Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anniversary Gift Coming February 25

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I do love the creativity of our community and very happy to see this today too from Remi: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yLX3c02k4E
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »
    CelSims wrote: »
    If they stuck stable hybrids in there I'd close my eyes to the hairy pear uggos.

I'm with you. I don't even like body hair in real life, I like my Sims being smooth, lol.

I'm not very big fan of body hair and I probably won't use it that much but yeah i dont mind if its optional

could be useful if we ever get werewolves or something too

only thing that would really spook me about cc creators x sims4 would be possibility of alpha textures and those...yikes hopefully not

Yes, you're so right, body hair and Werewolves go together. I even have some Vampires in my game that I've made to be Werewolves that could use some body hair after all. Yeah, hairless Werewolves make me kind of squeamish, haha.

As for alpha textures, there are already a few in the game here and there but I'm with you, I really don't want more of them, they just look a little weird and stand out. I wonder if Lumia found a way to do body hair in Sims 4 style? He has some gorgeous and subtle skin overlays that aren't alpha and were my favorites when I used CC.

I'm so curious!
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I really hope that they'll make real use of the CC creators for this and get some good items from it, some of them make really amazing stuff which would be amazing to have built into the game.

If they're actually adding Luumias body hair that would be great as the mesh he's already created for it is perfect and exactly what we need in the game, I don't think it could be done any better to be honest it's been an essential piece of CC in my game for years. (although it should be disabled for randoms I don't want wrestling mask sporting townies in bikinis with full body hair)
  • Options
    BreeNillaBreeNilla Posts: 160 Member
    edited February 2021
    BreeNilla wrote: »
    I'm thinking it's more on the CC side rather than builds this time. Other CC creators have been hinting at something along with luumia. They're also working with 21 creators according to the French version of the tweet.

So CAS and maybe Build/Buy stuff.

21 creators?? the fact that they asked so many makes me think that it might be something more complex than what i was initially expecting,, (i originally thought it'd maybe be a small thing, but now i'm not sure)
    Yep!

Sometimes creators collaborate on the same project, so 2-3 could be working on the same few items. Still, we might be getting a nice amount of stuff! I'm so happy for those who got this opportunity, it's an amazing thing to have in your resume and a dream to be a part of a game you love!

Something I find interesting is that 3 of the creators that may be involved were playing around with hair color sliders shortly after we got the makeup sliders!
    Simmingal wrote: »
    only thing that would really spook me about cc creators x sims4 would be possibility of alpha textures and those...yikes hopefully not
    I'm certain they would get maxis match creators. If aharris00britney, greenllamas, and ImVikai are involved, they do Maxis Match CC. Luumia does, too!

EDIT: The tweet was deleted...? But Sims Community made a post about it. https://simscommunity.info/2021/02/05/the-sims-team-has-hired-21-custom-content-creators-for-the-next-sims-4-update/

Post edited by BreeNilla on
    8a597ff0f1eef1830795b3ae467ad12c6bb980ae.jpg
    I made a Sims 4 Save File set 15 years into the future using the premade sims by giving them family trees, storylines and lore, fixed and added relationships, and more!
    Check it out here! -> kookablarn.tumblr.com
  • Options
    DuskregnDuskregn Posts: 40 Member
    edited February 2021
    Hair colour improvements/sliders pls ea
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    I do love the creativity of our community and very happy to see this today too from Remi: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yLX3c02k4E

I'm obsessed with these videos. I've watched the first part more times that I like to admit and already the second part I watched twice yesterday. :D
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    Do we usually get something in valentine? I honestly don't remember... ETA in the sims ofc 😅

Yes, a sale for Romantic Garden SP.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    bookish_sammybookish_sammy Posts: 223 Member
    trophy wrote: »
    If they are working with cc creators that is fantastic. I hope they include Sandy from Around the Sims or give her a shout-out. She has been creating for the game since the original and has content for all 4 versions. I can not think of another creator who has that history.

I adore Sandy's work. She's been my go-to CC creator since I began downloading CC for past games. I hope they do work with her (now or in the future). Her stuff fits into the game seamlessly, and I love her items for toddlers and children.
  • Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    I'm gonna guess that 21 CAS creators are each working on a tattoo, or a piece of jewelry. Since it is the 21st anniversary, It seems more probable that we would get 21 new CAS items than anything else. It could be something bigger, but there really isn't a history to support that.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    In view of the underwhelming big 20th 'gift' and them missing the date, am not particularly hopeful. Seems more like an afterthought. Will just wait and see what develops.
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    Custom Content creators have been the lifeblood of the Sims since the first game and I think it's awesome that the Sims 4 team can openly work with them to create something official.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    logion wrote: »
    Luumia retweeted the sims tweet with the eyes emoji, so he could be one of the creators. And also when people asked if he is one of the creators he replied the same. Luumia has created body hair cc for the sims4... so...body hair?
    He's one of the best cc creators we could actually get something decent content for male Sims with Luumia. I hope its not a let down and they have him design a house. But really if anyone is to make the base game body hair for Sims 4 it should be Luumia give him the tools they have and he will work wonders.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited February 2021
    When I get to think about this I might not want things that modders want to give me. I would like to be given information about them before installing them. I don't use mods or cc in my game anyway. As an extreme example (which I doubt they would give us) would be "🐸🐸🐸🐸" (ie: initials WW as plummed)! Also would that effect what I am shown in the Gallery after? I ignore those with mods & cc choices.

I would prefer them to have a platform on the Gallery of mods and cc that are guaranteed not to upset my gameplay or need updating every so often and give me a choice to download them or not.
  • Options
    BreeNillaBreeNilla Posts: 160 Member
    I'm sure it will be fine, haha. Don't see it as CC or Mods. They're just partnering with them, much like they partnered with MAC Cosmetics and Moschino, to add stuff to the base game. Most likely.
    8a597ff0f1eef1830795b3ae467ad12c6bb980ae.jpg
    I made a Sims 4 Save File set 15 years into the future using the premade sims by giving them family trees, storylines and lore, fixed and added relationships, and more!
    Check it out here! -> kookablarn.tumblr.com
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    When I get to think about this I might not want things that modders want to give me. I would like to be given information about them before installing them. I don't use mods or cc in my game anyway. As an extreme example (which I doubt they would give us) would be "❤️❤️❤️❤️" (ie: initials WW as plummed)! Also would that effect what I am shown in the Gallery after? I ignore those with mods & cc choices.

I would prefer them to have a platform on the Gallery of mods and cc that are guaranteed not to upset my gameplay or need updating every so often and give me a choice to download them or not.
    That would be nice. The Sims 1 had something called the Sims creator which was really nice. Sims 2 had the body shop tool.
    https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Body_Shop

I don't know why they got rid of tools like this for the Sims 3 and 4. They were really nice and would be amazing to have it tied to the Gallery too in its own filtering system.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller