Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Omg improved traits 😳😳
  • greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    I wonder what improved traits could mean exactly. Autonomy, whims, emotions, all three and more? I guess we'll find out tomorrow!
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited March 2021
    Akl500P wrote: »
    Omg improved traits 😳😳

I know, I’m more excited to find out about those than the bunk beds, I didn’t care one way or the other about those. I was like, if we get them fine, if not fine...but if they can make traits have more impact I am here for it!
  • Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
    awesome! improved traits!!!
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    edited March 2021
    I learned not to get my hopes up with Sims 4. Buuuut if the Trait improvements are deep enough and gives the Sims personalities, this would fix one of my biggest problems with the game.

Also, the beds have different swatches. 👀
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Akl500P wrote: »
    Omg improved traits 😳😳

I know, I’m more excited to find out about those than the bunk beds, I didn’t care one way or the other about those. I was like, if we get them fine, if not fine...but if they can make traits have more impact I am here for it!

I feel the same way. I just hope whatever they're doing doesn't go from one extreme to the other... :#
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    Without getting my hopes too high, I am excited for improved traits. I hope they add a couple of new ones too.
  • thatpinkcoconutthatpinkcoconut Posts: 187 Member
    Trait improvements can just mean re-balancing the moodlets we get from personality traits. Ain't getting my hopes high.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,947 Member
    okay but i really dont understand why they couldnt set livestream for 22nd so then everything would actually make sense

like what is the point of stream straight after update instead of before update

why hype up 22nd if it was just gonna be post about how we know more 23th like??? confusing much?

translation: give meeee the info already pls
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Opposite playstyle here, and I'm anxious about "improved" traits. If they get more weight, that could mean that for example mean sims become unable to hold a normal conversation at all. That would be a steep price for bunkbeds to pay.
    calaprfy wrote: »
    I'll be impressed if the bunk beds actually work.

I'd like to get excited over the traits but I can only see complaints and nerfings ahead. "Oh no, my evil sim is being evil! It's affecting my gameplay! Please stop!" :D

Ugh. I hate those people. Like... why purchase the Vampires pack if you don't want them to hunt for your Sims at midnight? Isn't that what they usually do?? Plus, there's garlic and, now, the option to disable it through the door!
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    edited March 2021
    calaprfy wrote: »
    I'd like to get excited over the traits but I can only see complaints and nerfings ahead. "Oh no, my evil sim is being evil! It's affecting my gameplay! Please stop!" :D

Ugh, I hope not. If they improve traits and then nerf the 'negative' ones, I just might start a serious campaign for TS4 to have Easy, Medium and Hard mode settings (or maybe something like "Peaceful, Normal, and Chaotic" would be better names). I'm so tired of TS4 being all sunshine and rainbows with sims barely ever dying or experiencing any negativity. But I know some prefer that, which is why I think it would be good if we were given a choice to play in different modes. I just personally crave chaos.
    I agree. We need more challenges... that are opt-out-able, of course, for the sake of other people's gameplay style.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    The little girl's hair looks different, too. Is it something we already have, or is it a redo of those weird puffs from the base game?

662644397b603961abc227e12f89d5a1.png
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Opposite playstyle here, and I'm anxious about "improved" traits. If they get more weight, that could mean that for example mean sims become unable to hold a normal conversation at all. That would be a steep price for bunkbeds to pay.

I'd love that. Mean sims actually being mean.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Trait improvements can just mean re-balancing the moodlets we get from personality traits. Ain't getting my hopes high.

Same. I'd rather be surprised to be wrong than disappointed.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited March 2021
    Gordy wrote: »
    The little girl's hair looks different, too. Is it something we already have, or is it a redo of those weird puffs from the base game?

662644397b603961abc227e12f89d5a1.png

It's a redo! Thank god, the BG one had awful textures and the buns were scaled too big.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited March 2021
    The bunk bed looks like it'll be modular from the picture so the bunk is a separate item to the bed and can be placed as a loft bed as well, that's just a base game bed with a separate bunk placed on top. If it was an all in one item they would've matched the wood on the bottom bed and the covers
    ExGMDxPWUAAwOZ0?format=jpg&name=large

Not a fan of the wood texture on the bunk though, it looks kind of alpha. Maybe it was designed as part of their CC creator collab?
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

Kind of random but I'm pretty sure the rocket painting has a new swatch. The painting in the game does not have a purple color variant.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    The bunk bed looks like it'll be modular from the picture so the bunk is a separate item to the bed and can be placed as a loft bed as well, that's just a base game bed with a separate bunk placed on top. If it was an all in one item they would've matched the wood on the bottom bed and the covers

Not a fan of the wood texture on the bunk though, it looks kind of alpha. Maybe it was designed as part of their CC creator collab?

Iron Seagull posted a video last night musing we might be getting loft beds, not just straight bunk beds; that would actually be far more flexible.

https://youtu.be/XS8igyb9-Uw

You could put a lot of different things underneath -- desk, chair, toybox, or even a toddler bed which would make it possible to play families in a smaller house.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    filipomel wrote: »
    So first we get sentiments, then a new scared emotion, and now improved traits. I'm seeing a pattern emerge and I'm very much liking it.

This! I was excited for bunk b3ds but now i'm really really excited! Trait improvements? 😲😲😲😲
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Onverser wrote: »

Iron Seagull posted a video last night musing we might be getting loft beds, not just straight bunk beds; that would actually be far more flexible.

https://youtu.be/XS8igyb9-Uw

You could put a lot of different things underneath -- desk, chair, toybox, or even a toddler bed which would make it possible to play families in a smaller house.
    Omg that would be amazing, I hope he's right!
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---