Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Looking for wood recolors and info on CEP's

SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
edited March 2021 in The Sims 2
Hi

I love recolors but they can get overwhelming so I am wondering if anyone knows of a creator that recolored most of the game furniture in the same wood recolors so I can download that instead of trying to match recolors to certain furniture objects..

I am also hoping someone can explain the various CEP's to me as yesterday when i was searching for a couple of things i noticed in the info it stated CEP required and I thought I already had that in my game but when I went to look it was for BV rocks I wanted in my lots as well as the neighborhood so do we need to add extra CEP's to the game even just for reclors?

I do have the scriptorium installed if that makes any difference.

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    CEP is required for Maxis recolors, not for custom objects etc. You can download the very last version over on MTS under Tools and Utilities (that's where it used to be).

Also, you may need to make sure this file, zCEP_extra file is in your Documents/The Sims 2UC folder. There is a problem with TS2UC that if you don't have that extra file in the TS2UC documents folder (not the downloads folder) some Maxis objects go missing with TS2UC.

The CEP_Documentation folder should be in your Documents folder in Drive C. So, that's two folders you need in two different places.

I don't know of anyone who just did matches for Maxis objects, but HolySmoly did do a few IIRC. Maybe someone on Tumblr has done some Maxis matches. I found a lot of my darker woods for the lighter objects just downloading from MTS over the years. Hard to say if anyone did this exclusively.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,928 Member
    Wooden recolors, Michelle. I am pretty sure there is nothing in game what she has not recolored :)
    https://modthesims.info/m/2668015
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    Thank you so much @Cinebar much appreciated

I think you stopped me from doing something wrong in my game :)

Thanks also @Ellupelluellu

I never looked at Michelle's because in my mind she only does very bright colors which I do have some of them in my game and as it's been a long time I again had forgotten she also recolours in MALM oak :)

must be an age thing :)
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Piggi Sims recoloured nearly everything in the game, in bright and normal / natural wood colours and ikea colours.

Sadly, Piggi is no longer with us, but you can find her things in various links like from this post - https://mishas-sims.tumblr.com/post/52948257701

There are many many pages of recolours in one of the box links. About 500+
    That should keep you going :D
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Thank you @Pary

That is defo tommorows project. I just love to scroll through sites like this when I am looking for stuff :)