Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's the most amount of kids you've ever had in one family?

12346...Next

Comments

• Options
    MelsieYTMelsieYT Posts: 289 Member
    I have a family that had three consecutive boys. Three is a good number usually, especially since they were fairly close in age and they were struggling a bit with money at the time. I got greedy and decided to try for just one more so that I could possibly get a girl... and ended up with twins, one of each. Then a while later Risky Woohoo did me dirty and my sims got another daughter. Six is... A LOT.

I think I've probably had more than six at one point though but I can't recall.
  • Options
    simesmerizedsimesmerized Posts: 202 Member
    The most I've ever had in one family at one time was 4 children. It was after toddlers came out and boy was that a mistake lol. I couldn't handle it and ended up moving the oldest out when she was a teen with her child sister. I have never tried that again. My sims almost always only have 1 child... sometimes 2. The last time I had 3 was when risky woohoo gave my sim couple triplets... my first ever!
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I dont know because i stopped making my sims have more than two kids years ago. So yeah, right now the most amount of kids they get is two.
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Umm lots? My alien take over save takes a communal approach to rearing the children. So they have one adult and 7 of each child stage per incubating house. 7 babies, 7 toddlers, 7 kids, 7 teens. No life stage is allowed to age up until all the stage above them have completed their goals and are ready to age up.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    I think the most was 4, my Rachael had 2 girls and a boy who were mostly grown when she and her husband surprised me with another little girl, so the most wasn't as bad as I could have had it, ll, just wow. I do not do large families, not enough spaces so they can move out is the problem. Now if Maxis would grace us with another empty neighborhood I would be thrilled and so would my sim parents!
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,140 Member
    Six, and that happened only once in Sims4. Rotational play is harder this time around, so I keep my families small with two kids per couple, or one if the Sim is a single parent. Having more babies in each family makes the holidays and family activities much more difficult so I often end up getting too frustrated when playing feels more like herding cats than having a good time. I love every stage of a Sim's life, and put a lot of time and effort into making sure each one has the skills and traits they're going to need to live the story I have in mind.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Twenty five. It was so funny.

I had a butler, a maid, two grandmothers and two teenagers (they took care of the kids, all toddlers). The parents worked and vacationed alone.

The parents never took care of the kids, they just had them and then went on with their lives.
  • Options
    MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    I once had two toddlers in the same family. I lasted a Sim week and then gave up. I felt so sorry for the parents who barely had any time to take care of their own needs, They were always exhausted. The toddlers were sure cute though. I have that save on my external drive. Maybe I'll blow the dust off of it and see if I can make it another Sim week.
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Nine. But no more than six lived at home at the same time. One single birth and four sets of twins, a different father for each pregnancy. The oldest was a lot older and for the two middle sets of twins one of each was raised by their father instead.
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    I’ve had 7 before, luckily most of them were older by the time I reached the 7th. I love family play in the game and I love the challenge of keeping everyone alive and thriving. :D
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    10 kids
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    Sims 3, a little over a hundred. Had a male sim go out and have children with almost everybody in Isla Paradiso. Did not help with my lag!

Sims 4, honestly, with the recent onslaught of triplets I've been tormented with, my sims have been having far too many children. I think 11 or 12 has probably been the max, but back when I used to have mccc let my sims have up to 6 (yes 6) children, it was probably larger.
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    LehmanLegacyLehmanLegacy Posts: 176 Member
    The largest number of children I’ve had in a family I’ve been actively playing is 4. At that point as well the older children were just about to hit the adult life stage.

I WISH with all my might that I could find a good height slider mod though because it really breaks my immersion when the teenagers look pretty much like YA. I can only really differentiate this by having older sims wear more “mature” clothes but this doesn’t work when my Sim’s personality conflicts.

Any suggestions would be most welcome to help!
  • Options
    Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    I specifically limit the number of children each member of generation can have. That being said the Gen1s are the only ones to have 6 kids in one house hold.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,896 Member
    Most ever so far was 6 kids. This was in Sims 2. Starter family was an entry level cop dad and a mom who had one of those 6 children aspirations... 6 children get married maybe? I created the family with 3 teenage daughters and a child son. The daughters all had to have part-time jobs in addition to school just to keep the family afloat. Normal life in that household was 3 teen girl sim voices all going "WATCHA LOOMIKAA?!" at almost the same time and waving their arms around because they weren't having any fun. Meanwhile, mom was pregnant again and just trying not to die of starvation en route from her bed to the fridge and back.
  • Options
    blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,373 Member
    @LehmanLegacy I've started using the shorter teens mod, I don't know if you have tried that yet :)
    https://modthesims.info/d/642260/auto-shorter-teens.html
  • Options
    LehmanLegacyLehmanLegacy Posts: 176 Member
    @blueybluesky I haven't tried that mod- but I have found one by one of my favourites, Luumia Sims. Thanks for the suggestion though, I'll need to give it a try! :smiley:
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    My sims usually have one or two kids, though one time in TS2 one family ended up with 3 kids after trying for a second baby. Those twins were hard to bring up, they would start crying at the same time and when they aged to teens they took turns to kick over the family trashcan. Had to lock it up.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I started my orphanage with 7 - 1 teen, 4 kids and 2 tods.

The evil orphanage owner makes the teen stay home from school and look after the toddlers. It wasn't too bad until gremlins came in the night and broke every single appliance, plumbing item etc. The teen had had a nervous breakdown by the end of that day :D