Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Can I Make EA Hear Me???

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    Unlike Steam, Origin doesnt have didcated prices for my region as well, so i get charged in eurous just like you. I was hoping since sims 4 came to steam that i would be able to get the game with better prices but nope, the whole game isnt even availble in my region :'(:D Check Steam to see if it is available in yours, they often have better regional prices.
  • Options
    Saunta2Saunta2 Posts: 870 Member
    edited February 2021
    Saunta2 wrote: »
    I am not sure who it was you asked about prices in the EU, but the full price in Ireland is €9.99, €19.99, and €39.99 and has always been unless there is a sale.

In Italy the price is a little lower because of their tax.

Also, if you're looking at prices in the US, those listed are excluding tax, so by the time you're at the checkout, the full price is more than the listed $9.99 etc. (as per their laws regarding pricing, where tax is not added until the end of the purchase process).

When I bought Snowy Escape from Humble Bundle I paid US$39.99. There was no tax added on.

When you go to the grocery store, do you have to pay taxes on your purchase? They can only add sales tax if you have to pay sales tax where you live.

That's not the same. The only time I would have had to pay taxes on an online purchase is if I was actually importing it to the island and would have to pay import duties and taxes. The tax that we pay for goods and services does not apply to online purchases outside of the island.
  • Options
    Mareah wrote: »
    Unlike Steam, Origin doesnt have didcated prices for my region as well, so i get charged in eurous just like you. I was hoping since sims 4 came to steam that i would be able to get the game with better prices but nope, the whole game isnt even availble in my region :'(:D Check Steam to see if it is available in yours, they often have better regional prices.

It is available on Steam but I would have to repurchase the base game to be able to use DLC's bought on Steam.
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    Mareah wrote: »

It is available on Steam but I would have to repurchase the base game to be able to use DLC's bought on Steam.

You could wish list it on steam and you'll be notified when it goes on sale. Maybe EA will have a sale soon and you can get it cheaper than the price it is now.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    did you try getting the sims4 via the steam platform?
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Might change soon as the UK has left the EU. Have you tried contacting one of your local politicians to see why the situation is as it is and try to get it changed? Good luck.
  • Options
    did you try getting the sims4 via the steam platform?

I am not paying US$40.00 for a game I already own. That's Bds$80 for a game I already have. And should it go on sale for a reasonable price for me to repurchase I would need to know for certain that I can still use all my currently owned packs.

• Options
    edited February 2021
    Simburian wrote: »
    Might change soon as the UK has left the EU. Have you tried contacting one of your local politicians to see why the situation is as it is and try to get it changed? Good luck.

I fail to see how a local politician can do anything about Origin and EA's mess up. I also don't see how the UK leaving the EU will affect my purchases on Origin.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    Have you tried to buy in other site besides origin? Like cdkeys or instant gaming? Maybe they'll charge you in american dollars...

I don't want to use CDKEys because EA doesn't recognise it as an authorised dealer. I used Humble Bundle last time but they don't sell Sims 4 anymore. I'm not sure about Instant gaming.

I believe one of the gurus or origin themselves confirmed that cdkeys was safe to use. We debated on this a long time ob this forum. But someone finally confirmed it.
    Hopefully someone here can link the official info. It might have been on twitter.

I actually asked in a live chat and was told no

Strange. One of the forum members shared this here. I have brought all of my ts3 packs and some ts4 packs from cdkeys with no issues. And I screen shotted this just incase anything happens I have proof. EA WANTS people to buy from their retailers only so they discourage buying else wear but they don't ban accounts for buying from cdkeys.
    And in know one of the gurus had said it was okay.

Btw don't purchase from anywhere you don't feel 100% comfortable with. I'm not pushing you to buy from here especially since EA staff seem to say different things sometimes.

eFzyOET.jpg

qWd1nm2.jpg

0ZRcqUi.jpg
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Have you tried to buy in other site besides origin? Like cdkeys or instant gaming? Maybe they'll charge you in american dollars...

I don't want to use CDKEys because EA doesn't recognise it as an authorised dealer. I used Humble Bundle last time but they don't sell Sims 4 anymore. I'm not sure about Instant gaming.

I believe one of the gurus or origin themselves confirmed that cdkeys was safe to use. We debated on this a long time ob this forum. But someone finally confirmed it.
    Hopefully someone here can link the official info. It might have been on twitter.

Strange. One of the forum members shared this here. I have brought all of my ts3 packs and some ts4 packs from cdkeys with no issues. And I screen shotted this just incase anything happens I have proof. EA WANTS people to buy from their retailers only so they discourage buying else wear but they don't ban accounts for buying from cdkeys.

Btw don't purchase from anywhere you don't feel 100% comfortable with. I'm not pushing you to buy from here especially since EA staff seem to say different things sometimes.

eFzyOET.jpg

qWd1nm2.jpg

0ZRcqUi.jpg

I've seen ppl in FB groups have their accounts closed due to discrepancies using CD Keys. I prefer to play it safe than lose my game over an error.

• Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member

eFzyOET.jpg

qWd1nm2.jpg

0ZRcqUi.jpg

I've seen ppl in FB groups have their accounts closed due to discrepancies using CD Keys. I prefer to play it safe than lose my game over an error.

Those were, to my knowledge, people who were told a key was bought from CD Keys (like in a giveaway or a raffle) and the person who gave them the key lied about that.

• Options
    FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    I'm not sure if it is anything to do with your Customs duties or this sort of thing which effects other countries as well. The international exchange rate, which I am not an expert on at all. I think your custom duties on imports might be large as Barbados needs the money but have no idea if it applies to digital ones as well. The UK always pays much higher prices for PCs than the USA for example. I suppose you pay higher for living in such a beautiful country.

https://simscommunity.info/2018/01/16/origin-has-changed-prices-for-the-sims-4-packs-in-multiple-countries/

This only happens on Origin. How can there be import duties on a digital purchase? I can shop on Amazon, Ebay, Steam any website and pay what is charged on those sites. I bought Snowy Escape on HumbleBundle and paid US$19.99. Humblebundle however no longer carries sims games. Why can't I pay US$9.99 for this last pack on Origin or couldn't on any pack in the past. Origin is charging me €9.99. How can that be??? That's US$12.04. No one who actually lives in Europe is paying €9.99.

That link you posted is from 2018, I've been having this problem since 2015 at least.

I'm really sorry you're having this issue, it definitely isn't right that they're forcing you to use euros when you don't use euros yourself, since it's one of the more valuable currencies so that'd almost certainly mean you end up paying too much. I think the reason for it converting to euros in the Caribbean might be because you are actually technically "close" to Europe because islands like Bonaire, St. Eustasius and Saba to name just a few are part of the Kingdom of the Netherlands and therefore are technically European.

I hope your issue gets resolved! From what I know, CDKeys is not an illegal website, because it makes profit by buying packs from countries with currencies that are very "low" in value; I remember converting packs in Brazil and a €40,- pack bought in Brazil by someone who uses euro themselves, would only cost €12. So, again, from what I know, it's not illegal, but it is ethically questionable because it can lead EA to up their prices in these countries to narrow down discrepancies caused by conversions/currencies, forcing people there to have to pay a lot more per pack.

We do actually pay €9.99 in Europe for a stuff pack, €19.99 for game packs and €39.99 for expansion packs, just to clarify. I can 100% confirm that because I live in Europe and I 100% pay those same prices. EU doesn't convert for countries with more valuable currencies so we in Europe, the UK, Switzerland, Norway etc. pay a lot more than Americans if one were to convert the prices. But because our income is also in euros, it's a bit unfair to make those comparisons in currencies and claim we're suffering so badly because we technically have to pay more than Americans.
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
  • Options
    Firande wrote: »
    I'm not sure if it is anything to do with your Customs duties or this sort of thing which effects other countries as well. The international exchange rate, which I am not an expert on at all. I think your custom duties on imports might be large as Barbados needs the money but have no idea if it applies to digital ones as well. The UK always pays much higher prices for PCs than the USA for example. I suppose you pay higher for living in such a beautiful country.

https://simscommunity.info/2018/01/16/origin-has-changed-prices-for-the-sims-4-packs-in-multiple-countries/

This only happens on Origin. How can there be import duties on a digital purchase? I can shop on Amazon, Ebay, Steam any website and pay what is charged on those sites. I bought Snowy Escape on HumbleBundle and paid US$19.99. Humblebundle however no longer carries sims games. Why can't I pay US$9.99 for this last pack on Origin or couldn't on any pack in the past. Origin is charging me €9.99. How can that be??? That's US$12.04. No one who actually lives in Europe is paying €9.99.

That link you posted is from 2018, I've been having this problem since 2015 at least.

I'm really sorry you're having this issue, it definitely isn't right that they're forcing you to use euros when you don't use euros yourself, since it's one of the more valuable currencies so that'd almost certainly mean you end up paying too much. I think the reason for it converting to euros in the Caribbean might be because you are actually technically "close" to Europe because islands like Bonaire, St. Eustasius and Saba to name just a few are part of the Kingdom of the Netherlands and therefore are technically European.

I hope your issue gets resolved! From what I know, CDKeys is not an illegal website, because it makes profit by buying packs from countries with currencies that are very "low" in value; I remember converting packs in Brazil and a €40,- pack bought in Brazil by someone who uses euro themselves, would only cost €12. So, again, from what I know, it's not illegal, but it is ethically questionable because it can lead EA to up their prices in these countries to narrow down discrepancies caused by conversions/currencies, forcing people there to have to pay a lot more per pack.

We do actually pay €9.99 in Europe for a stuff pack, €19.99 for game packs and €39.99 for expansion packs, just to clarify. I can 100% confirm that because I live in Europe and I 100% pay those same prices. EU doesn't convert for countries with more valuable currencies so we in Europe, the UK, Switzerland, Norway etc. pay a lot more than Americans if one were to convert the prices. But because our income is also in euros, it's a bit unfair to make those comparisons in currencies and claim we're suffering so badly because we technically have to pay more than Americans.

Thank you for you clarification re the prices in Europe.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited February 2021
    There are some email addresses in this relating to change of Terms of Agreement if you want to raise a question to them.

http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/termsofsale/US/en/PC/#section12

There's an informal dispute link on there as well.
  • Options
    Nekia33painterNekia33painter Posts: 336 Member
    edited February 2021
    I'm a bit confused. You said that it returns the same price? I'm assuming you mean the receipt. If you see the receipt came back as $39.99 they are not converting it for you. If you are paying BBD it will $90. If you are paying USD it will be the $48. I have no solutions for the Euro issue but that is the reason you will get a receipt that says $39.99. If you have online banking your statements should reflect this as they will convert it.
    Post edited by Nekia33painter on