Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can I get any more free items out of this plan?

Comments

• Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    @waterywatermelon I already had a lot of sets back then (probably 2015) and didn't know those sets were tied to comps and stuff. Simmers were the ones who told me how to do that and what to put on my WL. They would gift me and I was able to see the cascades happening. It was an awesome time back then. I need a book for dummies and probably still wouldn't understand :D

I just need you all to worry about the cascades and what you need. You all just need to tell me what items you need gifted :D

I hope I didn't mess anything up for you when I gifted you the ice-cream machine, I wasn't sure if you were gong that route or trying for the 2012 comp, I was totally confused on what to gift you :o
  • Options
    waterywatermelonwaterywatermelon Posts: 473 Member
    edited April 2021
    @FairyGodMother Try this: Talavera Tile Wall Mirror (27/81). I'm hoping that this will just unlock the Fabulous Fiesta!.
  • Options
    jojie4jojie4 Posts: 66 Member
    @FairyGodMother Try this: Talavera Tile Wall Mirror (27/81). I'm hoping that this will just unlock the Fabulous Fiesta! cascade.

The ice cream machine should put you over the top if you wait for the daily deal. Or 110sp worth of items now.
  • Options
    tallcoolonetallcoolone Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited April 2021
    I was stalking this thread last night and, boy did I get confused!
    That makes 2 of us then! When they implemented this stuff, I had so much, the sets and compilations just fell and I ended up with stuff I didn't even try for. They're having to do all the figuring. @Waterywatermelon, I did notice that your sets were hitting on the Featured looks sets.

I gifted the dress, it did take the points, but I got this again, which seems to be common now.
    This page isn’t workingstore.thesims3.com took too long to respond.
    HTTP ERROR 504 Let me know that you got the Morning in the Garden Dress please.
    Post edited by tallcoolone on
    My Page https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/tallcoolone
    Send me a friend request for Simport

• Options
    @FairyGodMother Try this: Talavera Tile Wall Mirror (27/81). I'm hoping that this will just unlock the Fabulous Fiesta!.

I tried to send it. Not sure it worked though. Let me know because that mirror was not on your WL and I didn't notice any points deducted on my end. Which sometimes it takes a few minutes :D
  • Options
    @jojie4 Do you know if this comp goes on DD? There is no option to gift the Pinpal Machine for 168 points but now FairyGodMother is talking about someone putting it in the top 3? How far off are you on that one? Fun for Kids of All Ages Compilation

• Options
    @FairyGodMother I actually received a notification from you, saying that I have received the item (wall mirror) as a gift. But for some reason, there is still a Buy Now! button. So, I decided to put that on my wishlist, and it still shows up the Buy Now! button. Hmmm... I'm just going to wait a while and see if the Download! button appears.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    I just tried again a few minutes ago. It did take off the points @waterywatermelon Please check again!

ETA: I think it went through because its not on your WL
  • Options
    @tallcoolone Do you own the store? Did you need anything?
  • Options
    I just got new toys @FairyGodMother, but ty so much. I just played with ONE of my 2 new lots. I did the same thing these guys did before and I got some very nice help when I needed it. But TY! :)

• Options
    I just tried again a few minutes ago. It did take off the points Please check again!

ETA: I think it went through because its not on your WL

Yeah... it went through, of course. Thanks!
  • Options
    @tallcoolone Hi, thanks for the gift Aromatic Décor. But, the Download button doesn't show up. So, this time, I have marked it on my wishlist. Can you try it again?
  • Options
    @FairyGodMother I have 2 notifications from you, telling me that you have gifted me the Stones Throw Greenhouse. For some reason, the website is broken. I'm going to wait a day and see if it just takes time.
  • Options
    @waterywatermelon Yeah, I am trying to get into my Purchase History which takes forever. I will keep trying though ;)
  • Options
    CoriandreCoriandre Posts: 90 Member
    Items I am looking for to start cascades and lowering CYS are :

Anything from the Street Couture, Mid Century Dining and Styles or Beach Bummin’ sets
  • Options
    @jojie4 Do you know if this comp goes on DD? There is no option to gift the Pinpal Machine for 168 points but now FairyGodMother is talking about someone putting it in the top 3? How far off are you on that one? Fun for Kids of All Ages Compilation

The compilation doesn't go on DD. I know everyday teens does for 481SP ON DD 478. Right now the compilation CYS is 815 and the everyday teens is 1040sp. But with the daily deal, it looks like the pinball machine and one-two items of clothing will take it to somewhere between free and 92sp. I have put it in my top 3 to see if that works. I think the skirt would make it 412sp on the DD by itself, when I look at the cheapest way for just the set. But the compilation, despite using the everyday teens dd, says I can use a piece of clothing and the pinball machine to make it 92 sp.

@FairyGodMother there was still trouble with the hair, unfortunately. Thank you for trying!

• Options
    edited April 2021
    @tallcoolone Hi, thanks for the gift Aromatic Décor. But, the Download button doesn't show up. So, this time, I have marked it on my wishlist. Can you try it again?

@Waterywatermelong Yea, it's not on my purchase history, so I will try it again from your wishlist.

Gift04/01/21Morning in the Garden Dre...
    Given as Gift to waterywatermelon

The Dress is, did you get that?

@FairyGodMother, to get into your purchase history, click on it, and let it go through loading for a minute and then hit refresh, it works to make it come up for me.

It worked this time, I don't know why this is doing this but ty for letting me know. Gift04/01/21Aromatic Décor
    Given as Gift to waterywatermelon

• Options
    @tallcoolone Yep, no error at all the first try.

I finally got the Aromatic Décor.

Thanks!!! :-)
  • Options
    jojie4 wrote: »

The compilation doesn't go on DD. I know everyday teens does for 481SP ON DD 478. Right now the compilation CYS is 815 and the everyday teens is 1040sp. But with the daily deal, it looks like the pinball machine and one-two items of clothing will take it to somewhere between free and 92sp. I have put it in my top 3 to see if that works. I think the skirt would make it 412sp on the DD by itself, when I look at the cheapest way for just the set. But the compilation, despite using the everyday teens dd, says I can use a piece of clothing and the pinball machine to make it 92 sp.

@FairyGodMother there was still trouble with the hair, unfortunately. Thank you for trying!

@jojie4 Thanks for trying that sale item in the top 3, I still don't get the option to gift it, not even at full price, so you may as well take that off your wishlist, there's still a path to this set through the clothes.

The sale for this on DD is good, I'd say worth the wait, but I wonder if more would take the comp down.
    478 ) Everyday Teens Collection / 481 / 1219 / 61% / 2 hrs (Less than # 45 & # 239) :

So, let's find out............

• Options
    @tallcoolone Yep, no error at all the first try.

I finally got the Aromatic Décor.

Thanks!!! :-)

Great, I didn't see that there isn't CYS on the little Romanza set (bah), but it was a little thing and I think you're doing something midieval and lamps won't work, so I hope you can use it.

• Options
    The romanza ceremony, reception, and attire set doesn't say it's ineligible for cys, and that's the one with the really good daily deal #662 of 336sp. It doesn't show up on the cheapest list at all as a single set, just under the 2 different parts of it. It's one of the first sets I got, because I really wanted new wedding dresses. The decor is great, as well. The candles are the most versatile of the set, though. A romantic dinner, for instance. Or a good accompaniment to a relaxing bubble bath.

Thanks for trying @tallcoolone, it was worth a shot. It might be because it's on the regular sales page and not on the daily deal. I can always buy the pinball machine on sale as well, to bring the DD down more if I get there and it isn't lower. I am still wondering about the compilation vs the set. I have been considering doing that, but I have some time to figure it out. I think I would be able to purchase the pinball machine, add it to the skirt you got me, and then pay 92sp for the DD. So that would be 260sp overall, which isn't bad. Or something like the Embellish More Skirt would probably make it just a few cents after the pinball machine. The pinball machine is worth like 248sp as well, so I would think that amount in clothes would also get me there. That's what would make sense, anyways.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    jojie4 wrote: »
    So that would be 260sp overall, which isn't bad. Or something like the Embellish More Skirt would probably make it just a few cents after the pinball machine. The pinball machine is worth like 248sp as well, so I would think that amount in clothes would also get me there. That's what would make sense, anyways.

@jojie4
    Uh oh, I sent that skirt, the most expensive one in the set, like 2 hours ago. I'll try it again. I THINK I saw one of your dresses coming up for like 10 cents, that's from the country set, I didn't look for this set. Do get that one!

I do like that skirt, but that embellishment on the waist doesn't recolor, btw. Thanks for the info on the Romanza :)

ETA: It did it again, lmk if u get it. This page isn’t workingstore.thesims3.com took too long to respond.
    HTTP ERROR 504

ETA
    Oh wow, you can get Country living easy. If you're willing to wait until 450, there are at least 3 more pieces are going up for DD's
    Country Livin' / 390 / 1500 / 74% / 2 hrs (Less than # 36, # 384 & # 927 but same as # 450)

113 ) Family Treasures Wall Shelf / 7 / 26 / 73% / 2 hrs :mrgreen:
    115 ) Country Breakfast Wall Shelf / 9 / 25 / 64% / 2 hrs :mrgreen:
    181 ) Day in the Country Dress / 10 / 61 / 84% / 2 hrs :mrgreen:

If you wanna go that way with country living and get it for 26 simpoints and wait, lemme know if you need something else on that set. I didn't figure out where that would put you, but it can't be much, the sale alone takes off most of the cost. There might be more that comes on DD, I didn't look further than 181. I just happened to catch the Day in The Country Dress and looked for my own to have pieces.
    Post edited by tallcoolone on

• Options
    @tallcoolone I got my Country Living set for free, because I already owned the chicken coop; and I got the chicken coop through the sponsors' free bonus SimPoints. I also got the Tutor of Tudors collection entirely through the sponsors. And both of them are part of the April 2013 Compilation.

I adore anything that has a traditional look or historical flair, and that's why the only the only stuff pack I've purchased outright is the Movie stuff one. The superhero/villain stuff would be great for my Law Enforcement officers and Villains. The other stuff pack that I own is High-End Loft stuff, and I merely have that one because of my Starter Pack edition. The stuff pack is okay. It comes with nice classic furniture from previous Sims games and nice outfits, but the main buy/build theme doesn't really fit my taste. Though, I can definitely use them on more modern-looking builds.

Wow, these couple of days have been amazing! I have never intended to get everything so quickly with the SimPoints that I had! Thanks to the awesome gifts, I got all the desired contents and more!!! All I have to do now is to purchase the Basketball Hoop on the Daily Deals so I can get the Compilation sets free.

Afterwards, I may just purchase another bundle of SimPoints and get a discounted world in the Make Me An Offer deal. I have once seen Sunlit Tides and Lucky Palms and Aurora Skies up there. Though, if Sunlit Tides ever hits up, I may have to compare this price with the DD price and see which one is the better deal.

Thanks everyone!!!
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    @tallcoolone That still really helped, I believe. I bought the pinball machine, and my cys for the teens of all ages is now 745sp, which I think means it's will be only a few sp on the daily deal. It will definitely be under 100sp. I am not sure if the cys discount of 10% comes off of the original or dd price. I think that is where I get a little lost. If it's before I think it's like 7sp based off of how much has already come off of it. If not, maybe 82sp, but that isn't how it looks in the cheapest thread. I thought it was 10% off the DD price, but I'm not sure. Anyways, I took the rest of the set items off of my wishlist.

Oh, good catch on the day in the country dress. I was trying to keep the DD stuff that comes up before 450 off of the list. I was originally going to do 103, but the few items do make such a big difference, and I'm trying to squeeze all of my sp for as much as possible. Especially when I see other things I want as well, like the street couture for teens & kids, sweet escape nursery, the lullabies and nursery rhymes set, and since I got sunlit tides of DD, now I am looking at doing the island living compilation (super deal to be had), and the sun, surf and sand set, which I never paid any attention to before. And then I realized that the Runway Riot which never caught my attention before, would look very good in Lunar Lakes. But I have also heard it has issues. Plus a couple of extra premium contents. I do wish a lot of them weren't tied to large sets/venues or worlds. I'm trying to keep my wishlist pretty focused for now, though. I am thinking about putting some of the backburner stuff on the bottom, though. Just to keep track and maybe compile a little bit. Edit- I did add the rest of the stuff I am looking at, and made my lists more concise to not be over the cys amount required, if I do the upcoming daily deals for this rotation on everything. It actually didn't turn out too bad, and I can still keep my top 5 more or less focused on 1-2 sets at a time.

@waterywatermelon The chicken coop is what drew me into the store in the first place. I didn't get any free points, though, as I thought I couldn't use the store with steam until recently. But I having a great time working on stuff, too. I am totally ready for the basketball tonight as well. Sunlit Tides is really low on DD. I don't think MMAO will get it lower, but you have plenty of time to look. Did you manage to get the Dark Dealings Bundle as well?
    Post edited by jojie4 on
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    @jojie4 I got the greenhouse from @FairyGodMother and then that unlocked the Best of 2012 Compilation, which included More Magic! items and Enchanted Bundle of Dark Dealings items.

I also noticed that the CYS price for the January 2012 Compilation was just 140 SimPoints, which would be cheaper than the cowplant on the DD. So, I decided to save me some SimPoints and just got the whole compilation instead.

The basketball will be another big cascade! :smiley:

I originally got into the Store back in 2013, when I also got the base game of the Sims 3. My very first item on my Purchased History is Riverview, and I got quite a few Store freebies. I also got a lot of free SimPoints from the sponsors, so I never spent a single penny on SPs. And I accumulated quite a bit of Store content that way, especially the Tutor of Tudor collection and the Castle Kit. The Sims 3 Castle Kit seems to be a conversion of the Sims 2 Store Castle Kit. They look very similar. EA has converted a lot of Sims 2 items into the Sims 3.

More recently, I got bonus SimPoints from registering World Adventures & Generations EP Bundle and the Sims 3 Starter Pack (including Late Night and High-End Loft Stuff). Afterwards, my SimPoints were purchased from spare money from my EA Wallet account, which came from Origin gift cards.