Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

the sims 4 did the goth family dirty!!!

hey all!

after several years wondering why the goth family had such a tiny house in the sims 4 that let's face it is nothing quite like their house in the sims 3 i finally decided to give it a go myself and build them the manor they deserve, let me know what you think :smile: (i am thinking about moving the pond out of the corner
50956857563_f188906a7f_k.jpg02-18-21_10-45-30 PM by Lee Taylor, on Flickr
50956857833_322c45bbc1_k.jpg02-18-21_10-43-25 PM by Lee Taylor, on Flickr
50956857638_e17ed3a62b_k.jpg02-18-21_10-44-06 PM by Lee Taylor, on Flickr
50957664797_f47f0f715d_k.jpg02-18-21_10-44-00 PM by Lee Taylor, on Flickr

Comments

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    Nice job. But there is something to be said about Victorian Houses. And they cost a bundle, too. ;)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Lee12321Lee12321 Posts: 318 Member
    Nice job. But there is something to be said about Victorian Houses. And they cost a bundle, too. ;)

Thank you! I think the default house could be nice if it was on a bigger lot with more landscaping etc it just doesn’t feel like the house they should be in
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    edited February 2021
    Lee12321 wrote: »

Thank you! I think the default house could be nice if it was on a bigger lot with more landscaping etc it just doesn’t feel like the house they should be in

I agree! I actually like the house itself, but the lot size is ridiculous. I have moved them (house and all) to forgotten hollow a few times. Really nice job on your build though, I never have the patience to finish one that size.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I downloaded them a nice mansion from the gallery, I’m not at my pc so I can’t post pics but I replaced Oakenstead, the 50x50 lot near the Spencer-Kim-Lewis house. Because Ophelia Villa just didn’t seem grand enough to me.
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    I've found Ophelia Villa to be really good. Bella's aspiration to throw parties works well there and it's easy to keep guests entertained as the kitchen, dining, and living room are well connected. I have more trouble in larger houses with the parties.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    The only thing that bugs me about the Goth house is Alexander's room all by itself on the third floor. I would love to find a version of their house with an expanded third floor. Maybe a spooky seance room could be up there.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    It's a really nice build I love how it came out I have trouble building up like that but when I do get it I like it and I can appreciate others that definitely get it. I built them a more compact house in a different style but I like this one if you plan on making it available let me know, this I want. :D
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited February 2021
    I think Ophelia Villa house is good size for this particular Goth household

in ts1 they had smaller house
    ts2 it was about same size as this one

ts3 goth house is only bigger because its Mortimers parents house

but yes i do think they should have actual graveyard though so for that bigger lot would have been nice

but then again we didn't have ghosts when game released so thats probably why they didn't think to add the graveyard...

but even then there should be enough space for wedding cause of the don and cassandra thing

hmmm yes the lot should be bigger house is okay size

though i find ophelia villa in general too bulky looking next to my other builds so i might make them new house eventually
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    edited February 2021
    telemwill wrote: »
    The only thing that bugs me about the Goth house is Alexander's room all by itself on the third floor. I would love to find a version of their house with an expanded third floor. Maybe a spooky seance room could be up there.

I agree. I ended up adding another room on the second floor for Alexander. The third floor is now Mortimer's office. I can't remember if I shared it though.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I wanted to give them a butler until such a time as Cassandra could summon Bonehilda, so I made the top room into the butler's bedroom:
    02-19-21_9-02-30%C2%A0AM.png?dl=0

Then the kids rooms on the second floor:
    02-19-21_9-02-18%C2%A0AM.png?dl=0

In my game, Alexander is into space and chemistry and stuff, he's going to be a scientist. Cassie has the seance table in her room.
  • Options
    PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    I've done something similar - I gave them all an "Addams Family" makeover and I made them a spooky/paranormal pack big, grand house and moved them to the island in Brindleton Bay, where the graveyard is for added effects
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    It's beautiful. I love it and would put it in my neighborhood in a heartbeat. But not for the Goths I think. I'm sort of partial to them being in a "creepy" Gothic Victorian manner. I agree, their house is tiny for them and all their old money ways but I guess I'm sentimental for the Victorian.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited February 2021
    Their original house can be quite nice with a bit of fixing up. The tiny room at the top for Alexander is a little questionable though when you compare it with the huge room that Cassandra has. It almost feels a akin to the cupboard under the stairs or maybe I'm just over thinking. :D

I really like the op's version though. It is quite impressive.
  • Options
    SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    I like the house they came in, but wish Alexander had a personal elevator to his room becasue by the time he gets up and down all those stairs half the day has passed..
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    Someone on the gallery did a version of their TS2 house, so I use that one. :)
  • Options
    boombamboomboombamboom Posts: 52 Member
    OMG, what a beautiful house! It's a yes to me.
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited February 2021
    very beautiful :)
    on my last save i deleted Vlad's house and put 5 sim lane (ts1 Goths mansion) on that lot. it really looks beautiful.
    didn't make it myself though i saw a bunch on the gallery and chose one, i don't remember who created it (sorry) but it was well done!
    it even had the clown painting on the bathroom haha
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    The TS4 house is fine, with some tweaking, though I like the TS2 one better. Am partial to Victorian, so that may be why. The main fault with t he TS4 house is the lot, which should be about twice its current size., again following the TS2 pattern.
  • Options
    Kita5399 wrote: »
    Lee12321 wrote: »

I agree! I actually like the house itself, but the lot size is ridiculous. I have moved them (house and all) to forgotten hollow a few times. Really nice job on your build though, I never have the patience to finish one that size.

Ooo I never thought of moving them there!! Honestly I spent yesterday completely re-landscaping the outside so I still haven't furnished the inside
  • Options
    I downloaded them a nice mansion from the gallery, I’m not at my pc so I can’t post pics but I replaced Oakenstead, the 50x50 lot near the Spencer-Kim-Lewis house. Because Ophelia Villa just didn’t seem grand enough to me.

That's the lot I'm using to build on too I've never built there before and I love it, the surrounding area is beautiful!
  • Options
    Kerrigan wrote: »
    I've found Ophelia Villa to be really good. Bella's aspiration to throw parties works well there and it's easy to keep guests entertained as the kitchen, dining, and living room are well connected. I have more trouble in larger houses with the parties.

I've not really looked at it like that I don't really play with townies since TS3 I just like to renovate their houses to update them with the packs
  • Options
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I think Ophelia Villa house is good size for this particular Goth household

in ts1 they had smaller house
    ts2 it was about same size as this one

ts3 goth house is only bigger because its Mortimers parents house

but yes i do think they should have actual graveyard though so for that bigger lot would have been nice

but then again we didn't have ghosts when game released so thats probably why they didn't think to add the graveyard...

but even then there should be enough space for wedding cause of the don and cassandra thing

hmmm yes the lot should be bigger house is okay size

though i find ophelia villa in general too bulky looking next to my other builds so i might make them new house eventually

Very good points I didn't consider the fact that their house in TS3 isn't actually Mortimers and Bellas
  • Options
    I wanted to give them a butler until such a time as Cassandra could summon Bonehilda, so I made the top room into the butler's bedroom:
    02-19-21_9-02-30%C2%A0AM.png?dl=0

Then the kids rooms on the second floor:
    02-19-21_9-02-18%C2%A0AM.png?dl=0

In my game, Alexander is into space and chemistry and stuff, he's going to be a scientist. Cassie has the seance table in her room.

I love what you've done :smile:
  • Options
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »
    It's beautiful. I love it and would put it in my neighborhood in a heartbeat. But not for the Goths I think. I'm sort of partial to them being in a "creepy" Gothic Victorian manner. I agree, their house is tiny for them and all their old money ways but I guess I'm sentimental for the Victorian.

Thank you so much, I've always pictured them in a kinda countryside mansion/manor
  • Options
    I've done something similar - I gave them all an "Addams Family" makeover and I made them a spooky/paranormal pack big, grand house and moved them to the island in Brindleton Bay, where the graveyard is for added effects

Share some photos this sounds so good!