Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Clocks don't actually move in the Sims 4

In the Sims 2, you can zoom in on your Sims in cameraman mode and notice that the hour and minute hands move. They actually display the correct time; this feature is continued in the Sims 3.

But in the Sims 4, the clocks seem to be so fake. They are for appearances only.

Comments

• Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited December 2020
    it's true that past games have lots of detail while ts4 is too generic and simple instead, but it's cuz the whole game was made that way, it was an engine thought for another purpose and devs had to adapt it to a life simulator, so they ain't gonna bother with small details when the game itself still lacks so many things. besides, many people don't even appreciate these details so it's a let down for devs.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Wait until gamechangers noticed this and complain and Maxis will add it into the game in blink of an eye :D
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    For some reason, TS3 seems a bit more stable on this particular PC; and I'm finally getting CAS mastered to where I can start creating decent looking Sims. Thus, I'm playing it more.

They skimped on a TON of stuff because they had planned for TS4 to be an online game. That didn't work, and they should have just started over even if it delayed the game a couple of years.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    This struck me as peculiar from day one and always bothered me. So does the lack of alarm clocks and the ability to set them to work schedules.
    It’s as if the moving clock hand has been replaced by the moving curtains. Why replace these details? Why not add to the existing experience?
    We need ‘more’, not ‘something else’.
  • Options
    ClaimingTheFifthClaimingTheFifth Posts: 417 Member
    I THINK Scumbumbo had a mod for working clocks...a while ago. If so, I'm not sure if it's been kept up to date. I believe it originally showed up on MTS....but can't swear to it. Worth a try...
    That light at the end of the tunnel? It's a train.
    The five-second rule does not apply when you have a two-second dog.
  • Options
    Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    Would you be in completly shock if I told you clocks also move in The Sims 1?

Boys, girls and non-binary pals... this is The Sims 4!!!
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Not looked lately, but wouldn't be surprised at all. If there was a way to give TS1 a TS2/3 camera I'd play it a lot more. Much better than 4 in terms of gameplay and attention to details other wise.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    In the Sims 2, you can zoom in on your Sims in cameraman mode and notice that the hour and minute hands move. They actually display the correct time; this feature is continued in the Sims 3.

But in the Sims 4, the clocks seem to be so fake. They are for appearances only.

Are you just now noticing? I think I asked them to animate clocks like on day two of TS4's release in 2014. I guess they didn't get that memo or ignored it.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I'm also disappointed that we don't have alarm clocks.

Strangerville gave us an animated clock... but not the clock part lol.

87E6VYz.png
  • Options
    CangwenCangwen Posts: 220 Member
    I wonder, if they added alarm clocks, would your sim be able to throw them?
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Really hope the next Sims game focuses on small details. Like The Sims 2, it'd be very nice to see clocks actually sync with in-game time, and objects such as chess, pool (which The Sims 4 still doesn't have after 7 years lol), bowling, etc. to portray an actual game rather than have pieces/assets just poofing here and there.

The small details and efforts to immerse players in their game are everything.
  • Options
    waterywatermelonwaterywatermelon Posts: 473 Member
    @Sk8rblaze Many people think that The Sims 2 has all these small details, likely because they have watched the YouTube video about small details in The Sims 2. In reality, The Sims 3 has boatloads more in small details. In fact, when I play The Sims 3, I feel that I'm completely immersed in the world because of the level of small details. The Sims 3 University Life feels way more realistic to me than The Sims 2.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    @Sk8rblaze Many people think that The Sims 2 has all these small details, likely because they have watched the YouTube video about small details in The Sims 2. In reality, The Sims 3 has boatloads more in small details. In fact, when I play The Sims 3, I feel that I'm completely immersed in the world because of the level of small details. The Sims 3 University Life feels way more realistic to me than The Sims 2.

okay? it's normal that games improve some features from iteration to iteration. that ts3 has lots of details doesn't remove the fact that sims 2 also has a lot of details. i still play ts2 every now & then and it's noticeable how well done it is for being a game made 15 years ago.
  • Options
    bella_goth wrote: »
    okay? it's normal that games improve some features from iteration to iteration. that ts3 has lots of details doesn't remove the fact that sims 2 also has a lot of details. i still play ts2 every now & then and it's pretty well done for being a game made 15 years ago.

No, when people think of "small details", they immediately think of The Sims 2, not The Sims 3, even though The Sims 3 literally creates a more immersive experience than The Sims 2 can do.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    bella_goth wrote: »
    okay? it's normal that games improve some features from iteration to iteration. that ts3 has lots of details doesn't remove the fact that sims 2 also has a lot of details. i still play ts2 every now & then and it's pretty well done for being a game made 15 years ago.

No, when people think of "small details", they immediately think of The Sims 2, not The Sims 3, even though The Sims 3 literally creates a more immersive experience than The Sims 2 can do.

that's your opinion
    Post edited by bella_goth on
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    big brain time, i noticed that first day of installing ts4 and brush it off as it didnt surprise me considering most of the essentials features were absent in the base game, let alone adding small details.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    izecson wrote: »
    big brain time, i noticed that first day of installing ts4 and brush it off as it didnt surprise me considering most of the essentials features were absent in the base game, let alone adding small details.

Those alarms were good when getting sims ready for work as they would wake them up even if their sleep bar wasn't full. Wish they would add an alarm type interaction on the phones.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member

I’ve been playing The Sims 2 for almost 15 years before that video comparing TS2 and TS3 animations was made. I never needed a video to tell me TS2 has richer animations and more detail in certain areas, especially with the objects I’ve mentioned.

I would definitely say TS3 immerses me in a different way, between things like the huge open world, the opportunities feature that makes it feel lively, the huge amount of gameplay skills offer (even after maxing them), etc. Of course, The Sims 4 lacks that as well.
  • Options
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

I would definitely say TS3 immerses me in a different way, between things like the huge open world, the opportunities feature that makes it feel lively, the huge amount of gameplay skills offer (even after maxing them), etc. Of course, The Sims 4 lacks that as well.

exactly, both games are good & detailed and both offered new/different things too so i don't see it fair to compare them this way. i have barely played sims 3 but so far i loved all the gameplay. sims 2 as i said i play it more often and it's just evident the game is very good made. if people thinks about sims 2 rather than sims 3 that's just each person's preference. personally i've seen equal praise for both sims 2 & 3 while sims 1 has recently gotten a bit more praise and sims 4 gets as much praise as complaints lol
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Those alarms were good when getting sims ready for work as they would wake them up even if their sleep bar wasn't full. Wish they would add an alarm type interaction on the phones.

Sims in The Sims 2 actually don't need alarm clocks. Every time the carpool arrives, the time speed will go to Play instead of the super-fast speeds. Plus, Sims will autonomously go to work if they are in a good mood. However, if they are in a bad mood, then the Sim will not autonomously go to work. You can force your Sim to go to work, but a bad mood will just lower the performance meter. You may as well call in sick and hope that you don't get caught. I think, if you get rejected, then you automatically get fired?
    I’ve been playing The Sims 2 for almost 15 years before that video comparing TS2 and TS3 animations was made. I never needed a video to tell me TS2 has richer animations and more detail in certain areas, especially with the objects I’ve mentioned.

What objects?
    Sk8rblaze wrote:
    Like The Sims 2, it'd be very nice to see clocks actually sync with in-game time, and objects such as chess, pool (which The Sims 4 still doesn't have after 7 years lol), bowling, etc. to portray an actual game rather than have pieces/assets just poofing here and there.

- Clocks actually move in The Sims 1, which is carried over to The Sims 2 and The Sims 3, but not in The Sims 4.
    - In The Sims 2, Sims actually move the chess pieces around the board, while in The Sims 3, the chess pieces are more or less static.
    - But in the Sims 3, trees sway in the breeze, and you can see moving shadows on the ground, because there is a real sun in the world. In The Sims 2, the trees are static. Haha. Beat that!
    - The Sims 3 also has pool tables, and on top of that, it has Ping-Pong tables. Score for The Sims 3!
    - The Sims 3 also has bowling; it comes with University Life EP.

I would argue that The Sims 3 - with its own collection of expansion packs, each of which packed with content - has more "small details" than The Sims 2 and just as rich as The Sims 2.

- The open world feature is a big plus for TS3.
    - There are loads of opportunities in TS3 - far more than in TS2. In The Sims 2, you just get career-related chance cards, hobby-related chance cards and maybe some job opportunities. But The Sims 3 goes above and beyond.
    - The Sims 3 also has active careers for the first time. In TS2, all careers are text-based. However, The Sims 2 Open For Business allows your Sims to open up shop, and with this method, you can have a doctor owning the hospital or small clinic. The OFB expansion has the best method for running a business, in ways that The Sims 3 Ambitions or The Sims 4 Get To Work can't compare. You are given a pretty large neighborhood - Bluewater Village - with some pre-made families, and you can sell anything! The Sims 3 has the consignment shop, but you don't get to see who has purchased your item. The Sims 4 is pretty limiting in scope compared to The Sims 2 OFB.
    - But, I still like The Sims 3 Ambitions for having the ability to become a venture capitalist - buying land capital, investing and upgrading the land and profiting off the land. I suppose there is this feature in TS2, but you may have to work your way up to Rank 10 Business, then sell off that business deed to a Townie (who most likely has unlimited funds) or a super-rich playable Sim.
    bella_goth wrote:
    exactly, both games are good & detailed and both offered new/different things too so i don't see it fair to compare them this way. i have barely played sims 3 but so far i loved all the gameplay. sims 2 as i said i play it more often and it's just evident the game is very good made. if people thinks about sims 2 rather than sims 3 that's just each person's preference. personally i've seen equal praise for both sims 2 & 3 while sims 1 has recently gotten a bit more praise and sims 4 gets as much praise as complaints lol

I was talking about the fact that some people only mention TS2 as "having small details", as if TS3 is lacking in this department. No, it's not. There are "small details" in TS3 that are not in TS2, and they are just as rich as TS2 ones.
  • Options

Sims in The Sims 2 actually don't need alarm clocks. Every time the carpool arrives, the time speed will go to Play instead of the super-fast speeds. Plus, Sims will autonomously go to work if they are in a good mood. However, if they are in a bad mood, then the Sim will not autonomously go to work. You can force your Sim to go to work, but a bad mood will just lower the performance meter. You may as well call in sick and hope that you don't get caught. I think, if you get rejected, then you automatically get fired?

What objects?
    Sk8rblaze wrote:
    Like The Sims 2, it'd be very nice to see clocks actually sync with in-game time, and objects such as chess, pool (which The Sims 4 still doesn't have after 7 years lol), bowling, etc. to portray an actual game rather than have pieces/assets just poofing here and there.

- Clocks actually move in The Sims 1, which is carried over to The Sims 2 and The Sims 3, but not in The Sims 4.
    - In The Sims 2, Sims actually move the chess pieces around the board, while in The Sims 3, the chess pieces are more or less static.
    - But in the Sims 3, trees sway in the breeze, and you can see moving shadows on the ground, because there is a real sun in the world. In The Sims 2, the trees are static. Haha. Beat that!
    - The Sims 3 also has pool tables, and on top of that, it has Ping-Pong tables. Score for The Sims 3!
    - The Sims 3 also has bowling; it comes with University Life EP.

I would argue that The Sims 3 - with its own collection of expansion packs, each of which packed with content - has more "small details" than The Sims 2 and just as rich as The Sims 2.

- The open world feature is a big plus for TS3.
    - There are loads of opportunities in TS3 - far more than in TS2. In The Sims 2, you just get career-related chance cards, hobby-related chance cards and maybe some job opportunities. But The Sims 3 goes above and beyond.
    - The Sims 3 also has active careers for the first time. In TS2, all careers are text-based. However, The Sims 2 Open For Business allows your Sims to open up shop, and with this method, you can have a doctor owning the hospital or small clinic. The OFB expansion has the best method for running a business, in ways that The Sims 3 Ambitions or The Sims 4 Get To Work can't compare. You are given a pretty large neighborhood - Bluewater Village - with some pre-made families, and you can sell anything! The Sims 3 has the consignment shop, but you don't get to see who has purchased your item. The Sims 4 is pretty limiting in scope compared to The Sims 2 OFB.
    - But, I still like The Sims 3 Ambitions for having the ability to become a venture capitalist - buying land capital, investing and upgrading the land and profiting off the land. I suppose there is this feature in TS2, but you may have to work your way up to Rank 10 Business, then sell off that business deed to a Townie (who most likely has unlimited funds) or a super-rich playable Sim.
    bella_goth wrote:

I was talking about the fact that some people only mention TS2 as "having small details", as if TS3 is lacking in this department. No, it's not. There are "small details" in TS3 that are not in TS2, and they are just as rich as TS2 ones.

Clocks in TS2 actually woke your sim up about 1 hour before they were due to leave for work. Just enough time to shower, use bathroom, or eat. In TS4 and TS3 we get that notice and by the time you read it and find out what's it about the one hour is already up and your sim is late for work.
    We had pool tables and bowling in TS2 . Football, kicky ball, and basketball too. And lots of little games in the pool.
  • Options
    Clocks in TS2 actually woke your sim up about 1 hour before they were due to leave for work. Just enough time to shower, use bathroom, or eat. In TS4 and TS3 we get that notice and by the time you read it and find out what's it about the one hour is already up and your sim is late for work.
    We had pool tables and bowling in TS2 . Football, kicky ball, and basketball too. And lots of little games in the pool.

In The Sims 3, it's actually 2 hours, and I find that 2 hours is more than enough time to get ready for work. The one hour in The Sims 2 is not enough. Furthermore, if there is a wall of text, I tend to ignore it or pause the game to read it. So, that beats Sims 2.

Pool tables and bowling return in The Sims 3.

The Sims 3 also has football, kicky ball and basketball (Store content). But, football is something you can buy from the catalog and put in the Sim's inventory. Same goes for the kickyball. You literally have to buy the kickybag and the football and the baseball to play kickybag, football and catch in The Sims 3. Kind of realistic, in a way. In The Sims 2, the balls just appear from nowhere. Basketball is part of The Sims 3 Store.

Sims 3 Sims can also snowboard. Bet you can't do that in the Sims 2! In The Sims 4, snowboarding comes with Snowy Escape, while The Sims 3 has snowboarding in Seasons EP.

The Sims 3 has festivals in the Sims 3 Seasons EP, and that one has lots of activities. Sunset Valley's Central Park is converted into a Festival Grounds with festival related objects. Sims can go to the festival and do an Easter egg hunt. It really makes collecting fun. The Sims 2, on the other hand, has the ability to go hiking and finding random stuff along the way, but you can't follow your Sim there. The Sim just disappears and re-appears on the residential lot. In The Sims 3, you can collect rare items from ALL OVER THE WORLD, and if you have World Adventures EP, you can go on adventures and take loot.

In summary, The Sims 3 feels like a goal-oriented game while The Sims 2 feels like a story-oriented game. Gameplay-wise, The Sims 2 can be quite boring for me, because there are not many goals. So, to make the game more fun and interesting, I create stories and backstories in the Sim Bios, Family Bios, Family Albums and Neighborhood Album. The stories add a lot of depth to the characters, IMO. But, if I were to just play The Sims 2 without any story going on, then it'll get dry real quick.
  • Options

In The Sims 3, it's actually 2 hours, and I find that 2 hours is more than enough time to get ready for work. The one hour in The Sims 2 is not enough. Furthermore, if there is a wall of text, I tend to ignore it or pause the game to read it. So, that beats Sims 2.

Pool tables and bowling return in The Sims 3.

The Sims 3 also has football, kicky ball and basketball (Store content). But, football is something you can buy from the catalog and put in the Sim's inventory. Same goes for the kickyball. You literally have to buy the kickybag and the football and the baseball to play kickybag, football and catch in The Sims 3. Kind of realistic, in a way. In The Sims 2, the balls just appear from nowhere. Basketball is part of The Sims 3 Store.

Sims 3 Sims can also snowboard. Bet you can't do that in the Sims 2! In The Sims 4, snowboarding comes with Snowy Escape, while The Sims 3 has snowboarding in Seasons EP.

The Sims 3 has festivals in the Sims 3 Seasons EP, and that one has lots of activities. Sunset Valley's Central Park is converted into a Festival Grounds with festival related objects. Sims can go to the festival and do an Easter egg hunt. It really makes collecting fun. The Sims 2, on the other hand, has the ability to go hiking and finding random stuff along the way, but you can't follow your Sim there. The Sim just disappears and re-appears on the residential lot. In The Sims 3, you can collect rare items from ALL OVER THE WORLD, and if you have World Adventures EP, you can go on adventures and take loot.

In summary, The Sims 3 feels like a goal-oriented game while The Sims 2 feels like a story-oriented game. Gameplay-wise, The Sims 2 can be quite boring for me, because there are not many goals. So, to make the game more fun and interesting, I create stories and backstories in the Sim Bios, Family Bios, Family Albums and Neighborhood Album. The stories add a lot of depth to the characters, IMO. But, if I were to just play The Sims 2 without any story going on, then it'll get dry real quick.

TS3 had most of the activities, hobby and skill objects stuck in the Sims 3 store so you had to buy them additionally. It was expensive and some of them were never released as standalone objects. You could buy the football net and the basketball hoop in TS2, not sure why it made it special that you could buy the ball itself in TS3. Personally I don't find collectibles so interesting, there is nothing much to do with them apart from display or sell them. TS3 had some good points, but for me at least was a very underwhelming experience.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    TS3 had most of the activities, hobby and skill objects stuck in the Sims 3 store so you had to buy them additionally. It was expensive and some of them were never released as standalone objects. You could buy the football net and the basketball hoop in TS2, not sure why it made it special that you could buy the ball itself in TS3. Personally I don't find collectibles so interesting, there is nothing much to do with them apart from display or sell them. TS3 had some good points, but for me at least was a very underwhelming experience.

There is no football net in The Sims 2. There is a soccer goal. Though, it's football if you live outside the USA. Since the Sims Franchise is American, it is really called soccer, not (American) football.

The soccer goal is also available in The Sims 3 Seasons EP, and you can take your Sims to the Festival Grounds to play soccer. If you have University Life, then you can get an independent soccer ball and stick that into the Sim's inventory. The Sims 2, on the other hand, attaches the soccer ball to the soccer goal, while The Sims 3 has 2 different ways to play soccer - one with the goal and one without.

Yes, the basketball is in The Sims 3 Store, and if you buy that on sale on the Daily Deals, then the Basketball Hoop will just cost 130 SimPoints. Once you acquire that, the next deal is to get Level Up Collection for free, and after that, the Man Cave Compilation will come free as well.

Buy/Build Mode is one of the strong points of The Sims 3, compared with The Sims 2. Building is very similar to TS2, but there are tons of upgrades. The sledgehammer tool is available in an EP of TS2, but returns as part of the base game in TS3. TS2 patches revolve around fixes, but TS3 patches will include cool stuff like the basement/tomb tool from World Adventures. In TS2, if you want a recolor, then you have to go into Bodyshop or SimPE and make a CAS item recolor or object recolor, and it's a time-consuming task because you have to make the textures look good and seamless. But in TS3, you can just do everything with Create-A-Style. It's that easy. Also, with all EPs installed, there is a big overhaul to the arrangement of items in CAS. Personally, I think this new overhaul of CAS shortens up the list of items and makes the game load faster. BuyDebug cheat is introduced in TS3. In TS2, if you want a hidden object, then you have to extract it or download the extracted item.

Actually, if you have the Sims 3 Ambitions, you can collect scrap from the junkyard and sell the scrap at the consignment shop. Alternatively, you can purchase scrap or gather scrap from the junkyard and use the Inventing table to invent something using the scraps, but if you detonate public property, you may get fined! If you have The Sims 3 Supernatural, that comes with the gem cutter and the werewolf. The werewolf from Supernatural and pets from Sims 3 Pets can search for gems, bring them in, and the gems can be used in the gem cutter.

Personally, I find that The Sims 2 makes up for the lack of gameplay by having the whole story component. The Sims 3 makes up for the lack of story by having an expansive gameplay.
    TS3 had most of the activities, hobby and skill objects stuck in the Sims 3 store

Um... most of the skills come from the EPs, and once you collect all of the EPs, there are lot of skill books that you can study from and classes that you can take.

Also, The Sims 3 comes with its own activities and hobbies stuff, and you don't have to use the Store at all.
  • Options

There is no football net in The Sims 2. There is a soccer goal. Though, it's football if you live outside the USA. Since the Sims Franchise is American, it is really called soccer, not (American) football.

The soccer goal is also available in The Sims 3 Seasons EP, and you can take your Sims to the Festival Grounds to play soccer. If you have University Life, then you can get an independent soccer ball and stick that into the Sim's inventory. The Sims 2, on the other hand, attaches the soccer ball to the soccer goal, while The Sims 3 has 2 different ways to play soccer - one with the goal and one without.

Yes, the basketball is in The Sims 3 Store, and if you buy that on sale on the Daily Deals, then the Basketball Hoop will just cost 130 SimPoints. Once you acquire that, the next deal is to get Level Up Collection for free, and after that, the Man Cave Compilation will come free as well.

Buy/Build Mode is one of the strong points of The Sims 3, compared with The Sims 2. Building is very similar to TS2, but there are tons of upgrades. The sledgehammer tool is available in an EP of TS2, but returns as part of the base game in TS3. TS2 patches revolve around fixes, but TS3 patches will include cool stuff like the basement/tomb tool from World Adventures. In TS2, if you want a recolor, then you have to go into Bodyshop or SimPE and make a CAS item recolor or object recolor, and it's a time-consuming task because you have to make the textures look good and seamless. But in TS3, you can just do everything with Create-A-Style. It's that easy. Also, with all EPs installed, there is a big overhaul to the arrangement of items in CAS. Personally, I think this new overhaul of CAS shortens up the list of items and makes the game load faster. BuyDebug cheat is introduced in TS3. In TS2, if you want a hidden object, then you have to extract it or download the extracted item.

Actually, if you have the Sims 3 Ambitions, you can collect scrap from the junkyard and sell the scrap at the consignment shop. Alternatively, you can purchase scrap or gather scrap from the junkyard and use the Inventing table to invent something using the scraps, but if you detonate public property, you may get fined! If you have The Sims 3 Supernatural, that comes with the gem cutter and the werewolf. The werewolf from Supernatural and pets from Sims 3 Pets can search for gems, bring them in, and the gems can be used in the gem cutter.

Personally, I find that The Sims 2 makes up for the lack of gameplay by having the whole story component. The Sims 3 makes up for the lack of story by having an expansive gameplay.
    TS3 had most of the activities, hobby and skill objects stuck in the Sims 3 store

Um... most of the skills come from the EPs, and once you collect all of the EPs, there are lot of skill books that you can study from and classes that you can take.

Also, The Sims 3 comes with its own activities and hobbies stuff, and you don't have to use the Store at all.

Gameplay is linked to the object. I really have no use for a skill book if they cannot practice it. Sims can read the fiction books for all I care, from the gameplay point of view they just read. You cannot have gameplay when most activities are stuck in the store and all you can do in the worlds provided with the game is run from one empty venue to the next. World Adventure EP was so popular because you actually had something you could do on your own in the tombs. Shops were basically a vending machine, restaurants were another self service warm food vending machine type venue, and hotels were a rabbit hole. Bars were always empty. If you met a sim in the park and wanted to talk to them they had no time for you because the game sent them off the lot. I sent gems to a gem cutter, all I could do with them is display them because the jewelry bench was in the store. Running around the world to get stuff done was a nuisance because CASt was constantly loading textures and sims looked like plastic regardless of the texture you put on their clothes, and they never fixed the very bright sunlight in the game which made it strainful to look at. Like I said, TS3 was an underwhelming experience FOR ME. I am happy you had fun playing it.