Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you kidding me with these kits?

wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
edited March 2021 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Are you kidding me with these kits?
$5 for some vaccums and dustbunnies?
$5 for a country kitchen set?
$5 for some clothes?

I'm so sick of them barely putting anything in the packs that people pay for and then selling them in another pack so they can make more money. It's been seven years, adding a new type of pack is an obvious cash grab.
6JSxk49.png?1

Comments

• Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    yeah... I saw James Turner's review on the dustbunny one...apparently it's an easy-out for making a lot of money without cheats (just lay around, make friends with your dustbunnies, and kaching kaching sell the stuff they bring) but I'm sure someone must like it.

I tend to agree on the lack of need for even more tacky country stuff, more soon-to-be-dated fadwear, and more ways to build drudgery into the game when the gameplay is actually what is missing. But there are fans! We just don't share what motivates them and that's okay. I'll still be really REALLY interested in whatever Sims5 brings, though I won't be an early adopter. My money's now going into Sims3, which to my delight, I can run with all kinds of packs at once, all on maximum resolution and graphics quality, and it's got the thing we all fell in love with that made the franchise great: depth, personality, a sense of humor and the absurd, consequences, and autonomous surprises. Not just Barbie Dreamhouse, where nothing happens unless you make it happen.

I like it that my Sims in Sims3 have ideas of their own, initiate things, and that there are surprises. Also, a real world, not just a small footprint of playable area against a glamorous fake backdrop.

Here's hoping Sims 5 will find a way to restore that quality of gameplay with the visual beauty of Sims4, and surpass both Sims4 and Sims3.
    But Sims3 does set the bar high, now that it's no longer too much game for a good laptop.

Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Really like your Mandela quote! With you guys on the latest cash grabbing device. I do wish they would pay more attention to game quality and less on depriving us of our money.
  • Options
    ThenyoukissmeThenyoukissme Posts: 304 Member
    Im one of the folk that was excited for the vacuuming kit. The small day to day things really mean the most y’know? Was really annoyed to discover that an arguably overpriced packs main feature was completely broken though. How are you going to sell one feature to people for $5 ($8 in Aus where I am) when that feature doesn’t even work properly? How hard is it to play test a single feature you expect people to pay for?

I had said this a while ago, but if the focus doesn’t seem to be on providing in depth gameplay, fully fleshed out packs with a range of items and activities, then you’d think the focus would be on bug fixes and quality control, we appear to get neither. Sometimes, the packs and updates are okay, but mostly its just disappointment after disappointment when you realise how much is broken and lacklustre
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Meh, I like them, and think they can do a lot with them. Bought all three, and they all work. But will EA actually live up to the potential kits bring? That is the million dollar question. I long ago learned to respect and accept that Sims 4 is unlike any previous Sims game...and I love it anyway. Besides, the dust is easy to handle with the robot vacuums lol.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I like the dust bunnies bringing me money. But I've a feeling that won't last much longer, thanks to the nerf squad.
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited March 2021
    kits are an obvious cash grab but it's no surprise ea only thinks about the money, rly hate them and hate that they still own the Sims franchise.

(by the way, love your Jeremy pfp)
    Post edited by bella_goth on
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    bella_goth wrote: »
    kits are an obvious cash grab but it's no surprise ea only thinks about the money, rly hate them and hate that they still own the Sims franchise.

(by the way, love your Jeremy pfp)

I look at the price of an kit and then the SP, the SP costs $9.99 verus the Kit $5.00 there is an $4.99 difference nand that difference keeps me from purchasing any kits. I do not play Sims 4 anymore anyway so no lost for me other than the monies I sunk into this disappointment of an game.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    CausingNickel0CausingNickel0 Posts: 20 Member
    It’s our (gamers) fault. We accepted that and we pay for every trash EA serves us. :'(

In The Sims 3, for 5$ you could purchase a pack that contains over 50 objects in Store. In TS4 we pay 5$ for vacuum cleaner :s
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited April 2021
    EA always wanted more microtransactions in The Sims....they gain a ton of profit from these, and they can even be released more quickly...
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Yep Sims 3 store is back with kits for the Sims 4.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    SmallGiantSmallGiant Posts: 3 New Member
    I miss the days when you bought the game and were not expected to by stuff packs. i rather have you know.. sims game update then more stuff kits
  • Options
    Charlotta11Charlotta11 Posts: 399 Member
    It’s our (gamers) fault. We accepted that and we pay for every trash EA serves us. :'(

In The Sims 3, for 5$ you could purchase a pack that contains over 50 objects in Store. In TS4 we pay 5$ for vacuum cleaner :s

That's not true at all. Some items in sims 3 store are reduced after sims 4 released but still. Just google and find more info about sims3 store and how expansive it really was. Most people forget how things really were back in days.
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • Options

Not really....a venue from the store with one gameplay item and about 10 or so cas/build items would cost you the price of a GP! Daily Deals and cascades are what makes the store stuff much cheaper but you have to track items and wait time....I think kits aren't a terrible deal, but still a bit of a cashgrab.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited April 2021
    Good thing for me none of these packs interest me at all whoever designed and picked the clothing colors made sure I would never buy the 90s pack and I really wanted one of those. The same can be said with whoever thought giving us living actual dust bunnies do they really think the fan base is 2 just horrible. Now if you look at the cost per item at least the clothing pack is not a rip off per item the Sims store was more expensive even H&M though one of my favorite stuff pack cost more per item though to be fair they at least came in normal swatches.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Good thing for me none of these packs interest me at all whoever designed and picked the clothing colors made sure I would never buy the 90s pack and I really wanted one of those. The same can be said with whoever thought giving us living actual dust bunnies do they really think the fan base is 2 just horrible. Now if you look at the cost per item at least the clothing pack is not a rip off per item the Sims store was more expensive even H&M though one of my favorite stuff pack cost more per item though to be fair they at least came in normal swatches.

Most on brand 90's tracksuits were actually that colorful though...
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Not really....a venue from the store with one gameplay item and about 10 or so cas/build items would cost you the price of a GP! Daily Deals and cascades are what makes the store stuff much cheaper but you have to track items and wait time....I think kits aren't a terrible deal, but still a bit of a cashgrab.

It is when one looks at an SP price compared to an kit price and also the amount of items offered. I will not buy the kits as it has less items and cost $4.99 which cheaper than the SP and I get more value with the SP. But ultimately it is on the customer to decide what is of value to them. For me it is not economically sound to buy the kits and yes it is an cash grab.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen