Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question about Magnolia Promenade

What do you have on the 40x30 lot in Magnolia Promenade? The other three lots I have a restaurant, cafe, and a spa. This lot feels too big in comparison to the other lots. Right now I have a retail store there but I never use it.

Comments

• Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I have a waterpark I dl'd from the gallery. I thought about just a regular park, but I couldn't find anything I liked and I wasn't in the mood to build anything.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 707 Member
    I have apartment buildings on all the lots in MP.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,915 Member
    aaronrulz wrote: »
    What do you have on the 40x30 lot in Magnolia Promenade? The other three lots I have a restaurant, cafe, and a spa. This lot feels too big in comparison to the other lots. Right now I have a retail store there but I never use it.

I've put a spa on it. At the moment one that Maxis provided with my changes to decoration and with newer objects. The sort of place where you go when you are tired out with shopping! :)
  • Options
    Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    Silandra lives there with her family.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I’m pretty sure my MP looks exactly like it did when I first installed Get To Work.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,425 Member
    I have a mall on that lot. I don't use it that much either, but I had fun building it. :lol:
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,130 Member
    edited April 2021
    For the 40×30 lot, I made a bowling alley/roller rink. The lot type is a restaurant. I also added a few gaming rigs as well. It's a good place for teens to hangout.

All of my Magnolia Promenade is set up for teens. I have a clothing store, cafe, and a basketball court as well.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    xXPandoraXxxXPandoraXx Posts: 28 Member
    I have a shopping mall from the gallery on that lot. The other lots are a cinema, a bridal shop and an antiques shop owned by one of my played sims.
    Let children ride bikes! Let sims have actual one-sided relationships!
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    I have a mock-IKEA, for the unlocked furniture from careers and such. Had a lot of fun decorating that one! Need to update it, with all the new packs I have acquired.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,703 Member
    I very recently added a restaurant there. Seemed out-of-the-way enough for my beleaguered Global Superstar and his girlfriend to go out to dinner. Of course, he was only fooling himself. Not only were her parents in the corner booth behind them, but a fan came up and requested an autograph, after she asked if he was okay. The concert the night before the Teen celebrity had a full-on, complete emotional meltdown in front of God and everybody. :open_mouth: He passed it off as a sudden realization he had a term paper due, but he was here and not there so the show must go on? …
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Can you sell collectibles such as insects, frogs, crystals and metals?
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,425 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    Can you sell collectibles such as insects, frogs, crystals and metals?

It's possible to sell crystals and metals, I have a shop selling them. Don't know about frogs as I've never tried to sell them, but it's not possible to sell aquariums with fish, maybe frogs could be same.
  • Options
    I have a potion store where I have all the insects from OR, in their square jars, for sale.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,990 Member
    edited April 2021
    I also like few others,
    made mall for that lot
    it also has small basement movie theater
    though i also haven't really played it yet either :sweat_smile: too busy with my other lots

have to agree though that lot is too dang big for most lot types in the game

struggling with newcrest mega lot myself now and i can't think of anything reasonable that i have patience to build p_p
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    I made an esplanade on the mega lot in Newcrest.
  • Options
    HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    I pulled a bowling alley from the gallery. I somehow keep showing up there on asked dates by others for the most part but that's fine by me. It's kinda the only reason I find myself popping on over there in the first place so it's welcome.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,555 Member
    Here's mine:
    Magnolia.png?dl=0
    Top left is a consignment store, then the mall - which includes a cinema plus clothing stores. I like to use the cinema when the calendar gives me a movie premiere day, my sims go watch the premiere at the cinema.

Bottom left is a bakery, then an empty retail starter for my sims to begin a business.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,993 Member
    I have a mall I downloaded from the gallery.and then added 2 more stories to. My mall can be a lot of things,,it came with a little shop that sells some of those cracker plushies, i put one of those void critter games there for children to play too. It has a cafe with a small bowling alley, an arcade, a small bookstore, a movie theatre, a restaurant ( diner ), with indoor and outdoor tables snd a bar, a music shop On the second floor I added a small nightclub, a karaoke room with buffet table, a tiny lounge. A room with a podium an chairs. A vampire room with a stage Mark from get famous and staging set up, a wardrobe platform, mirror and all in one styling station, and a flash photo studio. The small top floor has a mini gym and play area for children. The Original with just the bottom floor is called ‘Magnolia Complex’.And it’s easy to add stairs outside for a second floor. It is one of 3 malls I have downloaded in my game.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited April 2021
    I don't remember that specific lot, but I know there's a church/graveyard, flower shop, and a Moschino clothing boutique.

Edit: And wedding shop
    Post edited by IceyJ on
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,447 Member
    edited April 2021
    My magnolia promenade currently features the following lots with a retro vibe :
    - clothing store
    - ikea like furniture store. I will add some of the craftable furniture from eco lifestyle and nifty knitting to this one
    - a cinema with bowling alley
    - a diner/ restaurant
    Here's mine:
    Magnolia.png?dl=0
    Top left is a consignment store, then the mall - which includes a cinema plus clothing stores. I like to use the cinema when the calendar gives me a movie premiere day, my sims go watch the premiere at the cinema.

Bottom left is a bakery, then an empty retail starter for my sims to begin a business.

What a great idea to send sims to the cinema for movie premiere day. I think I will do that next time this holiday comes up.
    Post edited by Atreya33 on
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,410 Member
    I have a gym with outdoor yoga class and a pool
    screenshot-2021-03-09-13.32.55.png
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,380 Member
    My Magnolia Promanade has 3 industrial residential lofts and a diner on the smallest one. :) I keep telling EA I'm running out of room, but do they listen, nope, so I put residential where I can.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,108 Member
    @musteni is that gym lot on the gallery?
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,410 Member

@aaronrulz It's actually a park called High Palms Oasis by OrangePlumbobs. I just uploaded the gym version of it too, my origin ID is musteni :)
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,108 Member
    musteni wrote: »

@aaronrulz It's actually a park called High Palms Oasis by OrangePlumbobs. I just uploaded the gym version of it too, my origin ID is musteni :)

thanks!