Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

It’s more than just bunk beds.

Comments

• Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    Twitch
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I love the new hair!! I’ve been wanting puffs for a while!!
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    edited March 2021
    Um so I can’t add the bunk bed into the room? Like I can’t click on it 🙃🙃

Okay I can’t click on any beds lol

My whole build buy is broken okay love that for me lol
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    Loves2draw1812Loves2draw1812 Posts: 168 Member
    @AquaGamer1212 do you use mods? in particular Tmex better buildbuy?
    because that was broken for me, couldn't click on anything in build buy mode.
  • Options
    @AquaGamer1212 do you use mods? in particular Tmex better buildbuy?
    because that was broken for me, couldn't click on anything in build buy mode.

I do but I don’t have that one...I’ll take out his other mods

• Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I’m actually most excited about the updates to the pictures! Some of the portraits look like the ancestors I created for Dirk Dreamer’s family, so he’ll be happy to use them.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Love the portraits and the hair for toddlers, it looks adorable and way more usable than the original
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Evil trait not improved? As Stewie Griffin would say, what the duce?
  • Options
    My Sim can’t sleep on the top bunk; only nap and relax :/

• Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    I'm not so sure about the trait overhaul...it sounds like they added a lot more autonomy actions that will repeat over and over...
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    I've asked this in another thread but haven't gotten an answer but anyone who's installed the pack can you read in bed or just watch tv?
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,873 Member
    I've asked this in another thread but haven't gotten an answer but anyone who's installed the pack can you read in bed or just watch tv?

I believe it's just relax and watch tv.
  • Options
    kokoro80kokoro80 Posts: 651 Member

They showed a kid reading under the covers in the stream
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    kokoro80 wrote: »

I'm sorry to be negative, but I'm not really impressed by that. I want to see my sims laying on the bed reading, not under the covers. Does this even work for adults?
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member

Thanks everyone.
    bixters wrote: »

I'm sorry to be negative, but I'm not really impressed by that. I want to see my sims laying on the bed reading, not under the covers. Does this even work for adults?

Yeah was kinda hoping for a read on bed while they relax type of thing. :/
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member

Yes, to me it looked like they were self-woohooing!
  • Options

Thanks everyone.

Yeah was kinda hoping for a read on bed while they relax type of thing. :/

Is it confirmed whether sims can relax in bed? I've seen some people say they can, which would be nice!
  • Options
    calaprfy wrote: »

Yes, to me it looked like they were self-woohooing!

LOL I think Slice of Life uses that animation for welf-woohooing :D
  • Options
    dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    Rouensims wrote: »
    I’m actually most excited about the updates to the pictures! .

ooooh, what pictures have updates??
    Dont know when I'll be able to play because (as usual) The Sims isnt compatible with my basic Windows security so wont let me play. :( It took me ages to get it to accept the update with the last patch....which is why I never use mods, its hard enough trying to play with just the EA content!

• Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    Haha I was puzzled about what the kid was doing as well, but I thought it was cute :joy: Reading under a blanket is something kids would do and I like it, though I know it's also just an easier way to animate it. I wouldn't mind reading on bed too :smile:

Hopefully they'll add more interactions and things to do later!
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    please don't tell me sims eat faster now? According to the patch info? I'm on a sim break can anyone confirm. I want them to eat slower not faster 😭😭
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    please don't tell me sims eat faster now? According to the patch info? I'm on a sim break can anyone confirm. I want them to eat slower not faster 😭😭

uh... I have read so many threads of people wanting their sims to eat faster because eating takes a long time. This is something that I have always wanted them to do as well, I often used a faster eating mod.

You...seriously want them to eat slower?
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    Watching tv works! I used the wall mounted tv from GTW for this. I haven't tried any others, but it'd be weird if you can watch a tv on a table if you're in the top bunk. Though it wouldn't surprise me if that was somehow possible :joy:
    3077b878c8b2665617ad85a2c95eb9388bd87c14.png

And these are my favourite updated paintings. I hardly ever used this one because it didn't fit most interior styles. It's a lot more versatile now.
    d541a1481165def00e4f837b42498fc2277f04db.png
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited March 2021
    tried the bunkbeds and yes some things work some don't
    here is some pictures of judith doing hard labor to demonstrate

for the beds with no bottom bunk things under them are useable about 99% of times
    GQRBs66.png
    but the top bunk doesn't route if your object uses the middle tile and is not single bed
    MdthSK2.png
    BthpjU3.png
    sims can't route to objects you place facing inwards so only use objects sims don't have to route for if you want to do that
    but you can place whatever you want if it takes one tile at either end of bed i think and bed will still work
    toddler beds can't be combined at least not in alignment i didn't try rotating them

oh and seasons curtain bed can't be combined
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Yeah according to James Turners latest video you can place things like tables and sofas beneath the bunk beds but the sims can't use the top beds if those objects are using the middle tile.