Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Goofball trait

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    For those who are bothered with the changed to the goofball trait and play with mods, the pranking toilets issue can be solved by installing my traitoverhaul mod. You can install the file sims4me_traitoverhaul_goofball on it's own if you do not care about the rest of the mod.
    https://deichschafblog.de/bienchen/sonstige-mods-misc-mods/ (MM-162, you can use the search bar on the top right to quickly find it)
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Got to see if I get a goofball in the game before they nerf it!
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    Peral wrote: »
    Got to see if I get a goofball in the game before they nerf it!
    Yeah, you better hurry and do that XD I saw the pranking of toilets reported as a bug. They should have mentioned it in the patch notes to avoid confusion.
  • Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    I did some tests a few days ago. If a Goofball has no mischief skill and the ability to prank toilets is disabled, they won't build mischief up at all and will use funny interactions instead. I noticed that the other night when I tested with a new copy of an unskilled Goofball. She had no mischief skill and I watched her for about a sim week. If the toilet pranking is stopped (whether be in a future patch or stopped with mods) then a Goofball with no mischief skill shouldn't autonomously use mischief socials on other sims. Or so those were my findings from experimenting around. Nobody wants every toilet in the house broken, unless all your sims have steel bladders and they leave the pranked toilet there for visitors or guests, I suppose. :D
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    That's really interesting @Finvola.
    I wonder if there is a give-and-take between the Mischief skill and the Comedy skill?
    Like if comedy is higher they use funny interactions, if mischief is higher (as it is with my Cameron) they use mischief interactions, if neither then maybe it defaults to funny as in your experience?
  • Options
    WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    My goofball at discotheque pranking toilet. He sometimes does that.

K1hQQpL.png

His husband, annoyed to be victim of the constant pranking, agreed to date with another (dressed same as him, besause he's famous). I don't know how he tagged along, but he put pranking to good use.

WL5mhfk.png
  • Options
    SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    So did they overtune the neat sims too? I have a neat sim and his constant cleaning is really crazy and he cleans everywhere he goes! If I leave him to his own devices he will clean the bathrooms in the gym until they sparkle and if someone comes in and makes a puddle while taking shower.....whoa nellie.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    Yes the Neat tuning seems to be set pretty high too. Watched one of my unplayed sims clean the grill at the beach for about 3 hours. At one point I had 3 Neat sims in one household and they were all fixated on cleaning the same objects at the same time, leaving other things dirty. The microwave they never used got cleaned about 50000 times in one day. :D
  • Options
    BettyNewbie1BettyNewbie1 Posts: 336 Member
    Yes, I have noticed change. I am elated! I have wanted a goofball sim, who is actually goofy. I don't understand why some simmers wanted goofballs to be funny best, when that has never been this trait. I add comedy levels for sims I want to crack some good jokes. Open to hear other opinions. au revoir.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I just played a goofball Sim yesterday. I took out the trait overhaul mod I have so I could see it as the game intended. It was Duane Talla and, honestly, the new coding seemed to fit. He didn't prank the toilets, but he was using mischief interactions right and left.

I can see that this might take some getting used to, but I like the change and hope it isn't nerfed. I think it would make sense to not have Sims prank their own toilets, however, but otherwise keep it as is. Possibly using more funny interactions could be added also.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I played for a few sim days with a goofball sim. She made a lot of mischievous interactions but did not prank the toilet at her home once. The only reason I can think of is that the toilets are all fully upgraded.