Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can I get any more free items out of this plan?

waterywatermelonwaterywatermelon Posts: 473 Member
This is my plan.

I have already gotten the Deep Fryer for 140 SP on the DD (cheapest price on the DD). Now, I am just waiting for:

#948 Brunch at Old Mill 442 SP
#173 Ice Cream Maker 250 SP
#334 CowPlant 186 SP
#892 Killer Classics Free

I only have 889 SimPoints to spend, so if everything goes according to plan, then I would have 11 SimPoints left over.

Both the Deep Fryer and Ice Cream Machine are part of the Fabulous Fiesta! collection. So, I may be able to get a huge deduction in price, or maybe the whole set will become free on the DD?

Comments

• Options
    CoriandreCoriandre Posts: 90 Member
    Look at the links I gave you in your other post to find the best paths and do cascades.

Look at a way to get the best of 2012 compilation. In this cascade you will get Killer classic and Fabulous fiesta (plus a ton of items). You dont need to own the deep fryer or the Ice cream machine to get Fabulous fiesta for free.
  • Options
    Coriandre wrote: »
    Look at the links I gave you in your other post to find the best paths and do cascades.

Look at a way to get the best of 2012 compilation. In this cascade you will get Killer classic and Fabulous fiesta (plus a ton of items). You dont need to own the deep fryer or the Ice cream machine to get Fabulous fiesta for free.

Eh? The Killer Classic and Fabulous Fiesta sets aren't part of the Best of 2012 compilation set.
  • Options
    Yes, because they open up April and January 2012. You will get massive discounts on these by getting the Best of 2012.
  • Options
    Coriandre wrote: »
    Yes, because they open up April and January 2012. You will get massive discounts on these by getting the Best of 2012.

Eh?

You are suggesting to get the Best of 2012 first, then the April and January 2012 sets, which may include the Killer Classics and Fabulous Fiesta sets?

In any case, I guess it's too late for that.

I already have purchased the Deep Fryer for 140 SP and the #948 Brunch at Old Mill for 442 SP. My next purchase will be:

#173 Ice Cream Maker 250 SP
    #334 CowPlant 186 SP
    #892 Killer Classics Free
  • Options
    An alternative is to get the:

31 ) Rim Rockin' Basketball Hoop / 130
    65 ) Level Up Collection / Free
    336 ) Man Cave Compilation / Free

That may be more worth it than the Cow Plant and Killer Classics, which are just repeats from TS2.
  • Options
    jojie4jojie4 Posts: 66 Member
    I just posted a question on the cheapest way thread, that if I am correct, will yield the ice cream maker and all of fabulous fiesta for free for only 71sp (by following like 4 daily deals to get the haute hacienda kitchen). I have the deep fryer, too. That would save you 149sp, and make your total 160sp. That's enough on a daily deal to possibly get something else that cascades.

The Man Cave Compilation waterywatermelon just shared is good. I am planning to do that one. It has the basketball hoop, free throw machine, climbing wall, a fair amount of sports memorabilia (good for a teen boy's room, I think), a pinball machine (not the considered "premium" like the Atomic Jack, but I am pretty sure if works the same way, and new tv, gaming console, and foosball things.

You could also get the Hibachi grill thing on DD546 for 150sp, which can get the Itadakimasu dining if that's more your thing.

I am waiting for confirmation, but the full value of haute hacienda kitchen is more than the CYS price of 455sp. You can check the cheapest thread, too, for using up 160sp in other sets if you don't like these.
  • Options
    tallcoolonetallcoolone Posts: 6,918 Member
    Did you decide which way you're going @waterywatermelon? I had to buy more points to get Amore, so I can help some.
    My Page https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/tallcoolone
    Send me a friend request for Simport

• Options
    11 ) Homecoming / 779 / 1900 / 59% / 2 hours This is coming up for sale soon @jojie4. What is the percent you own?

• Options
    I see the Homecoming at 2:27 a.m. I don't own anything on this one yet. If I wake up I may try to make a go of it, but I am trying to ration out my current simpoints. I have country living and the man cave compilation, as well as the fabulous fiesta. I should have around 900 more sp left to spend with those three.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Yes @Jojie4, that's the same thing I was doing before I saw that I needed more points and managed to get a purchase through Origin. I just timed out trying to gift you the green dress. I'll keep trying but would you prefer something from a set that goes up when you're awake that you have more from?
    I'm pretty sure I got Everyday Teens easily by using this compilation. Do you have anything from this one? https://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:43480&section=UpSell

ETA The prom stuff went through and I just picked one thing from Everyday Teens that I like having in my game. Have fun, good luck!
    Post edited by tallcoolone on

• Options
    Thank you @tallcoolone. That's a hard one, but my poor sims are rather desperate for new prom clothes, so the green dress would be amazing either way.
  • Options
    @jojie4 Just remember that when purchasing a set in which you do not own anything, you have to purchase an item (preferably the cheapest one) first to start the CYS function. This will give you 10% off the price of the set plus 90% off the full price of the item you own.
  • Options
    You may also be able to use your Book of Spells along with the cauldron to Enchanted Dark Dealings really low DD#18 162sp. It says DD#19 for Enchanted is 260 sp, but the book should be worth 355sp's at 90% of it's original value. That makes more magic free. Then with the cow plant (or any 180sp), it makes killer classics and the entire January 2012 free. I think that may end up 2sp over, so if you want to get some of the other items in the compilation on daily deal, that total 200sp , for the 90% (not in total spent, just in full value), you also have the option of the rest of the "magical" items plus a couple of clothing pieces. I'm not sure if you might be interested in that for your play style. This deal might also be able to be used for best of 2012, since you own the gardening station. It would probably depend on complete your set prices. That one is a bit complicated for me, though. If it pulls it to free, you could also get the teppanyaki grill and the dining set that goes with it. It would depend on your cys price for best of 2012. Just another (best of being possible) options that might work. I have heard the greenhouse and grill alone can make cys free for best of 2012, so the gardening station might work with the bundle. Or it might work with the full itadakimasu. But someone with more knowledge than me on how that compilation works would need to chime in.
  • Options
    @waterywatermelon I just realized you are the original poster as well. I got it confirmed that the kitchen thing for ice cream will work.

* Haute Hacienda Kitchen, 71/608 sp
    - DD #189: Talavera Tile Wall Mirror (27/81)
    - DD #400: Talevera Tile Island (28/68)
    - DD #735: Cantina Canister (16/50)
    - DD #845: Haute Hacienda Kitchen (free)

I know it isn't quite as simple as just buying the ice cream maker, but it isn't a ton of deals to watch for, in a single rotation, but it does make room for another set/compilation.
  • Options
    I feel like I am overdoing the thread, but I just realized I did my math incorrectly with the 71sp. It would actually save 179sp so you would have 190 to use. So a tad bit more to work with.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    @jojie4 OMG, thank you so much!!!

I am definitely going to use that plan of yours and save some SimPoints! I can afford to wait. Every SimPoint is precious.

- DD #65: Level Up Collection Free
    - DD #92: Technophobe no more Free(?)
    - DD #145: Edwardian Expression Kitchen - Graceful Gelatin Taste and Style Sculpture (11/25 sp)
    - DD #336: Man Cave Compilation Free
    Post edited by waterywatermelon on
  • Options
    jojie4 wrote: »
    I feel like I am overdoing the thread, but I just realized I did my math incorrectly with the 71sp. It would actually save 179sp so you would have 190 to use. So a tad bit more to work with.

Eh? So, what would the total price be?
  • Options
    Oh the 250 down to 71 for the ice cream maker. For some reason I did it as 149 instead of 179. Then I was adding back the 11 leftover in your original plan. So 190-130 for the basketball hoop = 60sp left. You already mapped out your path, so you know where you end up. Per the cheapest thread, yes, the Itadakimasu dining set will be free since you already own the grill.

I'm really excited I was able to help you map out the best way to get everything you posted, including the alternative. No deciding between man cave and cow plant. Plus it's only 10sp over the absolute cheapest for fabulous fiesta, so it's not like the deep fryer sent us way off course. I have spent a lot of time lately trying to figure out how to squeeze everything I want out of my sp.

Oh fun fact about the old mill (I got it on the last deal, too). You can use tomatoes in the canning station to make ketchup, but you can only use it on scones or toast like jam. Also, if you have a world adventures food register, it will now serve scones and toast (looks like an empty plate in the list but shows up when you order). I put one in my old mill venue, so it's like a full restaurant. I just hope not too many sims eat too many non suitable meals.
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I was stalking this thread last night and, boy did I get confused! I did send a few gifts out (finally) but wasn't sure if it helped much on the cascades, lol.
    I need you all to be blunt about what you need to get that awesome cascade you are working on. I am all for anyone using the DD to achieve that. It saves both of us loads of simpoints :D
    Let the cascades begin?
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    @jojie4 OMG, thank you so much!!!

I am definitely going to use that plan of yours and save some SimPoints! I can afford to wait. Every SimPoint is precious.

- DD #31: Rim Rockin' Basketball Hoop 130
    - DD #65: Level Up Collection Free
    - DD #189: Talavera Tile Wall Mirror (27/81)
    - DD #334: CowPlant 186 SimPoints
    - DD #336: Man Cave Compilation Free
    - DD #400: Talevera Tile Island (28/68)
    - DD #489: Itadakimasu! Japanese Inspired Dining (premium content is owned, so maybe the whole set would be free?)
    - DD #555: Country Carved Tableware Cabinet (7/28 sp)
    - DD #735: Cantina Canister (16/50)
    - DD #748: More Magic! (Book of Spells is owned, so maybe the whole set would be free?)
    - DD #845: Haute Hacienda Kitchen (free) + Fabulous Fiesta! (free)
    - DD #892: Killer Classics (free) + January 2012 Compilation (free)

Total: 394 SimPoints (I currently have a total of 433 SimPoints to spend, so if I follow this plan, I will have 39 SimPoints.)

NOTES:

Palace of Versailles
    - Morning in the Garden Dress 75 SimPoints

Best of 2012 Compilation
    - Check the CYS price after all of the above.

The spell book isn't in More Magic, only the Enchanted Bundle of Dark Dealings. Which is dd19. I would check that one, it's coming up soon. I think you would need the cauldron for that one to be free, though. It doesn't hurt to check the cys price, though. You can also always try the wishlist and cys threads in the gifting section to get other pieces. I just wish sale items could be gifted.

Edit-I can do this now. Yay.
    Fabulous fiesta should be free on the dd now that you have the ice cream machine. Nothing else needed. So you have 71 more so to work with.
    Post edited by jojie4 on
  • Options
    @FairyGodMother Thanks a lot!

Now, the Fabulous Fiesta! set is 100 SimPoints, simply because I now own:

- Haute Hacienda Kitchen - Old Town Refrigerator (purchased with free bonus SimPoints back in the day on the DDs)
    - Sizzle Baby Pro Deep Fryer (purchased recently on the DDs at lowest price)
    - Frost-Bite Pro Ice Cream Machine (Store gift item from you)
  • Options
    Yes @Jojie4, that's the same thing I was doing before I saw that I needed more points and managed to get a purchase through Origin. I just timed out trying to gift you the green dress. I'll keep trying but would you prefer something from a set that goes up when you're awake that you have more from?
    I'm pretty sure I got Everyday Teens easily by using this compilation. Do you have anything from this one? https://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:43480&section=UpSell

ETA The prom stuff went through and I just picked one thing from Everyday Teens that I like having in my game. Have fun, good luck!

Thank you so much again! I am so excited for the skirt, too. I was so disappointed when the exact same one from the skylight studio could only be used by adults (teens got the same aerobics outfit given as an achievement gift for adults).

I have the tip top toddler collection and have noticed that the cys for the compilation is quite a bit lower than for the set.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    @jojie4 Sale items can be gifted if the person who wants it, has it in their top 3 list. I can go to their page and gift from there (I will pay the regular price though) that's the only way to get it that I know of.....unless that has changed!
  • Options
    @waterywatermelon You are very welcome! What else do you need?
  • Options
    @FairyGodMother Well, I did the calculations a bit and noticed that if I choose to buy DD #189: Talavera Tile Wall Mirror (27/81), then I might be able to get Fabulous Fiesta! for free; and I will still be able to afford the Morning of the Garden Dress later. However, if that is not available for free, then I may have to purchase Talevera Tile Island (28/68) or even the whole cascade, to get the set free. In that case, the remaining amount of SimPoints wouldn't be enough to cover the Palace of Versailles Morning in the Garden Dress 75 SimPoints.

I might as well just save the remaining SimPoints for the Morning in the Garden Dress, working towards the Palace of Versailles set, instead and forget about the Fabulous Fiesta! cascade. That isn't worth it, now that I already have the Ice Cream machine.