Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you like the changes to traits?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited March 2021
    Finvola wrote: »
    Me too. As crazy as it sounds, the Goofball tweaks made some of my sims unplayable as it changes their personality into something they aren't supposed to be. I never thought such a small change would make a huge difference, but it does. I've had to go through some of my Goofballs and change their traits. I always thought of goofballs as the silly jokester kind with a bit of mischief thrown in, not somebody who is constantly mischievous and playing pranks on others. I never considered it to be a mean trait before, but now I think Goofballs are kinda mean. :(
    Yeah I haven’t played a goofball yet since the patch, but never thought of them as mean and mischievous just kind of funny and awkward, maybe a bit crazy.
  • Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited March 2021
    Hate it - no
    I started a fresh save earlier and noticed something. I left one of them a Goofball and she's a new copy with no skills. I disabled Prank Toilet with MCCC the other day and so far she hasn't autonomously started using mischief interactions on anyone. Her mischief skill hasn't started yet and she's only using funny socials.

Then I remembered MCCC has another setting to disable autonomous Mean, Flirty, Cleaning and Mischief interactions. I've just disabled mischief interactions with it, but haven't tested it yet to see if it works on Goofballs who have an existing Mischief skill. Without them pranking the toilet, maybe unskilled Goofballs won't autonomously build mischief at all. Maybe I can still play Goofballs with autonomous mischief disabled. I hope so! There really isn't another trait to substitute in its place. I don't want to take the enjoyment away from the players who like these changes, so if there's a way I can squash it myself I'm totally fine with that.
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Other
    Honnestly I haven't noticed that much difference, so maybe I'm not playing right. XD Either way, it's too early for me to tell.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Other
    Me too. As crazy as it sounds, the Goofball tweaks made some of my sims unplayable as it changes their personality into something they aren't supposed to be. I never thought such a small change would make a huge difference, but it does. I've had to go through some of my Goofballs and change their traits. I always thought of goofballs as the silly jokester kind with a bit of mischief thrown in, not somebody who is constantly mischievous and playing pranks on others. I never considered it to be a mean trait before, but now I think Goofballs are kinda mean. :(

Yeah, you'd expect "mean" sims to be more into pranks rather than "goofball" sims. :-/
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    iamoz96iamoz96 Posts: 263 Member
    I started a fresh save earlier and noticed something. I left one of them a Goofball and she's a new copy with no skills. I disabled Prank Toilet with MCCC the other day and so far she hasn't autonomously started using mischief interactions on anyone. Her mischief skill hasn't started yet and she's only using funny socials.

Then I remembered MCCC has another setting to disable autonomous Mean, Flirty, Cleaning and Mischief interactions. I've just disabled mischief interactions with it, but haven't tested it yet to see if it works on Goofballs who have an existing Mischief skill. Without them pranking the toilet, maybe unskilled Goofballs won't autonomously build mischief at all. Maybe I can still play Goofballs with autonomous mischief disabled. I hope so! There really isn't another trait to substitute in its place. I don't want to take the enjoyment away from the players who like these changes, so if there's a way I can squash it myself I'm totally fine with that.

Unfortunately you have to think about console players since we can’t use mods so something has to be done to the trait. 😕
    Origin ID: iamoz96
    Enjoy my creations! :)
  • Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    Hate it - no
    I hope it does eventually get toned down in a future patch because I don't think it's acceptable as it is. Not necessarily remove it altogether, just make it happen less often or maybe even increase funny interactions over mischief because I agree that mischief interactions would be more suitable for a mean sim than a goofball. Many of the other trait changes are hardly noticeable or had slight changes to them, yet there's been a lot of feedback with regards to Neat and Goofball sims doing things to excess.

I did some quick testing with my Goofball father and son from another save and disabling mischief autonomy with MCCC seems to work and they are back to behaving how they did pre-patch.

I can only hope they reconsider the Goofball changes in the future and make it more balanced because not everybody can or wants to use mods.
  • Options
    HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    edited March 2021
    Like it but needs to be toned down a bit
    Two tweaks I can think of for now:
    • I would disable new Neat behaviour for community lots (cleaning club toilets or the only grill in the park all the time, really?).
    • I would make Goofball do both funny and mischief and probably make them more immune to Hysterical state to avoid emotional death.
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Other
    @Finvola thanks for the reminder about disabling mischief actions with MCCC (I had forgotten about that)! I really dislike changing traits for my legacy Sims, but all the mischief was ruining my household (so many toilets ::shudder:: ).
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Other
    I'm playing a new save, no mods, with a bookworm and a neat Sim, and I'm not noticing any change at all.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    I've noticed there's a new buff for hates children when they're not around children.

The changes are rather subtle. I don't like the changes to the goofball trait. In my eyes, those Sims aren't mischievous by default, but they should do more funny interactions than others. But I'll fix that with my traitoverhaul so I don't worry.

Overall, I'm not opposed to the changes but I think they are really small, especially when you take into account how long we've waited for trait improvements.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    Too early for me to vote on this. After reading everyone's posts, I'll keep an eye out for it though.

(Only thing I've noticed is that "neat" sims have the option to polish a bathtub to perfection :D )
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Like it - yes
    83bienchen wrote: »
    I've noticed there's a new buff for hates children when they're not around children.

The changes are rather subtle. I don't like the changes to the goofball trait. In my eyes, those Sims aren't mischievous by default, but they should do more funny interactions than others. But I'll fix that with my traitoverhaul so I don't worry.

Overall, I'm not opposed to the changes but I think they are really small, especially when you take into account how long we've waited for trait improvements.

It could do well renaming it to mischievous or separating the two. Maybe call it prankster.

That being said, it's a step in the right direction, but it's all meaningless without a whims and an emotion overhaul. Like great, my sims have meaningful traits, but about about life goals and emotions now?

It's sad that your better whims mod is better than what they could do, they just seemed to jump ship.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    LazzialLazzial Posts: 159 Member
    Other
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    Too early for me to vote on this. After reading everyone's posts, I'll keep an eye out for it though.

(Only thing I've noticed is that "neat" sims have the option to polish a bathtub to perfection :D )

They probably intended it only for neat sims, but right now it says that for all my sims.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited March 2021
    Like it - yes
    I haven't really noticed much difference if I'm being honest but I think it's possibly because of a mod...

I've been using the Personality Please mod for a long time and I'm slowly coming to the realization that it makes sims all act the same way much worse than the game itself does. All of my sims regardless of traits are obsessed with mischief whenever I have the mod installed. It's nice that it removes the idle chat but I'm really starting to think I'm better off without it.

I'm going to experiment playing the game without it for a while and see if I notice any changes.
  • Options
    NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 272 Member
    Too early to say. It's okay so far.

Haven't noticed much change sans my neat Sim can 'clean to perfection' things that are already clean. And my glutton Sim left the ocean he was swimming in to help himself to another portion of chili, and his hunger bar was practically full.

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    Like it - yes
    I've tested several sims with improved traits and while the changes were small I still like them. It's definitely the right idea from the devs to look at the traits and think what they can add/change.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Like it - yes
    I've noticed a lot of random passing of wind from my slob sim. I guess that's a nice improvement? :D
  • Options
    adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    Other
    I still find the traits unbalanced, but the fact there's changes ongoing makes me happy.
    origin ID: adduapina
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Lazzial wrote: »
    Admiral8Q wrote: »

They probably intended it only for neat sims, but right now it says that for all my sims.

Yup, same here. I had to turn the dust off even after the patch, even though they did tone it down a bit, which is appreciated. At least it took a couple of days before she had to vaccum and before DBs.

But the annoyances continues when my NOT neat sim wants to polish everything to perfection. I couldn't handle both at the same time, that's when it gets really a chore to play which I don't do for the obvious reason. The way I have it set now, at least she doesn't interrupt an action to go and "polish." :p
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    stephanie132392stephanie132392 Posts: 91 Member
    Other
    There is still some improvement to do, but it's not a bad start.
  • Options
    xXPandoraXxxXPandoraXx Posts: 28 Member
    Like it - yes
    I like it, although I would prefer goofballs to choose a mix between comedy and mischief actions autonomously. Sims who hate children should speak to them less.
    Let children ride bikes! Let sims have actual one-sided relationships!