Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can I get any more free items out of this plan?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    tallcoolonetallcoolone Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited April 2021
    @waterywatermelon - You're welcome! I'm glad you got the stuff you wanted. Don't forget to look at the Featured Looks, I noticed at least one of those goes on DD too.

I have Sunlit Tides and it's confusing because it's a circle, but in a good and fun way! Seriously I went online and searched to get a map (and found one!), I was constantly lost, especially at night, I've never had that in any other town. The whole theme is nautical, the artwork on the new buildings is of course incredible in step with most of what EA does, with nice lots and thatched roofs and a casual feel with the new street lights. Lucky Palms has had some issue with the fountain and I'm not sure if it still exists or not. I don't even know if just removing that fountain solves it. I've read that there's some issue with the how high the hot air balloon goes in Aurora Heights, it looks intriguing but expensive given what's new in it. Given how old this game is, I think they should all be cheaper at this point.

I've never gotten lucky on MMAO, I can't even recall one time that I got a deal from it. It always seems to give me stuff I have no interest in, but I think you don't have as much content as I do so you might get something!
    My Page https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/tallcoolone
    Send me a friend request for Simport

• Options
    waterywatermelonwaterywatermelon Posts: 473 Member
    @tallcoolone Okay... gonna check the Featured Looks.

I think I will narrow down to Lucky Palms, because I already have a tropical world called Isla Paradiso, and that one comes with Island Paradise; and there is a free, player-made Scandinavian-inspired world. I already have the Aurora Skies walker purchased from the Sale! page; and there is a similar playpen on AroundTheSims3. From what I've seen in LifeSimmer's Review Video of Aurora Skies, the Hot Air Balloons works like a teleporter, and it basically teleports your Sims to a destination. There is actually no traveling by Hot Air Balloon.

The Make Me An Offer machine has once given me the Castle Kit, The Banner of the Bold, Lord and Lady Loveseat, Oval Gothique Painting and Gearbuster Door; and I gladly snatched up the offer because I had free bonus SimPoints at the time earned from the sponsors, and I loved the overall style.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    @jojie4 The 10% comes off the first item you get in a set, it kicks off the CYS amount. It also deducts a high percentage of the item, not the full value. I've read that it's 90% but I think it's not as consistent as that, I could be wrong. There's also rounding. Here's an example. To begin the 1219 set you got the 61 point skirt. You said earlier your CYS price was 1,040 after that. On 1,219 the discount is 121 which leaves 1,098. The credit for the 61 pt skirt would be 6 pts less (90%) so 55 pts. That put you close to what you read as the CYS at that time (1040), 1043....difference could be rounding or what that skirt discount actually is. At purchase, it's a % off the set price. I don't think I'm telling you anything you don't already know though.

I think you should leave 2 everyday teen things on your wishlist. But, it's not MINE LOL I found your wishlist easy to deal with.

When I was looking for my own stuff to be coming up on DD, I noticed at least 2 things on DD for Runway Riot.
    Post edited by tallcoolone on

• Options
    jojie4jojie4 Posts: 66 Member
    edited April 2021
    I've gotten Lunar Lakes at about 25% off and the multitab for 149sp (each plus some extras, I actually got the window from quaint cottage that I liked with Lunar lakes) on MMAO. I keep getting gold for Midnight Hollow, though. Sigh.

@tallcoolone That's what I keep reading but I think there is a slightly varying percentage on the items. I did just remember on the DD spreadsheet, though, there is a CYS for free tab. I will add back a couple of everyday teen things, because I need to get my CYS down to 665sp. So I need 80sp more off. Futureshock kitchen needs 265sp for cys, so 55sp down for that one. Country livin will be free with 999sp for cys. That means I need 351sp credits on that one. After the 3 DD coming up for that for 26sp, I still need credit for about 275sp more of items. I'm trying to trim my list on these sets so that I don't get more than I need. Efficiency.

I'm a bit torn on runway riot, though, as there were lots of complaints about quality control on it.
    Post edited by jojie4 on
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    @tallcoolone I do refresh it every few minutes, still takes a while though. I have 577 pages (viewing 16 a page) for it to load, and I complain about this every now and then. If I want something that is mine, I have to go to the last page, and go backwards (12 pages is all I have of my stuff, there might be some in between though).
  • Options
    @waterywatermelon Glad the greenhouse helped. I was worried about gifting that to you. I really don't wanna mess up anyones DD and stuff (since I know nothing about that stuff, that is probably why I stuck to the "Gifting Directory" all those years, and just go by their top 5 choices) :D
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    What I intend to get in the future:

- DD #65: Level Up Collection Free
    - DD #92: Technophobe no more Free(?)
    - DD #150: Caterpillar Wall Hooks (11/28) :mrgreen:
    - DD #336: Man Cave Compilation Free

I am just going to purchase the Caterpillar Wall Hooks in order to lower my SimPoint Balance to 0.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    @tallcoolone I do refresh it every few minutes, still takes a while though. I have 577 pages (viewing 16 a page) for it to load, and I complain about this every now and then. If I want something that is mine, I have to go to the last page, and go backwards (12 pages is all I have of my stuff, there might be some in between though).

@FairyGodMother LOL, I know what you mean, mine is scattered throughout and it was quite a chore getting all the promo stuff out that is only retrieveable through the history, so I have had to download from there before to make it more efficient.

There was discussion long ago when people started getting hard to load histories that EA never thought they would get this full. I had to search for some stuff that was in the middle recently to get my PETS bonus content (the pet store) out and that was a chore, but at least we do have the option to put more than that on those pages (I THINK it's up to 64?, do look for that if u have to DL again!) and I know, it times out and you have to go back in again, etc. If EA were to backup my content for me and sell it to me on a disk or thumb drive before they take the servers down, I WOULD buy it. :)

• Options
    edited April 2021
    @jojie4, that's strange, I haven't used ALL of the content from Runway Riot but I don't have any issues with the ones I do, I love all the hairs in that set and I use the Tight Tee all the time. Too many goofy clothes for men in the game, so I'm glad to have some of the better store stuff that dilutes it.

So you did get the other skirt? I didn't check my own purchase history to see if that ever went through, I often don't pay attn to the points. Also, is the compilation down now? I wasn't even trying to get that set and it fell mostly because of the toddler stuff set.

I didn't want to start this discussion in the Complete Your Set thread, but now to get your sims to wear the new stuff, I would have my kids or teens hang out at the salon (during the salon hours) and do their homework or the teens might be able to even invite their friends there and restyle them. For sure adults can style other adults, but if a sim from your house is there, OTHERS from the town will go to and if u ignore them, they'll find something to do, like get styled. :) When you see them prancing on the styling station platform, ESPECIALLY the guys, it's hilarious. I'm not guaranteeing that they will look better afterward though :) LOL

• Options
    @tallcoolone thank you so much, I never thought of that. I just put it on 64 pages to load at a time, and it brought it down from 577 pages to 145 :o:D I will try it later and see if its any faster loading up!
  • Options
    My own purchased history only goes up to 4 with 64 items per page set.
    If I were to view everything with 16 items per page set, then I would have 14 pages to load.
  • Options
    I don't think it matters if its on 16 or 64 pages. It took me 10 minutes for it to load (about the same time whether it was 16 or 64 per page). It's still loading now, so I think I sent the gifts that didn't go through the first time, and the sim points came off, so I am ready to quit my spinning wheel of a purchase history and go play my game :D
  • Options
    @tallcoolone I did get the skirt. It's really pretty, too. I will try the salon approach.

That's good to know. All that I found was from 2010, but people said the hair and some other stuff didn't look right. It may be due to older computers. I don't find midnight Hollow dark at all on mine, but lots of people said that, too. I will have to look at the dd for those, then. A bunch really will look good with Lunar Lakes. And a not goofy looking tee for men will be awesome.

The compilation cus is down to 525, but doesn't go on dd. The teen set says 715, but with the dd I will only need like 98sp more.
  • Options
    CoriandreCoriandre Posts: 90 Member
    @waterywatermelon Great that you got best of 2012 ! If you are still missing items from the Fabulous Fiesta, April 2012 should be free for you. Also, look at DD#59 Eloquently Eclectic later on today. It will be free for you.

@jojie4 Math is hard on these deals sometimes and does not always makes sense. Best of 2012 is a good example as just owning the Stone’s throw greenhouse brings the CYS price to 35sp on this over 5000sp compilation. I do believe the 90% is calculated on the DD price as a few deals I was expecting to be free were not.

I am working towards Beach Bummin’ and Mid Century dinning and style set myself. One with nature is an other set I like but have to rely on MMAO for it as no items ever come to DD. You can get some amazing deals on MMAO but they are few and far in between. I’ve never seen worlds offered on this over 30% off so Sunlit Tides with 54% off on DD is the best bet.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    @FairyGodMother, OH WOW, TYYYYYY, that is so much and of course I love what you picked!! I was hoping some of this would come up on MMAO but it hasn't and that won't be an issue now! This is so weird, that RnR Jacket and shirt you picked is EXACTLY what I want for my next sim who is going to be a real estate mogul. But, there's another reason I would have gotten it soon, I'm doing photos of my girl sims in a shirt and sweater called Pearl Draped. There's one for an elder, adult and a teen. So I wanted to do a 3 generation photo with those as soon as my sim's baby grows into a teen. With the RnR, there's one for elders, one for adults, one for teens. I have the other ones ready to go, so I'll do 3 gen pics with them too, in matching clothes! AWESOME that you picked that one! :)

My sim has 7 kids and 2 will possibly be getting those cute little dresses! OHHHHH but don't worry about her, she's free as a bird. They have 7 different dads (LOL) and don't worry about THAT either, only of those 4 fathers are married to others! Well, another one was in a relationship that my sim wrecked but I got better at getting away with it after that! I merged them into their father's households and she goes to their houses to train them as they're now turning to toddlers :) I usually always get to pick their traits as they age to kids but this is going to be more fun and random. Since they'll be completely trained the game SHOULD pick positive traits for them. Don't call her names, she is mostly blameless in this, EA let her do it!

YES, you SHOULD play :) Happy Easter! :)
    Post edited by tallcoolone on

• Options
    edited April 2021
    @Coriandre I received the wall mirror as a gift from @FairyGodMother . This lowered the CYS price even further, allowing me to afford the Fabulous Fiesta for just 25 SimPoints. I also got the April 2012 Compilation free.

Okay, I will check DD#59 Eloquently Eclectic later today.

Actually, I change my mind. The DD#59 Eloquently Eclectic collection will be on the DD in 8+ hours, and that means right within my sleep time. Plus, the items are not my style at all. So, meh.
  • Options
    jojie4 wrote: »
    @tallcoolone I did get the skirt. It's really pretty, too. I will try the salon approach.

That's good to know. All that I found was from 2010, but people said the hair and some other stuff didn't look right. It may be due to older computers. I don't find midnight Hollow dark at all on mine, but lots of people said that, too. I will have to look at the dd for those, then. A bunch really will look good with Lunar Lakes. And a not goofy looking tee for men will be awesome.

The compilation cus is down to 525, but doesn't go on dd. The teen set says 715, but with the dd I will only need like 98sp more.

@jojie4
    I just saw the cheap price of that set....plus it has pieces on DD and the set goes on DD. I'll show you some that I have photographed
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5859257 My sim Felix is wearing the Tight Tee. Has a DD
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5859198 This one is wearing the Bunchy Jeans. I didn't notice a DD

I think there's more but I found them in another place and they're front and back pics. There's more there, I like them all, use them all.
    https://simsvip.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/The-Innocent-Style1.jpg
    https://simsvip.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/The-Professional1.jpg
    https://simsvip.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/The-Progressive-Style1.jpg

I'm recalling possibly something about the collar on the Electo-Top....I don't think I've ever had a sim wear that and I haven't noticed anything weird about it.

• Options
    @tallcoolone I looked at the dd stuff for this set after you said you haven't had any problems. I am going to work those through until the next cycle, I think, to get that really good price on it.
  • Options
    @waterywatermelon I just wanted to remind/let you know level up will be on daily deal in just a few hours.
  • Options
    @jojie4 Yep, I got my timer set.