Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

All my kits have vanished.

For some reason all three of my Kits have not merely magically uninstalled - resulting in all Kit items and gameplay being removed from my builds and inventories - but Origin currently registers that I NEVER BOUGHT THEM. Even though I did. They were there a couple of hours ago.

I closed the game, and closed and reopened Origin. It registers the same.

In other words, EA has just stolen my money.
Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.

Comments

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I got something similar with one of the TS3 EPs. I didn't buy it through Origin, but I registered it and when I checked some time ago it wasn't listed as owned.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited March 2021
    The same thing has happened to me except it's only removed two of the three kits from my game and on Origin it says I haven't bought them. I don't even know what to do about this. I've never had anything like this happen before.
  • Options
    foxybillyfoxybilly Posts: 231 Member
    you would have a record of the purchase on your credit card or bank account - you can prove purchase
  • Options
    SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    For some reason all three of my Kits have not merely magically uninstalled - resulting in all Kit items and gameplay being removed from my builds and inventories - but Origin currently registers that I NEVER BOUGHT THEM. Even though I did. They were there a couple of hours ago.

This happened to me too. In a mere 10 minutes on the chat with a guy, it was fixed. Go to your EA account and see if the purchases are there. Then utilize the chat feature in help and they will help you out. It's apparently a known issue.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Options
    ElokaEloka Posts: 184 Member
    I purchased the country kitchen and bust the dust kit, I was playing with them fine last night. I went to load up my game today and it said items were removed, I realised it was the kitchen.

I left the game and checked the kit and it's saying I never purchased them? I've tried restarting my pc, reinstalling origin it doesn't help.
  • Options
    EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 340 Member
    edited March 2021
    I don't own any of the kits, but this is apparently a known issue.
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Same for me, I just loaded up the game and noticed the kits items were all missing - when I look for the kit information in game it says 'unowned' and origin don't remember that I bought them. So annoyed right now. I wonder what the heck is going on?
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    SimmerJillerskiSimmerJillerski Posts: 56 Member
    multitudes of people on twitter are reporting the same issue. More each minute.
  • Options
    SimQARoboSimQARobo Posts: 248 SimQA
    Hello.

This issue is being worked on. We hope to have a resolution soon. Apologies for the inconvenience.
    If I don't actively respond here, I'm sorry. I can get a bit busy over at https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en
  • Options
    shygirlshygirl Posts: 221 Member
    I have the same problem, it shows I never bought 2 of the 3 kits, I'm glad it's being worked on
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Everyone. You need to sign in to your EA ACCOUNT to check purchases and to fix this problem:

Go here: ea.com
    Click on Account Settings.
    From the Left panel choose Order History
    Confirm your purchases are there.

NEXT: Access Help

Click on the EA Help on the upper right part of your screen next to your account icon.
    Click CONTACT US upper left-hand corner of the screen
    In the "What can we help you with? Select the game or service" line, input the Sims 4
    Select your platform.
    Select Manage My Account.
    Select Find Missing Game
    Click Select Contact Option.
    A chat box will open up. Complete it with all necessary information.
    Then a chat will begin as soon as help is available.

• Options
    BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    I have all three kits and it says I have none.
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
  • Options
    You have to access EA to fix it. See my post above.

• Options
    MyloFarmerMyloFarmer Posts: 2 New Member
    [quote="SimsLady2000;c-17828951"]You have to access EA to fix it. See my post above.
    [/quote] I wish I could do this but it’s 22h20 here and they stop working at 21h 😩
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    @SimLady2000 I don't get any chat options, so I guess I'll have to wait. Good to see the purchases are recorded somewhere at least.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    owolululuowolululu Posts: 1 New Member
    me too :(
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Well there goes my Sims 4 play for awhile. Oh well, there's always my Sims 3 to play with until they fix Sims 4.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited March 2021
    The only thing I was doing, was using Testing Cheats True a few hours ago, and that's an official Sims cheat so it shouldn't have any effect. I have no Mods. It only kicked in after I left the game for dinner, then later loaded up again.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Loanet wrote: »

Please post here
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    My Kit Packs have returned now.

Even so it's a bug that is definitely a problem with Origin itself because I HAVE NO MODS.
  • Options
    Only one of my two missing kits have returned. I hope the missing one is still coming back.
  • Options
    MyloFarmerMyloFarmer Posts: 2 New Member
    Just checked. Nothing returned for me
  • Options
    Aine wrote: »
    @SimLady2000 I don't get any chat options, so I guess I'll have to wait. Good to see the purchases are recorded somewhere at least.

That's strange. I am in the holding pattern at the moment myself because two of my packs disappeared. I lost the country kitchen yesterday. Today, it was the other two :/ I'm no. 55 in line.

• Options
    All my kits are back now.
  • Options
    AmHen4105AmHen4105 Posts: 1 New Member
    I chatted with someone at EA and was told to just wait. They know of the issue. I just checked my game and 2 of them are back.