Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Least fav CAS trend?

Comments

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,966 Member
    edited April 2021
    greydonn wrote: »
    Small heads

used to do that before but i don't anymore after i changed from trash computer to computer that plays ultra graphics so there is way more detail

before sims faces just looked like huge balloons no definition unless i turned the head size all way down

but with ultra im like why the heck is everyones head so small :lol:

so maybe thats why

what i have yet to understand though is sims with huuuuuuuuuge heads like they bratz doll or something thats just weird proportions
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    Ray_Trace wrote: »
    Onverser wrote: »
    It's partially not sims related, but the obsession tumblr has with vitiligo is very weird and borderline fetishism. The amount of sims creators on there who use vitiligo and heterochromia as an "aesthetic" is very off.

Wait, that wasn't just a broken mesh CC skin?

It’s definitely a skin detail. There was a point where it seemed like half of the sims you’d see had Winnie Harlow‘s vitiligo (it’s more symmetrical than most), but people are finally broadening their horizons. I usually see vitiligo on black sims or the recolours on berry sims.

I'll be honest...tumblr sims freak me the heck out. Especially that thing they do with the toddler where they size them down and pose them as infants. Their proportions are way off and it's creepy as heck. Been doing it since sims 3 and still doing it now. I avoid Tumblr as much as possible.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    When Sims end up just looking like 1960s/1970s Barbie dolls. I never cared for the blond hair blue eye young adult female only in the Gallery too. I prefer a bit of variety with CAS uploads.
    barbie-evolution-1968-1976.png
    maxresdefault.jpg

The duckface, bitter, and bored poses in gallery too done by pose players:
    029300b09ad5d2b46ca8336cf473c33d.jpg
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,966 Member
    edited April 2021
    Scobre wrote: »
    When Sims end up just looking like 1960s/1970s Barbie dolls. I never cared for the blond hair blue eye young adult female only in the Gallery too. I prefer a bit of variety with CAS uploads.

when my sim doesnt even have blonde hair and blue eyes and barbie fashion but i still feel called out :lol:

possibly cause if u change my main legacy sims out of their victorian clothes and change all the colors
    you might as well have barbie and ken :lol:
    mQuU4KJ.png
    As for blondes with blue eyes... well
    Barbie Vladislava Straud also just aged up to teen
    (didn't edit any of her genetics :) she was blessed with beauty and her mom Judith Ward is very proud)
    s0ydeQx.png
    Yt0Bngb.png
    lucky for you they are not on gallery though :lol:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    orenjiAiorenjiAi Posts: 569 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Scobre wrote: »

when my sim doesnt even have blonde hair and blue eyes and barbie fashion but i still feel called out :lol:

LOL my sim would like to have a quick word with you.
    n3ynDgg.png
  • Options
    eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    Thrior wrote: »
    - Copy-paste faces / everyone is a super model. I especially love how some people go like: "I fixed these townies." which actually translates to: "I erased every unique feature of them and made them all traditionally pretty + stylish". Like, you do you but I don't have to like it. We all have our types so it's no surprise if certain things might repeat in our games (I'm guilty of that too) but I just find it really freaking boring when every sim looks the same. I like some distinct features, not every sim needs to look traditionally beautiful/handsome either. TS4 is the first one in the series which let's you give your sims unique bodyshapes too so I say take advantage of that.

Yeah you see this with the " I gave so and so a makeover" sims. A makeover to me is at most changing clothing, hairstyle, makeup, and sometimes eyebrow shape/thickness. Not actually changing or moving any of the facial structure, nose, mouth, chin, eyes, where the eyebrows sit, body shape, ecetera

Unless it's premades or townies like Candy, or I think Bella is the other one with the unrealistic waistlines/body proportions then I'll change those too, but anything more is just a totally different sim to me and not really a makeover.

I'll give an exception to making certain premades their older versions though, I think y'all know who I'm talking about lol.
  • Options
    ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    @eternalrainn Yeah, I can get behind of adjusting some overblown features but what I dislike is when that means completely erasing them in a way that you can't even recognize the sim anymore and instead they just become another generic pretty face among others. That’s not a makeover to me. Like, if there was some premade sim with an e.g. humongous nose which just made me burst out laughing every time I saw them, I might make that nose a little less radical and a little more immersive but I'd still leave it at something that's considered big. Because a big nose is their distinctive feature and I don't want to erase it.
    (In reality though if a sim who managed to make me laugh like that existed, I probably wouldn't touch them at all cuz I like some laughs lol.)
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,145 Member
    Yeah, the Barbie type and with the combination of #sexy makes me feel awkward, this unrealistic waiste-hip-ratio. I mean, when I was younger I loved Barbie and I was so proud of my Barbie with the very long hair and she could get everything job she wanted, but I think the game mechanics make it clear that these Sims get thick very fast, at least in my game. To be fair it's over a year ago since I downloaded a Sim from the gallery and I used a group of sims with the hashtag sexy for purposes which definitely was not in the mind of the creator.
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,972 Member
    I don’t use the gallery to download Sims. I have noticed CAS trends when googling CC, like if I look for “Sims 4 toddler hair” or “Sims 4 child dresses” or whatever. I’ve noticed vitiligo, toddlers/children looking much older than the actually are with super glossy hair and loads of alpha CC and makeup, the skin overlays where they look like they have permanent colds/bad allergies with bright red noses.

I have some alpha CC, but not a huge amount; I also have a lot of recolours of base game/pack content. My hairs are all Maxis Match. Alpha CC seems like it’s designed to look good for photos, but would probably look weird in-game as it doesn’t fit with the cartoony aesthetic. I remember trying to look for Sims 3 toddler hair and the options were just ridiculous, all really long and glossy styles that often floated in mid air, like they’ve got their own personal pocket of wind to artfully toss their hair. This is a perfect example:

gmctgXX.jpg

I mean sure, these creators have a lot of talent and I wish I could create my own CC/meshes sometimes. But a lot of these entirely alpha CC Sims seem like they’re designed more for artsy photos than to actually be used in game. Instagram definitely seems like a big influence.
  • Options
    Those stupid hair blowing in the breeze was because they had to make the mesh the size of the largest body. This hair is clearly made for adults and the "blowing in the breeze" portion was meant to sit on an adult shoulder. I hated custom hair in TS3. It all looked so stupid.
  • Options
    MElleSimsMElleSims Posts: 77 Member
    I don't know if this counts because it's more of a trend within the game and not by the community, but I hate the tradition of cute shirts having weird cuts at the back, which often happen with new content. Also too much layering and ombres.
  • Options
    MElleSimsMElleSims Posts: 77 Member
    For community cas trends, toddlers that look like 20-year-old models annoy me so much. They have hair longer than their bodies, I swear.
  • Options
    MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    It drives me crazy that we don't have a career tab in CAS. I want to be able to put socks with a work uniform or assign a professional looking updo with a work outfit.

Yeah, there is a way you can use a cheat code to adjust their work attire but I do wish they could just make it so much easier to do it by CAS. As I hate when I've dressed my sims in something really nice only for them to change in a lackluster or unattractive outfit for work, lol.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • Options
    MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    Thrior wrote: »
    I generally don't care what other people do with their games. That's their business. However I, like all others, have preferences and thus I personally dislike certain things. I'm not really aware of "trends" since I don't use the library to download sims but overall these are the type of things I dislike.

- Hyper realism / Alpha CC. Just has this off-putting uncanny valley look which, ironically, ends up looking more fake than realistic. Can work in still images I guess but during gameplay I find it a really ill fit due to how cartoony TS4 is from world design to exaggerated animations and such.

- Toddlers who are so decked up on cc that they look like mini adults instead of toddlers. Some give them like this really long stylish hair and even makeup. Just... no.

- Copy-paste faces / everyone is a super model. I especially love how some people go like: "I fixed these townies." which actually translates to: "I erased every unique feature of them and made them all traditionally pretty + stylish". Like, you do you but I don't have to like it. We all have our types so it's no surprise if certain things might repeat in our games (I'm guilty of that too) but I just find it really freaking boring when every sim looks the same. I like some distinct features, not every sim needs to look traditionally beautiful/handsome either. TS4 is the first one in the series which let's you give your sims unique bodyshapes too so I say take advantage of that.

Now if only S4 would add some height variation. It's especially off putting when you add a famous person based sim or any sim you design but can't give them their distinct look where their height plays a part in that look into your design in CAS.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    Fully skilled sims. Hate it. Hate it. Hate it. I like to play the game and over time build up my sims skills, if they're fully skilled already they're just unplayable for me :s

Yes, I just don't get it. What's the point of having those sims in game? Even as townies — they are everywhere!
    I love sims with some skills though, almost all my uploaded sims have skills and careers. But that's just my way of making them more useful as townies for my saves and they feel more unique imo.

Unpopular opinion — I also dislike skin replacements. They can make sims look cuter, sure, but they make skin so smooth that different presets look the same. I love cheekbones! lol.

Also I don't like teeny tiny waists, to the point when you can't imagine where all the internal organs go. Barbie-like and cartoonish sims are just not my style.
  • Options
    PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    • Odd face and body proportions. I'm mainly referring to proportions that are over-exaggerated or just don't look human like at all.
    • Perfect looking Sims. I just don't care for it as much as I used to, and I actually think the "conventionally unattractive" Sims are charming and endearing in their own way.
    • Alpha custom content.
    • Custom gallery poses.
    • Those "ugly to beauty" challenges.
    • Hashtags or names like "cute girl" "sexy" or "hot guy". I just cringe when I see it.
    • Same face. This is something I found myself doing in the past and I hated it as my Sims didn't feel unique, so now I always use references and the extra face and body preset mods. I see the blonde haired and perfect tan aesthetic a lot.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Options
    JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    edited May 2021
    somewhsome wrote: »
    Fully skilled sims. Hate it. Hate it. Hate it. I like to play the game and over time build up my sims skills, if they're fully skilled already they're just unplayable for me :s

Yes, I just don't get it. What's the point of having those sims in game? Even as townies — they are everywhere!

To fill in some 'employee spots' for mods like littlemssam's auto-employees, sims will need a skill of 5 in various tasks.

But not maxed out, and certainly not in everything.

So... I do go through my townies, pick some of them, and '5 them up' so they will show up as caterers, baristas, comedians, etc and not my played sims when I'm on a different one...
    • Hashtags or names like "cute girl" "sexy" or "hot guy". I just cringe when I see it.

OMG yes.

Anytime in anything, RL or Sim or anywhere, that I see the term 'Baby Girl' I just get annoyed. Unless your sim is a toddler, that phrase is not correct... Same with all the "daddy this and that" stuff which is just somewhere between Epstein and European nobility / inbred backwoods in my mind and all kinds of wrong...

Post edited by Jyotai on
    I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • Options
    I've just found another one: a highlighter (that was added recently) on every single popular sim on the gallery.
    Don't get me wrong, I think the highlighter is cute, but it's overused & also too obvious on these sims, like instagram contouring that looks weird in reality.
  • Options
    I've just found another one: a highlighter (that was added recently) on every single popular sim on the gallery.
    Don't get me wrong, I think the highlighter is cute, but it's overused & also too obvious on these sims, like instagram contouring that looks weird in reality.

Highlighter? Can you post a screenshot? I'm looking at the gallery by 'most popular', 'popular now', and flipping Maxis curated on and off, and not seeing any difference. Wondering what this one is.

I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • Options

I need a picture!
  • Options
    Jyotai wrote: »

Highlighter? Can you post a screenshot? I'm looking at the gallery by 'most popular', 'popular now', and flipping Maxis curated on and off, and not seeing any difference. Wondering what this one is.
    Mstybl95 wrote: »

I need a picture!

I mean this thing on noses
    SwV0RPiVXSU.jpg?size=1122x633&quality=96&sign=6137bf6f231f231627597c17c1aef8f2&type=album
  • Options
    Jyotai wrote: »

Highlighter? Wondering what this one is.

I need a picture!

I mean this thing on noses

Once seen, it cannot be unseen.

Now I'm gonna be looking for that on everything. ;)
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I only play with my own sims or ones from the Maxis packs. I'm too prolific at making sims to need to download any.

I'm not into any extreme trends for sims. The berry sims, extremely ugly sims and "barbie" sims are not for me.

Most of my sims are normalish or beautiful with quirks that make them interesting. My cliche is to have smart, attractive but possibly a bit average sims with strong interests in something or some way in which they have personalities. A lot of them are "spunky", I guess. They usually have back stories of some sort. Sometimes I'll get interested in pre-mades but at this point, they're just joining my existing game. An example would be that I've played with sims like the Elderberries. For a while, Bjorn was very popular in my game. I've also played with Judith Ward and have a whole back story for her; I almost want to age her down a life stage so that she can have a hot mess of a life for longer.

I'm basically not paying attention to any trends. If I want to play a household, I do. Sometimes I'll ignore them a while and then randomly decide to incorporate them.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    simcreator529simcreator529 Posts: 11 New Member
    :the sims skin tones look red
    :alpha cc
  • Options
    EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
    edited May 2021
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    Ray_Trace wrote: »
    It's partially not sims related, but the obsession tumblr has with vitiligo is very weird and borderline fetishism. The amount of sims creators on there who use vitiligo and heterochromia as an "aesthetic" is very off.

Wait, that wasn't just a broken mesh CC skin?

It’s definitely a skin detail. There was a point where it seemed like half of the sims you’d see had Winnie Harlow‘s vitiligo (it’s more symmetrical than most), but people are finally broadening their horizons. I usually see vitiligo on black sims or the recolours on berry sims.

I'll be honest...tumblr sims freak me the heck out. Especially that thing they do with the toddler where they size them down and pose them as infants. Their proportions are way off and it's creepy as heck. Been doing it since sims 3 and still doing it now. I avoid Tumblr as much as possible.

I agree about the tumblr Sims being creepy looking. However, I don’t use Tumbler because they have way too many rules, in my opinion. But then again, I also find Furbies creepy, too.

I am guilty of changing my own Sims to be what I think is beautiful and handsome as well as the townies in my game. That’s just how I prefer to have my Sims look. I also give my Sims the Good, Cheerful and Goofball traits. That way they are more fun to play.
    Post edited by EliteGirl on