Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do more Simmers who want Better Babies play on Long Life/aging off?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    charmed4life4charmed4life4 Posts: 178 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Sims Freeplay does have the best babies in the Sims franchise too:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDJx7dCdOI8

I for some reason never played freeplay or saw videos, but it is clear that the actual PC game got screwed in the babies department lol. Thank you for the video I seriously just downloaded the app!
  • Options
    SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    I am unsure how or if I want babies changed. I don't have any strong opinions on this for myself. I play with aging on for the current family and non-played sims. I play with long lifespan on but I also use MCCC to manipulate the aging process. I have my seasons set to 28 days each and base my aging on this. Babies are set to 7 days. Children and teens are set to 112 days or 4 seasons. Young adults are set to 224 days or 4 seasons x2. Adults are doubled at 448 days. Elders are set to 112.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I play most of my saves on long life, but I really don’t mind babies the way they are now. I generally age them up at the three day mark regardless because it’s all I can take of the neediness and whaling.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I also want to be able to change babies’ names without having to age them up to toddlers.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    MelsieYTMelsieYT Posts: 289 Member
    I would LOVE better babies but I'm not complaining about what we have now.

I play on long lifespan modified further with MCCC (My longest-running save file is only on gen 2, with gen 3 kids/toddlers). I have different settings for different saves but generally my pregnancies last 6 days, which is double what's normal.

I have one save that would very much benefit from better babies as it's incredibly story driven. I feel like I could get so much deeper into pregnancy/baby storylines. For that one though I need time to go through and play different households, so I've bumped up my pregnancies to 18 days (a trimester is 6 days instead of the usual 1).

As a family/generations/legacy player focusing on long-term storytelling I would appreciate something a bit more substantial, which is what I'm basically getting at.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I so need playable babies. Free the Babies, Free the Babies!! :p
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    edited March 2021
    I think babies are fine, it is a little disappointing that they're tied to their bassinettes, but at the same time, I'm glad that they are. Nothing crudded me off more than in TS3 when my sims or their guests would remove the babies from the cribs, carry them around only to just place them on the floor instead of putting them back or passing them off to another sim, preferably their parent.
    Like, excuse me, what? It was even worse when the NPC visitor would refuse to give the child back to their parent or older (teen) sibling (it was an interaction IIRC "pass the baby")
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults