Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[OLD] Broken Mods & CC: Scared Update & Paranormal SP, Jan. '21

Comments

• Options
    catalina_45catalina_45 Posts: 359 Member
    For me Evolv all plant from Scumbumbo team updated by Basemental (05 Feb 2020) is working with patch 1.70 and Paranormal Stuff (I read in a post that it's in testing)
    Words are soul's image
  • Options
    SashasonicSashasonic Posts: 69 Member
    edited January 2021
    DarkAudit wrote: »
    Sashasonic wrote: »
    FurAndYarn wrote: »
    My paranormal reward traits are missing... i.e. Brave. Anyone else noticed this issue? I'm assuming a mod that adds or changes traits/ reward traits is to blame, but wanted to check if anyone else is having the same problem before I dive into the chaos of my mods folder. :#

Hi, I accidentally still had 'All Perks are Free', in my folder.. which is broken, and stopped the rewards store for Paranormal, ie: went looking for the Sacred Candles.. deleting this mod, fixed the issue.. Noticed & fixed for myself as well, as was helping someone on AHQ at the time. :)

Frimlin's Expanded Rewards has an all free perks variant, and is updated for the new pack.

No problem, I've just always used the other, in the past However, I'm aware of that mod & just mentioned as the o.p, was looking for something that caused similar issues. :)
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited January 2021
    Hi all! Just a reminder that we can't discuss here any modder who has 18+ content. Thanks :)

Mod Updates
    Gentle Trait (Lazurite)
    High Strung Trait (Lazurite)

CC Updates
    Baby and Alien skins by Qahne

Reported Fine by Creator
    Ilkavelle — all mods
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    SashasonicSashasonic Posts: 69 Member
    edited January 2021
    @Alice-Enigma If deleting localthumbcache doesn't help, head over to his Discord for support
    @ashlynette92 Do you have a link for Ilkavelle's confirmation? Also please see the updated coverage here in the first post on p. 1.

https://ilkavelle.wixsite.com/simsquest/patch-compatibility
    also what am i missing about the updated coverage? sorry but i didnt see anything new in the first post or am i overlooking it?

Hi there, just noticed.. I believe though she, Ilkavelle is on hiatus.. as per her Twitter

Unless of course, many use her mods, and know this for sure?[/i]

Never mind: She only posted about her mods on Patreon, apologies..
  • Options
    New for the Pack
    No Auto Lighting on Haunted Lots (TwelfthDoctor1)
    Stay Longer, Bonehilda (TwelfthDoctor1)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Mod Updates
    Autonomous Proposals! (PolarBearSims)
    Autonomous "Ask to Move In" (PolarBearSims)
  • Options
    Reported Fine by Creator
    • PolarbearSims: Have Some Personality Please, Autonomous First Kiss
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    does anyone have news about npcc by Paulson, or any mod similar please? the thing is, it doesn't spawn Guidry, Bonehilda or Temperance when i have it on the game. unless i'm missing on a setting on options?
  • Options
    bella_goth wrote: »
    does anyone have news about npcc by Paulson, or any mod similar please? the thing is, it doesn't spawn Guidry, Bonehilda or Temperance when i have it on the game. unless i'm missing on a setting on options?

It's been reported broken. See p. 1.
  • Options
    NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    > @bella_goth said:
    > does anyone have news about npcc by Paulson, or any mod similar please? the thing is, it doesn't spawn Guidry, Bonehilda or Temperance when i have it on the game. unless i'm missing on a setting on options?

If you want Guidry, Bonehilda, and Temperance, you'll need to remove NPCC from your mods folder, spawn them in your game, and then you can put NPCC back into your mods folder. Once they are spawned, they're moved to hidden households and it's safe to use NPCC again. If you try to spawn them with the mod, it will use a random townie to fill that role instead. I tested it in my game and it killed a random teen girl in my town and gave her the Guidry role. The mod still works, but it definitely needs an update to support the new roles.
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    oh, alright it's what i'll do, thank you! hopefully Paulson gets to update the mod
  • Options
    AJN222AJN222 Posts: 2 New Member
    After i updated my sims 4 with the new paranormal pack, all mods stopped working per usual because of update. So i enabled them again and they still didnt work so i learnt that i had to update my mods. After i updated it still didnt work. Mods are disabled even after updating.. i dont know what to do. Please help.
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Hi @AJN222

I don't know loads about the S4 series but before a new patch or pack you should defo take out your mods/any CC prior to updating them then when you know everything is working okay in game you can place your updated mods back in to check them and go from there. If nothing is working at the moment then remove your mods/CC and repair your game to see if that helps.

You always need to check if your mods need updating after a patch or a pack release update.
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    AJN222 wrote: »
    After i updated my sims 4 with the new paranormal pack, all mods stopped working per usual because of update. So i enabled them again and they still didnt work so i learnt that i had to update my mods. After i updated it still didnt work. Mods are disabled even after updating.. i dont know what to do. Please help.
    Some people are reporting that their antivirus programs are interfering after some patches. You may want to check your antivirus settings and make sure it isn’t blocking anything the game needs.
  • Options
    AJN222AJN222 Posts: 2 New Member
    @SPARKY1922 and @Kita5399 Thank you guys for responding and your help .. i tried repairing as well but still the same. I am going to remove the mods folder and see what happens.. I already selected the option for my anti virus to not interfere with the game.
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    @SPARKY1922 and @Kita5399 Thank you guys for responding and your help .. i tried repairing as well but still the same. I am going to remove the mods folder and see what happens.. I already selected the option for my anti virus to not interfere with the game.
    No problem, if all else fails you can post a report to maybe get additional help
    You can create a post here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/bd-p/The-Sims-4/page/5

• Options
    FD_ModsFD_Mods Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi. I noticed that none of the mods I'm using are removing buffs anymore. In all of them the loot operation "buff_removal" does not seem working. Is anyone else also having this problem?
  • Options
    FurAndYarnFurAndYarn Posts: 459 Member
    Sashasonic wrote: »
    Hi, I accidentally still had 'All Perks are Free', in my folder.. which is broken, and stopped the rewards store for Paranormal, ie: went looking for the Sacred Candles.. deleting this mod, fixed the issue.. Noticed & fixed for myself as well, as was helping someone on AHQ at the time. :)

Thank you for your ideas! I figured it had to be some mod that was affecting traits. Funny enough, it turned out to be some aspirations from KiaraSims that were causing the issue. They've been updated and I have my paranormal reward traits now. :)

Explore the story of my over 50-generation legacy family!
    z5lD0kSm.png
  • Options
    RoomouseRoomouse Posts: 99 Member

This is a game bug that has been happening for the last several packs and updates. You should be able to find a post about it on the site that Kita5399 posted. Also, the same issue has been mentioned in this forum post of Luthienrising, as well as her posts from November and December.
  • Options
    EzeliaStarpuffEzeliaStarpuff Posts: 401 Member
    Not sure which mod is causing it, but whenever you try to greet Bonehilda for the first time, Sims sit, and then reset when the action is attempted.
    TTOVikb.png
    Follow my IGN: Cynquilla

• Options
    @luthienrising I fixed the issue concerning custom loading screens. Just had to be patient and let the game load everything.
    TTOVikb.png

• Options
    AOM Selectable Pets- broken (hasn't been updated in forever)
    NPCC- Paulson (public version)
    Faster Flower Arranging- c82
    Better Making Drinks- c82

Playing Together fix- LittleMsSam (Obsolete)
    plasticbox/pbox mods
    Pillow Talk- Shimrod
    Vomit for Every Sim- Nies
    TTOVikb.png

• Options
    @EzeliaStarpuff Pretty sure most of those are very long broken. NPCC is listed broken on p. 1. All are known.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Mod Updates
    No Emotional Deaths (thril1)
    Expanded Mermaids (SpinningPlumbobs)
  • Options
    bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member
    my sim is in acting for some reason not all coworkers are appearing at gigs she needs too complete i have mc did have npcc but took it out and did delete the caches.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top