Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 is the best game ever

Comments

• Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I just want to say that I enjoyed reading the conversation about newpapers and their absence and also sims' relationship with technology. Personally I'd like newspapers back because some of my sims would enjoy them for sure. We're also in dire need of an object that would allow us to skill logic (that isn't chess table, book - or something enormous).
  • Options
    estella_deeestella_dee Posts: 263 Member
    I've played since the original sims game, didn't have all the EPs for that iteration though, but it was definitely more fun. I have all the packs in TS4, and I honestly wouldn't go as this game as THE best game. It has better CAS and Build mode, I'll give them that. And there are certain features that I think are better in this game than the previous ones. And I do agree that the devs don't owe us Open World, or Create-A-Style or fire stations, or even robbers or cars. This is after all a different game... But they do owe us a game that actually works. Like, oh I don't know, maybe game features that don't glitch/bug out. Because honestly this game is THE buggiest, yeah TS 3 was difficult to play even on high-end systems, but this game you get bugs and glitches on ALL of the packs that has been released. We are literally playing a broken game.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited February 2021
    I've played since the original sims game, didn't have all the EPs for that iteration though, but it was definitely more fun. I have all the packs in TS4, and I honestly wouldn't go as this game as THE best game. It has better CAS and Build mode, I'll give them that. And there are certain features that I think are better in this game than the previous ones. And I do agree that the devs don't owe us Open World, or Create-A-Style or fire stations, or even robbers or cars. This is after all a different game... But they do owe us a game that actually works. Like, oh I don't know, maybe game features that don't glitch/bug out. Because honestly this game is THE buggiest, yeah TS 3 was difficult to play even on high-end systems, but this game you get bugs and glitches on ALL of the packs that has been released. We are literally playing a broken game.

I agree, yes Sims 4 has the best CAS and Building tools and it should rightfully so but everything else lacks. Sims 4 has not really evolved as any other game should have and I can't call it an reboot as for me if it was it has turned out to be an bad reboot. Some do rush to defend this game and that is their right, but is my right to call it what it is. You are right Sims 4 has bugs just like Sims 2 and 3 had bugs and it is all here on the forum and what is ironic most of the features has been stripped from the game as not to tamper with performance yet the bugs still exist and for me it is how well an developer keeps up on the maintenance on its program and EA/Maxis has an poor track record when it comes to that. If people want bells and whistles it requires upgrades on your system and technology has moved quite fast today. All I wrote in this post is my thought alone.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    As a collective, it's like Sims players can't get past that game developers are allowed to go in a different direction with each iteration. They don't owe us open world, create a style, or fire stations. Yes, more hair colors would be nice - do you remember that Sims 2 only had 4 hair colors? Do you remember that Sims 3 university only had 5 majors, and none were social sciences? It was more like Sims 3 trade school.

They are allowed to go in a different direction but the problem for many people is that they have neglected the actual Sims themselves and the simulation part of it. And I have to say I agree. For a game called "The Sims" it certainly doesn't have very interesting sims so what do you wanna do with it.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    @LiELF @CAPTAIN_NXR7 I thought you guys might want to see this
    Technophobe A Lifestyle dedicated to the avoidance of technology! To acquire or maintain this Lifestyle, a Sim should pursue a livelihood without Power or technology, even going so far as to sabotage or break electronics from time to time.
    this should be a reward trait in store anyway as I said above still my favorite sims game even though this shouldn't be locked behind Lifestyle
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    @Goldmoldar I didn't say it was realistic, I said it was based off of modern day living. Every Sims game has chosen a timeline for its gameplay parody and that timeline is always the current modern day. Therefore, the activities and "normalities" of what the gameplay will include and the basic game design will reflect that. That's one of the reasons why older players tend to have more of an issue with "missing gameplay" and younger and newer players tend to find it more accurate and acceptable. Modern lifestyles change as technology and habits and social issues change. It's just basic evolution. Sims 5 will most likely reflect the lifestyles and habits of today. (Except not in a pandemic, lol.)
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Technophobe A Lifestyle dedicated to the avoidance of technology! To acquire or maintain this Lifestyle, a Sim should pursue a livelihood without Power or technology, even going so far as to sabotage or break electronics from time to time.
    this should be a reward trait in store anyway as I said above still my favorite sims game even though this shouldn't be locked behind Lifestyle

I did see that, it looks great! Only problem with me is, I play so many households that Lifestyles don't really stick to my Sims because I'm always switching who I play. Maybe if I can summon the attention span to stick with one for a week I'll see how it works. :lol:
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I saw a wonderful suggestion from @AnotherPlumbob on Twitter a week or two ago where he suggested that the tablet have an online newspaper and of course the PC could also have it. I actually prefer this idea to having a physical paper. It would suit the Sims 4 and present times much more.

Personally I never liked the newspaper delivery. If I had the option to cancel it I always did.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I saw a wonderful suggestion from @AnotherPlumbob on Twitter a week or two ago where he suggested that the tablet have an online newspaper and of course the PC could also have it. I actually prefer this idea to having a physical paper. It would suit the Sims 4 and present times much more.

Personally I never liked the newspaper delivery. If I had the option to cancel it I always did.

They could add a newspaper on all electronic devices, tablet, computer. phone. And while they are at it they should add an alarm clock to tablets, phones and radios. Also, would be nice if we could have something like an electronic diary or notes where we could add information about a sim's biography.
  • Options
    I'd love to have a Stuff Pack or Game Pack theme for "The Good 'ol Days", that brings back retro Sims features. It could have land line phones, phone booths, a doorbell feature, newspaper delivery, photo booths, small telescopes, pool tables, police npcs, burglars, old activities and a way to turn off your Sims' phones so they don't use them or get any calls or texts. Fashions could be 1950s to 80s.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    I'd love to have a Stuff Pack or Game Pack theme for "The Good 'ol Days", that brings back retro Sims features. It could have land line phones, phone booths, a doorbell feature, newspaper delivery, photo booths, small telescopes, pool tables, police npcs, burglars, old activities and a way to turn off your Sims' phones so they don't use them or get any calls or texts. Fashions could be 1950s to 80s.

some of those objects are better on a patch but a pack with retro only features from the first sims games would be so cool
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member

I would love this.

I like the modern aesthetic a lot, but I don’t agree with the fact that it needs to encompass every area of the game. There is no reason that retail stores HAD to be “upgraded” with forced tablet checkout, for instance. That would have been a very neat option to upgrade modern tech stores with, but it completely leaves out the traditional register which is used primarily everywhere and fits with more retail aesthetics.

Newspapers should be back in The Sims, too. Just because the younger generation doesn’t typically subscribe to them nowadays doesn’t mean they wouldn’t make for fun gameplay in The Sims. I mean, I know The Sims 1 included very 50s-looking televisions and other retro-looking objects too. Sometimes it’s just fun to include and there’s nothing wrong with that. It gives the game personality, something sorely lacking with The Sims 4 as it forces a modern look at nearly every turn.
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    I like the modern aesthetic a lot, but I don’t agree with the fact that it needs to encompass every area of the game.

Yes, this is a critical point. It's kind of like how some stories now will do past time periods, in part because it allows them to get away with plots that are ruined by the characters all having cellphones. The modern, western overlay is presumably in part a thing because of the roots of the sims being about the suburban western culture or whatever, but from the standpoint of creativity as a simulation game, it greatly limits the range of stories you can tell, characters you can roleplay as, etc.

Thing is, if they want the sims to cling to its goofy suburban social commentary roots, that's their choice, but it doesn't seem like that's actually what they want to do, given choices like Mount Komorebi and Sulani. It just seems like the game is dependent on choices made early on that limit their ability to break away from it.

Being able to play the game in a way that has room to feel like a different time period or culture, not just an overlay atop the base suburbany thing of it, I think would probably be refreshing. And in a way that mostly matches the rest of the game, not something that necessarily has to be isolated out completely. Like Journey to Batuu is somewhat unique, but it's also largely inflexible and isolated in relation to the rest of the game and it's not nearly fleshed out enough to deserve being *that* isolated.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    TheSweetOneTheSweetOne Posts: 6 New Member
    I like Sims 4 a lot, it’s always fun. Though I do miss playing Sims 3, it was way better in my opinion.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited February 2021
    @Goldmoldar I didn't say it was realistic, I said it was based off of modern day living. Every Sims game has chosen a timeline for its gameplay parody and that timeline is always the current modern day. Therefore, the activities and "normalities" of what the gameplay will include and the basic game design will reflect that. That's one of the reasons why older players tend to have more of an issue with "missing gameplay" and younger and newer players tend to find it more accurate and acceptable. Modern lifestyles change as technology and habits and social issues change. It's just basic evolution. Sims 5 will most likely reflect the lifestyles and habits of today. (Except not in a pandemic, lol.)

Yes, I can see some basic evolution(it is very minimal) and it stops at that for Sims 4 never had an proper evolution as I played an lot of franchises over the years and I never seen an game go through evolution as Sims 4 did. There was no mixture of old and new and when they did put in an old feature it comes with limitations for example City Living with apts as in older versions I can make apts anywhere but in Sims 4 you are limited to build in City Living and you can't even build from scratch, I am going to end it there as I can write an book. I am not holding my breath on Sims 5 as no one even know if that will ever transpire.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    DreamWolfDreamWolf Posts: 8 New Member
    I just bought Sims 4 last week and it is a huge step up from 2 which was my last one. I do find glitches though - I have Sims who refuse to do anything - miss school everyday even though i get them standing outside and I click the go to school button all to no avail. They'll stand on the pavement all day . Very frustrating
  • Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited February 2021
    "Sims 4 is the best game in the franchise, actually the best game ever to exist."
    Perhaps change that to a 'in my opinion'. You love it, that's great, good you get so much fun from it.

Though the Sims 4 gets criticism because there are plenty of valid things to criticise, of course there are good things too... but the bad is pretty bad..Personally I think the main issue the Sims 4 has is EA.

They are voicing their opinion if they started the thread 😂, I do love the sims 4 and it has alot of potential to be the best in my opinion ( I better add that in) 😂, but definitely still needing worked on a bit, theres qualities and downfalls in every game, I think the sims 4 done celebrities better and a few other things, I personally like not being able to control pets, the create a sim the best in the franchise and build and buy is great and the worlds etc is visually stunning
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    TS4 has definitely provided me with many hours of entertainment, but nowadays I play pretty much just to provide some fun screen shots. Gameplay is lacking....or more to the point, individual personalities are lacking. Imagine how boring real life would be if everyone was the same--that's TS4 in a nutshell

Please dont take this the wrong way although the sims 4 is still missing things I definitely agree with that, it is a sandbox game for you to do what you want, if its boring, maybe its partly your fault, do you play your game the same way everytime ? Perhaps change things up a bit if you do, you control your sims, change your game style a bit, my game is a massive soap opera,
    full of scandals and drama, I create it *evil laugh* 😂, it's not boring for me because I make it not boring and I play a vanilla game, I use clubs to create my own npcs, i have a club with my creation of mrs crumplebottom her club is called mrs crumplebottoms revenge, she fights with youths in the nightclubs, I created a vampire gang that drink from people and woohoo with them 🤣, a geek club, mean girls teen club, a theif club they look like burglars a little, if my sim partner cheats, I control the sim that got betrayed to fight them and the person they cheated with and divorce them and they move out 😂@Nate_Whiplash1
    Post edited by Nikkih on
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited February 2021
    aside from comparing Sims 4 to non-Sims games , Sims 4 does not even compare favorably to the previous Sims games

I think that’s because Sims 4 feels very undeveloped to me. The game came out in 2014 and 7 years later there’s still stuff missing or needing fixing.

Sims 4 came out minus swimming pools. They patched them in a couple of months after. I don’t understand how pools weren’t in the launch considering they’ve been staple since Sims 1.

Also many of packs for Sims 4 seem watered down versions of previous Sims games.
    Sims 2 Bon Voyage we had 3 vacation worlds included.
    Sims 3 had World Adventures with China, France and Egypt.
    Sims 4 has separate holiday worlds.
    Outdoor Retreat for camping. Island Living for tropical, Jungle Adventure for jungle etc.

Sims 2 H&M Stuff Pack you could build your own store, there were three ready to put down and you had a great selection of clothes. Build and buy were full of great stuff. I used so much.

Sims 4 Moschino Stuff I only used the living room chair and the wallpaper. I didn’t like any of the clothes.

One reason I love the Sims is the lore behind it and having constant characters like The Goths etc. A mixture of old and new is important and one reason I stay with franchise over other games.

I complain because Sims 4 could be better. There’s potential for great things but it isn’t there yet.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Nikkih wrote: »
    TS4 has definitely provided me with many hours of entertainment, but nowadays I play pretty much just to provide some fun screen shots. Gameplay is lacking....or more to the point, individual personalities are lacking. Imagine how boring real life would be if everyone was the same--that's TS4 in a nutshell

Please dont take this the wrong way although the sims 4 is still missing things I definitely agree with that, it is a sandbox game for you to do what you want, if its boring, maybe its partly your fault, do you play your game the same way everytime ?

@Nikkih It is still a video game that is supposed to create fun and not rely on you to imagine fun. This is why some people like the Sims 2 and 3 better, because they are more fun. It's unfair to blame the players. It is supposed to be a sandbox game but not a dollhouse. There's a difference.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    I think sims 2 was my favorite game over all, my sims seemed more real to me.

There are things I really like about sims 4 like multitasking, the way my sims look, they can be thin or heavy, muscular or flabby. I really like the way we can make our sims look like what we want them to look like. I also like that we can have outfits where we can pick out the Tops bottoms, hats, shoes and accessories separately. I like the build mode a lot too. Also, when they came out with toddlers, they did an excellent job. One of the major things I like about sims 4 was there not being rabbit holes, or shell buildings, and I love the active careers. I stopped playing 3 because of rabbit holes in the beginning....

But there are some things I don’t like about the game too. I don’t like buying clothes off of mannequins in retail. And I don’t like that we don’t have to buy the clothes, clothes should cost money, whether we get them from the store, or just buying them from the computer or buy mode. It’s more realistic. We should be able to put the clothes, and other items like jewelry, shoes, hats, etc in drawers, closets, jewelry boxes, etc. and put things together from what we own in any order when we change. Also, we should not be able to get free food from a refrigerator. We should be required to buy it, again either from a computer or a store. It just makes the game more fun that way. Another thing is dislike are babies that are objects. I want a baby that is a sim. Can be put down where we want, can be carried around, placed in a crib. The clothes can be changed ( changing tables in sims 2 were nice). Cars.... we need cars and other forms of transportation. If we had to buy all the food and clothes, I might play legacies more.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Nikkih wrote: »

Please dont take this the wrong way although the sims 4 is still missing things I definitely agree with that, it is a sandbox game for you to do what you want, if its boring, maybe its partly your fault, do you play your game the same way everytime ?

@Nikkih It is still a video game that is supposed to create fun and not rely on you to imagine fun. This is why some people like the Sims 2 and 3 better, because they are more fun. It's unfair to blame the players. It is supposed to be a sandbox game but not a dollhouse. There's a difference.

Perhaps the developers wanted to go in a different direction because some people kept on complaining that things were happening without them saying so, it is a little bit of the players fault in the way that you decide what happens in the game and if you play the same way of course it's going to get boring, all I said was try playing the game a different way of how you normally play it, for example if your a family player have a little break from families and play a sim that doesn't want children, if your sims are always good, create a sim that's evil, do evil things, if your sims always live a cushioned life take it away and make them poor, vice versa if your sims always poor make them rich, if your someone that always uses cheats for everything, try playing the game without, if you cheat everything you leave nothing for you sims to achieve and if your a player that always fills your sims needs up again no wonder your game is boring @SimmerGeorge
    Post edited by Nikkih on
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I think sims 2 was my favorite game over all, my sims seemed more real to me.
    I stopped playing 3 because of rabbit holes in the beginning....

Isn't the regular career in Sims 4 basically a rabbit hole? you just poof out of existence in front of your house's porch to go to work not even building or carpool existed.
    Sims 4 has 4 non-rabbit hole/active careers, while 3 has 10 active careers, the university in 3 has active class and active lectures and Sims 4 only has rabbit hole class and a rabbit hole diving activity in Island Paradise, you have more rabbit holes in Sims 4 in total compared to 3.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    This thread had a pretty good run before it devolved into the usual comparison arguments. Sigh.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member

Ah! A technophobe lifestyle? Will they ditch their phone?
    I’ll try this one out regardless. It’s time stuff gets sabotaged in my save.