Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a way to start a new game without creating a sim?

I've tried and searched but can't figure out how to start a new game without creating a new sim first. I want to start a new game and play with one of the pre-existing households.

Comments

• Options
    camman1995camman1995 Posts: 900 Member
    No, but just give a name and some traits to the default sim the game loads, plop them in a house, go to Manage Worlds to pick a pre-made household, and if you don't want them to stay there while you play the pre-mades you can evict them.
  • Options
    dark5id3dark5id3 Posts: 2,476 Member
    Or you could save your pre-existing family to your library. Then when you start a new game, you can start with them.
    2rxu2ph.png
  • Options
    litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    Yep its tricky but doable.
    make a random throw away sim

Go ahead and put them on an empty lot
    Go to Options Menu, manage world. Merge your new sim with the premade house you want to play
    Go to that house, then do manage world again then click on the lot select More then manage household.
    Click on the household picture, the the edit icon. This takes you into cas
    Click on the throw away sim, hover over the thumbnail pic and you get the option to delete the sim.
    Click the play button and close the manage world windows, then play your family

There has to be an easier way, but if there is I havnt come across it yet

• Options
    AkemiAkemi Posts: 2 New Member
    In your Main Menu select 'Create New Household' then if you already have a family created, just go to 'Open Gallery' > 'My Library' and select the family you want to play. In the new window, click in the 'Place Household' button (right inferior corner) and select 'Replace' to use that family OR Merge, if you want it added to the family/sim being made.
    Hope it helps ;)
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I started a new game and in CAS I imported maxis made Sims from the gallery. I used Ollie and his sister and put them into one of the 2 bedroom starter homes. I think I had to used freerealestate cheat.

Then I fixed everything in the hoods to my liking and added some houses I built and got the hoods the way I like them. I built a pool at one of the parks and added a telescope etc.

Then I saved the game as "game one" then again as "game two" and so one. I never played the saved "game one". It is my model.

Now every time I want to start a new game I already have the town the way I want it and just load a save. Or I load saved "game one" and save as "My Legacy One" or whatever I want to name it. Then exit back to the main menu and choose load game and it's a fresh copy ready to play without going to CAS first.

Don't have to edit the town. It's always ready!
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    ChrSm203 wrote: »
    I've tried and searched but can't figure out how to start a new game without creating a new sim first. I want to start a new game and play with one of the pre-existing households.

To actually answer your question simply - NO
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,454 Member
    They should add this feature in via a patch because I don't like to create a sim everytime I start a new game. Sometimes I just want to play with the townie households.
  • Options
    kingkong192kingkong192 Posts: 953 Member
    There needs to be!
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,829 Member
    They should add this feature in via a patch because I don't like to create a sim everytime I start a new game. Sometimes I just want to play with the townie households.
    ^yes please^
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    I really wish there was! I like to play with pre-mades especially when I get something new into the game. Someone who's on the forums should bring that up in the next SimGuru chat.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,454 Member
    I really don't think they would have a hard time patching this in. They've changed the UI so they could do this.
  • Options
    kingkong192kingkong192 Posts: 953 Member
    I really don't think they would have a hard time patching this in. They've changed the UI so they could do this.

I agree, maybe it will happen on V-day or with the expansion pack
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    AnnLee87 wrote: »
    I started a new game and in CAS I imported maxis made Sims from the gallery. I used Ollie and his sister and put them into one of the 2 bedroom starter homes. I think I had to used freerealestate cheat.

Then I fixed everything in the hoods to my liking and added some houses I built and got the hoods the way I like them. I built a pool at one of the parks and added a telescope etc.

Then I saved the game as "game one" then again as "game two" and so one. I never played the saved "game one". It is my model.

Now every time I want to start a new game I already have the town the way I want it and just load a save. Or I load saved "game one" and save as "My Legacy One" or whatever I want to name it. Then exit back to the main menu and choose load game and it's a fresh copy ready to play without going to CAS first.

Don't have to edit the town. It's always ready!

Oh wow....what a great idea! I'm going to do this. Thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    Dancejc2791Dancejc2791 Posts: 5 New Member
    I truly wish they would have fixed this by now. I rarely play on a self-created sim because I love the townies!
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    This is a feature I wish they would add, @SimGuruDrake could you pass this to the appropriate team pretty please? <3:)
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    SomeChick1SomeChick1 Posts: 535 Member
    I'm surprised you would want to. I never play the townies or default In game Sims. I usually evict most of residents and move in families from my library or from the gallery when I start a new game. I keep a couple of the Windenburg families but I can't stand to see Don Lothario coming. Or worse Liberty Lee and that goofy walk. lol. Ugh, somebody feed her to a cowplant so I don't have to look at her anymore!

@AnnLee87 That is a great idea to have a starter game. It takes me forever to set up my games before I start a new one. Thanks for the suggestion!
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,619 Member
    I tried to do this to ChrSm203. I don't understand why they didn't make it so you could go to the neighborhood without needing to create a sim. It might be something left over from Olympus (maybe?).
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    GoFeeshGoFeesh Posts: 4 New Member
    So 6 and a half years later I find this thread because apparently this is still not possible? Major bummer.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    GoFeesh wrote: »
    So 6 and a half years later I find this thread because apparently this is still not possible? Major bummer.

It's not. The devs talked about coding it in but they never got around to adding this feature....
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    I wish we could. It irritates me that I have to have a sim in my blank world and when I'm only building, it takes me to the world where they live instead of where I last built.
  • Options
    MJemmaMJemma Posts: 6 New Member
    Hello!! I’m a uni student studying The Gaming Community! I’ve made a 2-minute survey (10 questions) and it would help a fellow gamer out if you could give it a go! It’s centered around the negative attitudes in the community so if you have anything you want to share then here is an opportunity!

So many thank you’s if you do take the time xxxxxx

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/BSYCTXM
  • Options
    AelfreyAelfrey Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm here with this question, as well. I'm preparing my base save, and I just want to go to the neighborhoods to start building and placing sims I've already made. While it might seem like I could just start with one of those households, I don't want an active household to start with. I wish they'd add this feature!
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Aelfrey wrote: »
    I'm here with this question, as well. I'm preparing my base save, and I just want to go to the neighborhoods to start building and placing sims I've already made. While it might seem like I could just start with one of those households, I don't want an active household to start with. I wish they'd add this feature!

Almost 7 years later and this is still a desired request from many players .... but the answer is No, you can not just immediately jump into the neighborhood to start building.

But a work around is to create a sim and place them in a different world and save it as your "start up" file, then when you load that save, it will load to that world but you can easily just pick the desired world to build in without a sim being required.
  • Options
    Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    edited April 2021
    I think the closest you can get is to create a save to copy from whenever you want to start a new game without making a new sim.

Make one Sim and then move in at a vacant lot and immediately pause the game.
    Go to Manage Worlds, choose the lot with your new Sim, then click on the dots and choose Manage Household. Delete the household.
    Save your game. Return to the Main Menu.
    Go to the Load Game screen, choose the save you just made, and rename it with something suitable, such as New Game Template.

You can now load that save whenever you want to start a new game without creating a Sim. I would recommend using Save As immediately after loading it, so you don't accidentally overwrite your base save after making changes. You should have all the default houses, Sims, and community lots. It might even still be 8 a.m. if you were quick enough pausing the game.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    An unfortunate, all too long lived legacy of the online roots of the game, and what we have to look forward to if the dire rumors are true. At least we have the work-arounds mentioned. One does wonder why (other than the usual excuses) they've not fixed this after all these years