Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When Do You Find Time To Play?

Comments

• Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    Both
    I am retired so I play after I am done with house chores. Usually off and on during the day and then evenings for an hour or so, then all weekend off and on also. I spend time with my husband here and there too. :)
  • Options
    notasmokealarm09notasmokealarm09 Posts: 240 Member
    Both
    Both! I work 7am-3pm Wednesday-Sunday. So I'm free to play as much as I want Mondays and Tuesdays (And some Wednesdays because I alternate 1st and 2nd shift that day). For the rest of the days, I can play when I get home from work, but only after I finish my chores and get dinner cooked.
  • Options
    Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    Both
    As a Stay-at-home mom with a now crippling fear of leaving the house(thanks COVID for my brand new anxiety disorder-not really,I hate it) I play whenever the mood strikes, which isnt often anymore between helping my son with his virtual schooling and my new addiction of Chinese period dramas(I cant look away because I need those subtitles, lol)
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Both
    Weeknights after work I stream a couple shows, eat dinner, do a few chores, then play Sims until bedtime. Weekends it depends on what I feel like doing (or need to be doing), but I usually get a couple hours in then too. Now that the weather is getting better, and my state's vaccine rollout is moving along nicely, I'll probably soon be getting out more & may not play as much. But we'll see. I'm kind of a hermit.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    In the evening, after dinner -- a drink, a podcast or two, and then my soap opera drama. :D
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited March 2021
    Both
    Nolife gives me opportunity to play couple hours daily unless i think of something else to do

i prefer whatever time humanity does not require my attendance and i don't have other stuff to do

but i find i can concentrate better early morning or late evening

cause midday just makes me feel like I'm supposed to be doing something else

and some days i just avoid computers all together so i don't play but again no set days for that

it is significantly more now with pandemic though cause im not really going to places for other than absolute need to so it easily goes
    "oop i played whole day"
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Weekends
    I drive and work 40 hours a week for Employment Department, so I get worn out during the week and play on weekends now. I appreciate naps more now. I like to keep during the week for my exercise games Just Dance and Ring Fit.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    Both
    I've been blessed with a work at home model and I can play during the day if I really want although I have to admit I'm neglecting work if I do. Prior to COVID I would come home from work, feed and water the younglings, and fire up the computer to watch streams and play sims.
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited March 2021
    Both
    Although I work full-time Monday to Friday, sometimes I play when I come home because its relaxing and enjoyable. My favorite time to play is on the weekends or when I’m off from work. 😊

Post edited by Hearts4u on
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    During The Week
    I work unusual hours and often have a couple of hours downtime in the middle of the day. That's a nice time for a lunch + sims break if I don't need to do something else with that time. And, although I answered "weekdays" which is true for me playing alone, I do often play together with my daughter on the weekends.

• Options
    sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member
    Both
    A little of both depending on my schedule on the weekends. But lately more during the week. My weekends can be very busy. I play at least 1 hr in the evenings while watching tv after work/chores/workout etc. Ironically I wind up paying more attention to my sims than whatever show I'm watching. They are way more entertaining lol
  • Options
    DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
  • Options
    YautjagirlYautjagirl Posts: 351 Member
    Both
    Nowadays mainly only when i don't feel very well.
  • Options
    DarkLady2788DarkLady2788 Posts: 345 Member
    Other
    Since I have been on furlough from work coz of covid I have played almost everyday/evening. Even played it a full 24hrs coz I got so engrossed with the family I was playing 😂 it made me feel like I was a teenager again when I used to stay up and play sims 1 and 2 till 4/5am .
    Before covid I normally only got the weekend to play.
  • Options
    mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    Weekends
    I get home from work a bit late so I mostly play on weekends. If I know I just have an hour or two, I'd probably just browse through the gallery or play around in CAS. For builds or gameplay, I prefer to play when I know I can go a few hours uninterrupted. I like to immerse myself in the game and play with a full screen, ear buds on, sounds on, and I tune out everything else.
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    Other
    My husband is disabled and the main focus of my day. It's why I work from home even before the pandemic. I play when he's either painting or building kitbashed models, cast molding with the Hirst Molds he has and/or creating and painting terrain for tabletop miniatures. Or I play when he's sleeping or napping or when I'm not setting up doctors appointments or talking to doctors about his condition. Or when I am not working on making shorts, copy and commercials. Or when I'm not playing Vanguard, Magic, (or other card games) Warhammer 40k, Malifaux, or other tabletop miniatures games, LARPing or playing RPGs. The circle of gamers I play with would tell you if you just play video games you aren't a real gamer. But I disagree with their sentiments on the subject. I play when I have a minute here and there to spare.

I play the sims when I am not doing anything else.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
    Both
    i play both weekends and weekdays. I've been playing before work, on my days off and mostly during the day, but some during the evening.
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Other
    I might find time any time, really, but my dedicated time for The Sims is Monday evenings, when I visit with my sis. Simming at her specific request.
  • Options
    fae_brassfae_brass Posts: 81 Member
    Other
    It depends on how much work and college work I have going on. Sometimes I'll go through droughts where I need to not do anything other than work then I'll come back to it again. I've been playing every evening recently though because I've had loads of assignments in so no work on at the moment as we come into the Easter holidays. My husband's been joking I'm addicted.........
  • Options
    HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    Weekends
    Weekends are usually the only time I can properly sit down and enjoy it. I rarely play during the week after work unless it's patch day or a pack release, just got too much to do.
  • Options
    ForgeronForgeron Posts: 272 Member
    Other
    I'm not playing SIms 4 right now. The game is laggier and repetitive to me, maybe in the future...
    But, gamesi n general I play whenever I don't have soem responsabilities, but due to anxiety I tend to procrastinate and play even when I have responsabilities. Playing makes me feel calm and happier.
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Both
    drakharis wrote: »
    . The circle of gamers I play with would tell you if you just play video games you aren't a real gamer. But I disagree with their sentiments on the subject.

I both agree and disagree with their statement - many gamers who say that forget that for most other games, you need friends (usually of the gamer variety) to play them lol. Video games don't require that.

As a self-employed disabled person, I play when I want, whenever I want. It has even been helpful with scenes that weren't working just right, but I couldn't quite figure out why. It's often up and running while I work, and I take a break now and again as I need to. Or I go full bore and just escape into it for hours lol. Been a lot of the latter happening lately.

• Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Other
    Haven't had time to play and started major cleaning sprees, so mainly a few hours in the afternoon on Sundays if I am lucky. Unfortunately.
  • Options
    Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    Weekends
    Honestly with work, I have to wait for the weekends. There's nothing worse than coming home from a long day and unwinding with a nice game and then it's 3am.
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Other
    Depends on when I actually have some spare time that is not booked by other things. Usually a weekend, but life happens. Been simless about 2 weeks now. Not complaining though. There's more to life than EA's latest messterpiece.