Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you like the changes to traits?

iamoz96iamoz96 Posts: 263 Member
Cheers and happy simming! Gathering opinions!
Origin ID: iamoz96
Enjoy my creations! :)

Do you like the changes to traits? 99 votes

Like it - yes
56%
vancanuckfan86tams2578winkeljohn78Mstybl95Icewolfalan650111IceyJCamkatDOLLDRMS1elanorbretonsilvercandy79kokoro80cchant86MindofyTorieBanjoraxXPandoraXxgreydonnRachel580simmietime 56 votes
Hate it - no
4%
SusanaLeoteFinvolaEnkiSchmidtSeashoreLivia 4 votes
Like it but needs to be toned down a bit
8%
YautjagirlAmz_LouiseHarukotyanthenightcourtpermanentroseEverclearBoyGordytalongirl6 8 votes
Other
31%
Kita5399TheSpotted_CMeteoraStorminvisiblgirlsimgirl1010Echo17121DarkLady2788taydevstephanie132392To7mhalloweenchildRifftraxRulesSailorCetiCAPTAIN_NXR7OnverseradduapinaSims4MagicalTalesMDianaSimsArmika74RedShoe7 31 votes

Comments

• VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    It's too early for me to know for certain, as I've been playing offline while waiting for some mods to be updated, so I've not updated the game itself yet. But from what I've been reading of others' experiences, it sounds as though I'll probably be ok with a few of the changes, dislike several others, and be 'meh' about the rest.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    Other
    I haven't noticed anything else yet, but my clumsy Sim stumbling every now and then. I like it a lot, though. :)
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited March 2021
    Hate it - no
    It's a toss up between No-I hate it and Other I suppose. I thought the Clumsy sim tripping over his own feet was funny and it's not something that happens all the time. Some traits I'm not seeing any change to at all, while others are done to extreme. Neat and Goofballs in particular. I haven't tested a Cheerful sim out yet but I have tested sims with most of the other changed traits. It's either cranked up to the maximum or barely there. The only in between one I've seen is the Clumsy sim. I don't have any Bookworms at the moment but I'd consider that one to be another somewhere in between. It's not too much or too little--it's there and it's nice to see them carrying books around.
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Other
    I don’t mind the change for my own Sims, but I would like it toned down a bit for NPC and visiting Sims. I want my nanny to take care of the toddler, and I want to socialize at the bar, not watch other Sims clean grills endlessly.
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    Like it - yes
    The best is bookworm. Before bookworm was only "analyze book" and it wasn't autonomous.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Other
    I can't vote yet, I haven't played a game since the update. I've read over all of the threads from other people so I'm curious as to what I find.

It's sometimes hard for me to analyze though because usually my saves use personality mods so I can never tell if what is happening is from a mod or the actual game.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Like it - yes
    I love that sims act more accordingly to traits. But i got to say that i don't notice my sims being obsessed with some interactions. My sims do a little bit of everything.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Other
    It's a start but it needs to be taken a lot further
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited March 2021
    Hate it - no
    In my opinion the changes make the sims into one dimensional caricatures. I used to read a lot as a child and teen, always has a book on me, but stowed away in a backpack, not carrying it like a flag. Mean and Mischievous are way too strong, too. They should have reserved the changes for autonomous behaviour (exluding everything in the conversations pie menu and the walky situations) so that players who enjoy that kind of thing can watch it to their hearts' content, while leaving the rest of us alone.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Other
    What changes to the traits? I haven't noticed any difference. The game is still the same. :/
  • talongirl6talongirl6 Posts: 184 Member
    I like the changes, but I feel like they just aren't balanced yet. Neat Sims, for example, seem to only want to clean and rarely do anything else. Same with Goofball Sims and their mischief interactions. I think it would be great to have them do these things more often depending on their traits, but also still be able to do other interactions on their own so that there would be a balance. Along with that, all traits given to a Sim should have an influence on what a Sim does instead of just one main trait controlling what they do. This could help give Sims more personality, I think.
  • HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    Other
    Other - haven't noticed any changes.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Other
    As with others, it's too early to tell. But it's a step in the right direction, surely?
  • thatpinkcoconutthatpinkcoconut Posts: 187 Member
    Like it - yes
    Finvola wrote: »
    It's a toss up between No-I hate it and Other I suppose. I thought the Clumsy sim tripping over his own feet was funny and it's not something that happens all the time. Some traits I'm not seeing any change to at all, while others are done to extreme. Neat and Goofballs in particular. I haven't tested a Cheerful sim out yet but I have tested sims with most of the other changed traits. It's either cranked up to the maximum or barely there. The only in between one I've seen is the Clumsy sim. I don't have any Bookworms at the moment but I'd consider that one to be another somewhere in between. It's not too much or too little--it's there and it's nice to see them carrying books around.
    Wolfium wrote: »
    The best is bookworm. Before bookworm was only "analyze book" and it wasn't autonomous.

I am confused. What's new with Bookworm Sims?
  • thatpinkcoconutthatpinkcoconut Posts: 187 Member
    Like it - yes
    Also, I love the changes. I wish they get to update all the traits (including the DLC ones) before the end of the game's cycle.
  • BanjoraBanjora Posts: 19 Member
    Like it - yes
    I like the changes, but I think they need to go farther. I want my sim to autonomously behave like the personality I gave them.
  • LazzialLazzial Posts: 159 Member
    Other
    I can't comment on all of them because I've only noticed changes to 3. I definitely don't like the changes to neat or goofball and I've seen bookworms carrying books around but haven't actually played a bookworm yet.
  • SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    Other
    I honestly don't play enough to know. I mostly build. I do have a few saves that get played every once in a while, though, and haven't really noticed much.
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Like it - yes
    Yes - I do like the changes...although I haven't played all the traits yet. The changes haven't been too drastic for my game with what I've played so far.
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Like it - yes
    Yes. Especially if it affects autonomy. I will be honest, most people if they find the autonomous behaviors too much for what they want (e.g. Excessive cleaning for Neat Sims for example) it was considered as annoying. However for me, I consider that as a challenge that spice up and change the way I play. Which is cool
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    edited March 2021
    Like it - yes
    I like the changes that I've seen. So far they've been pretty subtle. I don't use the Goofball trait so it's one that I'll never see any of my Sims with. There are plenty of premade Sims and townies that have that trait so it's just a matter of time before I see it in action. I also didn't use Neat, Cheerful, or Bookworm because I thought they made Sims boring. Bookworm actually sounds interesting now.
  • iamoz96iamoz96 Posts: 263 Member
    Monaveil wrote: »
    I like the changes that I've seen. So far they've been pretty subtle. I don't use the Goofball trait so it's one that I'll never see any of my Sims with. There are plenty of premade Sims and townies that have that trait so it's just a matter of time before I see it in action. I also didn't use Neat, Cheerful, or Bookworm because I thought they made Sims boring. Bookworm actually sounds interesting now.

Oof I’ve already experienced the Goofball one and it turned my lady sim into something I don’t like. I’m glad you don’t play that trait.
    Origin ID: iamoz96
    Enjoy my creations! :)
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited March 2021
    Hate it - no
    Me too. As crazy as it sounds, the Goofball tweaks made some of my sims unplayable as it changes their personality into something they aren't supposed to be. I never thought such a small change would make a huge difference, but it does. I've had to go through some of my Goofballs and change their traits. I always thought of goofballs as the silly jokester kind with a bit of mischief thrown in, not somebody who is constantly mischievous and playing pranks on others. I never considered it to be a mean trait before, but now I think Goofballs are kinda mean. :(
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    Huge improvement. I just wish certain things would be toned down just a tad, but I'd much rather take this weird craziness to what we had before.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017