Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Enjoying the new pack but...

It's so annoying trying to get my sim to do anything at night when the specters are about. She cancels whatever I tell her to do just to go talk to them...every single time.
Gallery ID: wiccanwonder

Comments

• Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,682 Member
    Same here. A sim wanted to complete a painting, but she stopped "hundred" times. I wish they were able to do their normal stuff even if the house is haunted. That said, I just got started, perhaps this gets easier when they get used to the spectes etc.

They can do their normal stuff before 9PM, that's okay, but the specters seem to stay for about 12 hrs, I did expect them to leave much sooner.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited February 2021
    I wonder if the brave trait will help.

The friendly specters seemed to replenish my sim's energy... I only played 2 sim days when I noticed it.

Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    My sims won't stay at their work places if I let their house get to haunted. I find it a little frustrating as my family couldn't afford to keep missing work so I had to keep their haunting to a minimum.
  • Options
    simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    I wonder if the brave trait will help.

The friendly specters seemed to replenish my sim's energy... I only played 2 sim days when I noticed it.
    I can't give her the brave trait. She has enough satisfaction points but it's greyed out. She has the squeamish trait so I wonder if that means she can't get it.
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    Please just don't ask for the paranormal activity to be toned down or nerfed...
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member

Oh, it will be. Someone will.
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »

I've been playing a household on heroic mode with 2 toddlers and now they're aged up to a teen and a child. Heroic mode. Using the in game provided methods to calm the house it is very easy to have almost no intrusion at all by the haunting even on heroic. I really hope EA ignore any calls for nerfing and just send people a stock reply telling them to use in game provided tools or take off the lot type :/
  • Options

I won't, I love it despite that. It's just a little frustrating that's all.
  • Options

That's what I'm afraid of. Somebody on twitter already asked for it to be toned down.
    simm621 wrote: »

Oh thank you so much. I can understand frustrating. I just don't want it to get nerfed.
  • Options

That's what I'm afraid of. Somebody on twitter already asked for it to be toned down.

Oh thank you so much. I can understand frustrating. I just don't want it to get nerfed.
    I love paranormal and occult play too much and hated it when they nerfed vampires. Too much nerfing already.

• Options
    Can't the decor hand be used to lower the activity levels? Can it be lowered before going to work, and set to more intensive for those nights you want more paranormal activity, or is it a kind of setting that will need to restart the save? I never tested it.
  • Options
    Can't the decor hand be used to lower the activity levels? Can it be lowered before going to work, and set to more intensive for those nights you want more paranormal activity, or is it a kind of setting that will need to restart the save? I never tested it.

When you set it to heroic, it has a cool down before you can change it back. I don't know how long the cool down is. I assume people are complaining about normal mode though? Just do a seance every other night.
  • Options
    CelSims wrote: »

When you set it to heroic, it has a cool down before you can change it back. I don't know how long the cool down is. I assume people are complaining about normal mode though? Just do a seance every other night.

Aha, I thought the hand had several levels. Also to reduce activity. My fault ;)
  • Options

Aha, I thought the hand had several levels. Also to reduce activity. My fault ;)

No, you were right, it has 2 levels, normal and heroic. You can also use the hand to disable Guidry. I didn't explain well, sorry.
  • Options
    PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    edited February 2021
    The only thing I'm getting a tad bit annoyed at, is the emotional rollercoaster my sim seems to go through all the time. I think that's less to do with the pack and more to do with how emotions work in general. Still, being terrified beats being tense I guess lol.

I have my sim sleep during the day, and then wake up around the same time that Guidry appears. I get her to do all the paranormal stuff at night, instead of trying to sleep through it. Could be worth doing that? If you're able to that is.

I'm about about 3000 points away from being able to get the brave trait, so I'll wait and see what that does.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Options
    edited February 2021

I've been playing a household on heroic mode with 2 toddlers and now they're aged up to a teen and a child. Heroic mode. Using the in game provided methods to calm the house it is very easy to have almost no intrusion at all by the haunting even on heroic. I really hope EA ignore any calls for nerfing and just send people a stock reply telling them to use in game provided tools or take off the lot type :/

I clean all vines, dolls etc every day they are there and do a ritual occasionally and I don't even have the hand so it should be on normal activity. I mainly only get green or blue specters but even then my sim will be painting and stop to communicate with them. No matter how many times I send her back to the painting she stops immediately to talk to them. I mean I can just not have her do anything while they are there but they stay until late morning sometimes.
    Just to be clear I am not asking for it to be nerfed, just airing a little dissatisfaction.
  • Options

I clean all vines, dolls etc every day they are there and do a ritual occasionally and I don't even have the hand so it should be on normal activity. I mainly only get green or blue specters but even then my sim will be painting and stop to communicate with them. No matter how many times I send her back to the painting she stops immediately to talk to them. I mean I can just not have her do anything while they are there but they stay until late morning sometimes.
    Just to be clear I am not asking for it to be nerfed, just airing a little dissatisfaction.

You may find that doing the cleansing ritual more often will reduce the amount of specters. I've got a child leveling the medium skill so she's doing it every day. As a result I really only see specters when a visitor knocks on the door.
    It is annoying when sims try to stop any action you have told them to do in order to do some thing else. Unless it's to go tend to an urgent need I'd personally prefer it to just not be a thing at all. With mine it's trying to go read a book :/
  • Options
    BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    The only thing I'm getting a tad bit annoyed at, is the emotional rollercoaster my sim seems to go through all the time. I think that's less to do with the pack and more to do with how emotions work in general. Still, being terrified beats being tense I guess lol.

I have my sim sleep during the day, and then wake up around the same time that Guidry appears. I get her to do all the paranormal stuff at night, instead of trying to sleep through it. Could be worth doing that? If you're able to that is.

I'm about about 3000 points away from being able to get the brave trait, so I'll wait and see what that does.

Meaningful Stories is really good for fixing emotions. Can't recommend enough.
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
  • Options

I love paranormal and occult play too much and hated it when they nerfed vampires. Too much nerfing already.

I totally agree with this. I find it quite disrespectful overall when some people call for features to be nerfed. So I'm glad you're at least willing to put up with the frustration

I'm wondering if your problem is actually due to the pack's mechanics though or maybe an autonomy bug that just happened to come with the pack? I mean packs tend to be buggy when they're first released. But as long as you're just expressing some dissatisfaction, that's totally fine.
  • Options

I totally agree with this. I find it quite disrespectful overall when some people call for features to be nerfed. So I'm glad you're at least willing to put up with the frustration

I'm wondering if your problem is actually due to the pack's mechanics though or maybe an autonomy bug that just happened to come with the pack? I mean packs tend to be buggy when they're first released. But as long as you're just expressing some dissatisfaction, that's totally fine.

Possibly. I already have problems getting sims to read at MHQ, they want to put books away every time I try to make them read.
    I am having some luck with offering the specters gifts. If they accept them they sometimes leave so I am trying that everytime they show up. If I can get them to leave my sim should stick to what I tell her to do.

Yeah I agree, I don't understand ppl that don't like, say, vampires but buys the pack for the bb items. Then call to get vampires toned down because they don't like them intruding in their game. I paid for vampire features and now I don't have what I paid for.
  • Options
    I think the all over challenge for EA is that each pack's features must blend in with features from all other packs. I don't think many simmers have say only base game + vampires. If you have most packs, it would be just as bad if your sim will no longer be able to perform other tasks due to constant vampire attacks. Staying up all night because of a feature of pack A might not be a good thing if you also want your sim to develop skills in the ECO or FAME pack. So, would it be more fair to not ever get to use the features you paid for in ECO or GF?

Game would probably benefit from more customizable settings. We should decide the balance between pack features, maybe I want to focus on extreme vampire activity this month, but on getting famous the next. Then each simmer could adjust pack dominance and everyone would be happy :) And - we could also purchase a new pack with different motives; BB or features or whatever. Would be a pity if great BB would be restricted to specific extreme game play. After all, most packs come with great general stuff, too.

Perhaps the hand that came with Paranormal is one step in the direction of adjusting the pack feature levels. I don't understand why such setting ability is hidden in an object instead of being in the game settings, though. Many gamers who don't frequent the forum might never discover the possibility of adjusting the intensivity of the haunting etc.
  • Options
    I think the all over challenge for EA is that each pack's features must blend in with features from all other packs. I don't think many simmers have say only base game + vampires. If you have most packs, it would be just as bad if your sim will no longer be able to perform other tasks due to constant vampire attacks. Staying up all night because of a feature of pack A might not be a good thing if you also want your sim to develop skills in the ECO or FAME pack. So, would it be more fair to not ever get to use the features you paid for in ECO or GF?

Game would probably benefit from more customizable settings. We should decide the balance between pack features, maybe I want to focus on extreme vampire activity this month, but on getting famous the next. Then each simmer could adjust pack dominance and everyone would be happy :) And - we could also purchase a new pack with different motives; BB or features or whatever. Would be a pity if great BB would be restricted to specific extreme game play. After all, most packs come with great general stuff, too.

Perhaps the hand that came with Paranormal is one step in the direction of adjusting the pack feature levels. I don't understand why such setting ability is hidden in an object instead of being in the game settings, though. Many gamers who don't frequent the forum might never discover the possibility of adjusting the intensivity of the haunting etc.

You make it sound like people are asking for vampire attacks every night when all they want is the frequency to be higher than the 3 break ins in 5500 hours I've experienced.
    There's already toggles to turn off the attacks, garlic and don't research vampire lore. And a whooping great DO NOT TRESPASS option on the lot itself.
  • Options

You make it sound like people are asking for vampire attacks every night when all they want is the frequency to be higher than the 3 break ins in 5500 hours I've experienced.
    There's already toggles to turn off the attacks, garlic and don't research vampire lore. And a whooping great DO NOT TRESPASS option on the lot itself.

I'm lucky if I get Vlad to break in once on a new save (it doesn't happen very often) and that would be the only one I get normally. Really spoils the fun of random vampire behaviour.
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited February 2021

If this gets a nerf as well I think Im going to start asking for random features in various packs to get the nerf too.

Cat and Dogs? Oh I dont want all these animals in my game. Nerf them.

Festivals in City living and Snowy Escape? Yeah I dont care about the festivals, can we get a nerf on those? Oh how about delete them entirely? Festivals are dumb.

Parenthood's value system? Nerf that too. No reason, I just think it needs to be nerfed.

Exploring the jungle in Jungle Adventure? ITS NERF OR NOTHING. I dont want my sim to get attacked by gross things in the jungle and temple! Just go, find the treasure and get out! It doesnt need to be some silly "adventure"!

But what if you like the gameplay and features? Who cares? I dont! Therefore it shouldnt be in the game. Stop liking what I dont like! >:T

• Options

I have no idea what the frequency was before it got tuned down. I got the pack late. And I agree there would be no need to tune it down if there are several in-game ways to avoid the break ins in the first place.

Btw, I'm not the typical occult simmer, but I think the vamp pack is one of the very best packs.