Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What kind of occults do you want next in the sims 4?

Comments

• Options
    DragonmasterleoDragonmasterleo Posts: 294 Member
    Werewolves
    CatLady21 wrote: »
    I would love a Resulka or Kobold!

that is the most random thing ever... I don't think they would ever do whatever that is...
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Werewolves

that is the most random thing ever... I don't think they would ever do whatever that is...

They're Folklore fairies. A Rusalka is kind of Ondine or Nixie - a Russian water spirit, I believe, and Kobolds are german mining faeries, similar to the Cornish Nocker.
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    Fairies

and you have to say it with such contempt?
  • Options
    GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 722 Member
    Fairies
    @Reedfish If they did Scottish fae they could have the Bean Nighe, with a capacity for her to grant 3 wishes or be a portent for death. You could also have a Cait Sith or Cu Sith with the option to have it as a pet or a familiar if you also had Cats and Dogs and/or Realm of Magic. A Nucklavee would be cool as well, but perhaps a tad too far away from the family friendly rating (unless they made it very cartoonish).

@CatLady21 A Rusalka would be cool, especially as traditionally they are the undead souls of drowned maidens. You could have lake areas that Sims could swim in, but if they died by drowning there's a chance they could come back as a Rusalka. Other Sims could go on quests in order to free their spirits from the water.
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• Options
    CatLady21CatLady21 Posts: 29 Member
    I played Quest for Glory 1, an adventure & RPG game, there was a kobold in a cave who knew magic. He cursed a Young Baron, the Baron's son, into a bear. When I broke his curse, I went further into the cave and a kobold stood waiting for me. This kobold was a small creature. Who threw spells at me. Of course, the Young Baron is a snotty, ungrateful kind of character who I felt shouldn't have been saved, but it is part of the game. Ungrateful characters do exist in many media, games, etc such as the Young Baron. So, yeah, that is where I knew what a Kobold really was.

https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.8X04VRY3djNbN7YzjVqmiAAAAA&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300
  • Options
    temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    Werewolves
    I played Quest for Glory 1, an adventure & RPG game, there was a kobold in a cave who knew magic. He cursed a Young Baron, the Baron's son, into a bear. When I broke his curse, I went further into the cave and a kobold stood waiting for me. This kobold was a small creature. Who threw spells at me. Of course, the Young Baron is a snotty, ungrateful kind of character who I felt shouldn't have been saved, but it is part of the game. Ungrateful characters do exist in many media, games, etc such as the Young Baron. So, yeah, that is where I knew what a Kobold really was.

https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.8X04VRY3djNbN7YzjVqmiAAAAA&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300

What the hell are those blue things, the only Kobolds I know are from D&D and they're either little Chihuahua men or Miniature Dragonborn standing at knee height, Dragonborns themselves are humanoid wingless and tailless dragons.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Werewolves

What the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ are those blue things, the only Kobolds I know are from D&D and they're either little Chihuahua men or Miniature Dragonborn standing at knee height, Dragonborns themselves are humanoid wingless and tailless dragons.

Yeah, Gygax did Kobolds dirty. Honestly, the Monster Manuals (at least through 2nd ed... I moved on to different systems after that) did a lot of critters from Folklore dirty.
  • Options
    CatLady21CatLady21 Posts: 29 Member
    temporalgod, that is the kobold from the Quest for Glory series, the very first game in fact. It was in the vga version as the original game did not have a kobold looking like that. Both versions had several differences throughout the game.

QFG1(Quest for Glory 1 VGA) The kobold is blue

However,

QFG1(Quest for Glory 1 EGA) The kobold is not blue but looks different
    https://tse4.explicit.bing.net/th?id=OIP.JvI_bAmQs4ID4y39EQX9dAHaFj&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300
  • Options
    jomilejjomilej Posts: 191 Member
    This is so weird, because it was literally last night it crossed my mind how cool it would be to have a superhero/villian pack. Creating your costume, choosing your powers, a new world with Gotham City type vibes, keeping your identity secret, and the actual gameplay would be so fun! There would be so much you could do with it. I'm suprised it's come out so low on the poll!

That's because I think Weewolves, Fairies and The grim repaer are the hype of the moment so they come so high and the rest is kinda overseen...I really like super heroes and villains too! Like being the good or the bad guy (some careers could be boosted too like the criminal ones or the villainy degree in DU)
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Dragon pets (we never know lol it could be)
    I would like dragons
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Dragon pets (we never know lol it could be)
    @Reedfish If they did Scottish fae they could have the Bean Nighe, with a capacity for her to grant 3 wishes or be a portent for death. You could also have a Cait Sith or Cu Sith with the option to have it as a pet or a familiar if you also had Cats and Dogs and/or Realm of Magic. A Nucklavee would be cool as well, but perhaps a tad too far away from the family friendly rating (unless they made it very cartoonish).

@CatLady21 A Rusalka would be cool, especially as traditionally they are the undead souls of drowned maidens. You could have lake areas that Sims could swim in, but if they died by drowning there's a chance they could come back as a Rusalka. Other Sims could go on quests in order to free their spirits from the water.

yes please so much better then tinker bell
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Werewolves
    I would like dragons

In some dragon myths they're known to take human forms, would be cool to have sims with horns, wings, scales and tails that can turn into their dragon forms.
  • Options
    Werewolves

I'm sorry if my tone was offensive. It is hard to express your tone without using emojis (which I don't use)
  • Options
    Werewolves
    I would like dragons

I am very enthusiastic about dragons, but I would only like them in-game if done right, and I'm almost willing to bet money that they won't do it right (I said almost), so I don't want them in the sims 4.
  • Options
    krist556krist556 Posts: 70 Member
    Occult careers (Reapers, ghost hunters, fortune tellers)
    i want ghost hunters that capture ghosts
  • Options
    Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    Werewolves
    jomilej wrote: »
    Tammors wrote: »
    My brother and niece do have a couple characters that they rp as werewolves, using the bigfoot costume, so a werewolves would be helpful for them. Instead of werewolves, though, how about lycanthropes or shape shifters? Werewolves aren't the only lycanthrope. They could have a "lycanthrope" option, that can turn into a wolf, but has other options if you have certain expansions.

For example, if you have Snowy Escape, your lycanthrope could also change into a fox (and maybe also a tanuki, but a sexy werefox would be fun to play). If you have Island Living, your lycanthrope could become a shark.

The fortune teller as an occupation sounds fun too (or as a skill?). My niece rps a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ fortune teller, as a spellcaster, and her roommate wears the wolf costume. It might be cool to see her use crystal balls and read palms, and maybe give tale of dark foreboding.

Lycanthrope comes from Wolf and Man/human (lukos for Wolf and anthropos for human) so lycanthropes are always wolves not other animals!
    Lycans are wolves but shapeshifters can be anything.
  • Options
    ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited June 2021
    Genies.
    But they should be inspired by the Jinn of the middle east so that they can have an advancement tree similar to vampires and they can have different specialities and levels of power and whatnot.

Or maybe a ghost overhaul that introduces angels and demons. Ghost could be the neutral state, and they could become more of an angelic or a demonic type of occult depending on how good or mean they were in life, or even based on what they do as ghosts. Very secular forms of angels and demons, of course. Higher beings and lower beings, whatever you wanna call them lol i just want being dead to mean more. It would also make the reputation system even more impactful and meaningful.
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    Werewolves
    Paralee wrote: »
    Genies.
    But they should be inspired by the Jinn of the middle east so that they can have an advancement tree similar to vampires and they can have different specialities and levels of power and whatnot.

Or maybe a ghost overhaul that introduces angels and demons. Ghost could be the neutral state, and they could become more of an angelic or a demonic type of occult depending on how good or mean they were in life, or even based on what they do as ghosts. Very secular forms of angels and demons, of course. Higher beings and lower beings, whatever you wanna call them lol i just want being dead to mean more.

you have multiple types of of Genies/Jinns

Marid
    Hinn
    Ghoul
    Jann
    Marid
    Ifrit
    Shiqq
    Nasnas
    Palis
    Sa'lit
    Shaitann

I usually associate Ghouls with Vampires rather than Jinn, but technically Jinn Ghouls are the older concept.
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Occult careers (Reapers, ghost hunters, fortune tellers)
    More Grim, Graveyard, ect.

Dragons, unicorns, castle, ect would be neat next

Third, fairies, but wouldn't be brokenhearted if we never get them.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,137 Member
    Werewolves
    Wow @temporalgod , you're up on your Genieology. I just know of "I Dream of Jeannie" and Aladdin's Genie.
  • Options
    Werewolves
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Wow @temporalgod , you're up on your Genieology. I just know of "I Dream of Jeannie" and Aladdin's Genie.

I like studying mythology regardless of culture, do you guys know about China's Hopping Vampires call the Jhangshi or even the Noppera-bō of Japan.
  • Options
    MsMayMsMay Posts: 440 Member
    Werewolves
    I chose & wanting werewolves because we do need long claws, body hair, werewolves teeth, & etc. in the sims 4 CAS. I hope we get an better werewolves transformation maybe like the vampire had their third stage of transformation. Like after normal sims get bitten by an maybe alpha werewolves. In the early stages (maybe first stage) of changing, sims feelings sick, sims noticed having six senses of hearing things and smelling anythings from a distance. Second stage, maybe starting growing some little thicker body hair on their body, changing of behaviors like growling & fighting at the sims, howling whatever they want to and howling during the Lunar Cycle, their feeling of predators instinct of wanting to hunt for foods like fishes & other foods (no eating animals) in the wild. The third stage, turn into an werewolves (maybe in CAS like vampire, you can customize your werewolves sims whatever you want). And whatever kind of werewolves abilities, I hope they will have maybe an skill trees like the vampires lore skills & spellcasters perk skills. Maybe it would be cool if after your werewolves sims reaching the full bars as an alpha in the skill trees, maybe you can choose to wanting to turning your werewolves into an normal wolves with glowing eyes like in the sims 2 or full lycan with glowing eyes as a final form. I also do want body hair & long nails for normal sims too. I’m not ruling out wanting fairies, plantsims, dragons, imaginary friends, Occult Careers, Super Heroes, & etc. add in the sims 4. I hope we have more occult in the game in the future
  • Options
    barracuda1574barracuda1574 Posts: 115 Member
    Werewolves
    I chose werewolves because zombies weren't an option. ;) My favorite Sim of all time was my Sims2 Don Lothario zombie sim.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Werewolves
    Werewolves come in all shapes and sizes, some transform during a full moon, others transform at will, there's different versions of werewolves just like how there's different versions of Vampires, like take Vlad for example when most people think of vampires, Nosferatu are usually the last thing people think of, Vampires are generally known to be attractively hot blood sucking undead monsters like Angel (Buffy) Selene (Underworld) or Aidan (Being Human the US version).
  • Options
    munroelemunroele Posts: 286 Member
    Fairies
    Only necessities for me personally are permanent and better plantsims, fairies with a SKILL TREE!!, dragons and unicorns. I personally dont care for werewolves (but I would also buy a pack if they came in it), or anything much else. I have vampires, mermaids and witches, I only need a couple more and I'm happy.