Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you repair your game often?

Amj1995Amj1995 Posts: 4,068 Member
I don't know if it's necessary or not, but I repair my game every time I add a new pack, update to my game, or of course there's an issue occurring in-game.

I usually have a few minor in-game bugs, but nothing serious to where I couldn't play. *knocks on wood*

How often do you repair your game?

And for those who don't know how to through Origin:
Open Origin app
Go to your "My Game Library"
Right-click on "The Sims 4"
Choose "Repair" option.

Do you repair your game often? 120 votes

Yes
20% 25 votes
No
64% 77 votes
Other, explain
15% 18 votes

Comments

• Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I don't really have to. I rarely encounter things that seem to need to be fixed by it (no mods or CC). My game files do not tend to get corrupted in 4. Probably because it hasn't crashed while saving like Medieval or freaked out while downloading an update/new pack.
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    I do it whenever there's a new patch and the game updates. I don't repair otherwise, but there are a lot of patches so I repair often.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    edited March 2021
    I used to repair my game always after every new patch/update and installing a new pack.
    I can't do that anymore, because repairing the game lasts forever nowadays and it also freezes my laptop. The last time I tried it never finished repairing, I got a pop up that said there was an error. It seems that I can't repair my game anymore. I won't try it until I absolutely have to, because the last time it messed up my laptop so bad.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I'm in a similar situation to Kimmer. Repairing my game makes my CPU run red with system use, making it impossible to do anything else and requiring a restart just to free up system memory once it's done.

I have done the occasional repair where I cancelled all the packs (or almost all) out of the queue, and that wasn't as bad, system wise, but I haven't repaired nearly as much as I used to since Origin started having that bug. Waiting for EA desktop to get out of beta.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I used to to do it fairly regular but the last few months or so it has started taking hours to complete so now I avoid it.
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    I'll only attempt a repair when the save is corrupted. So far, it's never worked....
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    origin triggers this legacy edition error when attempting to play at times however the sims 4 icon disappears off the desktop before that anyway which is a typical indication the game has to under go repairs. i don't know what causes it or why, but i have to repair this game on origin every other day like clockwork.

While the packs repair as they should, about 98% of the time the base game fails to repair and i have to retry it and then restart my laptop, auto login and then it repairs.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Only if something is wrong.
  • Options
    LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    Amj1995 wrote: »
    I don't know if it's necessary or not, but I repair my game every time I add a new pack, update to my game, or of course there's an issue occurring in-game.

Same as you OP I don’t repair my game otherwise.

• Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    No. But I always clear my cache after closing the game.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    I only repair my game when it gets glitchy, which isn't very often.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I had to repair it a few times after an update didn't install properly and I could either not launch the game or it caused bugs. Usually I try to avoid it as it takes quite a lot of time.
  • Options
    HazellHazell Posts: 304 Member
    I have to say I didn't know this was even a thing & I've been playing since Sims 2 :#
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    I only repaired my game twice or so. Only when I had the feeling that something is wrong. But it takes a long time to repair so I won't repair unless I think it is necessary.
  • Options
    Amj1995Amj1995 Posts: 4,068 Member
    Hazell wrote: »
    I have to say I didn't know this was even a thing & I've been playing since Sims 2 :#

@Hazell - I'm not sure if there was a repairing option in the Sims 2 or 3, but I wasn't very computer literate as I sort of am today. And back then the Sims games didn't launch through Origin (I think they still open through their own launcher?).

• Options
    GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    Yes, repair, clear origin cache, delete localthumbcache file, & when necessary factory reset. My computer isn't the best for handling the Sims, so to keep the game running these are just things I have to do (at least until I get a better computer).
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• Options
    Chocaholic523Chocaholic523 Posts: 61 Member
    Nope, not unless there is an issue that absolutely requires it.
    Opinions are like a$$holes; everyone has one.

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0wSZ0g-hej0eCHccSeLaUA
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    I don't repair unless I absolutely have to, like it has to be the last resort.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I know i should repair after every update but usually i'm so excited with the new content that i forget. But i do repair sometimes... 😬
  • Options
    Hauk150Hauk150 Posts: 358 Member
    No, i only repair it when i really need to
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    Only when the plants play dead, so like once every sim-winter :)
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    I have never repaired my game. I don't have a lot of the content, don't run mods, and only have the glitches/issues that are part of the game, so it's (luckily) never been necessary.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Everytime, there's a new patch or new pack/kit. Files always needs to be reorganized in the PC even when players play Vanilla.
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Only if something is wrong.

Same. I only remember it's something to try when I encounter an error or bug, which thankfully isn't often.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    Only when I have a weird glitch that is unknown.