Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Enjoying the new pack but...

Comments

• Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    Re the Paranormal activity. I don't really see why it should be tuned down at all. All you would need to do is to switch the lot style and problem is solved. You can even use the séance table on non-haunted lots with a light version of the action. As the actions are restricted to one lot and not affecting any other lot, I don't see the point of even complaining...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    I just don't know why people just don't buy the pack. You don't want paranormal stuff in your game, don't buy it! If you want it, but only want one haunted house? You can change the house lots to haunted and not haunted. I am just getting real tired of people wanting to nerf occult stuff, because you are ruining it for those that want to play that type of lifestyle. The occult stuff has things that limit the amount of the occult even when you buy the game. Don't want to attract vampires? Lock the doors, and don't do stuff that attracts the vampires. Don't want ghosts and other paranormal stuff? Change your lot type to not haunted, and don't mess with the seance table that attracts the things you don't want.
    I am just getting tired of all the nerfing for the type of game play I enjoy.
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    edited February 2021
    simm621 wrote: »
    calaprfy wrote: »
    Please just don't ask for the paranormal activity to be toned down or nerfed...

Oh, it will be. Someone will.

That's what I'm afraid of. Somebody on twitter already asked for it to be toned down.

I won't, I love it despite that. It's just a little frustrating that's all.

Oh thank you so much. I can understand frustrating. I just don't want it to get nerfed.
    I love paranormal and occult play too much and hated it when they nerfed vampires. Too much nerfing already.

I totally agree with this. I find it quite disrespectful overall when some people call for features to be nerfed. So I'm glad you're at least willing to put up with the frustration

I'm wondering if your problem is actually due to the pack's mechanics though or maybe an autonomy bug that just happened to come with the pack? I mean packs tend to be buggy when they're first released. But as long as you're just expressing some dissatisfaction, that's totally fine.

Possibly. I already have problems getting sims to read at MHQ, they want to put books away every time I try to make them read.
    I am having some luck with offering the specters gifts. If they accept them they sometimes leave so I am trying that everytime they show up. If I can get them to leave my sim should stick to what I tell her to do.

Yeah I agree, I don't understand ppl that don't like, say, vampires but buys the pack for the bb items. Then call to get vampires toned down because they don't like them intruding in their game. I paid for vampire features and now I don't have what I paid for.

I'm glad to hear the giving the specters gifts are working to a degree for you. But if you're having problems with other non paranormal related things it could be a bug I suppose. Though, how far are you on the medium skill? Because if it's not a bug, maybe it has to do with autonomy regarding the skill. I haven't had the chance to play with the pack yet, so I can't say for sure.

Exactly. It's not that hard to skip out on a pack that you don't have any interest in. Yes, everyone is allowed to spend their money how they like. But if you're just going to be complaining about vampires and cry and beg the devs to nerf them... don't get a pack titled vampires. Or better you, if you can't live without the build-buy/cas items: delete the premade vamps in your game, and don't create any. Boom, problem solved.

If it's an actual bugged feature (like spirits showing up on normal lots without any sort of trigger) then yes, fix that. Or if your problem that you're currently having is due to a buggy thing in the pack, then sure, let the devs fix or tweak it.
    I think the all over challenge for EA is that each pack's features must blend in with features from all other packs. I don't think many simmers have say only base game + vampires. If you have most packs, it would be just as bad if your sim will no longer be able to perform other tasks due to constant vampire attacks. Staying up all night because of a feature of pack A might not be a good thing if you also want your sim to develop skills in the ECO or FAME pack. So, would it be more fair to not ever get to use the features you paid for in ECO or GF?

Game would probably benefit from more customizable settings. We should decide the balance between pack features, maybe I want to focus on extreme vampire activity this month, but on getting famous the next. Then each simmer could adjust pack dominance and everyone would be happy :) And - we could also purchase a new pack with different motives; BB or features or whatever. Would be a pity if great BB would be restricted to specific extreme game play. After all, most packs come with great general stuff, too.

Perhaps the hand that came with Paranormal is one step in the direction of adjusting the pack feature levels. I don't understand why such setting ability is hidden in an object instead of being in the game settings, though. Many gamers who don't frequent the forum might never discover the possibility of adjusting the intensivity of the haunting etc.

I personally wouldn't have a problem with more toggles being added to the game (in the settings) but I'm just not hopeful that it will solve them problem. I'd like to think it would since more toggles would be worlds better than having content nerfed, but I just don't know.

And while I can't speak for others who "seem" (because I don't think they actually do) to disagree on the addition of toggles, I don't think it's that people are against toggles being added to the game settings. They just have the same fears I do, or feel it's worthless because some of the more toxic players are still going to complain about the features they don't like and bug the devs until they're nerfed.

calaprfy wrote: »

Oh, it will be. Someone will.

That's what I'm afraid of. Somebody on twitter already asked for it to be toned down.

If this gets a nerf as well I think Im going to start asking for random features in various packs to get the nerf too.

Cat and Dogs? Oh I dont want all these animals in my game. Nerf them.

Festivals in City living and Snowy Escape? Yeah I dont care about the festivals, can we get a nerf on those? Oh how about delete them entirely? Festivals are dumb.

Parenthood's value system? Nerf that too. No reason, I just think it needs to be nerfed.

Exploring the jungle in Jungle Adventure? ITS NERF OR NOTHING. I dont want my sim to get attacked by gross things in the jungle and temple! Just go, find the treasure and get out! It doesnt need to be some silly "adventure"!

But what if you like the gameplay and features? Who cares? I dont! Therefore it shouldnt be in the game. Stop liking what I dont like! >:

Don't forget about the piles of dirty laundry in Laundry Day. I should be able to add a laundry room + laundry baskets in my Sim builds without having to do the actual chore. Even though I clearly bought a pack that advertised doing laundry as its main feature. Nerf it please.

Or what about that mystery in Strangerville? What if I just want to live in the town and don't want to have to go through the whole solving the mystery quest? We should nerf that too, because clearly I'm not the only one.

Note: to anyone just coming in, I don't want these features being nerfed. :lol: Just trying to make a point.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    It's so annoying trying to get my sim to do anything at night when the specters are about. She cancels whatever I tell her to do just to go talk to them...every single time.

That is literally the point of living in a haunted house. You have to get rid of the ghosts. That is the whole point of the pack.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I'm playing it with a vampire, and since there's nothing important for her to do I haven't really noticed...
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Bonehilda doesn't have her own personal trait, like Guidry.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    if you want the new job you don't have to live in a hunted house just get the job trait in the reward store
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    edited February 2021
    I don’t want them to nerf the pack, but they could definitely make sims less obsessed with the spectres like they’ve done with things like knitting or the woodworking bench.

Also I’d love a spectre custom familiar, but not the Bob’s Burger one.

Edit:
    It's so annoying trying to get my sim to do anything at night when the specters are about. She cancels whatever I tell her to do just to go talk to them...every single time.

That is literally the point of living in a haunted house. You have to get rid of the ghosts. That is the whole point of the pack.

I think the challenge of living in a haunted house is coexisting with the spectres, not getting rid of them. Guidry even says so when you ask for advice. Otherwise you’d be able to get rid of them without changing the lot type.

The career is obviously different, but that’s because those sims presumably didn’t choose to live in a haunted house.

Either way, when the little guys are visibly happy there’s no reason to be constantly bothering them, just let them live their little unlives.
  • Options
    simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    I like the specters there, otherwise I wouldn't have a haunted house. It's just frustrating when they constantly want to communicate with them, especially when they are canceling tasks I have set them to do. I have resorted to not doing much when they are there unless they leave when an offering is made. Plus I just spent 2 in game hours trying to talk to a guest that was freaking out. Funny but again frustrating.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • Options
    LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    Are you playing on a computer and do you use mods? MCCC allows you to disable any autonomous interactions in the game. This way you can disable specifically the interaction that makes sims talk with spectres, so they won't do it unless you order them to. I'm not sure if MCCC tuner needs an update to be able to pick new interactions from a new pack, but otherwise it should work.
  • Options
    LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    edited February 2021
    I like the specters there, otherwise I wouldn't have a haunted house. It's just frustrating when they constantly want to communicate with them, especially when they are canceling tasks I have set them to do. I have resorted to not doing much when they are there unless they leave when an offering is made. Plus I just spent 2 in game hours trying to talk to a guest that was freaking out. Funny but again frustrating.

Also canceling interactions is annoying overall, it should only be allowed if there's an emergency, like if some sim is dying or if the house is on fire. Otherwise whatever it is they want to do should go to the queue, so they can do it after they're finished with the tasks I asked them to do. That'd be just great... But that's an issue from the game itself, not from the pack :/
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    Having a lot of fun with the pack <3 but....lol... I downloaded the DoctorAshley haunted house to use and they didn't put in a back door.
    I had to rearrange the kitchen and extend the porch to put in a door. I didn't do a great job but hey it works.
    Not a biggie but didn't make sense to have a back porch and have to walk around the outside of the house to get to it.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Her house didn’t come with any trash cans either. And the house it prompts you to place initially didn’t have the seance table so I had to buy one.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    Her house didn’t come with any trash cans either. And the house it prompts you to place initially didn’t have the seance table so I had to buy one.

Ahh I thought it was me so went back in and redownloaded and got one with table. They must have put it back up. Wish they had fixed the door issue though. My building skills are almost non-existent. LOL
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I don't own the pack, but I hope the teams don't nerf it up like they did the Vampires one. That isn't fair to the Simmers who bought HH because of all the spookiness. Hopefully, for those that want things toned down, someone will come up a mod that does that. There's no need to take away from a main feature simply because a few folks dislike parts of it. That just ruins it for more people. Have the teams learned nothing in six years!!
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I do not own Paranormal but I'm going off the idea of purchasing it. I was thinking of having a lottery-winning NPC move into a haunted house and letting the paranormal activity run wild for 🐸🐸🐸🐸 & giggles. But once the novelty has worn off, I've no use for it. I don't really need Bonehilda when I can hire a butler, right?
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,023 Member
    I haven't noticed any real issues with the new pack in my game, but I did have an extra Guidry show up one day. The new guy (on the couch) was a stranger to my sims and hadn't spoken to anyone. I looked online to see what I should do with the "imposter," and decided to use MCCC to delete him. Everything is fine now. The real Guidry wasn't affected at all.
    y4mptCw3gf_mkOje_DI-r4JMgzJ7eRFJQTooW33F927jL40K7HjgWzKf_Z5RR0vp0mES7JyAM56ByNshwW1Jcs_X3mWblrR9goR6lQHd7A4UrN0HRKCPmNf006NcL9wS6pv_EDpTdQhC8dR6cH95m4P3e_69DzGIZ2jerDPbxDeZNR3iOD25gtIAorWCpypycTV?width=1920&height=1080&cropmode=none
  • Options
    wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    edited February 2021
    I finally took a break from the Haunted House option because I got annoyed everytime a ghost visited or the specters came, my Sim got too scared to do anything near them or would wake up randomly at night because of a nightmare and wouldn't go back to sleep. Ok yeah its a little more realistic but still when you don't want your Sim to pass out the next day because they are too tired, at work, it gets annoying. Plus if you have people over and they come, everybody stops doing what they are doing and freaks out at the ghosts. Other then that it is a cool option and I love the stuff that came with the pack. I just think they need to adjust some things with it.
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    I absolutely love paranormal pack. To me it is better than snowy escape. I know it is insane to even compare a SP with EP but this is how I feel I can’t help it. And I consider myself a realism player !
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I am really enjoying the new Paranormal pack! I made a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 couple who both wanted the career and they moved into the haunted house. It was so much fun trying to live there and manage all that was going on. They are planning a family soon so they moved to another haunted house after they completed an exorcism (changed lot back to residential). Now they are trying to deal with the current haunted house, but it was too mild. Turned on heroic mode but haven't noticed any more of a change in the haunting. Think will try to leave items there instead of clearing and see if it ramps up. They invited friends for Thanksgiving and were unable to make grand meal because the power was turned off by the spirits. They ended up with dinner 11:00 at night after their guests were scared away. LOL It was crazy and alot of fun! My 2 pet peeves are the frequent need to drink water interrupting their actions I set and the constant web browse that appears when I am using the seance table. Happens every time. Only disappointment is the heroic mood which isn't as intense as I thought it would be. Maybe because it is their second haunted house?
  • Options
    I now have an actual Ghost family in my game. I had one of my sims fall-in-love with Guidry, then I temporary turned him human to have a baby with her. Then once she was pregnant I turned Guidry back into a Ghost & gave his wife the Guidry trait as well so she could be a Ghost. Finally, when their baby girl was a toddler, I was able to give her the Guidry trait too.
  • Options
    MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    Paranormal is hands down the best pack in the entire game. Second is Snowy Escape. (Notice how the two best packs are the ones that had Game Changers build the lots lol)
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @SERVERFRA

That's a great idea do you have a pic of the ghost family :)

@Rosysimmer

I adore Snowy Escape I wanted Skiing in sims forever..

I also love the vampire pack, Realm of Magic and the Paranormal pack while also considering myself to a realistic player :) I have specific families for different gameplay themes so I don't get bored :)
  • Options
    My Ghost family is in the Gallery under my username, SEREFRAS
  • Options
    ibstinkypoohibstinkypooh Posts: 85 Member
    How do you find Guidry? I visited a haunted house but I don't know how he appears or what I have to do.