options
    mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    edited May 2021
    Have you noticed if your children are less likely to throw paint on the floor?
    That really annoys me.

Also, you should get them the scout badges. My Sim paid practically nothing at University
    because she completed the scout badges.

Congratulations!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top